Football Manager Handheld 2010 for iPod Touch/iPhone Announced

When I go Dunfermline Athletic in the Scottish first division, my finances are definitely broken..

"Your board will allow transfer fees up to £10" It doesn't eve say £10k ?

I can only offer £1k to any player I try and buy, I know this was not a problem on the PC version.

Please help.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
When I go Dunfermline Athletic in the Scottish first division, my finances are definitely broken..

"Your board will allow transfer fees up to £10" It doesn't eve say £10k ?

I can only offer £1k to any player I try and buy, I know this was not a problem on the PC version.

Please help.

This is a rounding issue - to be honest its ten quid and should be just saying that you don't have a budget rather than allowing you to offer a cheap CD from HMV in exchange for a player ....

(ie. its not meant to be 10k, a rounding issue is allowing you to offer 1k as the offers go up in multiples of 1k ...)

If you're low on transfer funds then best bet is to improve your finances by staying in budget and raising funds from sales.

PS - Thanks for mentioning it - I'll make sure its fixed for FMHi 2011 ..

• 4 months later...

Hi Marc,

I am having the same problems as 'enthon' in his post above.

I have FM2010 for the iphone and took Leeds to 11 Champions League victories and 17 premiership titles before being retired after 25 years. I love this game so thought i'd try a new challenge with Stevenage.

I started in the Blue Square Premier and won back to back promotions at the first time of asking to get them to League 1. All this time I wasn't able to sign a single player as no one wanted to join me, but I was okay with that knowing that eventually they would as I went up the divisions. I'm now in my second season in division 1 and my maximum wage is still £3,400. Still no one will join me as "they don't think the club can meet their demands". We are talking about players who are 15 years old, with no club or earning £50 at their current club, players who are worth £1k, some who are 40 years old, etc.. etc... How can this be? I'm offering them 64 times their current wage with the chance to move up 2 divisions and I'm getting turned down - it's just not realistic. I am literally starting at the last page every time I do a position search so it's not as if I'm going after decent or future potential players. THese are guys whose attributes are mainly red!

Like Enthon, I've tried with about 200 players and EVERY single one has turned me down at contract stage. I now don't see the point of carrying on with Stevenage as I'll end up mid table every season and eventually have no players once all mine get too old (none are coming through youth system either by the way). When I was in the Blue Square, I was able to attract some decent loan signings, but even those won't join me now.

It seems fairly ridiculous and very unrealistic and I Just wondered if this will be fixed for the 2011 version as otherwise I won't bother buying it. I have £5.75million to spend (I'm described as a rich club) yet I can't even buy someone for £1k!

Please let me know as I'm assuming this 'bug' won't be fixed for the 2010 version now that there's a 2011 out there.

Thanks

Dan

• SI Staff
It seems fairly ridiculous and very unrealistic and I Just wondered if this will be fixed for the 2011 version as otherwise I won't bother buying it. I have £5.75million to spend (I'm described as a rich club) yet I can't even buy someone for £1k!

This has already been tweaked a lot for FMHi 2011 and in that version when you transfer money between wage and transfer budget this can also increase your maximium wage allowed.

(I haven't heard it being as drastic as you mentioned on the 2010 game, apologies for that - if the game was still 'in store' I'd happily try and update it for you, unfortunately as its been taken off sale this isn't possible, sorry)

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. As well as the transferring of money between budget and wage being tweaked, are you saying then that the issue of unrealism has been resolved for the 2011 version - i.e. a player not wanting to join you despite it being obviously in his best interest, for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post? If it has then I will definitely buy the new one but not if I have the same problem (and on that note, presumably if I do buy it and have the same issues I can contact you regarding a possible update?). I have to just say that this is the only problem I have with this otherwise excellent game, and still rate it 5 stars.

Cheers Marc.

• SI Staff
We are talking about players who are 15 years old, with no club or earning £50 at their current club, players who are worth £1k, some who are 40 years old, etc.. etc... How can this be? I'm offering them 64 times their current wage with the chance to move up 2 divisions and I'm getting turned down - it's just not realistic. I am literally starting at the last page every time I do a position search so it's not as if I'm going after decent or future potential players. THese are guys whose attributes are mainly red!

You should find this side of things much improved HOWEVER do bear in mind that money isn't always the be all and end all of moves, for older players for instance they might have ties in their current community and so be relucant to leave it (if they're at a very minor club and part-timers they might have a career they don't want to leave - there are several doctors playing in the semi-pro leagues in England for instance), similarly if its a kid playing semi-pro then he might not want to move for family reasons or because he wants to go onto university irl.

(not saying that the game models it perfectly - but trying to explain that irl there are some 'odd' seeming things that occur until you know all the reasons around such decisions - in game part of a players character models interest in him leaving an area geographically, this has been tweaked somewhat for smaller clubs in FMHi 2011 but I think its still valid to exist to some extend for reasons such as those listed above ... incidentally we don't list explanations such as those in game simply because we can't accurately model them for all players)

Found a small bug. Ashley Young wanted to leave Villa and a press release was made where it said Young to leave Algeria, lol

Also, how the hell do you win football matches vs poor teams? Into my 4th season with Liverpool now, team is rediculous, Dzeko, Torres, Jovetic, A.Johnson, Lennon, Pedro, Suarez, Gomez, Lukaku, Gerrard, Banega, Rodwell, Coentrao, Drenthe, Agger, Wilson, Ferrer, Carragher, Reina, Gago, Cole, Marilungo,

The squad is brilliant and I cannot win a game for the life of me. I can beat any of the top 4 for fun, no problems, as soon as I come up against a West Ham, Blackpool, Birmingham, I lose, and whats more I dont even score. Happening way too often now to be coincidence.

• SI Staff

The 'Algeria' issue is a text mistake and has been corrected in the forthcoming update.

If you're playing against teams much smaller than then its possible that your style doesn't suit playing against teams who bunker down defensively? - are the goals against you being scored on the break by fast players or are you losing physical battles by having a skillful side who doesn't get to grips with an aggressive opposition? ... once you figure that out you can probably work out a way to counter this weakness (hold back slightly if the problem is on breaks (ie. balanced mentality), bring in some more gritty players if its losing the 'fight' etc.).

How do I work these things out? From the text commentary?

Its getting really frustrating now, I have a world class squad yet Im unable to be anything better than 5th-7th place. Ive tried all kinds of formations and aproaches tactically, all work fine for 2-3 games then the inevitable loss at home to bottom of the table. Ive beat Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at least once each this season.

• SI Staff
How do I work these things out? From the text commentary?

Yeah or from the 2d - normally you can tell somewhat from the stats as well.

For example if you're outshooting teams 10 to 1 and dominating possession then its likely they're playing defensively, similarly look at the stats for your players - if your defenders are having problems getting passes on targets and aren't tackling much then you're getting dominated physically ... don't worry if it feels a little 'daunting' at first working this sort of thing out, after a while it'll become second nature.

Its getting really frustrating now, I have a world class squad yet Im unable to be anything better than 5th-7th place. Ive tried all kinds of formations and aproaches tactically, all work fine for 2-3 games then the inevitable loss at home to bottom of the table. Ive beat Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at least once each this season.

• SI Staff
I sent a regen DC on loan to Newport and he scored 20 goals in 39 games. Wow!

Wow - sounds like someone who's either VERY useful in the air or a set-piece maestro ... alternatively check his attributes, perhaps he's been played up front for some reason for them and they've found he suits that role, if so consider retraining him as a striker?

Archived