Football Manager Handheld 2010 for iPod Touch/iPhone Announced

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marc and everyone at SI, just to say a big thank you and congratulations on a game that is very well done. It's totally exceeded my expectations and blows all other competitors in footie management sims on the iPhone market away.

What I'd like to see in the future:

1) Battery and time display at the top will be most welcomed!

2) Any chance of a formation creator? I'd rather have this than individual orders.

3) I've asked this before somewhere, but any chance of Italian club co-ownership deals being modelled in the game, as opposed as them being labelled as "loan" deals?

4) Any chance of a data editor?

5) I know it might be too much to ask - but can we have more variety of text commentary?

Thanks!

I have a few wishes for a future update or maybe the next FM handheld game:

- Stadium name and capacity in the info menu.

- An opportunity to expand/improve your stadium as in the CM 97/98 game. This could be an opportunity for the teams with small stadiums.

- Attendance info in the matches. One reason that I miss this is because I love to play with teams from lower leagus, and when I play against top teams in the leagues or in Cup-tournaments, it would be nice to see how the "big matches" affects the attendance, and in the last end the finances

- A message that tells you how much money you have earned after each EURO-Cup round.

- Also a message that tells you how much money you have earned due to your final league position.

- Opportunity to select the Database size. I'm playing in the German leagus and there is "only"3300 players in the Database. I would like the opportunity to select if the database size should be Small, Medium, Big, Full etc. It's irritating that you can't buy standard players from the other leagues. For example, if you selected the German league, you can't buy many player from Australia.

- Club transfer history. Which players was sold/buyed season by season. If not for all clubs, then just for the club you manage.

- Attribute search

- When you view your Squad, it would be nice to be able to sort by "Contract expires".

- View Managers like players so you can see the other managers attributes etc.

Thats the improvements I wish could be made in a future update or maybe the next FM handheld game.

Simulation engine does weird things now and than...

The Dutch amateurs "Treffers" not only reached the semi final of the Dutch cup... they simply trashed top side PSV 5-1.

img0101.png

Besides, playing against foreign teams in the Euro Cup is very easy since 90% of all foreign teams have fake players.

Besides, playing against foreign teams in the Euro Cup is very easy since 90% of all foreign teams have fake players.

I noticed that my greyed out reserve team players at Leyton Orient appear to have better attributes than my first team!

I save my game just before a match and also just after a match.

Though I have to say crashes don't occur that frequently. Have had 3 in game crashes, and also with clicking on 'greyed out' players in my squad. I've got an iPhone 3GS so I guess the hardware is as good as there can be!

Anyone else having problems scoring goals. I started with Spurs and lost my first 5 matches and scored 2 goals. I ended up getting sacked after 20 games. I was 18th in the league and had scored 12 goals in 20 games. I had Adriano, Defoe and Pav upfront as well. I'm playing with a 4-3-3, closing down, counter attacking turned on, passing is short.

I then started a game with manu and came 4th and only scored 36 goals in 38 league games! With Rooney, Adriano and Berbatov up front!

Very frustrating, some what taking the fun away from the game.

I appreciate this might not be the place to ask this. Is there officially a FM10 iPhone/iTouch tactics etc forum?

Quick question, possibly really stupid but I've been trying to work it out for a while with no joy.

In the transfer status of a player you have 'Demote', I was guessing this puts them in the reserves (You can't see them in your squad) and they have disappeared. If this what the feature is for? And if so, how do I get them back!? I can't seem to find demoted players anywhere!

Please help :D

• SI Staff

I think that the game isn't present in the Russian app store for licencing reasons (same reason which it isn't present in the German store).

I'll try to get more information regarding this for people though if possible.

• SI Staff
Can't find the Game in itunes here in Germany. Will it be made available for the German Market?

I'm afraid it can't be released in Germany because of licencing and legal issues, sorry.

• SI Staff
Managed to win the league and the fa cup, then my mate called and the game closed with no auto save or anything. Very annoying. Went back to the qtr finals and to game 26 of the PL season.

Sorry to hear that happened, could you possibly PM me with more information about your setup and suchlike please and I'll investigate this asap.

I bought this game last week and honestly feel quite underwhelmed by it.

Sure - it's a great feat to transfer such a detailed game on to an iPhone, but it feels as though SI Games were too keen to release it before taking the time to create a truly special game. There are too issues with the game to make it feel like something I look forward to playing rather than it being a chore.

The match engine is just awful. The 'player dots' have a mind of their own and they are NO representation of what is actually happening on the pitch. The text commentary is not that much better, with zero variety or continuity.

The longest I have managed to progress in to a season is five games before the game ultimately crashes. I'm sick of it.

