Football Manager Handheld 2010 for iPod Touch/iPhone Announced

I suspect with the introduction of this new game we're going to get a lot more interest in the handheld forum.. One issue I can forsee (From a modding point of view) is users not mentioning which version of the game they're on. Any chance of a sub-forum for iPhone just so its more obvious for all Marc? :)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Is there anyway in a future update you could include the real time off the iPhone? I'm sure theres alot of other people like me who use their phone for the time, I haven't had a watch since phones started displaying the time. This morning for example I was playing it before setting off for work and lost track of time and was late :D

Fair point, although I'm not sure I can think of a 'constant point' on the UI to place it at - would a screen tucked away somewhere be acceptable?

Reserve squad - go to the club info page and you'll find a link to the reserve team there.

This seems to be something that everyone cannot find currently. Is it possible to add it to the 'action' option within squad? As it would make a lot more sense being able to access the reserves from the squad page.

• SI Staff
My new iPhone arrived yesterday, so it couldn't have been timed any better. I dedicate this purchase to the time Marc Vaughan's keeper scored against me in FML from inside his own penalty box :D

Was intentional I'm sure .... did I mention we practice that in training ;)

I've not seen my earlier query answered yet though - is there any editing capability?

I'm afraid there is no editing capability within the game at present (the iPhone/iTouch are locked devices).

• SI Staff
Just like to say, I've got CM for the iPhone too and this is in a different league.

Hope you continue to improve it though.

Data updates (even if charged) would be brilliant.

I can confirm we'll be continuing to support and evolve the game over time, one of the things I LOVE about the iPhone/iTouch is that they have the ability to recieve updates for games released upon them (allowing us to do continued dynamic support for our titles in the same manner we do for the PC one).

• SI Staff
This seems to be something that everyone cannot find currently. Is it possible to add it to the 'action' option within squad? As it would make a lot more sense being able to access the reserves from the squad page.

Good call - I'll look at placing an additional link there, that'd make sense.

• SI Staff
Is anyone else seeing a strange average of shots? I played default 442 with Man Utd against Leyton Orient and Brighton and only created 4 shots total (both games combined). Maybe it is a pre-season thing....

What approach were you using? - bear in mind playing minnows as a huge team in friendlies you can't sit back as they probably reckoned they did great against you if the game was as 'stifled' as it sounds ... then again perhaps you didn't mention all the shots were yours and went in? ... in which case well its the result that counts for you rather than the style in which you got it? ;)

Fair point, although I'm not sure I can think of a 'constant point' on the UI to place it at - would a screen tucked away somewhere be acceptable?

If its possible just having it on the Home, News and Squad screens would be great, at the top in the middle of the bar. It wouldn't have to be on every screen because I see that it would cause alot of problems doing that in certain screens

If its possible just having it on the Home, News and Squad screens would be great, at the top in the middle of the bar. It wouldn't have to be on every screen because I see that it would cause alot of problems doing that in certain screens

It could be an option in preferences that replaces the 'select option' label underneath the clubs name on the splash page. That way its in the game and in a logical place if someone wants it to be.

Chris Solly, Chris Dickson and Scott Wagstaff are missing from the Charlton squad. Any chance they can be added as with players out on loan the squad is a little small otherwise.

As Charlton I sold Yassin Moutaouakil to Hull, Premier League clubs simply shouldn't even consider him. Generally the transfers feel very different and not as believable as the full PC game.

Apart from that from a quick play it's good, also quick to play and I like most of the interface. Picking the team a bit fiddly but I'm not sure there's a better way to do that.

• SI Staff
Loving it so far, just a minor thing that isn't really anything to do with the game

Is there anyway in a future update you could include the real time off the iPhone? I'm sure theres alot of other people like me who use their phone for the time, I haven't had a watch since phones started displaying the time. This morning for example I was playing it before setting off for work and lost track of time and was late :D

You could press the power/sleep button at the top of the iPhone twice, this will then bring up the time then slide to unlock to carry on your game.

