Emulating Reality: Creating Icons In FM2010.

Good work Tubey. i have actually set up my AMC in my top teams sets as you have descibed and he is much better positioned now.

Thanks! High praise indeed; I'm a fan of your tactic set work ;)

The Advanced Forward (Fernando Torres) has been added.

Yay Thanks Alot Tubey Could you use that for Benzema/ Higuan

If you look at the stat run through in the tactics creator, any player who has 15+ in all the stats listed in my tutorial can work that position fantastically well. That goes with all the tutorials; so I won't say exactly what player can do what, I'll leave that upto you. :)

When 10.3 arrives, I am going to make 3 ( 442, 451-ish 443-ish) sets based on these individuall settings.

Awesomeness ^^

I've decided to the Deep Lying Forward rather than the Complete Forward next, as the latter are exceptionally rare; I think more people will benefit from a DLF run through.

If you look at the stat run through in the tactics creator, any player who has 15+ in all the stats listed in my tutorial can work that position fantastically well. That goes with all the tutorials; so I won't say exactly what player can do what, I'll leave that upto you. :)

Awesomeness ^^

I've decided to the Deep Lying Forward rather than the Complete Forward next, as the latter are exceptionally rare; I think more people will benefit from a DLF run through.

Agree. Personally, I rarely use the settings of a complete forward even if he is one as I prefer him to play his part, not his own game

Ibrahimovic/Berbatov (Deep Lying Forward) has now been added underneath the Advanced Forward.

P.S. - I was going to add the Trequartista CF (Totti) into this, but I actually cannot disagree with the preset sliders in the tactic creator at all! The thing with the Trequartista is that the rest of the side needs to be set up correctly; but the tactic creator settings are nigh on perfect.

C’mon, please listen to the calls for doing a ‘Fabregas’! I would be really interested to see the debate on setting up his role. Is he a deep lying playmaker with license to roam forward? Is he an dvanced playmaker who drops deep to help out the defence? Is he a ‘box to box’ MC with high creative freedom? Considering how effective he is in his position at the moment (and also considering how many find it difficult to get him playing in FM similarly to IRL), I reckon this would be a great addition to this topic.

C’mon, please listen to the calls for doing a ‘Fabregas’! I would be really interested to see the debate on setting up his role. Is he a deep lying playmaker with license to roam forward? Is he an dvanced playmaker who drops deep to help out the defence? Is he a ‘box to box’ MC with high creative freedom? Considering how effective he is in his position at the moment (and also considering how many find it difficult to get him playing in FM similarly to IRL), I reckon this would be a great addition to this topic.

It's hard to get Fabregas to play like he does in FM10 because A) He's actually very underrated in the game and B) He does things that only a super-player would be able to in the ME.

Saying that, I'll research it and get on with adding him to the guide tonight if possible.

ha ha, totally agree. i think he is at present re-defining the MC role! I mean, he was already difficult to replicate in the game when he was 'just' a deep lying playmaker bagging loads of assists. Now he has added 'goal scoring freak' to his resume, he's even harder to replicate!

can't wait to see what you come up with. Cheers!

how's that fabregas coming along Tubbey84?

At this moment in time, badly. I can get him playing "well", but not "great" - and that isn't good enough for me!!!

I've tried him in a 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 and he gets a few assists and goals, but I'm starting to feel it isn't possible to get him playing like he does in a traditional sense.

My instinct is that he should be set as a Box-to-Box Midfielder with added attacking license; that's what I'm working on now.

Fabregas is a monster for me on the game. I bought him for my Man United side (I know, 'very realistic', but I needed someone to replace Scholesy :) ) and he's already had 2 '20+ assist' season. He hasn't exactly been scoring for fun, though, a decent 6-7 goals per season is what he's got.

I give him max CF and everything else is left on mixed. He's also has the free role and HUB options ticked. He's also the playmaker. That's how I usually use him.

Fabregas is a monster for me on the game. I bought him for my Man United side (I know, 'very realistic', but I needed someone to replace Scholesy :) ) and he's already had 2 '20+ assist' season. He hasn't exactly been scoring for fun, though, a decent 6-7 goals per season is what he's got.

I give him max CF and everything else is left on mixed. He's also has the free role and HUB options ticked. He's also the playmaker. That's how I usually use him.