Is anyone else as disappointed as I am? I wasn't expecting the world for A$15 and the technical limitations of the iPhone, but I was certainly expecting a hell of a lot more from SI Games than what seems like a pretty half baked effort.

• SI Staff
The longest I have managed to progress in to a season is five games before the game ultimately crashes. I'm sick of it.

If you're having problems with game stability then please fully reboot your phone and you should find that this improves things a LOT (also does the game warn you about low memory - when it detects it the game should display a page indicating that its running out of memory and requesting that you save and reboot, I now realise most people ignore this page and just click it away ... but it does try and warn people).

If you have done this then please PM me (or email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'll do my best to assist you further.

So, on a scale of of complexity from CM2, CM3, CM4 and FM, where do people think this game rates?

I've bought each version of the PC games going back almost fifteen years, but I really feel that the game has become too complex for me to make much headway with, especially the emphasis on tweaking your tactics.

A simpler pick-up-and-play version definitely appeals - at least until someone can get CM2 working on Vista :-D

• SI Staff

Football Manager Handheld - iPhone is around the complexity of CM01/02 (which was the final evolution of CM3); its actually partially based upon this engine incidentally with FMH having originated its match engine using a port from that version of the game and evolving it forward over time.

I am seriously considering getting the app for my ipod touch, although i wanted to clear up some things.

1. Can you view your players stats (e.g: Strength 12, Agility 15, and so on) as i have looked at various reviews and none have mentioned it?!

2. Are there Reserve and Youth teams? (i like to watch young players gain in skill and make their way into the first team)

3. If there are no reserve or youth teams, will the players be added to the first team or not there? (e.g/ antonio from reading, on loan at charlton and is a reserve player, will he be there?)

Andy :D

Thanks a lot Dec, that answers one of my questions nicely :)

I presume that is done by just clicking or "touching" the player.

Anyone knows the answer to questions 2 and 3 of my previous post i would be very grateful! :D

Andy

To clarify my remaining questions and new ones:

1. Are there Reserve and Youth teams? (i like to watch young players gain in skill and make their way into the first team)

2. If there are no reserve or youth teams, will the players be added to the first team or not there? (e.g/ antonio from reading, on loan at charlton and is a reserve player, will he be there?)

3. Can you send and recieve players on loan?

• SI Staff
To clarify my remaining questions and new ones:

1. Are there Reserve and Youth teams? (i like to watch young players gain in skill and make their way into the first team)

2. If there are no reserve or youth teams, will the players be added to the first team or not there? (e.g/ antonio from reading, on loan at charlton and is a reserve player, will he be there?)

You have a reserve team but they don't actively play in a league - its purpose is purely to allow you to keep things 'neat' by storing 'future players' (or has beens) away from the main squad so as to not clutter things up really.

(in a future version it might evolve into 'more' but thats all its really there for at present)

Each of the real-life teams start with as expansive a squad as the game can manage - please bear in mind that there are only 36 slots available for each teams players so some players will have the youngest youth players absent from the game.

The game does generate new young players as time goes on as you'd expect.

3. Can you send and recieve players on loan?

Yes you can.

• SI Staff
Just a thought, since it has such a large screen couldn't you just putnthe whole pc version into an iPad app??

The iPad isn't a full powered PC, its somewhat faster than a 3gs but unfortunately its unlikely it could handle the full PC game I'm afraid.

• SI Staff
I would like to know will the game come for sony ericsson Xperia 10i (android)

or does it work already?

I'm afraid there are no concrete plans in place to port the game to other phones at present, if this changes in the future we'll indicate here obviously.

thank you marc for deleting that fools post previously.

I just signed up to this forum to say how much i enjoy this game.

i have never played a manager game before this but iam a long time fifa fan so i seen it in the app store and thought why not...

completely addicted, i found myself the other night in bed with my girlfriend and while she was sleeping i played football manager on the iphone until i couldnt keep my eyes open.

amazing game. keep up the good work!

The iPad isn't a full powered PC, its somewhat faster than a 3gs but unfortunately its unlikely it could handle the full PC game I'm afraid.

R u sure? Honestly I think u guys shud head down to ur nearest testing center and get working! I'd spend £30 on that app if it was good!

If you're having problems with game stability then please fully reboot your phone and you should find that this improves things a LOT (also does the game warn you about low memory - when it detects it the game should display a page indicating that its running out of memory and requesting that you save and reboot, I now realise most people ignore this page and just click it away ... but it does try and warn people).

If you have done this then please PM me (or email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Thanks for the feedback. I started a new game last night and have managed to make it to mid September without a crash (although I have been saving after every match as a precaution).

Archived