Stupid Transfers?

Ryan Shawcross to Man United? He's an overrated shambles. Gary Cahill to Barcelona i saw in an old save its just not going to happen. and man city signing daft keepers like that old polish or swiss keeper they constantly buy?

Ryan Shawcross isnt a bad player on the game.

Chelsea sign majorly stupid transfers, such as Aiden McGeady for £27m

Ive had Arsenal buy Titus Bramble for 10M Ashley Young to Inter Milan 20M Ex Blackburn player Eddie Nolan the center back always signs either back to Blackburn or to another Premiership club in the 2nd season

what annoys me is when the ai manager buy players to fill a position not being used in his favored formation, its way to common to see a team playing 3-4-3 buy fullbacks and teams playing 4-3-1-2 buy wingers

pet peeve of mine that aswell :D

English players are ridiculously overrated on FM.

not just in the game .......

there are already several threads about weird transfers happening in fm10, one of which is mine :)

someone from SI (sorry forgot the name) said, if I understood him correctly, would have a deeper look on this issue .

in my save, almost all big teams bought some old, almost retired-players, and played them in first team, or even young very decent players who weren't even better then their youth players; that's the reason why I complained last time

From a research perspective, maybe, but I've found that over time the English players have struggled to keep up with the Spaniards, Brazilians etc.

Here's a list of the most valuable players in my game (in 2067), with just one English player on there.

i don't think he was talking about regens though. I agree with the real english players being overrated on fm.

Stupid transfers ultimately boil down to Reputation playing too much of a role in the AI transfers policy.

Original db players are usually better and more well-rounded than newgens, so it's not surprising the AI will rather sign a 33yo original with stellar reputation (and decreasing attributes) than a 19yo newgen with the same PA but with lower reputation and probably a dreadfull attributes distribution.

AI can't really "think" long term, so the player you see as a diamond in the rough, AI just sees him as "worse than 36yo Ashley Cole"

Even ignoring the well-known newgen issue, I think Reputation and CA/PA should get less priority in the transfer policies, at least once a player has peaked... It's WAY TOO EASY cashing in on a bunch of 32yo stars on their way to Sunset Boulevard...

P.S. just for the record...

Inter Milan bought Gareth Bale for 20M and Ashley Young for 25M, and Modric for 35M...

my cardiff city save, man united have lost rooney for a free and berbatov and owen have both gone to spurs, and my Jay Bothroyd have 2 good seasons, scoring around 43 over the two. manchester united have spent £6m on getting him off me, and i have just sold ross McCormack to F.C Porto for £6m after he rejected a contract offer from Bayern munich

Bramble for England :cool:

Personally, I think the majority of these transfers are rather stupid. Except perhaps Shawcross to Manchester United - we didn't want to lose him, and he's demonstrated why with good performances for Stoke.

Archived