FM11: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition - Levels 7-11

Sun Postal Sports - npower League 1 - 2017/18

Transfers

Tried to make some improvements, partly frustration inspired signings to try to improve our poor defensive record. Also smashed our transfer record with the 300k January signing of Balic who promptly whinged about settling in England and decided to 'fix' this by moving to Burnley for 400k 6 months later.

Mason left after the board accepted a 300k bid, should have been double that at least.

npower League 1

Predicted: 24th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

The 4th game of the season saw us suffer only our 2nd EVER league defeat which was followed 4 games later by our 3rd EVER league defeat. This wasn't going to be as easy as previous years with the main problem being poor away form and an inability to keep a clean sheet.

Eventually however we found some consistency and managed to put some distance between ourselves and the chasing pack. Promotion was confirmed with 5 games left and the Championship 1 game later.

FA Cup - Fourth Round

A decent run including a good win over Millwall and holding Liverpool to a draw at home before they hammered us at Anfield.

League Cup - First Round

Very disappointing exit.

Johnstone Paint Trophy - WINNERS | Final

Lucky in the final as Peterborough were much the better side.

Other News

Finances - Gate receipts of 600k from the FA cup replay with Liverpool and 200k for the JPT final helped keep the finances respectable.

Club Records

Awards

N/A

Stars

Most Assists: Wayne Saunders - 25

Most Goals: Wayne Saunders - 26

Most MoM: Wayne Saunders - 10

Highest Avg Rating: Wayne Saunders - 7.60

Fans Player of the Year: Wayne Saunders - Another fantastic season as physicality and mental strength again more than made up for a lack of skill.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Sun Postal Sports Trophy Room

Leagues

npower League 1 x 1 - 2017/18

npower League 2 x 1 - 2016/17

Blue Square Bet Premier x 1 - 2015/16

Blue Square Bet South x 1 - 2014/15

Zamaretto League Premier Division x 1 - 2013/14

Zamaretto League Division One South & West x 1 - 2012/13

South Midlands Football Premier Division x 1 - 2011/12

South Midlands Football League Division One x 1 - 2010/11

Cups

Johnstone Paint Trophy x 1 - 2017/18

FA Trophy x 3 - 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16

FA Vase x 2 - 2010/11, 2011/12

English Southern League Cup x 2 - 2012/13, 2013/14

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup
2013/14  SLP (L7)  1st   4th Rnd    FAT Winner   SLC Wnr    N/A         SLP Champions, FA Trophy,
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2014/15  BSS       1st   3rd Rnd    FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy
2015/16  BSP       1st   QF         FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy     
2016/17  L2        1st   3rd Rnd    N/A          3rd Rnd    N/A         npower L2 Champions
2017/18  L1        1st   4th Rnd    N/A          1st Rnd    N/A         npower L1 Champions, JPT Trophy     

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What level did you start at? And were you relegated in the first season?

level 11 i went up 1st season , finished 9th in the 2nd season got relegated the 3rd to a differnt league from the 1st season then won that an didnt get promoted :( started again now in level 11 as portland utd just need to make sure i dont get relegated this time lol

level 11 i went up 1st season , finished 9th in the 2nd season got relegated the 3rd to a differnt league from the 1st season then won that an didnt get promoted :( started again now in level 11 as portland utd just need to make sure i dont get relegated this time lol

Dorset Prem :thup:

Dorset Prem :thup:

Ye went them do to my miss's family living on Portland lovley place aswell :D im now in the western prem just starting my third season spent 25k on transfers :o lol predicted 5 but i think i can do it again . Love this challange oh an i got Weymouth as a parent club lol

Aww finished 2nd , drew my last game an would of went up if i won it due to a slow start to the season , my 25k spent on players looks good i was having to pay 5k compensation for the players but they are now worth 70-80k , joint favs to go up this year , an made 130k profit last year with a 250k turn over , and i did have Weymouth as a parent club but they got relegated into my division so its been terminated :(