• SI Staff

With regards to any 'missing' players - please post them on the forums and we'll do a 'sweep' during the first week or two after release and ensure they're put into a later game update.

has anybody else had the problem of their game crashing as Man Utd ? I have played the first two freindlies and in both if i try to make a subsition after already making one the game crashes hopefully this is just the friendlies and not proper matches

p.s thanks for releasing this now i have something good to doss with in work :D

• SI Staff
has anybody else had the problem of their game crashing as Man Utd ? I have played the first two freindlies and in both if i try to make a subsition after already making one the game crashes hopefully this is just the friendlies and not proper matches

p.s thanks for releasing this now i have something good to doss with in work :D

Can you try rebooting your phone and see if its possibly memory related? (the only crashes I've heard of so far have occurred after the 'warning' comes up which asks you to reboot your device after saving ..... which (cough) everyone seems to be ignoring happily ;)

Hey Dermo, that's the first we've heard of that. It goes without saying that you should be able to make multiple subs during a match! I've sent you a PM requesting some more info so we can get to the bottom of your crashes (if the magic reboot doesn't sort it that is!)

Newb question, but how do I set it up to play the iPod in the background? I have 'sounds' set to ON and if I start the iPod app running, then FMH the iPod turns off during the wall of legal text splashscreen.

8Gb 3G iPhone if it matters, bought about 3 weeks ago

Newb question, but how do I set it up to play the iPod in the background? I have 'sounds' set to ON and if I start the iPod app running, then FMH the iPod turns off during the wall of legal text splashscreen.

You'll need to turn sounds off in the preferences, fire up your iPod then FMH and the music should continue to play :thup:

• SI Staff

If you turn the sound in the application OFF and then close it, start any music you want playing and then re-enter the application ... you'll find your music continues playing.

PS - Long term I want to get a pukka iTunes music interface into the game but I simply haven't had time to investigate it yet.

• SI Staff
Damn you all, I'm not back until Saturday, have my iPod but no means of syncing it! Looks superb, will be buying it right away. Can't wait.

So long as you have access to a wireless internet connection (ie. not 3g) you should be able to purchase it on the device itself and then sync it down to your computer later?

So long as you have access to a wireless internet connection (ie. not 3g) you should be able to purchase it on the device itself and then sync it down to your computer later?

Oh you absolute legend. Did not even consider that one. Will do it tonight. Especially brilliant as I have a 7 hour train journey from Sheffield to Cornwall this weekend.

How does FMH do with regards to battery life? I play some apps and in about an hour the battery is gone. (2nd Gen iPod Touch if it matters).

Hey Dermo, that's the first we've heard of that. It goes without saying that you should be able to make multiple subs during a match! I've sent you a PM requesting some more info so we can get to the bottom of your crashes (if the magic reboot doesn't sort it that is!)

hi Stu good news the magic reboot worked thanks for the quick response and the PM I responded to your PM with some details incase they can help with anything in the future

Chris Smalling, Chris Baird and David Elm are missing from Fulham. Robert Milsom and Wayne Brown are good reserve prospects too.

Played a few games now and overall it's very positive. The biggest thing missing for me is the ability to set individual player instructions. Also noticed that the 2d overhead view sometimes stutters and then freezes for a few seconds but then recovers straight back to the text commentary. On my PSP version of the game, this used to be a prelude to the game crashing(!), but luckily the same doesn't happen on the Ipod version.

Great, Great news!

I dont think Apple know how much they have needed this app, rather than the other way round!

Fantastic news. It resembles CM3 greatly - which is I think everybodys favourite Retro FM game.

