[FM11] Messi? Nah...

SnakeXe

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Snake,

Just read through all seven pages of this now and I have to say it's been a terrific read. I always think the best stories make you want to load up FM as soon as you start reading and that's what this does!

Can I ask where abouts you live in Bath? I'm a student in Bath :)

Congratulations on your success!

Lurking / Jack.

Glad you've enjoyed it Jack! Are you at University of or Bath Spa? I live in Oldfield Park, just up the road from the Green Park Tavern.

Well done on a much better season :)

Cheers man! I honestly think the team was playing the best football for the longest periods of any season on this career - even better than the clean-sweep season.

Well done again.

Can you make things a little more interesting and not win anything for one season? ;)

Cheers Nobby, I'll try! ;)

Actually with AC Milan's tycoon takeover it could definitely make things challenging again domestically. That, combined with Gonzalez, Vega and Mikhailov all being around the same age - and therefore requiring replacement within close proximity of each other - could shift the balance in the next season or two.

And if that fails to materialise, once my academy starts producing some reasonable players (which it should do soon - everything is finally up to scratch), I'll try and go down the home-grown route, which will definitely mean I don't win stuff!

Well done on another great season, really dominant in the league this year :thup:

Cheers man! Yeah I can count on one hand the number of games we didn't actually play well in, and we still won some of those!

Superb stuff Snake. I like Tim Taylor. He has a solid Western name and looks the kind of right back no-one would get past. Maybe an American Gary Neville if that's not too offensive :D

I really like the Neviller for some reason - maybe it's because he's like a 12-year-old Man Utd fan inside a man's body - he's just quite amusing. And Tim Taylor is indeed somewhat like the mustachioed one in his prime - athletic, wonderfully consistent defender, and reasonable going forward.

Glad you've enjoyed it Jack! Are you at University of or Bath Spa? I live in Oldfield Park, just up the road from the Green Park Tavern.

University of Bath, a first year so at the moment I'm living on campus, but I'm in Oldfield Park next year, towards the top of Coronation Avenue, off one of the side roads up there. (Got a couple more questions but I'll PM :p)

Back to FM, any plans to leave Messina or are you staying and then retiring?

Back to FM, any plans to leave Messina or are you staying and then retiring?
I think he plans to grow old with Messina :p

Yeah I'll be staying at Messina until FM12! I did try a journeyman save for a bit, got 5 seasons in but to be honest I really didn't enjoy it.

The Squad: 2038

Goalkeepers

Daniel Martin - GK - Argentina - Played a solitary game last season - unless we get an easy draw in the Coppa Italia he probably won't manage that much this time. Truly sad to see.

Ricardo Rocha - GK - Portugal - Lost his place to Juan Carlos at the end of last season, but that was probably down to fatigue more than anything. He's solid enough.

Alessandro Gasperini - GK - Italy - After 18 months keeping Pro Vercelli in Serie A, he decided he'd had enough of that lark, so is back as second choice. I'll give him plenty of game time as he could be first choice with just a little improvement.

Defenders

Jesus - D/WB/MR - Spain - Probably my best backup rightback since Loureiro and Aramaio were at the club together.

Tim Taylor - D/WBR - USA - Fantastic wingback, almost the perfect player for my system.

Jose Maria - D/WBL - Spain - I'm still blown away by how good this guy is after how lame he looked when he first made his debut.

Carlos Quinonez - DL - Spain - Although he has the odd bad game, he's plenty good enough for the role I usually need him for - auxiliary winger. I do worry if he has to do much defending though!

Nauzet Martinez Gonzalez - DC - Spain - Back to his best last season alongside Wansi.

Raul - DRC - Spain - I'm really quite concerned for Raul. 9 months out with a damaged cruciate has been followed by 3 months out with a damaged achilles. His physical stats have dropped badly. I really hope he can recover to what he was, but I can see it taking some time.

Gregoire Gauthier - DC - France - Still more injury problems over the last 12 months are a concern. When he plays we look a little vulnerable to the ball in behind, but with Wansi or a fit Raul next to him it's not such a problem. A real threat from set-pieces.