Best of luck next season :)

thanks daemonic , got promoted in the end so now im in the zamaretto league div 1 south & west and have got off to a great start

league table

finance's

players value

my achievements

fav's to go up this year again but still no parent club :( and chelsea have 2 clubs on my game one in the prem and one in central zamaretto not sure how thats happend :(

Sun Postal Sports - npower Championship - 2018/19

Transfers

Spain continues to be the best location for picking up players. The 'big' money signing was Mateo who was also received contract offers from Chelsea and Arsenal but chose us. Excellent debut season with 13 goals and 19 assists.

npower Championship

Predicted: 24th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

Wolves and Middlesbrough made it very difficult but we gained promotion to the top flight at the first time of asking. The number of goals conceded is still a worry.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Good run to the Quarter Final before Liverpool demolished us in a replay.

League Cup - Second Round

Lost in the 2nd round in a crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy game as we scored 5 yet still managed to lose by 3.

Other News

Finances

Our new stadium paid dividends as we made a decent profit each month. Sadly whoever designed it was an idiot and only put 1800 seats in so the board are kitting it out as an all-seater and we'll ground share with Watford while this is completed.

Club Records

Awards

N/A

Stars

Most Assists: Wayne Saunders - 22

Most Goals: Wayne Saunders - 36

Most MoM: Wayne Saunders - 9

Highest Avg Rating: Wayne Saunders - 7.80

Fans Player of the Year: Wayne Saunders - He really does look rubbish technically but what a player. Wonder if the Premier League is a step to far?

Leagues

npower Championship x 1 - 2018/19

Cups

Season   League    Pos.  FA Cup     FA Vase/     Lge Cups   Europe      Achievements
                                   FA Trophy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010/11  SM1 (L10) 1st   5th Q Rnd  FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. D1, FA Vase
2011/12  SSM (L9)  1st   1st Rnd    FAV Winner   N/A        N/A         South Mids. PRM, FA Vase
2012/13  S1S (L8)  1st   1st Rnd    FAT 1st Rnd  SLC Wnr    N/A         S1S Champions, Sth Lge Cup
2013/14  SLP (L7)  1st   4th Rnd    FAT Winner   SLC Wnr    N/A         SLP Champions, FA Trophy,
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2014/15  BSS       1st   3rd Rnd    FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy
2015/16  BSP       1st   QF         FAT Winner   N/A        N/A         BSS Champions, FA Trophy     
2016/17  L2        1st   3rd Rnd    N/A          3rd Rnd    N/A         npower L2 Champions
2017/18  L1        1st   4th Rnd    N/A          1st Rnd    N/A         npower L1 Champions, JPT Trophy
2018/19  CH        1st   QF         N/A          2nd Rnd    N/A         npower Championship Winner 

I started with the Level 10 version and haven't hit any problems other than some regional cups having a higher rep than Serie A. If you have the patience to try again it may be worth starting a level higher with the Level 10 data file.

Yep, the opening post of the Editor's hideout thread has links to all the data files. I'd delete the Level 11 data file, replace it with the Level 10 one and try again.

I started the game on 11.1 or 11.2, can't recall which. Still running 11.2 because there was nothing that stands out as a bug to me to make me upgrade and I won't be starting another FM11 game so the updated database is pointless too.

thanks fella :D it runs much quicker for me now i just started with the level 10 leagues

only lost one game in my 1st season with 110 for and 25 against

league table

my 2 strikers scored a load of goals between them

Players

but im losing money fast , the board had to inject 25k at one point so looks like ill be spending most my time looking for free players :(

Great season. I topped up the bank balance in early seasons by arranging quite a few pre-season friendlies away to Foreign teams. Could make over 100k this way as long as you don't mind sedning out the reserves in a few games :)

Sun Postal Sports - Premier League - 2019/20

Transfers

Mostly kids and players starting to slide from their peak as our max wage of 16k per week didn't allow us attract anyone else. Also lost out on a few good signings due to our max fee to agents being 400k.