That's pretty much the way a playmaker would operate, but I've had difficulty getting him to surge into and around the box as much as I'd like.

However, as an all-out central midfield playmaker, they are the correct settings.

is that in a 442?

Getting 20+ assists out of him isn't difficult, but as tubey says, getting him scoring 10+ goals is and that's what i'm really looking for.

I got Fabregas to average 7.70 so far this season. 19 games played, not alot of goals and assist( Cuz i play Gourcuff in the AMC role and he gets most assist) but Fabregas starts all the attacks for me and averages 60-100 passes attempts per game.

Would be very interested in your take on Stevie Gerrard, trying to get a ST drifting about ala Torres and AMC bursting into the box like Gerrard partnership to work.

take a look at Cleon's 'creating a tactic from the beginning' thread, as this is precisely what he has done.

take a look at Cleon's 'creating a tactic from the beginning' thread, as this is precisely what he has done.

Yeah, I forgot about that :D I've implemented Cleons settings, including making it a support role, so he runs into the box from deeper, hopefully he will be more of an attacking threat now :thup:

Great job Tubey.. Trying the setting with my Valencia team.. Did the Fernando Torres one to my David Villa and he scored 2 goals already.. Tried the Cristiano Ronaldo one to Mata but he doesnt perform well.. It's been half season I used Mata as my inside forward at left wing, but he only managed to get 1 goal.. Does Mata fit the role as Inside forward?

Great job Tubey.. Trying the setting with my Valencia team.. Did the Fernando Torres one to my David Villa and he scored 2 goals already.. Tried the Cristiano Ronaldo one to Mata but he doesnt perform well.. It's been half season I used Mata as my inside forward at left wing, but he only managed to get 1 goal.. Does Mata fit the role as Inside forward?

I find that playing the inside forward with Runs from Deep set to Often while the rest is set to Mixed gives the best results. Cut inside as wing play option and Roam from position ticked. The reasoning is that we want the IF to play a pass-and-move type of play. Especially if you employ a AMC (David Silva in your case?) you will see this kind of play quite often, with the AMC picking out the run of the IF.

Btw, Mata is perfectly suited to the IF role :)

Anything you do with the AMR/AML's as of patch 10.2 is going to be less effective than it should be. Saying that, you shouldn't be copying in the settings exactly into your own game because you'll be using different tactical settings like tempo, width, mentality and tactical shape - as I state repeatedly in the above guide!

For example, the settings above are for a completely different tactical shape than that in the screenshot; I'm looking for a type of IF who supplies rather than scores.

If you want Mata to be a threat in the box, drop through balls down to mixed, run from deep down to mixed and long shots up to mixed, add more roaming so they look to get into goalscoring space and set to move into channels. Again, that's a rough guide.

denzil.smith - cheers, but if you think the tactic sucks, then you'll have alot of people agree and disagree with you. Ultimately, a tactic is a template; you'll notice that alot of people in the 4-3-3 Barcelona thread have adapted it to their teams needs, like they should. If you don't have the ability to do that, can't really help you! All I can say is that I'm winning everything I touch using the general rules from this thread regardless of what formation I use, and that's why I've posted them here. There's no "ultimate tactic" like Diablo this year, and even the truly great plug'n'play tactics like Mr. Hough's don't win games forever without certain tweaks.

• 1 month later...

Tubey: fantastic thread, I will certainly be looking to implement some of your suggestions

Any thoughts about Rooney? He's more of an all rounder than an AF yet gets into the box and converts chances more than a DLF. It seems to me that he somehow fulfills both roles, especially when playing up front on his own

Tubey: fantastic thread, I will certainly be looking to implement some of your suggestions

Any thoughts about Rooney? He's more of an all rounder than an AF yet gets into the box and converts chances more than a DLF. It seems to me that he somehow fulfills both roles, especially when playing up front on his own

At the moment, he's pretty much a Complete Forward. He does everything exceptionally well. I'd certainly use him as a Complete Forward in the TC, but I'd still ensure his supply is mostly to feet.

I wouldn't do a guide on him though for a few reasons:

1 . The Complete Forward is rare and difficult to pull off - you have to design him around your team so he's the focal point of attacks.

