FM11: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition - Levels 7-11

Sun Postal Sports - Molten Spartan South Midlands Football Premier Division (Level 9) - 2011/12

Transfers

Lots of players signed and even more released on frees at the start of the season as I was choosey about who got to make the transition from amateur to semi-pro.

Molten Spartan South Midlands Football Premier Division

Predicted: 4th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

We were never really threatened eventually winning with 5 games to spare. The remaining challenge was to complete a 2nd unbeaten league campaign and it was achieved in style as we finished 29pts clear having scored 143 goals.

FA Cup - 1st Round

We gave League 2 Burton Albion a decent game in the 1st Round proper but they were just too good.

FA Vase - WINNERS | Final

It took extra time in the final but we defended our title without too many problems.

Other News

Finances

Decent profit thanks mainly to prize money.

Club Records

Awards

Spartan SM Premier Top Scorer - 1st San Lee (27 gls) | 2nd Richard Simpson (21 gls)

Spartan SM Premier Palyer of the Season - 1st San Lee

Stars

Most Assists: San Lee - 23

Most Goals: San Lee - 33

Most MoM: San Lee - 8

Highest Avg Rating: San Lee - 7.64

Fans Player of the Year: San Lee - No suprise really as he dominated the scoring and assists.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Sun Postal Sports Trophy Room

Leagues

South Midlands Football Premier Division x 1 - 2011/12

South Midlands Football League Division One x 1 - 2010/11

Cups

FA Vase x 2 - 2010/11, 2011/12

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/    Lge Cups    Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner  N/A         N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner  N/A         N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks B.W.G, we should have gotten 150 and a lot more really but we had a 2 month run where we had a couple of 0-0's and a lot of 1-0 wins although we were creating 10+ chances every time. I changed my pre-match teamtalk to 'no pressure / result will come' and suddenly the goals flew in again.

San Lee got a lot of goals but he played almost all our games so when he demanded 600p/w (about 33% of my entire wage budget) and then went crying to the press when I told him to no, I decided to 'cash' in. I wasn't convinced he'd make the next step up so he's gone to the 'highest' bidder for £0. No point allowing him upset the rest of the squad although the fans are devastaed he's gone.

TAOD - Yorkshire Amateur - Evo Stik League Premier Division(Level 7) - 2013/14

Transfers

- Some good young released premier league talent there with Sunu of Arsenal, Knight and Elliott from Man United..

Competitions

Evo-Stik Premier Division - Table - A fantastic easy season again, defence not as solid as I'd like though.

FA Cup - 4th Round - Brave effort there with 10 men against a good WBA side, finallty collapsed in the final minutes, the last goal coming on the break after our keeper was up for a corner.

FA Trophy - Final - Wembley is like a 2nd home to us but we just didn't perform.

West Riding Senior Cup - Winners - Same as last time, it gives us a lot of money but it's a stupid competition.

Chairman's Cup - Winners - Another rubbish thing to win.

Challenge Cup - Winners - Add to the collection.

Key Players

Aaron McLean Geting on a bit but he performed way beyond expectations..

Alan O'Brien irish winger has a lot of experience and is way too good for our level.

gary Elliott Fantastic player, don't want to get carried away but I think he is capable of performing with us up the leagues hopefully..

Overview

Only disappointment was our performance in the Trophy final but I can't really complain after another great season.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Kool Sport D1(L10)      1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2011/12   Kool Sport Prem(L9)     1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2012/13   Evo-Stik D1(L8)         1st       4th Qual        N/A           N/A     Promoted
2013/14   Evo-Stik Prem(L7)       1st       4th Round       N/A           N/A     Promoted

Guest Mourinho

This is me 1 & 2

Mourinho - Vickerstown - West Lancashire Football League Premier Division (Level 11) - 2010/11

Season one was going along nicely but the board was not happy with me

So I was called in for a performance review :D

End of season Table

But still, people around the club seamed concerned 1 & 2

Transfers 1 & 2

Player stats

Notable players lost during season

Welch Grant Thompson Shaw Brady

Sissoko was scoutable, played in west brom previously and French 2nd nationallity 1 & 2

I wasn't enterd into any cups, guess that has to do with DB not being 100% for level 11

Basicly got good performances who ever was on the pitch as the team felt superior at this level

Season Division Position Acheivements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 [L11] West Lancashire FL Prem 1st Promoted
[/Code]

[QTAOD - Yorkshire Amateur - Blue Square North(Level 6) - 2014/15

Transfers

Focused on bringing in good young players released from top youth acadamies, this meant an increase in the wages we were spending so to help balance that we made a profit on a few players.