Daniel Wansi - DLC - France - The youngster came back from Pro Vercelli a man, and became almost undroppable for us within weeks.

Midfielders

Walter Gonzalez - AMLC - Argentina - At 30 we're probably seeing the last season or two of Gonzalez at his best. Hopefully injury won't rob us of too much of that.

Julian Juarez - AML - Spain - He'll be important bridging the gap between Gonzalez and his successor. A safe pair of hands.

Raimondo Astolfi - AMLC - Italy - Promising left-sided midfielder from Roma. I'm going to keep him and tutor him for the first part of the season, then send him out on loan in January. Will he replace Gonzalez? Doesn't look likely now, but the coaches say he's got something.

Carlos Roldan - AMRLC - Argentina - Suffers for his versatility somewhat in that if I'm missing a left-winger he ends up on the bench to cover both sides, but probably my first choice on the right most of the time now.

Bartul Misic - DM/MC - Croatia - Much better season from the captain last time - Soula's presence helped.

Mohammed Benali - DM/MC - Spain - Finally, a relatively injury free season allowed the young defensive midfielder to develop a little. This one will be the make-or-break I feel. Will he be the player he should have been, or just a very expensive backup?

Gian Maria Lelj - D/DM/MC - Italy - A very nicely balanced young player - hopefully this season he can kick on and become that extra bit special.

Baptiste Soula - DM/MC - France - Wonderful player, and £12m has proved a bargain.

Jose Luis Vega - M/AMC - Spain - Had a great season last year, enjoying the benefits that being able to be rested bring.

Igor Mikhailov - M/AMRC - Russia - Was unplayable for the first 6 months of the season, then tailed off a bit after an injury. Much better from the Russian.

Gustavo - AMC/ST - Spain - At 17 he already looks good enough - and according to the coaches he's only half as good as he'll become. I'm not going to lie, I'm really, really excited about this guy.

Forwards

Marco Antonio - AMC/ST - Brazil - Back this his best with 35 goals in 35 starts - if he hadn't had a ropey start to the season he could well have broken the 40-goal mark.

Marquinhos Parana - AMC/ST - Brazil - Plays more in attacking midfield now, but is still an important striker for us, no more so than now Arguelles has gone.

Vitor Goncalves - ST - Portugal - His pace looks to have dropped off - hopefully that's a consequence of the broken ankle he suffered at the World Cup rather than any long-term decline. He should still have a couple of years left in him now, let's hope we can make the best of them as he's a crucial squad member.

On Loan

Emanuele Gandini - GK - Italy - Signed last January, the promising young keeper refused to go on loan to a club where he'd actually play, so I sent him to Man Utd, where he'd be second choice rather than third.

Daniele Ruggiero - DR - Italy - Another January signing, he went on loan to Pro Vercelli, who didn't use him. This time he's at Benevento, who are using him so far, but are in Serie B.

Oleg Ryzhov - M/AMC - Russia - Sent to Pro Vercelli for the season with the intention of bringing him back in January to bolster the numbers as players get tired. He's pretty good, but needs to play.

Daniel Vicente - AMR - Spain - After being barely used by Pro Vercelli last season, I brought him back in January to cover an injury crisis, and he got 5 goals and 5 assists in 13 matches - clearly the boy is special. He's gone to Pro Vercelli again - if they ignore him this time he'll be coming straight back.

Leavers

Juan Carlos - GK - Spain - With Gasperini refusing a loan move, and interest from mega-rich AC Milan in him, I decided to let him have a payday.

Da Silva - DC - Italy - Wonderful player over the last decade, but definitely done now. Although with hindsight, it might have been pertinent to give him a year's extension until we knew Raul was fit again. Has followed Kooiman (still playing for Ankaragucu, although retiring at the end of this season) to Turkey with Eskisehirspor.

Antonio Gola - DM/MC - Italy - Another great player for us, for years one of the only genuine Italians in the squad along with Vitone. He clearly enjoyed the time he spent in France earlier in his career, as he's gone back to play for Le Mans.

