[FM11] Messi? Nah...

SnakeXe

You win everything... and you say your squad is lacking.

Please send me any cast offs to my Newcastle Town squad in my save. Thanks.

Well in 9 out of 11 positions we were top class, and in the other two (left wing and defensive midfield) we were very good - which, clearly, with the defence proving an excellent unit and the strikers banging them in for fun, was enough. With Conceicao and Baleani we're now top class in all 11.

I'll try and convince Walter Gonzalez to see out his career with you, but it might be a tough sell - I've heard the manager's a piece of work. ;)

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've obviously done a fantastic job building the team and so forth, but this is one of the weakest areas of FM I think. The AI simply can't cope with humans in the long run. Really hope FM12 will improve in this area.

If you keep winning more or less everything you compete in the next few years I think you should make a leap of some type. All youths, all Italians, all women, something. It will probably be more interesting for you, and will be a more interesting read too. At least that is my experience. I grew butt tired of my old save (Trafford) when my only goal was to get a bigger stadium, and that was still 9 years off or something like that.

Yeah I realise it's not really that interesting to just read about us waltzing to most of the available trophies every season, but my preferred route (all academy) just isn't an option so far. All Italian could be an option but it'd have to be a gradual thing as I couldn't bear to ship out the likes of Wansi to accelerate the process. With FM12 not far away I may just pootle along with this, see out Vega's career, then do something more interesting on the new game.

A great career SnakeXe and still interesting to read about. Keep it up until FM12, I say. Maybe focus on the all Italian team or just bringing through youth players?

What are your plans for FM12 anyway? I'm interested to know. Personally, I'll finally have a decent computer, so I'm planning a long-term career save with a number of leagues loaded! Can't wait! :)

Cheers crouchy! :)

I don't know really, I might do a big journeyman save, or another small-to-big career in a smaller country. Probably leaning towards the former at the moment as it'll allow me to get started somewhere I'm comfortable - England or Italy - and then move on out of my comfort zone when I fancy it.

• 1 month later...

Have you picked up your copy of FM12 yet SnakeXe?

It won't be quite the same without a SnakeXe save to read for FM12 if not! :p

I think I want to see a massive journeyman save from you, starting at the bottom and working your way up. You've got unfinished business there after the less than successful attempt last time around. :p It's up to you, though, of course. ;)

FM12 installing as we speak :D

Big journeyman save is definitely the plan - was quite tempted to start with St. Albans as an homage to your amazing career, but I'll see who comes up after a season's holiday.

Glad to hear this will you be making another career thread?

Archived