Premier League

Predicted: 20th | Final Position: 6th | Graph

A slightly shaky start to the season as the team took time to gel but around Christmas we found some consistency and climbed to the right end of the table. Although we never threatened the CL places, we did settle comfortably in the top 8 and a decent end to the season meant we qualified for the Europa League.

FA Cup - WINNERS | Final

A very lucky run to the final (all home ties and then L1 surprise package Gillingham in the Semi-Final) where we edged out Manchester City after extra time.

League Cup - Quarter Final

Other News

Finances

TV money, 12m prize money for our league placing and a nice FA cup run means a healthy profit despite spending 23m on players. The board thankfully decided to spend some of it on expanding the stadium and paying off the inital debts incurred for building the stadium.

Club Records

Awards

N/A

Stars

Most Assists: Adam Johnson - 12

Most Goals: Ray Atkinson - 27

Most MoM: Ray Atkinson - 9

Highest Avg Rating: Ray Atkinson - 7.38

Fans Player of the Year: Ray Atkinson - Had no intention of having Ray as a 1st teamer but a couple of hat-tricks in early appearances changed my mind and he never stopped scoring all season.

Leagues

Cups

FA Cup x 1 - 2019/20

FA Trophy
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2018/19  CH        1st   QF         N/A          2nd Rnd    N/A         npower Championship Winner 
2019/20  PRM       6th   Winner     N/A          QF         N/A         FA Cup

Great season. I topped up the bank balance in early seasons by arranging quite a few pre-season friendlies away to Foreign teams. Could make over 100k this way as long as you don't mind sedning out the reserves in a few games :)

ill have to try that one , this time no one seams to like me lol i signd a couple of players an i got loads of bids this time but i cant seam to attract top players or staff , i got teams from bsp bidding on my strikers but as soon as i ask for money they dont want to know :(

ill have to try that one , this time no one seams to like me lol i signd a couple of players an i got loads of bids this time but i cant seam to attract top players or staff , i got teams from bsp bidding on my strikers but as soon as i ask for money they dont want to know :(

The first few seasons I just sign frees released from League clubs who are recommended by my Assistant on the Team Report screen or players recommended during Backroom staff meetings. If they are recommended on there they should be willing to sign. It was only around L1 that I had to rely more on scouts as assistant and staff recommendations weren't good enough.

As for staff, I just got bodies in and replace them later. It's not like I needed great coaches cause the players are only there for 2 or 3 seasons before being moved on.

Kevio - Kingsbury London Tigers - Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Divison - (2010-11) - Level 9

Hi guys,

I started this last night with my very local club, Kingsbury London Tigers, in the South Midlands League Premier Division (level 9). I've gotten through my first few friendlies with no real problems (lost the first match 4-0 but no-one was fit!) and the FA Cup First Qualifying Round draw is coming up.

I signed a few nobodies based on scout reports, personal instincts and some extensive player searching... Will post a few screenshots after work and keep you all posted on how things go. :)

Sun Postal Sports - Premier League - 2020/21

Transfers

Spent a lot of money but it paid off.

Europa League - WINNERS | Final

Bit of a rubbish final but nice to win it as fingers corssed we'll never play in the competition again.

Premier League

Predicted: 11th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

We started well, immediately fixing last seasons biggest problem, our away form. Last year we managed just 3 away wins in 19 games, this year we had that many after just 4 away days. With our home form remaining solid, by the mid-point of the season we had pulled clear at the top table along with Arsenal.

Then the new additions gelled and we were almost unbeatable, winning 13 in a row to go 10 points clear at the top with 8 games to go. Despite a few blips after that we maintained our lead to win the Premier League.

FA Cup - Semi-Final

League Cup - Quarter Final

Community Shield - Runner Up - bad result, abysmal performance.

Other News

Finances were hit by my extravagant transfer spending but despite this the board announced another expansion which will take us to over 14k capacity.