Fernando - DM/MC - Spain - Finally did what I've been pushing him to do and actually signed with Pro Vercelli for free.

Joaquin Arguelles - AMC/ST - Spain - Finally retired after years of spectacular goalscoring for the club - another Messina legend is finally gone.

Overall

The squad has gone from being slightly bloated to feeling actually quite thin. The good news is that if we're short of bodies, Ryzhov and Vicente can come back and slot in. The bad news is we only have 3 fit centre-halfs until January. If we're unlucky with injuries, this could be a long autumn.

With everyone fit, however, the squad is bursting with quality, with easily 2 top-half Serie A quality players in each position. With the sprinkling of flair from the likes of Roldan, Vega, Marco Antonio and Gonzalez, it's a fantastic team. We're no worse off that last season really, so I'll aim for that treble again.

Forza Messina!

Shame to see some of those guys retire...but leaves room for new blood! Nice to meet you earlier btw :)

Yeah, it's not quite the same even finding a youngster and building them up though - Vitone was with us from Serie B, Kooiman helped us stay up in the first season in Serie A, etc, and that just won't happen again (on this save anyway). Nice to meet you too - perhaps we should start a Football Manager society at the uni? Haha!

Above and beyond the call of duty! :D

Anything for you, darling ;)

Yeah, it's not quite the same even finding a youngster and building them up though - Vitone was with us from Serie B, Kooiman helped us stay up in the first season in Serie A, etc, and that just won't happen again (on this save anyway). Nice to meet you too - perhaps we should start a Football Manager society at the uni? Haha!

I do agree about having players stick with you through the leagues.

In my save which I'm writing up (it's the one about Lancaster City) I've had Christian Nanetti with me since day 1, I'm now in League 1 (promoted every year somehow!) and Nanetti is technically nowhere near the best winger in my side but he is still playing virtually every game because he continues to perform. I know that I should have dropped him to the bench or sold him by now as he isn't good enough but because he has been with us from the start I keep on picking him and I will continue to do so until he finally stops performing.

Also, I have stolen your "100 club" idea in my thread. I have credited you on there though so it isn't really theft :p

Keep up the story by the way, tis very good.

Also, I have stolen your "100 club" idea in my thread. I have credited you on there though so it isn't really theft :p

Credits should go to Terk for this great idea. He came up with it. I'm pretty sure he first posted it in Dafuge's challenge first of all and then most of us stole the idea. :D

It's a great way of tracking the important players at your club over the years in my opinion. I must confess to getting a little teary-eyed when reading through my own '100 club' containing some of the St. Albans City greats in my 20 year save. :o

I see some people seem to do total apps, goals and average ratings! How do you keep track of that though?

I just went for league apps and goals because I knew that would be really easy to work out.

I do agree about having players stick with you through the leagues.

In my save which I'm writing up (it's the one about Lancaster City) I've had Christian Nanetti with me since day 1, I'm now in League 1 (promoted every year somehow!) and Nanetti is technically nowhere near the best winger in my side but he is still playing virtually every game because he continues to perform. I know that I should have dropped him to the bench or sold him by now as he isn't good enough but because he has been with us from the start I keep on picking him and I will continue to do so until he finally stops performing.

Sounds awesome - I'll have to check it out! It's funny how it's never really the best players you remember, it's the ones who, despite overwhelming evidence from your coaches and their stats indicating they're rubbish, keep doing the business for you time and time again.

Keep up the story by the way, tis very good.

As Crouchy mentioned - it wasn't my idea originally! But thanks anyway :p

I see some people seem to do total apps, goals and average ratings! How do you keep track of that though?

I just went for league apps and goals because I knew that would be really easy to work out.

