Start my own club?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
It's really quite simple. :) I'll talk you through it.

1. Open the Editor and load the database.

2. Click on the 'clubs' tab, and click 'new'.

A new club will be created. Then you simply have to go through each of the tabs on the left hand side, filling in all the relevent information.

:thup:

Vic..... I've opened the 'clubs' and there is no option for 'new', all I can see is 'search' or, at the bottom of screen, 'add'. I can't follow all your other instructions in this post coz I can't find the start point. How do I make my own team and then put it in to the Northeren Premier league please mate..... Thank you!

In fact everything about this game seems very disappointing, every editor I've ever used before was/is just so easy compared to the FM one. The one in CM 2010 is much better, I entered my own team in there in no more than half an hour!

In fact everything about this game seems very disappointing, every editor I've ever used before was/is just so easy compared to the FM one. The one in CM 2010 is much better, I entered my own team in there in no more than half an hour!

It is pretty straightforward. The FM one has been completely changed since FM09 due to much more functionality been added in and the introduction of editor data files rather than directly editing the db. The graphical aspect of the editor has taken a bit of a hit due to this imo but I am sure they are going to improve it.

Anyway, you just need to click the add button instead of the new button. Let me know how you get on. :thup:

Well jod, I've managed to put a team in to the game but only by overwriting one of the existing ones, also not all the data I changed has gone in to the game.... The Club appears there OK and it's generated Staff, Players and Board OK. It hasn't loaded the kits that I did in the kit design so my team is playing in something FM has decided it should play in, it also hasn't put in my up date for the change in substitutions.... I changed this from 3 of 3 to 3 of 5 but the game has stayed at using 3 of 3 for the league I'm in. The silliest thing it's done is .... When I'd finished editing the data for 'English Northern Premier, Premier Division', the editor then said I had only 21 teams but needed 22, I only overwrote one team and the number of teams in the division was not altered. I counted the teams and yes, there where still 22 teams showing... so's not to start an argument with the editor, I added yet another team to the division (which did make it up to 23 because I counted them again), after that FM let me load up the saved data with no problem... but low and behold when I went to pick the team I'd added, there were now 22 teams in the league again instead of the 23 that were showing in the editor (it just didn't load the 23rd team that the editor made me create)..... LOL... This is the third time I've reloaded FM 2010 and I never can get on with it very well, I think I'll uninstall and just go back to CM 2010, OK it might have loads of bugs but at least it's easy to find everything you need!

Thanks.... Jon T.

Archived