Club Records

Awards

English Players' Young Player of the Year - 1st Fabão

Stars

Most Assists: Álvaro Lasarte - 23

Most Goals: Félix Mateo - 33

Most MoM: Félix Mateo - 10

Highest Avg Rating: Fabão - 7.57

Fans Player of the Year: Fabão - Excellent debut season and a bargain at 3.7m

Leagues

Premier League x 1 - 2020/21

Cups

Europa League x 1 - 2020/21

FA Cup x 1 - 2019/20

FA Trophy
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2020/21  PRM       1st   SF         N/A          QF         EL Winner   [b]PRM Winner[/b], EL Winner

Thanks, was a pretty easy run in the Europa League. Only decent teams really were Roma and Chelsea who were having a poor season with Denis Wise constantly under threat of the sack.

What level are you at now maffdenton? or would it jinx it to even give that much away :D

Sun Postal Sports - Premier League - 2021/22

Transfers

Spent a LOT, but after this it should just be a few players a season rather than wholesale changes.

Champions League - WINNERS | Final

Juventus edged us into 2nd in the group stage before we squeezed past Schalke in the first knockout round. The Quarter-Final against Olympique de Marseille was the only straightforward tie as we only beat Olympique Lyonnais on away goals in the Semi-Final to setup an all English final against Liverpool.

Having been thrashed the week before in the FA Cup final we wanted revenge and took the lead early on before sealing it with a second half penalty. Sun Postal sports are CHAMPIONS of EUROPE.

Premier League

Predicted: 6th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

15 wins from the start of the season gave us a big lead but Man U were have a great season too and always had games in hand. We had a chance to seal the title at home to Spurs in the 35th game of the season but with one eye on our Champions League semi-final 2nd leg 3 days later, a slightly weakened side lost 1-2.

It didn't matter in the end though as 3 days later a draw for Man U away to Sheffield in one of their games in hand meant we clinched our place in the Champions League final and the Premier League title simultaneously.

FA Cup - Runner Up | Final

Awful performance in the final, just shockingly poor.

League Cup - WINNERS | Final

We left it late but just managed to beat Manchester United in the final.

European Super Cup - WINNERS

Community Shield - WINNERS

Other News

Finances

Very healthy despite my transfer spending with Champions League prize money and TV revenue making a huge difference. Sadly there was no stadium expansion and hovering over the Boardroom request indicates the max expansion for the current stadium has already been reached.

Club Records

Awards

English Players' Young Player of the Year - 1st Félix Mateo | 2nd José Antonio

Stars

Most Assists: Félix Mateo - 24

Most Goals: Alexey Chernov & José - 30

Most MoM: José - 8

Highest Avg Rating: Fabão - 7.61

Fans Player of the Year: Alexey Chernov

Leagues

Premier League x 2 - 2020/21, 2021/22

Cups

Champions League x 1 - 2021/22

FA Cup x 1 - 2019/20

League Cup x 1 - 2021/22

European Super Cup x 1 - 2021

Community Shield x 1 - 2021

FA Trophy
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2020/21  PRM       1st   SF         N/A          QF         EL Winner   [b]PRM Winner[/b], EL Winner
2021/22  PRM       1st   Runner Up  N/a          Winner     CL Winner   [b]CL Winner[/b], PRM Winner, 
                                                                       Lge Cup
************************************ CHALLENGE COMPLETE ********************************************

A couple of teams have. Barking started in the Essex senior at Level 9 and are now in the Championship. Oddly enough they've made it that far without tycoon cash although they are in Receivership for the 2nd time in 4 years so may be going back down to League 1 soon.

Lye are also in the Championship having started at Level 10. They were however taken over in 2011 by a tycoon and I first noticed them last season when they signed a DL I had on my shortlist and paid him £105,000 per week.

I expect Lye in the Premier League within a couple of seasons considering how much they spend on wages.

My fixtures worked :D im now in blue square prem but dont seam to be attracting the players i should lol nothing much has happend for me , im just about staying level with cash from good cup runs , i think i got to rnd2 of the fa cup twice , spent no money on transfers and received none , but i think im going to struggle this year

Glad the game is behaving for you maffdenton

It does tend to be a struggle for cash once you have to start paying decent wages. I just race for the Premier League and to hell with the finances, I can pay off the debts with TV and prize money.

