Start my own club?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vic:

Double checked the consistancy on all GKs and CBs and its a higher number for GK than CBs, I have all CBs added. I used the ones you set for Scorpio and adjusted them slighty.

Any chance you can work on posting the rest of my squad so I can input it tomorrow night after work?

Vic:

Double checked the consistancy on all GKs and CBs and its a higher number for GK than CBs, I have all CBs added. I used the ones you set for Scorpio and adjusted them slighty.

Any chance you can work on posting the rest of my squad so I can input it tomorrow night after work?

I'll do my best. The computer that I have FM installed on though doesn't want to co-operate with me right now. It keeps turning off by itself. Whenever I can fire up the Editor properly, I'll begin posting your player's stats.

Vic:

Dont worry about getting the data for the rest of my players. I can use Skorpio's data (spelled right!) and manipulate it to suit my style. This will save you the time and the effort.

Once I am done inputting the final players what else has to be done?

How do I then load up the game?

After that you don't need any club history so you don't need to worry about that, You should get like 1 team from the premiership and get good relations with them, 3 teams from the CCC with good relations and then maybe(optional) 2 teams from CC1, Then put -1 on the wage and tick is main club then leave everything else blank. Then go to the clubs, put the filter on and put city in then type the city where your located at(stadium) then see who else is located there, add them as (local?) Rivals... Psst if its in an unknown Area where people may not go very often then some of your players may not like it and want to go on leave(trust me had 3 players take a leave of abscense...) I'm based in Arnold which is sort of a not known Area, I still get a lot of fans but some players dont seem to be happy there.

Vic:

Dont worry about getting the data for the rest of my players. I can use Skorpio's data (spelled right!) and manipulate it to suit my style. This will save you the time and the effort.

You sure about that?

How do I then load up the game?

You save the edited database as something OTHER than config.

When you click 'New Game' a pop up box should appear. Tick the 'change' box, and continue. You'll be taken to a screen where your edited database is listed. Select it and continue.

Hope you enjoy your game, mate. :thup:

Could I ask a quick question about setting up a club?

After reading this thread I thought I'd have a bash at creating a lowly Blue Square South team and see what it's like to do the whole rags to riches thing.

It only took me about an hour to set up and most of that was deciding names! I have a VERY minimalist setup, I intend to do all my hiring in game rather than in editor. So I created the club, added a stadium (*note on that below), added a chairman and gave my club a staggering bank balance of 100 thousand pounds and thats it!!!

Started up in game and all seemed to be good except the available wage budget. It gave me a measily 90 quid a week!!! Pretty slim considering i dont have ANY players (except a few youth team regens).

What values should I put in the finances tab to get a sensible wage budget for a lowly BSS team?

(At the moment I have no sponsorship, debts, stadium fees etc. I have only my chairman's salary (part-time at 100 per week, jeez im mean) and my own wage when i joined which was 375 per week; plus a few regens on 5 per week and thats the total of my costs. I have 100,000 cash in the bank.)

* When adding a stadium, make sure the stadium you pick is in the country you indended your club to be in - otherwise your youth team regens will have the wrong nationality!! I picked an unheard of tiny stadium that happened to be in Ireland not England and - yep, all my youth team regens were Leprechauns :D

Thanks in advance for any advice.

What values should I put in the finances tab to get a sensible wage budget for a lowly BSS team?

3 or 4k should be good enough. :thup:

(At the moment I have no sponsorship' date=' debts, stadium fees etc. I have only my chairman's salary (part-time at 100 per week, jeez im mean) and my own wage when i joined which was 375 per week; plus a few regens on 5 per week and thats the total of my costs. I have 100,000 cash in the bank.)[/quote']

You should have added a sponsership, as I don't think you can get one ingame otherwise.

Vic:

Thanks for all the help>

I had a little trouble in the beginning of the new game with the kits so I had to go back into the editor and re work them. I put the date and the league with them and it finally worked. By the way _ just won the first friendly against Livingston 11-0

You sure about that?

You save the edited database as something OTHER than config.

When you click 'New Game' a pop up box should appear. Tick the 'change' box, and continue. You'll be taken to a screen where your edited database is listed. Select it and continue.

