Start my own club?

you can copy current players from other leagues. If you plan to put the created team in league 1 (oh yeah, you'll have to rebalance the teams, but we'll come back to that after we've done everything else ;)) then they can't be world class.

You could simply copy players from teams already in league 1, and then change their names?

For morale: 10-14

for reputation: 3500-4000

and thanks! :D

how do u do that then? :)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when i start a game with my club, my wage budget is 650 $ for winning the league. Other teams have budjets in 4k-6k range. I set up the team in the editor to have 5k for wages and a shirt deal for 10k still got 700 for wages? Any help?

The amount you get in your wage/transfer budgets is directly linked to your club's reputation iirc. Up your club's rep and see what happens. :)

The amount you get in your wage/transfer budgets is directly linked to your club's reputation iirc. Up your club's rep and see what happens. :)

thanks for the reply! My rep is 750 which is in the middle of the league I am in. The other teams with 750 as rep have enough wage budget but my team doesn't. I will try uping the rep just to see.

No problem. I'm the "help" on this thread. :)

Other than rep, it could be you haven't saved properly. Talk me through how you saved, and how you selected your database after clicking 'New Game'.

I save it as editor data. Then I go into the game hit new game add in the extra .dbc. Once I get through that i can pick my team when I pick the team it shows my wage budget at a little over 700

You got the pop-up box and ticked 'change'?

What's happened with your rep experiment?

Yes I got that, and I am working on loading the next game at the moment. Its exactly the same amount 775 per week the payroll for my team itself moved up but the budget stayed the same.

Just looked at the Real time editor, and clicked on a team in my league with the same rep and checked their finances.

Their team

Balance= $8877

Kit Sponsor= $41k

Wage Bud= $2020

Wage Used= $2130

My team

Balance= $29144

Kit Sponsor= $37k

Wage Bud= $771

Wage Used= $871

To copy current players, go into the 'Staff and Players' tab, and then the 'Players' sub-tab. Click 'Add', and either type in the name of the player you want, or click 'Filter' and search that way.

Sorry but is this in the game i am playing ? If so then what do you mean about players and staff tab?:)

nope :L......sorry!! :)

:D Okay, not a problem.

This thread basically talks you through creating a new club from scratch, so it's a good thing to read. :)

But for copying current players, do this.

1. Open the Editor, click 'File', and then 'Load Database...'

2. I presume you've already got the new club by clicking 'Add' in the 'Clubs' tab?

If so, continue.

3. After you've clicked 'Add', you'll be taken to another screen. In the tab list down the left hand side, you'll find the 'Staff and Players' one. Click on it.

4.The sub-tabs are now listed along the top. Click the one entitled 'Players'.

5. Now either type in the name of the player you want, or click 'Filter' and search that way.

Any other problems, just ask. :)

Sry Vic ...can I just check ... wer do I find the Editor .... is it on the disk , in the game on steam under my steam profile... or in my Windows Explorer 'Application data' under my profile (where I would open up a config)?

- ????

-Editor

-File

-Load Database

-Add

-Clubs

-Add

-Staff and Players

-Players (on sub tabs)

-Filter

If you installed using Steam the Editor can be found here.

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2010\Tools\

You don't open any config. You simply load the database (which is automatic after you've clicked 'Load', make your changes, and save under a name OTHER than config.

Vic:

Just an update on my Prem experience_ 18 games played currently in 4th place. Will post results at the end of the season.

I also have a question: when the 10.3 patch comes out will I have to restart my game with a new data base? If so, can I just load the new patch then resave the current data base or have to start again from scratch?

Nah, you just install the patch and can continue with your save game. All the bug and ME fixes will seege into your current game, although the data update (Jan transfers, stat changes) will require a new game to be started.

Glad to hear you're doing well. :)

Interesting what you guys have done.. I also took the route to make my own team. I replaced the cities of Clevedon and Wells City in Somerset, England with a fictional town called Rainwater. Thoroughly enjoying it. However, I let the computer generate everything for me, I didn't choose my own players/staff.

rainwatercityfc.jpg

:D Okay, not a problem.

This thread basically talks you through creating a new club from scratch, so it's a good thing to read. :)

But for copying current players, do this.

1. Open the Editor, click 'File', and then 'Load Database...'

2. I presume you've already got the new club by clicking 'Add' in the 'Clubs' tab?

If so, continue.

3. After you've clicked 'Add', you'll be taken to another screen. In the tab list down the left hand side, you'll find the 'Staff and Players' one. Click on it.

4.The sub-tabs are now listed along the top. Click the one entitled 'Players'.

5. Now either type in the name of the player you want, or click 'Filter' and search that way.

Any other problems, just ask. :)

Does this make a copy of the player or just move him from his previous club?

^ [strikeout]It copies him[/strikeout] It transfers him

I'm also willing to help (when available) as i've used the editor since 05

NOTE: for the reserve teams and whatnot... only use this if you want a different name (Castilla rather than Real Madrid B for example), otherwise leave it blank and the reserve team will be [team name] reserves

^ It copies him

Thanks, mate. :thup:

I'm also willing to help (when available) as i've used the editor since 05

The two main guys I was helping have finished creating their team now' date=' but you're welcome to help if someone else comes along. :)

NOTE: for the reserve teams and whatnot... only use this if you want a different name (Castilla rather than Real Madrid B for example), otherwise leave it blank and the reserve team will be [team name] reserves

Yeah, we disussed this earlier on in the thread. I think we settled on that outcome on Page 3.

Vic:

Is it possible to edit an existing team - for example Newcastle UTD - and give them different colors, rep, stadium size, change players preferred foot etc? If so, once I change in the editor is there anything else I need to do before starting a game?

Vic:

Is it possible to edit an existing team - for example Newcastle UTD - and give them different colors, rep, stadium size, change players preferred foot etc? If so, once I change in the editor is there anything else I need to do before starting a game?

Yes, you can edit everything about a club in the Editor. If you want to edit them in your current save games, you can also do that by using FMRTE.

If you change the league in which a team is in, then make sure you rebalance the leagues, but everything that needs doing can be done in the pre-game Editor. :)

• 2 months later...

How do you actually save the edit and play with it?

I was saving as I went along. I closed the editor, opened the game and there is no option for my save edit file. I went back to the editor and now I can not find my file in there either.

Lee

*edit*

The edit program seemed to have saved it to the standard databse so there was nothing specific to load.

Out of interest, if I want to play a standard game with no amendments, how do i do that?

You could start your own thread in the Editors forum. Or tell me what the problem is/what you don't understand, and I could answer your questions here. :)

I can't find the data editor anywhere. Can I download it from somewhere, or is it somewhere I've not looked yet ? I'd like to set up my own side, but I don't think I can do it without the editor. I did manage it on FM 2009 but, as I say, I can't find the editor on FM 2010.

I can't find the data editor anywhere. Can I download it from somewhere, or is it somewhere I've not looked yet ? I'd like to set up my own side, but I don't think I can do it without the editor. I did manage it on FM 2009 but, as I say, I can't find the editor on FM 2010.

Hope this helps :D

You should already have it. It should be in one of the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor\editor.exe

or

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\editor.exe

Are their any ready made logo's that i could adapt to my created club about in the forums somewhere? And if so, could someone tell me exactly how to implement it onto my club. Thanks, and a great job on this thread by the way Vic Taylor!

Archived