I guess when a man turns 40, he starts to think about what he wants to do with his life. I've played soccer off and on my whole life. I never got my big break and, being the US that wasn't too big of a surprise. I wasn't happy, of that I was sure. I wanted to play and while the mind was willing, the body was weak. After a lot of soul searching I knew what I had to do. I decided to chuck it all, cash in my retirement and move across the pond to jolly old England and start my life over again.

As soon as I landed, I started looking for work with a soccer, er, sorry, football club. After being laughed out of every reputable clubhouse I could find, I decided to lower my expectations. And then I lowered them again. And again. I eventually found my way to Sussex County. There, in a town I was certain was missing either an S or and F in front of their name, I was hired on as Head Coach for Uckfield Town FC.

How bad could it be? Let's go survey our field... Oh dear. I guess I can see why attendance is so low.

Wait, are those our dugouts...?

Well, I guess you have to start somewhere.

Now I just have to claw my way to the top, dragging these sorry sacks with me whether they want it or not.

lol great introduction 18rabbit look forward to your progress and updates, im doing well in the blue square prem after thinking i was going to struggle , just got to feb and im in 4th position , and after the comments off managers at the beginning saying i have no chance they have come around an started saying ho well i have done , im out of all the cups :( so now just to focus on a good position in the league , my board had a fan day and that has uped my attendance by about 200-300 each home game :D but the health and safety shut down one of my stands so lost 400 from my 2k capacity lol currently losing 20-30k a month aswell lol

So I found out this week that (s)Uckfield Town FC is technically an amateur club. Apparently amateur translates to "volunteer" in American. I really should have read the fine print a little more closely on my contract.

So basically I'm busting these guys balls on the hope that we can win and get promoted... to another amateur league... and then maaaybe we can get promoted to the big time in the Division 9 amateur league. Jesus these next three years are going to suck. Maybe before I retire again I will be able to afford to actually pay some of my staff (and myself). Oh and I guess my players too but Christ, there are so many footballers around here that people are lined up to come kick this stupid ball around while I yell at them and they're happy to do it for free.

Well, most of them are happy at least. Some of the worst players on the team storm into my "office" (the camper I'm sleeping in out behind the police station) and make the most asinine demands. Here's some of the ridiculous conversations I've had.

"Why did you remove me as captain??"

"Frankly I wouldn't let you captain the Titanic even after it hit the iceberg. Get the f*** out of my office."

"Why did you move me to the reserve team??"

"Basically because I got tired of seeing you at practice. You are so bad that I don't really even want you playing in friendly matches because you breathe too much of the oxygen on the field that can be put to better use by people that actually have some skills. Get the f*** out of office."

"Why did you fire me??"

"Because frankly, I enjoyed it and it cost me absolutely nothing. That small token of satisfaction I got from firing you is the most useful thing you've ever contributed to this team. You know what to do."

"Get the f*** out of your office?"

"Are you still here?"

And the press conferences... oh the press conferences...

"Would you say that your signing on as Head Coach of Uckfield Town was a dream come true?"

"Are you seriously asking me that question? Like I've dreamed all of my life of managing a team of fast food employees that are probably going to kick the ball the right direction at least 60% of the time... for free. Aim high I always say."

"Will you have to let anyone go as a result of this signing?"

"Uh... do you think I can't keep track of all of their names now or what? THEY. ARE. PLAYING. FOR. FREE. Please have your paper send someone less stupid to ask questions next time."

After being hired on I had the then assistant manager help me pick out couple of staff people that weren't total ass. I don't think at the time that he knew I was hiring his replacement but, whatever.

As I started scouting around for players, I quickly realized that I would need more hands to help me filter through the huge pile of s*** that was the amateur league players in our area. This meant that I would have to coerce the "board" into letting me "hire" more scouts. That was another fun conversation.

"We should increase the number of scouts so that maaaybe we can find 11 people in England willing to play for free that don't also suck huge bags of ass."