Competitions

Blue Square North - Table - Back to our old undefeated ways, a fantastic season way beyond what I expected.

FA Cup - 3rd Round - Had already knocked out 2 league two sides to reach this round and we took the runaway league two leaders Yeovil to a reply before eventually being unfortunate to lose.

FA Trophy - Winners - We got our trophy back. Maidenhead were a lot better than I expected and it took a last minute own goal for us to secure the trophy.

West Riding Senior Cup - Winners - Again, the same as last time, it gives us a lot of money but it's a stupid competition.

Key Players

Fred Hooper Youngster released by Birmingham was versatile but mainly used as a fantastic option on the right wing.

Jonathan Brown Another great young player, this guy started at Liverpool but was stolen by Man City for £675k but lasted only a year there before being released.

John Riley Man United decided he wasn't good enough for them but he was way too good for our level, quality youngster.

Overview

Seems the way forward is to get these young players in so will be trying that again. Hope to make a little bit of cash selling the likes of Mooney and O'Brien. Also am hoping to turn pro next year.

Season      Division            Position     FA Cup    Champs League     Euro CUp     Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Kool Sport D1(L10)      1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2011/12   Kool Sport Prem(L9)     1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2012/13   Evo-Stik D1(L8)         1st       4th Qual        N/A           N/A    Promoted
2013/14   Evo-Stik Prem(L7)       1st       4th Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2014/15   Blue Sq Prem(L6)        1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted

Well played TOAD!!! Im in my BSN season as we speak tell me how you get on with going PRO. As im semi pro still and a bit worried. On a side note Long Live Gifton Noel-Williams 35 years old and still going strong!

Cheers guys, I'm Still semi Pro. I asked right at the very end to change to pro and they agreed to do it next year. Guess they meant the following year which is annoying.

Sun Postal Sports - Zamaretto League Division One South & West (Level 8) - 2012/13

Transfers

Still scouring the market for freebies.

Zamaretto League Division One South & West

Predicted: 12th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

We dominated from the off, securing a playoff place with 11 games to go and confirming promotion with 9 games to spare. Once the title was secured performances slipped and we were lucky to remain unbeaten.

FA Cup - First Round

League 2 opposition did for us again in the 1st round as we lost out to Aldershot.

FA Trophy - First Round

Lost out to FC United who are a level above us. Shame as the prize money from a decent run would really help.

English Southern League Cup - WINNERS | Final

Other News

Finances - A small profit.

Club Records

Awards

N/A

Stars

Most Assists: Anton Forrester - 20

Most Goals: Anton Forrester - 30

Most MoM: James Reid & Anton Forrester - 7

Highest Avg Rating: James Taylor - 7.54

Fans Player of the Year: Anton Forrester - Replaced San Lee brilliantly.

Leagues

Zamaretto League Division One South & West x 1 - 2012/13

Cups

English Southern League Cup x 1 - 2012/13

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup

TAOD - Yorkshire Amateur - Blue Square Premier(Level 5 - 2015/16

Transfers

Again have gone for the young released players and have made a tidy profit on the transfers overall.

Competitions

Blue Square Prem - Table - Was another easy title, some class players here.

FA Cup - Forgot to take a screenshot but we lost in the 2nd round to League One Crystal Palace.

FA Trophy - Finalists - Three Bridges are a team who have climbed a lot due to financial backing, we were unlucky though.

West Riding Senior Cup - Winners - Again, the same as last time, it gives us a lot of money but it's a stupid competition.

Key Players

Chris Garratt Looks a great player in the middle of the park, creative influence.

Jonathan Brown Another fantastic season from the goalscorer.

John Riley This guy just gets better and better.

Overview

New Stadium I've got a new stadium coming up and it's named after me :cool: It's put us in a bit of debt though.

Will look to sell some players to bring in some cash and continue with the youth players.

2012/13   Evo-Stik D1(L8)         1st       4th Qual        N/A           N/A    Promoted
2013/14   Evo-Stik Prem(L7)       1st       4th Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2014/15   Blue Sq North(L6)       1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2015/16   Blue Sq Prem(L5)        1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A   Promoted

:eek:

Just played Hull in the FA Cup 3rd rnd. Drew 2-2 at home after being 2-0 up and thought that was that. Went 1-0 down in the replay and knew that was that....but then the team only went and scored 2 to win away against a Championship side.