Hope you enjoy your game, mate. :thup:

Vic:

Thanks for all the help>

I had a little trouble in the beginning of the new game with the kits so I had to go back into the editor and re work them. I put the date and the league with them and it finally worked. By the way _ just won the first friendly against Livingston 11-0

Great! Hope you'll keep me updated. :)

Vic:

I sure will.

I run a full season and post the results. I am using the tactic I created that I sent to you the 3-4-3. I went a whole season unbeaten and only lost out in europe due to the away goal rule. I tied all games.

I noticed that I am predicted to win the Championship so shoudl be a good challenge. I already lost my Ass Man to Man United even though I set him up with our club as his favourite.

Thanks again.

Skorpio:

What do you amke of this from Men At Work?

SYDNEY— Australian band Men at Work copied a well-known children's campfire song for the flute melody in its 1980s hit Down Under and owes the owner years of royalties, a court ruled Thursday.

The teacher died in 1988, and publishing company Larrikin Music owns the copyright to her song about the native Australian bird. Larrikin filed the copyright lawsuit last year.

"I have come to the view that the flute riff in Down Under ... infringes on the copyright of Kookaburra because it replicates in material form a substantial part of Ms. Sinclair's 1935 work," Federal Court Justice Peter Jacobson said.

He ordered the parties back in court Feb. 25 to discuss the compensation Larrikin should receive from songwriters Colin Hay and Ron Strykert and Men at Work's record companies Sony BMG Music Entertainment and EMI Songs Australia.

Adam Simpson, Larrikin Music's lawyer, said outside court the company might seek up to 60% of the royalties Down Under earned since its release — an amount that could total millions.

The songwriters and their recording companies did not immediately comment.

Down Under and the album Business As Usual topped the Australian, American and British charts in early 1983. The song remains an unofficial anthem for Australia and was ranked fourth in a 2001 music industry survey of the best Australian songs. Men at Work won the 1983 Grammy Award for Best New Artist.

Vic:

What happens when the new patch comes out? Will we have to start from scratch and build the team again?

No. You will have the choice when clicking 'New Game' to choose the databases you use, so you can use your one. The ME and feature updates will exist on your game no matter which database you pick. The only thing that will only be in the game if you select the latest patch are the January transfers and stat updates.

Vic:

I had to reset the players nationalities as I had them all Scottish and didnt realise the there is a certain quota that need to be english. I had to re edit the data base.

I'll keep you posted though.

No problem, Scot. :)

Have you finished the 1st season yet?

hi i followed all the procedures in creating the club and i put them in Blue square premier. but my team hasnt been entered in the carling cup ( league cup default name i think) and FA cup. why is is?

EDit:

having looked at other BSP club's fixutre list, they dont seem to play the carling cup. but all of them had been entered for the fa cup 4th round qualifying.

hi i followed all the procedures in creating the club and i put them in Blue square premier. but my team hasnt been entered in the carling cup ( league cup default name i think) and FA cup. why is is?

EDit:

having looked at other BSP club's fixutre list, they dont seem to play the carling cup. but all of them had been entered for the fa cup 4th round qualifying.

None of the teams in the BS leagues are entered in the Carling Cup.

However, you should be entered in the FA Cup. Have you reached the 4th Qualifying Round yet?

Skorpio:

Not sure what you mean by "unhappy with your squad"? If you are talking morale - that is good? Lots of teams interested in my players but no one is going anywhere as I set there contracts to 2015.

hey crazyscots. Are you getting a lot of people unhappy with your squad and other teams trying to buy out your players?

Vic:

Thanks! The Prem should be interesting indeed. I am not planning to bring in any new faces at least till after the first season. So far I have beaten Spurs, Portsmouth and Everton to reach the semis of the cup where I next play Liverpool. I'll post the fixture list with scores at the end of the season.

Well done, mate! Be interested to see how your team handles the Prem next season. ;)

well i set the stadium based in Arnold :p

Heaps of my players are unhappy with the location, i kep having to bring up my reserves because they want playing time, i'm getting lots of injuries and heaps of my players want to leave because so far all of my first team(and most of my reserves) have gotten about 4 offers in, some have got about 7-8... Not even halfway through the transfer window. Hell not even a quarter of the way through.

Archived