"We believe we currently have enough scouts to adequately... blah blah (I kind of tuned out at the end)"

"So you're telling me that I can't hire more FREE scouts that COST nothing because of... ? Because you suffer from rectal-cranial inversion syndrome?"

"Fine, whatever, hire 4 more you whiner." (or something like that)

After getting creamed in all of our friendlies in the pre-season I had managed to find a smattering of not totally sucky players and had begun molding them into a poorly oiled hoopty machine. So far, we haven't lost a regulation match, either in the Sussex County League Cup or in Sussex County League Div. 3. Hopefully we can make it through the holidays and out of this season relatively painlessly. Most of the squad now is really "ok" except for our keeper. I cannot find a keeper worth a damn anywhere. I'm about half tempted to ask the "board" to let me just install a large post in the middle of the goal on our end and hope for the best.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. HOLD THE PHONE. This just in, the club made a profit of $346 in November. I don't know what the hell we're paying for, some guy to mow the field? And yet somehow on the books our estimated value is still listed at 19.25 MILLION, maybe the chairman has a diamond studded dong. I don't think it's from the 25 season tickets we sold.

18Rabbit, I really wish SI had your replies as options to questions :)

The benefit of being Amateur is you can sign tons of players and see whose worth keeping and anyone who is rubbish can be rleased without cost. Also, I seem to recall a few others went semi-pro when promoted to Level 10.

Sun Postal Sports - Premier League - 2022/23

Transfers

Actually made a profit while improving the quality. José was the only player sold who I would have like to have kept but with just a year on his contract and his agent refusing to even enter negotiations I cashed in. It really should be just tweaks to the team from now on.

Club World Championship - WINNERS | Final

Thrashed Académie Paradou of Algeria 12-0 in the Semi-Final with 5 of the goals coming in the last 8 minutes and then cruised past DC United in the final to be crowned Club World Champions.

Champions League - Runner-Up | Final

Cruised to the Quarter Finals where we were fortunate to beat Atlético Madrid. Next up was an epic 2nd leg comeback to beat AC Milan before we were outclassed by Real Madrid in the final.

Premier League

Predicted: 5th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph

We started the season in unstoppable form steam-rollering teams and scoring hatfuls, including an 8-1 away win to 2nd placed Newcastle and a 7-2 away thrashing of Arsenal who were 3rd at the time. By the time we returned from Algeria as Club World Champions we were 15 point clear and still unbeaten.

The 100 goal mark was passed in our 26th game and 6 games later we were Champions again. We kept our good form going to the end finishing the season 29 pts clear with 137 goals scored.

FA Cup - Runner-Up | Final

Another abysmal final performance, disgusted with the teams capitulation.

League Cup - WINNERS | Final

European Super Cup - WINNERS

Community Shield - WINNERS

Other News

Finances

Despite a profit on transfers, an increased wage bill, 7m on upgrades to Youth and Training facilities and 17m to greedy shareholders meant a slight loss overall.

Club Records

Awards

English Footballer of the Year - 1st Alexey Chernov | 2nd Fabão | 3rd Amadeu Brandão

Premier League Top Scorer - 1st Alexey Chernov (28 gls)

Champions League Best Player - 1st Alexey Chernov

Champions League Golden Boot - 1st Alexey Chernov (11 gls)

Stars

Most Assists: Alexey Chernov - 26

Most Goals: Alexey Chernov - 46

Most MoM: Alexey Chernov - 14

Highest Avg Rating: Fabão - 7.80

Fans Player of the Year: Alexey Chernov - Amazing season and still only 21.