2 . Everyones view on Rooney is different; some prefer him further up and some prefer him deeper and dictating play (as you suggest in your post actually!). Therefore, I wouldn't want to "pigeonhole" him into a guide as people wouldn't be using the player to their own preference.

Lol @ this getting bumped after a month btw ^^

At the moment, he's pretty much a Complete Forward. He does everything exceptionally well. I'd certainly use him as a Complete Forward in the TC, but I'd still ensure his supply is mostly to feet.

I wouldn't do a guide on him though for a few reasons:

1 . The Complete Forward is rare and difficult to pull off - you have to design him around your team so he's the focal point of attacks.

2 . Everyones view on Rooney is different; some prefer him further up and some prefer him deeper and dictating play (as you suggest in your post actually!). Therefore, I wouldn't want to "pigeonhole" him into a guide as people wouldn't be using the player to their own preference.

Lol @ this getting bumped after a month btw ^^

No problem with it being bumped, one of the most helpful guides I've read on here. :thup: Came across it by chance actually from another thread

I've tried Rooney as complete forward with both support and attack settings, up front on his own, and alongside Berbatov. His sporadic good form has been a real puzzle to me as he's the only player I've not been able to set up well in my team!

I enjoyed using this as a reference for my tactic. I found the Deep laying PM just wasn't being as effective in my formation though and merely traded him for a ball winning mf with a bit of creativity and through ball allowance. With an Advanced Forward, AMC and Inside Forward it was getting crowded in the box so I shifted the AMC to a Terq. and adjusted his mentality one notch below attacking to give some space in the box.

One question I have is. FB's are copied verbatim pretty much. On the left side of my formation I am getting good results with the winger and the LB playing off each other and getting crosses in (at least 15 per match being attempted) but on the right side of the formation is where I have my inside forward and the RB just isn't overlapping as well and getting any meaningful crosses in(less than 5 per match attempted). Any ideas on how to get slightly better results from the RB? Adjust his mentality a bit higher?

Excuse me, but just notice something.Shouldnt Dzeko be Deep Lying Forward instead of Deep Lying Playmaker on the first picture? :]

Yes, yes he should ^^

Good spot - I'll put that firmly down to my anger at MS Paint making me lose focus!

I enjoyed using this as a reference for my tactic. I found the Deep laying PM just wasn't being as effective in my formation though and merely traded him for a ball winning mf with a bit of creativity and through ball allowance. With an Advanced Forward, AMC and Inside Forward it was getting crowded in the box so I shifted the AMC to a Terq. and adjusted his mentality one notch below attacking to give some space in the box.

One question I have is. FB's are copied verbatim pretty much. On the left side of my formation I am getting good results with the winger and the LB playing off each other and getting crosses in (at least 15 per match being attempted) but on the right side of the formation is where I have my inside forward and the RB just isn't overlapping as well and getting any meaningful crosses in(less than 5 per match attempted). Any ideas on how to get slightly better results from the RB? Adjust his mentality a bit higher?

It's a difficult one because it's not only the sliders that matter, it's the player and his attributes. For such differing results, I imagine the RB and the AMR just aren't suited to eachothers game with the sliders copied verbatim.

For example, on the left the ball may be being cut back for the full back by the left winger who doesn't run with the ball as often as the guy on the right does.

Without seeing the players its difficult to diagnose. How about getting the RB to cross from deep instead of the byline, because it seems the AMR adopts a different type of wingplay than your AML (I assume he cuts inside with the ball at feet a lot more than the left winger). It would offer a nice diversity in your play too. Give that a go and see what happens!

• 1 month later...

Hmm, anyone have ideas for:

Box-to-Box Midfielder

Libero

Defensive Forward

Sweeper Keeper

Anchorman (if you see him different from a Ball-winning Midfielder)

I know there's been discussion about the B2B and Defensive Forward roles now and then, but nothing conclusive or really working from what I've seen. Nothing really groundbreaking on my end either!

• 2 weeks later...

Any advice on how to set up a playmaker forward? Someone like David Villa, who is willing to drop deep and run at the defence or maybe set up his team-mates? Is it better to lower his mentality or run from deep?

Any advice on how to set up a playmaker forward? Someone like David Villa, who is willing to drop deep and run at the defence or maybe set up his team-mates? Is it better to lower his mentality or run from deep?

Above, Tubey says that the TC settings are fine.

Archived