One bit of feedback from me - If it was possible to have A permanent Home button, along with a permanent Messages button next to each other rather than them sharing the same space would be good? As I have to go Home to then be able to select my messages. Nothing major at all, just something to think about in a possible update

Also, the reserves are well hidden but I have seen written above that this has been noted

Another is about the substitutions with some of the player names being very short and my fingers are bigger than most of the names so its guessing games as to whether I have selected the right player or not, when the finger selects the player, the whole box should light up as if it has acknowledged your finger touching it, then I could see what I was about to drag.

Another is in the messages screen, the ability to tap straight onto the player rather than have to open the links screen

Also I havent managed to sucessfully swap players round within the team on the substitutions page. Eg swapping Giggs with Nani (switching wings) however I will have a play to find out how to do it.

Big thumbs up on the auto save when exiting the app - I bet it was a ball-ache to do, but its a crutial part to making the game work on an iPhone!

The above are only minor things, the game is amazing, leagues ahead of the Champ Manager app, £7 VERY, VERY well spent - thanks Marc, and thanks SI

Awesome! I downloaded it this morning and just dove in!

I'm not sure if I found a bug here or not, but when I go into "Scouting Setup" and select "Youth", it always resets the region I have selected. If I select "Youth" first, then select the region, "Youth" is returned to "No".

• SI Staff
I'm not sure if I found a bug here or not, but when I go into "Scouting Setup" and select "Youth", it always resets the region I have selected. If I select "Youth" first, then select the region, "Youth" is returned to "No".

Its not a bug its simply you select a region or to look for youth players - they're intentionally mutually exclusive.

• SI Staff
Is there no way to view by attributes in the player search screen? Definitely one of the main ways I search for players normally and otherwise the player search is a little bit useless from my point of view

The reason attribute searches aren't allowed is simply that they were sloooow (several seconds to update with the UI halted which is unacceptable imho) on the lower end devices.

I have recently however worked out how to determine the speed of the device you're running on so its possible I might enable them in a future update for the higher end iTouch/iPhones - do you think that would be suitable?

The reason attribute searches aren't allowed is simply that they were sloooow (several seconds to update with the UI halted which is unacceptable imho) on the lower end devices.

I have recently however worked out how to determine the speed of the device you're running on so its possible I might enable them in a future update for the higher end iTouch/iPhones - do you think that would be suitable?

Marc - that would be great.

Or you could keep it even simpler, in the preferences have an option saying "Enable attribute searches (slow)", which gives the user the option to turn them on or off, and then after each search just have a "Please wait..." dialog whilst the search processes.

TBH i would be more than happy to wait 10-30 seconds for a player search on my device.

Any chance on working in "sorting" and "displaying attributes" on the results screens?

Being a FMH player, I think the iPhone version with it's PSP depth is great value. Perhaps almost too good when compared to the PSP version!! Only things I would ask for is a larger home button and a larger email button. Also some of the buttons at the bottom of the screen are a bit narrow.

Otherwise great game and I think it's good for all mobile manager developers.

• SI Staff
From the main screen go club - info and then you'll see "second team - reserves" click on that. :)

I've noted this reported and will try and include a more intuitive location for an additional link to this as part of an update at some point.

I should elaborate more, the little dot animations are not flowing properly, for instance in a first half they will cross and shoot with the little yellow disc moving, in the second half the yellow disc stays glued to a players feet and the player seems to just run to the touchline and stay there.

• SI Staff
I should elaborate more, the little dot animations are not flowing properly, for instance in a first half they will cross and shoot with the little yellow disc moving, in the second half the yellow disc stays glued to a players feet and the player seems to just run to the touchline and stay there.

Sounds like a problem with the syncing between the display and the match itself - can you email me details of your game setup (device, OS, view mode, teams involved etc.) and and anything else you think might help and I'll see if I can replicate and ultimately fix/prevent this from occuring again in the future.

Please forgive my ignorance but I am embarassingly stuck.

I am playing as Notts County, searching 19-25 yo defenders and am only getting player search results for Great Britain. How do I access the 20K+ player pool?

Thanks!

Archived