Leagues

Premier League x 3 - 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23

Cups

Club World Championship x 1 - 2022

Champions League x 1 - 2021/22

FA Cup x 1 - 2019/20

League Cup x 2 - 2021/22, 2022/23

European Super Cup x 2 - 2021, 2022

Community Shield x 2 - 2021, 2022

FA Trophy
                                                                       Southern League Cup
2021/22  PRM       1st   Runner Up  N/A          Winner     CL Winner   [b]CL Winner[/b], PRM Winner, 
                                                                       Lge Cup
************************************ CHALLENGE COMPLETE ********************************************
2022/23  PRM       1st   Runner Up  N/A          Winner     CL RU       PL, CWC, LC

Daemonic- Have any of the other Level 9/10 clubs shot up the leagues in a similar manner to you, perhaps with the help of a tycoon? Maybe even just reaching the Football League?
A couple of teams have. Barking started in the Essex senior at Level 9 and are now in the Championship. Oddly enough they've made it that far without tycoon cash although they are in Receivership for the 2nd time in 4 years so may be going back down to League 1 soon.

Lye are also in the Championship having started at Level 10. They were however taken over in 2011 by a tycoon and I first noticed them last season when they signed a DL I had on my shortlist and paid him £105,000 per week.

I expect Lye in the Premier League within a couple of seasons considering how much they spend on wages.

Lye have come straight up from the Championship making them the 2nd team from the depths of the League pyramid to make it to the top flight.

Another great season, daemonic, congratulations! By the way do you still use Wayne Saunders?

Thanks.

No, Saunders was released a couple of seasons ago and is currently playing for tycoon backed Heather St. Johns in the Blue Square Premier. He's continued his goal scoring for them, netting 48 goals in 60 games over the last 2 seasons.

[uckfield Town FC] - Season End 2011 - Starting Division: 11

2010/2011 is in the bag. Here's my managers snapshot.

I finally managed to find a fairly decent starting lineup, I only spend 5-10 minutes a day yelling the team now. I also managed to run an extension cord from my 'office' to a concealed outlet on the backside of the police station and so was able to not die over the winter. Which is a plus.

Year end summary for the club. We won the Sussex County League Division Three competition and also took home the Sussex County League Cup. This proves that we are one of the best crappiest teams in Sussex. Yay us.

Records for this season:

Record Attendance: 139 in the Sussex cup qtr final

Lowest Attendance: 79. Meh.

Most games without losing: 29. Damn, so close to going totally undefeated this season. We had a crucial injury and a suspension that hit us hard against the number 2 team in the league. Overall, we lost 3 games other than friendlies.

Top Goalscorer: John Pucket (20)

Top League Goalscorer: John Pucket (19)

Most goals in a match: John Pucket (3)

Highest average rating: John Pucket (7.54)

John has been pretty amazing for us overall.

Also, Jack Morris (ML) with 8 goals, 14 assists and averaging 7.40 has been a great player.

Tom Gallagher has been rock solid in the midfield with 7 goals, 9 assists and 5 MoM with an average rating of 7.23.

In the defensive line, we've had a few good signings near the end of the season that look promising, Joe Tabiri, Matt Plummer and Tom Jordan all have been performing well.

Hopefully we can keep it together and push straight through Sussex County League Division 2 next season and move on up.

EDIT: Two items of note, one is that the board has decided to go semi-professional (yay!). The other is that we got promoted to Kent County Premier Division instead of Sussex County League Division 2 (uh.. wtf?). Same level as Sussex D2 but, whatever.

Congrats 18Rabbit, the League you got promoted into is a bit weird but the update files has anomalies like that. Good to go semi-pro too, although finances will suffer. I used to organize away pre-season friendlies against Foreign clubs to make some money to balance the books. 7 or 8 of these can net you over 100k as I recall.

Hi all :D my 1st season in league 2 didnt go to well lol no money and no players wanted to come to me :( finished 19th lol but i did win the JPT, second crack at league 2 seen me get a budget of 50k only spend half of that but got 2 great loan singings for 3 months each that helped Transfers and found this gem while scouting france start player finished 5 and went up through the playoffs and won the JPT again ! pitch was relayed this year and im getting a new stadium and youth academy :D i have extended this challenge for myself and that is to get all welsh teams in the prem with good 1st 2nd an youth teams , full training an youth facilities then try to get manager of wales and win a cup with all the youth coming through lol going to take a few years but i guess its something to do :D

Archived