Could a more RPGish approach be possible?

Don't worry about it. Just ignore them. :)

Your idea certainly wasn't stupid. I just think you'll find some of it isn't everyone's cup of tea (mainly the idea of adding points etc.) but I think if you look at the general point, it's a good one.

As I say, I think the idea of giving your manager more of a background story is a good one and something I would like to see. :thup:

While I read this site quite a lot, I don't usually post as I get tired of the snobbish and boorish attitude coming from some people.

Thanks for being someone who speaks politely and honestly.

While I read this site quite a lot, I don't usually post as I get tired of the snobbish and boorish attitude coming from some people.

Thanks for being someone who speaks politely and honestly.

Not everything is perfect mate.

Lots of people here who are nice. :)

I do think that our user should have some coaching ability that allows our manager to help with the training, that being said how stats and such can be worked out is beyond me so I am happy with it the way it is. The only thing I could think of would be an option to select manager/head coach if we select manager the game is the same as now. If coach is selected then maybe we could pick a background attacking, defending, man management, tactics, all rounder giving our head coach the same stats as AI coaches and allowing us to help with the training of our team. Although it is probably unnecessary and I doubt many people would use it.

RPG elements and upping manager stats is a poor idea, the game is about realism and over time certain attributes will increase as our manager gets better which is the way it should be not by us choosing to level up certain areas.

Surely some managers are involved directly in the training of players.

Every team Ive every played on the manager was at practices everyday. IF they were unavailable then the assistant manager would take over but that happened quite infrequently.

Instead of "upping your attributes" then whats wrong with having the attributes increase over time depending on your decisions in game and during the off time and training time?

Not everything is perfect mate.

Lots of people here who are nice. :)

Yeah Ive agreed with and liked quite a lot of things from some posters on this site. I wanted peoples opinions and good or bad I accept whats said. I just get tired of the unneeded attitude.

Thanks for discussing your ideas with me :).

Every team Ive every played on the manager was at practices everyday. IF they were unavailable then the assistant manager would take over but that happened quite infrequently.

Instead of "upping your attributes" then whats wrong with having the attributes increase over time depending on your decisions in game and during the off time and training time?

I believe attributes should increase if our background was picked as attacking for example then maybe the starting reputation could determine how high the attacking coach attributes are at the start. If I had 15 for attacking coaching I see no reason why after lots of seasons that the attributes could increase or decrease if I do not set myself to take the attacking coaching.

Not everyone has an attitude lol.

I believe attributes should increase if our background was picked as attacking for example then maybe the starting reputation could determine how high the attacking coach attributes are at the start. If I had 15 for attacking coaching I see no reason why after lots of seasons that the attributes could increase or decrease if I do not set myself to take the attacking coaching.

Not everyone has an attitude lol.

I like your opinion on what could be done. If I had my choice of background and basic attributes, I'd choose to be a defensive midfielder with high attributes to passing, tackling and marking.

About my poor wording. Ill admit ive been here 5 years and Ive had to seriously dumb down sometimes how I use English and if my wording was completely unclear or bad that could be an explanation why. Using mostly Japanese takes away from English.

Diego Armando Maradona.

As for the OP's idea, no thanks. For all the reasons already mentioned and more that have been raised every time this is suggested.

Matthias Sindelar, Ferenc Puskas, Alfredo di Stefano, Pele, Garrincha, Michel Plaitini,Marco van Basten, Roy Keane (most famously in Turin in 1999), Leo Messi to cite some more examples. At every level in the game there have been players with uncommon abilities which put them way above their teammates and opponents.

I also do not like the idea, your reputation changes quite a lot over the course of the game which has a huge effect on how it plays out, as mentioned the SL level manager taking over Man Utd will have a hard time, yet the Former Brazil International at Cisco Roma will be approached for any top job available.

What I'd like to see though (and only in a cosmetic way) is a players coaching/management stats changing based on reputation and success. It was implemented in this way in the XBox 360 version if FM07.

Kudos for mentioning LOTRO, I play that myself.

I think there should be more stats for us as a manager, that change over time, but not in the way that you've suggested.

At least you've put your idea out there tho, which is a lot more than some people do. :)

I'd actually like to see some RPG elements but not in terms of attributes that effect the game. As FM is primarily a simulation, we shouldn't be capped in terms of doing different things. One of the things I didn't like about FML was that you had to play it to open certain tactical options. I understand why it is in but as manager, I only want to be limited by my real life (and in-game) knowledge (or lack of).

The kind of RPG element I'd like to see is a personality system. You play Mass Effect or Alpha Protocol and everything you do or say can have an effect on your personality/reputation. So if I was a Capello style disciplinarian, I'd like that to be reflected in the game by what I do and what I say. This kind of system could effect how other managers and players see you and effect what they may say about you. It may also cause players to behave better or worse depending on how they respond to different managerial styles.

I'd actually like to see some RPG elements but not in terms of attributes that effect the game. As FM is primarily a simulation, we shouldn't be capped in terms of doing different things. One of the things I didn't like about FML was that you had to play it to open certain tactical options. I understand why it is in but as manager, I only want to be limited by my real life (and in-game) knowledge (or lack of).

The kind of RPG element I'd like to see is a personality system. You play Mass Effect or Alpha Protocol and everything you do or say can have an effect on your personality/reputation. So if I was a Capello style disciplinarian, I'd like that to be reflected in the game by what I do and what I say. This kind of system could effect how other managers and players see you and effect what they may say about you. It may also cause players to behave better or worse depending on how they respond to different managerial styles.

This, I actually like. And it could give us more reason to do press-conferences. And with expanded press in FM11, could factor in nicely.

(I’m still waiting for the live press conference someone suggested, what an idea ;))

I think it would be nice if we could do some coaching. You know like give yourself one of the coaching areas in the "coaches" section. Only one though. And your coaching ability will be taken from your motivation skill, without anything else.

This is a good idea, how you behave with the media early in your career could influence the rest of your career.

Archived