Anyone else having problems getting an International job?

Meh screw international jobs... the expectations are just unrealistic on the teams.

Took control of Brazil after they had begged me for 10 years.

Won the Copa America without conceding or dropping a point. Won the Confederations Cup under the same circumstances. 1 Draw with Uruguay(0-0) in World Cup Qualifying, already qualified, and I get fired as the team is underachieving. In 3 years the team had 1 draw and conceded exactly 2 goals. I was shocked by the pure ridiculousness of it all. May be worth adding that Uruguay in my save are comfortably the 2nd best team in South America and prior to me taking over Brazil they were it's highest ranked. I'd taken Brazil from down in the teens to 1 and sat there the entire time after I got there.

As an unemployed sunday-footballer I got offered the Cook Island job, but decided on Worcester City instead. Of course some people might not consider Cook Island and international job!

I did exactly the same and am cook island manager, its so hard to keep up with who's played previously so im giving like the whole of the national pool their international debuts :L

I've been following this thread and would like to share my experience - whether it is relevant or not I'll let you be the judge.

I'm Chelsea manager - world-class and successful with them. Dutch job came up and I took it. Played about 5 Euro Qualifiers and have 75% knowledge and can speak the lingo. Brazil job came up. I applied (while still managing Holland) and got the job.

A month or so into the job both Scotland and England jobs came up. I applied for both and got knocked back for both in favour of Gordon Strachan and Stuart Pearce respectively. Strange, since I am better than them both. I am Scottish so I maybe understamd why I didn;t get the England job I would have thought I would have got the Scotland gig.

I put it down to the fact that I am probably too good fot them, and perhaps they think I wouldn;t commit to them long-term (I would have!).

Continued managing Brazil and a few U21 jobs came up Out of curiosity I applied for them and keep getting dedclined. Spain, Nigeria, England, and a few others.

My plan is to resign from Brzal after the World Cup which is in a few weeks and try and get either the Argentina job, or another major European nation.

So is this a possiblity - that the reputation is too high for certain countries and they won't hire as it may not be good for them long term.

P.S. I think it is silly there are no wages or contract terms for international managers.

For the record, I just got the Paraguay job, but I did get turned down for the England job a few weeks before.

I'm in my fifth season and have won everything with Leeds, apart from the champions league. My management status is world class.

I haven't read the entire thread but I hope this helps.

V10.3

I've been following this thread and would like to share my experience - whether it is relevant or not I'll let you be the judge.

I'm Chelsea manager - world-class and successful with them. Dutch job came up and I took it. Played about 5 Euro Qualifiers and have 75% knowledge and can speak the lingo. Brazil job came up. I applied (while still managing Holland) and got the job.

A month or so into the job both Scotland and England jobs came up. I applied for both and got knocked back for both in favour of Gordon Strachan and Stuart Pearce respectively. Strange, since I am better than them both. I am Scottish so I maybe understamd why I didn;t get the England job I would have thought I would have got the Scotland gig.

I put it down to the fact that I am probably too good fot them, and perhaps they think I wouldn;t commit to them long-term (I would have!).

Continued managing Brazil and a few U21 jobs came up Out of curiosity I applied for them and keep getting dedclined. Spain, Nigeria, England, and a few others.

My plan is to resign from Brzal after the World Cup which is in a few weeks and try and get either the Argentina job, or another major European nation.

Interesting. Was this save started on the current patch or not?

I take it that you were Chelsea manager throughout this? What were your achievements prior to getting these jobs? How long had you been in charge etc.?

So is this a possiblity - that the reputation is too high for certain countries and they won't hire as it may not be good for them long term.

P.S. I think it is silly there are no wages or contract terms for international managers.

Yes, it is a possibility, I suppose. But it wouldn't explain my issue.

I was England manager for eight years. Runners-up at WC2010 and Euro 2012. Quarter-finalists at WC2014 and, finally, winners at Euro2016. My manager is continental.

I was sacked off after a hapless Confederations Cup campaign in 2017. Since then I have been unemployed and I have applied for any job going and got rejected from them all. Finally, as an experiment, I decided to join a club side to see if it made any difference. I ran a test after a World Cup and compared the results:

My unemployed manager - rejected by Uruguay, Cameroon, Belgium, Argentina and Germany.

Exactly the same manager but this time employed by a club side - accepted by Uruguay, Cameroon and Belgium - rejected by Argentina and Germany.

It's the only thing that makes any difference. I've tried loads of experiments to see if I could come up with a solution. The only thing I can find that works for my manager is that when I am employed by a club side, I can get some international jobs, but if I'm unemployed I get rejected every time.

Frustrating as I am trying to play an International 'journeyman' save. :mad::(

Thanks for posting by the way. Anyone who can shed any light at all on this will become my personal hero. :D

For the record, I just got the Paraguay job, but I did get turned down for the England job a few weeks before.

I'm in my fifth season and have won everything with Leeds, apart from the champions league. My management status is world class.

I haven't read the entire thread but I hope this helps.

V10.3

I take it you got the job while you were managing Leeds at the same time?

What's your nationality? Are you English because if you are World Class, you really ought to be getting that England job! Who got the England job ahead of you and what was their rep?

