The Official USA Thread

spartans5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be the only one, but I think we can play without Altidore. Preferably go 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 with one of Gomez, Buddle, or Findley pushing the line, Dempsey in the hole and Donovan, Torres, Bradley, Holden/Beasley in the midfield. I actually think that might be a more effective formation against England, with the midfield width maximizing midfield cover on our flanks.

Ferdinand missing is a boon for us, means England will be looking at either an internationally inexperienced CB (Dawson) or Mr. Glass (King). Either way, whoever fills his shoes will be in unfamiliar territory partnering with Terry.

Listed as a flat 442. Clark partnering Bradley and Buddle, Findley up top.

Really hope we aren't subjected to that hokey Afrikaans-accented voice-over at the beginning of every broadcast. You know the guy on the Animal Planet who wrangles all the snakes in the serengeti? It's like they hired him.

And it looks like SA is a blowhorn/noisemaker fan culture.

I guess I just can't help but have everything **** me off at 5:30.

They are selling the vuvuzelas like mad. Nothing to be done. In addition to making money, someone thinks the noise is actually a good thing.

I think that's a goal. Dempsey is not offside and it doesn't look like Findley interferes with play. In any event, I didn't love the miss, but liked the swarm that followed.

Basically still undecided with Findley. Looks to be making things happen, but his mistakes are amateurish.

Bornstein on. :(

Agreed. I like his pace a lot, but Buddle isn't exactly slow and it much more experienced. Would much prefer Jozy and Edson starting with Findley as a change of pace.

Should have ended it earlier, but still a nice way to finish up the friendlies. Agreed about the Aussies. Some idiotic tackles there. Glad they are not in our group, but, sadly, the Algerians are. Don't expect a soft game from them.

Still think Torres should be starting. Whether it is fitness or lack of matches, I don't see Clark making a big impact.

I don't know why you lot ask Lalas stuff judging from stuff I have read from him, no doubt as a 'celeb' player from back in the day he'll get asked loads. It's ok, Rooney can wind himself up anyway and he'll probably wait until the knockout stages

Archived