I don't do the ave rating in the most scientific way to be honest, but it gives a rough indication. Basically once they first break the 100-app barrier, I'll work out an average of the average ratings for those seasons, and put that up, eg:

3 seasons, 35 apps in the first, 38 in the second, 34 in the third, 7.08, 7.21 and 7.19 averages respectively would be:

Total ave = [(35 * 7.08) + (38 * 7.21) + (34 * 7.19)] / (35 + 38 + 34)

Then for each subsequent season I do:

Total ave = [(Previous ave * Previous number of apps) + (Ave this season * Apps this season)] / (Previous number of apps + Apps this season)

Probably the easiest way to do it would be with a spreadsheet, since through my laziness in creating a spreadsheet I've created way more work for myself!

Season 28: Winter Break Update

As always we kicked off with the Supercoppa, with Palermo our opponents. It was a tough match, but we managed to take a 2-1 win from behind, Baptiste Soula equalising in first half injury time, and Marquinhos Parana finally hitting the winner with just 3 minutes left on the clock.

The league season started with a win, away to Lazio. Then a home 3-0 win over Inter. Then an away 4-0 win over AC Milan. Then another 11 wins in a row, including a 7-0 hammering of Genoa.

Our run finally ended with a really disappointing 2-2 draw away to Gubbio - both because we were 2-0 up, and because the equaliser came from a set-piece after the allotted period of injury time had expired. Still, we were never going to hit 38/38, so it's good in a way that the inevitable slip up occurred in a non-crucial game.

We got back into the oh-so-familiar winning way with a 2-0 win at home to Juve, before another draw, this time at home against 18th placed Cagliari, who quite unashamedly and highly effectively parked the bus, leaving us with just a few rubbish long-shots. We really missed our first-choice attacking fullbacks in this game, as none of Jesus, Tim Taylor, or Jose Maria were available, leaving us with Quinonez and a recalled-from-Serie-B Ruggiero. The set-piece delivery was poor as well, with Vega perhaps unwisely rested in hindsight. Regardless, we're top, and by a big ol' distance.

The Champions League group was bound to be harder than last year's cakewalk, but I wasn't expecting it to be as tricky as it ended up - Monaco, Fenerbahce and Valencia all had the capabilities to hurt us. At least I thought so anyway. A solid opening 2-0 win over Monaco away was our worst result of the group. The next game saw an epic 7-4 humbling of Valencia in Serpente Park, followed by a 6-1 thumping of Fenerbahce in Turkey. Successive 3-0 home wins over Fener and Monaco put us through as winners, before Valencia fell apart in Nuevo Mestalla, shipping 3 second half goals in a 5-1 defeat.

Continuing with the theme of difficult-looking draws this year, the next round will face us off against Real Madrid. I can only hope it's as "difficult" as the group phase.

The Good

• P24 W22 D2 L0. 20 successive victories. Averaging over 4 goals per game in the Champions League group stage. Sometimes stats are all you need to tell a story
  • Marco Antonio has started like he finished last season - easily on course for a 40-goal haul at this rate
  • Gustavo and Gasperini have played their share of games and done very well indeed

The Bad

• Raul's still not back to how he was before the injuries
  • Walter Gonzalez has been underwhelming
  • Dropping those two draws - one from 2-0 up, the other at home against the team in 18th

Results 1 - Results 2 - League Table - Squad

Sounds awesome - I'll have to check it out! It's funny how it's never really the best players you remember, it's the ones who, despite overwhelming evidence from your coaches and their stats indicating they're rubbish, keep doing the business for you time and time again.

Yep, he was rated as 1 star by my coaches about 18 months ago and yet last season he completely outperformed a guy on the opposite wing who was rated as 4 star by all of my coaches.

Also, your way of doing the averages seems like too much effort! For mine I simply took the sum of their averages and divided it by the number of seasons they played for the club. I might start doing it more accurately like you do now that I've got the initial list done but I thought I was gonna have to be finding about 30 players when I did the list first time!

Also, why is formatting in the code box such of a pain in the ass. Why, if you line everything up when typing it out, does it all change when you submit the post!

Credits should go to Terk for this great idea. He came up with it. I'm pretty sure he first posted it in Dafuge's challenge first of all and then most of us stole the idea. :D

It's a great way of tracking the important players at your club over the years in my opinion. I must confess to getting a little teary-eyed when reading through my own '100 club' containing some of the St. Albans City greats in my 20 year save. :o

Oy, don't forget assists! If there was some nice, simple stat for defenders I would put that in too.