Interesting. Was this save started on the current patch or not?

I take it that you were Chelsea manager throughout this? What were your achievements prior to getting these jobs? How long had you been in charge etc.?

Yes, it is a possibility, I suppose. But it wouldn't explain my issue.

I was England manager for eight years. Runners-up at WC2010 and Euro 2012. Quarter-finalists at WC2014 and, finally, winners at Euro2016. My manager is continental.

I was sacked off after a hapless Confederations Cup campaign in 2017. Since then I have been unemployed and I have applied for any job going and got rejected from them all. Finally, as an experiment, I decided to join a club side to see if it made any difference. I ran a test after a World Cup and compared the results:

My unemployed manager - rejected by Uruguay, Cameroon, Belgium, Argentina and Germany.

Exactly the same manager but this time employed by a club side - accepted by Uruguay, Cameroon and Belgium - rejected by Argentina and Germany.

It's the only thing that makes any difference. I've tried loads of experiments to see if I could come up with a solution. The only thing I can find that works for my manager is that when I am employed by a club side, I can get some international jobs, but if I'm unemployed I get rejected every time.

Frustrating as I am trying to play an International 'journeyman' save. :mad::(

Thanks for posting by the way. Anyone who can shed any light at all on this will become my personal hero. :D

Yes my game was started on 10.3

Yes I started out as CHeslea manager - experience was international footballer and I went to them straight away - I didn't start unemployed.

I can't recall exactly my acheivements but I had certainly won the league a couple of times - maybe the Champiosn League as well. Not let me think......my game is at 2018. Been with Brazil for 2 full seasons, Holland for around 1 season - so it would have been about 2015 - 6 years in charge at Chelsea, so I had certainly won the Champions League (2013) and Premier Leage a couple of times.

I take it you got the job while you were managing Leeds at the same time?

What's your nationality? Are you English because if you are World Class, you really ought to be getting that England job! Who got the England job ahead of you and what was their rep?

I was at Leeds when I applied for both jobs (not at the same time), English nationality and Stuart Pearce got it ahead of me. I'm not sure about his rep but it cant be that high as he was just an assistant for a long time and before that didn't he struggle at man city? I'll check later.

Off topic - I was a bit annoyed about not getting the job as I was desperate to get to the world cup, with England, for obvious reasons.

Haven't really followed this thread too closely because I haven't had any experience with this. However, I've just finished my season in charge of Genoa and won the Serie A title after 4 years. The England job has just become available and thinking I could do a better job than Capello, I immediately went for it. A couple of days later, I'm told I've been unsuccessful.

The year is 2038, I'm English and World Class. What makes this odd and pretty frustrating is that they've given the job to a regen called Bob Nixon. Nixon is 35 and has just finished his playing career. He hasn't had any experience managing or even coaching.

Nixon is regional. I'm also still at my club, I was thinking of reloading and quitting but it seems that wouldn't do much for me anyway :(

I'll read up on that thread tomorrow and upload a save if needed. I have a save before so I'll make sure to keep it.

Added to your thread Crouchy.

I'll post in here that I got offered the England job when I quit my job at Genoa. I really wanted to do both as I could easily do in previous games so it's still not ideal for me. I also think that if my contract at Genoa is a problem, England should still approach me if they feel I'm right for the job.

Indeed. It seems the FA are happy for me to get another job once I've accepted the position though. No plans on carrying on but I'm now England and Sheff Wed manager. I want my Genoa job! :mad:

I've just finished my World Cup with Brazil (won it) and resigned once the usual international managers had been fired or also resigned. Jobs availabke were Argentina, Italy, Portugal, Czech Republic, Ivory Coast and Turkey. I applied for Argentina, Italy and Ivory Coast. A week later I was offered all of them - even the ones I didn't apply for!

Although I though I would have went with Argentina, I decided to go with Italy as they seem to have a fantastic amount of talent at their disposal. Also they have a fairly easy Euro Qualifying Group so I won;t have to work too hard!

Still Chelsea manager.

I can't help but feel that this has something to do with the club you are managing and perhaps an effect that it has on the manager reputation.

For instance, my manager, with no club, gets rejected.

Neji with Genoa, rejected, but with no club, is accepted.

You with Chelsea, accepted for everything. :D (By the way, did you apply while you still had the Brazil job or did you quit Brazil and then apply?)

I tested this by managing clubs of different levels. Generally, as a top club, I got offered jobs. Sometimes, as a smaller club, I didn't get offered anything.

Very strange. :confused:

I can't help but feel that this has something to do with the club you are managing and perhaps an effect that it has on the manager reputation.

For instance, my manager, with no club, gets rejected.

Neji with Genoa, rejected, but with no club, is accepted.

You with Chelsea, accepted for everything. :D (By the way, did you apply while you still had the Brazil job or did you quit Brazil and then apply?)

I tested this by managing clubs of different levels. Generally, as a top club, I got offered jobs. Sometimes, as a smaller club, I didn't get offered anything.

Very strange. :confused:

I applied for these jobs after I resigned since I seemed to get rejected for jobs while still in charge of the national team.

Archived