Next it's Chelsea :eek:

Sun Postal Sports - Zamaretto League Premier Division (Level 7) - 2013/14

Transfers

Zamaretto League Premier Division

Predicted: 13th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

23 straight wins from the start of the season left us 21 points clear by the time we finally dropped points in January. With games in hand due to cup commitments we were Champions with 12 games left to play. Our good form continued to the end of the campaign as we completed a 4th unbeaten season, 45 points clear having scored 134 goals.

FA Cup - 4th Round

Amazing run. Thought it was all over when Championship side, Hull came back from 2 down to force a replay but we shocked them with a backs to the wall 2-1 away win. Our 'reward' was an away game against Chelsea who beat us easily although we kept it respectable. The beating was worth it as we raked in about £750k.

FA Trophy - WINNERS | Final

A couple of great wins against BSP teams along the way topped off with a thrashing of Stockport County in the final.

Southern League Cup - WINNERS | Final

Verrrrry easy.

Other News

Finances

Very healthy thanks to our cup run.

Club Records

Awards

Zamaretto Premier Division Player of the Season - 1st Alex Rice

Zamaretto Premier Division Top Scorer - 1st Alex Rice (30 gls)

Stars

Most Assists: Aaron Walder & Alex Rice - 24

Most Goals: Alex Rice - 49

Most MoM: Alex Rice - 13

Highest Avg Rating: Darren James - 7.92

Fans Player of the Year: Alex Rice - Signed after being released by Man Utd, way way too good for this level.

Leagues

Zamaretto League Premier Division x 1 - 2013/14

Zamaretto League Division One South & West x 1 - 2012/13

Cups

FA Trophy x 1 - 2013/14

English Southern League Cup x 2 - 2012/13, 2013/14

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup
2013/14  SLP (L7)  1st   4th Rnd    FAT Winner   SLC Wnr    N/A         SLP Champions, FA Trophy,
                                                                       Southern League Cup

HELP - I desperately want to try this challenge,but this is doing my head in!!! - Have downloaded from link on OP - Level 11 - but when I get to selecting the file - it's not within the game - have put it in folder in my documents/Sports Interacive/ Football Manager 20011 (have installed game from Steam - 11.2.0 - does this make a difference?) Can somebody show me the light? - Thanks

I would recommend steering away from the level 11 version, personally, because there are quite a number of bugs with it that RTC and his team haven't managed to work out yet. And the folder you need to put it in is /My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Editor Data (If you don't have this folder in your FM11 folder, then create it)

Shouldn't make a difference, I'm a steam user and I've not had any trouble with .dbc files. I presume you are going to the correct place to try and turn it on (ticking the "change" box on the database version select popup). Other than that I've got no idea.

@ Hot Dog, Check the path is correct to the file. I had 2 Football Manager 2011 directories created on my pc, one under c:\user\public & one at c:\user\myloginname. It needs to be in the one with your loginname in the path.

If that doesn't help I'd suggest posting in the thread in the Editors Hideaway, bound to have been someone else who had the same problem :)

Thanks for your help guys, it must have been something to do with what you said Daemonic, it strangely appeared in the wrong place, so wasn't coming up in the "change" box pop-up!! - Anyway - all sorted now - I'll be back later with an update of which club is gonna benefit from my managerial efforts - wish me luck on the journey!!

TAOD - Yorkshire Amateur - League Two(Level 4 - 2016/17

Transfers

Another profitable year in the transfer market.

Competitions

League Two - Table - We had a slow start and I thought things wouldn't go our way, slight change of tactics meant we did it fairly easily in the end.

FA Cup - 4th Round - Annoying to throw away the leade

Johnstone's Paint Cup - Semi's - Outclassed here tbh

We also lost in the 1st round of the League Cup to Derby and Won the West Riding Senior Cup again.

Key Players

Dean StephensGood young left winger who chips in with goals.

Jonathan Brown Another dominant year for him, he managed 29 league goals.

Fred Hooper Similar to Stephens really, great player.

Overview

The Bracken Edge is falling apart and our new stadium has been delayed, bit of a nightmare really. Hope we can find some more gems as I've had a bit of a clear out.

2014/15   Blue Sq North(L6)       1st       3rd Round       N/A           N/A    Promoted
2015/16   Blue Sq Prem(L5)        1st       2nd Round       N/A           N/A   Promoted
2016/17   League Two              1st       4th Round       N/A            N/A  Promoted

Archived