As for the teary-eyed moments, I'm not far enough into this save yet to have any, although given that I have half a dozen players in my side currently who came through my youth team 2/3/4 years ago and are still improving, and still playing regular first team football, I think there may be plenty of sad moments to come!

Just read this and its absolutely amazing. :thup: Incredible amount of success you've had. must surely be at the top of the hall of fame?

Cheers man! Actually I'm still 3rd in the overall Hall of Fame (although I've topped the Italy and Italian charts) - quite a way behind the the top two of Fergie and Ernst Happel still. Should overtake them by the time FM12 comes out I hope ;)

Also, your way of doing the averages seems like too much effort! For mine I simply took the sum of their averages and divided it by the number of seasons they played for the club. I might start doing it more accurately like you do now that I've got the initial list done but I thought I was gonna have to be finding about 30 players when I did the list first time!

It does take a bit of time, but when players have played drastically different numbers of games in each season it will provide a skewed average if you just do it your way. The most accurate way would be to add up each season's games multiplied by average rating then divide by total appearances every season, but that's crazy!

Also, why is formatting in the code box such of a pain in the ass. Why, if you line everything up when typing it out, does it all change when you submit the post!

I do it in a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad).

So if you do it in something like notepad and get it all lined up on there it translates into a nice, neat format once posted on here?

Yep! Putting it in code tags makes the font have an equal width for each character - the same as in Notepad. That's how you line it up in an easy and clean fashion.

So if you do it in something like notepad and get it all lined up on there it translates into a nice, neat format once posted on here?

I remember not knowing this gem. Once I did...well wow! Notepad is your friend

• 2 weeks later...

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 28 - 2038/39

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 1st, Champions

With another huge lead coming into 2039, it was another case of just-don't-blow-it. We certainly didn't look like it, starting the year with 3 successive 2-0 wins, before a 1-1 draw away at under-performing Inter ended the run.

Just 3 more draws followed in the rest of the season - all the rest were wins, including a 5-1 win over Genoa to take the title, except one. We went 37 games unbeaten. Midtable Roma were all that stood between us and an unbeaten league season.

So of course we lost 1-0. To an own goal at that. Gutting.

Coppa Italia - Quarter Final (lost v Napoli)

A 2-1 win in extra time over Pescara was far more laboured than it needed to be, and we never really got into gear in this competition - going out on penalties in the next round to Napoli.

Supercoppa - Winners

Simple 2-1 win over Palermo.

Champions League - Winners

A tricky tie against Real Madrid was our reward for storming the group stage, and we went to the Estadio Santiago Bernebeu in cautiously optimistic mood. And with good reason, as two early goals from Marco Antonio and Vega gave us a commanding position in the tie. A late consolation for Madrid was annoying, but not enough to make me worry. Madrid were a good side though, and they pushed us all the way in the home leg, a 3-2 win probably slightly flattering for us.

Another tricky task in the next round - Lyon, who had made us look a bit stupid a couple of years previously. No such problems this year - we thumped them 4-0 at home, a result which I found very satisfying. Although they got the opener back in OL Land, we came back to win that 2-1 as well.

Unsurprisingly, the semi-final draw was a big ask - Arsenal. The first leg was at home, and I hoped for another Lyon-like blitz to have the game won before going to the Emirates. The 1-0 that we got through Juarez's volley was a good result, but not the tie-decider I'd hoped for.

Last time we went to the Emirates, we got a result by hitting them with devastating counter-attacking football, so I went for that approach again. It didn't exactly work, as Arsenal had most of the ball and kept us pinned back. We only really threatened once or twice, but the same could be said of Arsenal really. They needed to score, we didn't. They didn't score, neither did we. Final time.

I know you'll all be shocked to learn it was Barcelona in the final for the 6th time in 8 finals for us. The score was currently 3-2 to us, but the last two had gone to Barca, so they had the psychological advantage. I decided to play more conservatively after last season's pro-active plan worked against us in the end. The team chosen was: Rocha; Taylor, Wansi, Gauthier, Jose Maria; Benali, Misic; Mikhailov, Vega, Roldan; Marco Antonio. A very typical line-up for us, but Rocha was only back in the team because Gasperini, who had been bang in form, suffered an injury the week before the final, and Roldan was playing his second game back after nearly 2 months out.

The little Argentinean winger justified his selection almost immediately, though, knocking in Marco Antonio's rebound to give us the lead after 11 minutes. I'm not going to beat around the bush, we absolutely slaughtered Barcelona after that. We could have been 4-0 up by half time, but the Catalans' keeper was in great form, and kept it to 1-0 until Gauthier finally secured the lead with a header from a Vega corner after 76 minutes. 2-0 was how it stayed, as we claimed our 6th Champions League triumph!

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Results 4 - Squad

Transfers - £3.8m Loss

Raimondo Astolfi was the only outlay, Juan Carlos the only income.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Bartul Misic - DM/MC - Finally back to his best, our captain had his best season in a good 3 or 4 years.

4. Jose Maria - D/WBL - Absolutely top-class player, and has been for years now.

3. Jose Luis Vega - AMC - A slightly poor return on assists for him - but that was largely because a certain Gustavo is making serious inroads to a first-team spot. Still fantastic.

2. Daniel Wansi - DLC - Kooiman's spiritual heir - absolutely fabulous defender and probably our one irreplaceable now.

1. Marco Antonio - AMC/ST - At his unplayable best for large swathes of this season - finished fairly poorly, but we'll forgive him. Will have some competition next season though... ;)

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Serie C1/B              2nd       Playoff Winners, Promoted
2015/15   Serie B                 12th      
2016/17   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Serie A                 20th      Relegated
2018/19   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2019/20   Serie A                 7th       Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Serie A                 6th       Qualified for Europa League
2021/22   Serie A                 9th
2022/23   Serie A                 5th       Qualified for Europa League
2023/24   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2024/25   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2025/26   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League
2026/27   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League
2027/28   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League
2028/29   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2029/30   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Champions League Winners
2030/31   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Champions League Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Serie A                 3rd       Champions League Winners, Coppa Italia Winners, CWC Winners
2032/33   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Champions League Winners, Coppa Italia Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, CWC Winners
2034/35   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions
2035/36   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Champions League Runners Up
2036/37   Serie A                 2nd       Champions League Winners, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2037/38   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Coppa Italia Winners, CWC Winners, Champions League R-Up
2038/39   Serie A                 1st       Serie A Champions, Champions League Winners

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rene Kooiman        DC         2019-2035               618      80    7.17
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-2035               561     123    7.11
Jose A. Loureiro    DR         2020-2037               471       3    7.20
Daniel Martin       GK         2027-Present            432       0    7.00
Jose Luis Vega      AMC        2028-Present            428      43    7.28
Jon Pagola          AMLC       2019-2034               417      78    7.20
Walter Aguero       AM/ST      2021-2032               414     146    7.06
Walter Gonzalez     AMLC       2026-Present            411      74    7.18
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-2029               380      33    6.98
Mauro Quiroga       DM/MC      2019-2031               372      17    6.96
Abel Petrillo       AML/ST     2016-2031               366     153    7.13
Igor Mikhailov      AMRC       2029-Present            363      96    7.23
Julian Juarez       AML        2029-Present            352      51    7.12
Jose Maria          DL         2028-Present            348       1    7.26
Marco Antonio       AMC/ST     2030-Present            329     200    7.34
Bartul Misic        DM/MC      2030-Present            323      38    7.19
Nauzet M. Gonzalez  DC         2029-Present            316      59    7.28
Joaquin Arguelles   AM/ST      2025-2038               298     180    7.28
Da Silva            DC         2027-2038               287      33    7.15
Antonio Gola        DM/MC      2028-2038               286      10    7.09
Nenad Arnautovic    DM/MC      2025-2035               279      28    7.00
Stefano Tulino      D/DM/MRC   2019-2030               274      17    7.12
Jose                D/WB/M/AML 2026-2035               267       6    7.07
Philipp Egger       DC         2023-2035               251      38    7.20
Javier              AMR        2025-2034               227      29    7.00
Mauro Vigorito      GK         2011-2023               217       0    6.82
Juan Jose Godoy     GK         2023-2027               207       0    6.96
Patxi Rodriguez     DM/MC      2017-2026               203      14    6.87
Marquinhos Parana   AM/ST      2032-Present            190      64    7.04
Nenad Lukic         MLC        2021-2026               188      23    6.98
Mauricio Martin     D/DM/MC    2020-2027               187       9    6.96
Nicolas Amodio      DM/MC      2012-2018               183      12    6.93
Carlos Roldan       AMRLC      2034-Present            181      42    7.25
Remi Thouvenin      DL         2021-2026               181       0    7.06
Antonio Marino      DLC        2013-2021               180       5    6.88
Sergio Real         ST         2024-2030               174      31    6.87
Agustin Lertxundi   DM/MC      2031-2037               173       6    7.05
Adem Ljajic         AMRLC      2019-2027               170      26    6.91
Mario Ortiz         DM/MC      2013-2021               169       5    6.83
Celso               DM/MC      2025-2030               169       9    6.95
Nicola Ravaglia     GK         2018-2025               164       0    6.90
Gustavo Sanchez     AMC        2031-2037               162      16    6.97
Enzo Scorza         ST         2012-2018               159      82    7.24
Nicolas             D/DM/MC    2015-2022               159       5    6.85
Rocco Signore       D/WBR      2022-2035               154       0    7.06
Mohammed Benali     DM/MC      2034-Present            152       5    7.12
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-2016               146       3    6.92
Francesc Alcalde    AMLC/ST    2014-2020               145      45    6.98
Javier Aramaio      DR         2031-2035               142       1    7.28
Luca Tedeschi       DC         2012-2018               139       8    7.09
Mogi                DRC        2017-2022               134       0    6.76
Raul                DRC        2034-Present            129      31    7.42
Diego Farias        AMRLC      2015-2019               126      19    6.90
Gonzalo Valdez      ST         2022-2026               126      34    6.87
Davide Testa        AM/ST      2011-2015               121      40    7.04
Yohann Sallaberry   AMLC       2021-2028               117      10    7.01
Ricardo Rocha       GK         2032-33, 2035-Present   105       0    7.00
Ruben               AML        2015-2019               103       7    6.86
Fausto Rossi        AML        2016-2021               102      18    6.97
Gregoire Gauthier   DC         2035-Present            101      29    7.36
Juan Carlos         GK         2028-2038               100       0    7.03

Next Season:

Well it looks like the final frontier of an unbeaten season is still slightly beyond us. With an addition or two I've already got secured for next season, I'd be confident we can really give a clean sweep another go - the only position I'm not really happy with is goalkeeper, but given the quality of the defence it doesn't seem to matter so long as we have a reasonable player there, which we have a decent supply of.

Forza Messina!

I'd have been bored after the second Champions League! Great career, just not sure how do you keep your motivation?

It's more a long-term game now, the motivation is seeing out the careers of the likes of Mikhailov, Vega, Gonzalez, and Loureiro, Kooiman and Vitone before them. I've only really started dominating again in the last couple of seasons after that 4-streak in the Champions League, so that's helped as well.

He talks to me ;) Clearly the answer to his problems :p

You just keep telling me to use 3-5-2 :p

Great job in the Champions League final :thup:

Pretty dominant display against Barcelona, giving them a taste of their own medicine!

They're not the side they are today, but it was incredibly satisfying to outplay them like that after the last two finals against them!

Cheers Nobby, I think this cycle is coming to an end though - Gonzalez, Mikhailov and Vega are all just starting to wane a little. I've got good replacements for the latter two, but not for Gonzalez really. Could be an interesting transition.

Archived