FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

Just finished my 5th season. Won my 5th La Liga title and my 5th Champions Cup. I failed in the Spanish Cup 5th round to Sevilla. I played the last 3 months of the season with a new formation - 4-2-3-1.

Bojan finished as the topscorer with 37 goals in Spain and 11 in Europe. As soon as I switched to the new formation he exploded - at least 20 of his goals came after the change. Messi had the most assists - 17 in Spain and 24 overall.

In La Liga my record was: 38p - 33w-5d-0l 121gf-25ga - 104points. Overall I've played 60 games this season, scorred 187 goals (3.1 average) and I allowed 39 (0.7) goals. The highlight game in Spain was vs. Atletico M at home. It was soon after I'd changed to 4-2-3-1. They used the same formation. The final score was 6-4 but I was losing 2-4 with less than 30 minutes to the end. Fred scored 3 for them but Bojan replied with 4. Vela added the other two.

In the Champions Cup I won the final vs. Real M again - 4-2 final score. I went up 1-0 ( Aguero from 25 yards on Casillas icon_biggrin.gif), then went down 1-2 before half time. But once again made a comeback - Bojan and Messi with one each. And that was without making any subs. Then when I went 3-2 up I made my changes and in the dying seconds Messi added another one.

After all that success, I'm the top manager in the Hall of Fame with 660 points - 9 ahead of Alex Ferguson! icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif It took me only five season.

Now I'm in pre-season for the 6th season. The board became stingy and gave me only $138m for transfers. But that's ok as I can still probably buy one of my three transfer targets - Criscito, Javi Martinez, Silva. I'm going after Criscito although Pique had another great season. However, my biggest problem is that Iniesta's contract expires at the end of the new season. He wants 350,000 a week and I can only offer up to 240,000. What can I do??? icon_confused.gif I can't/don't want to loose him - he is my captain and my best midfielder.

Anyway, here is how my team looks for the new system:

GK-Valdes/Carrizo

DR-Alves/Torres

DL-Traore/Lahm

DC-Ramos/Pique

DC-Albiol/Valiente

MC-Iniesta/Zapater

MC-Fabregas/Crossas

AMR/C-Messi/Alfaro/Ben Arfa

AMC - Aguero/Vela/Ben Arfa

AML/C-Ronaldo/Dos Santos/Ben Arfa

FC - Bojan/Pato/Vela

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a rotation policy the first named players are my first XI. I use the others in cup games and in the group stages of the champions league, also towards the end of the season to keep my first XI fresh for the champions league. They still end up getting 20-25 games a season and they don't complain.

I have won the league and champions league two years in a row, also the spanish cup last year. I have about 12 good prospects in the B team but due to the registartion bug I am gonna have to loan them out for season long deals.

I had a look at Traore but he has a determination stat of 10?.I like to play pacey and hard working players. Think I may have got too many South Americans don't usually tend to buy this many. Looking for a strong striker so might be between Cavani and Benzema. Also might sell Dani Alves if I can get Sergio Ramos has a minimum release clause of £92m!!!

I am playing as Barca as well, and , in the first 3 seasons i won 3 La Liga, 2 Copa del Rey,2 Supercups, was 2 times runner-up and another time eliminated in the semis in CL...

In the first season i didn't buy or sell anybody and my squad was:

GK Valdes/Jorquera/Oier

DR Zambrotta/Oleguer

DC Puyol/Thuram

DC Milito/Marquez

DL Abidal/Sylvinho

MC Xavi/Deco

MCdef Toure/Edmilson

AMR Messi/Giovani

AMC Iniesta/gudjohnsen

AML Ronaldinho/Ezquerro

ST Henry/Eto'o/Bojan

In my second season I bought Manuel Pasqual for 11 mil and sold Thuram,Edmilson,Sylvinho,Ezquerro...I also promoted to the first team Iago,Botia,Thiago,Crosas the squad was:

GK Valdes/Jorquera/Oier

DR Zambrotta/Oleguer

DC Puyol/Botia

DC Milito/Marquez

DL Abidal/Pasqual

MC Xavi/Deco/Thiago

MCdef Toure/Crosas

AMR Messi/Giovani

AMC Iniesta/gudjohnsen

AML Ronaldinho/Iago

ST Henry/Eto'o/Bojan

In the third season I bought Sagna for 15 mil and Ikechukwo Uche on a free and sold Gudjohnsen and Deco,and sent Botia on loan to Lille. This is the season I won promotion to Segunda with Barca B,Gael Etock being on fire.

GK Valdes/Jorquera/Oier

DR Zambrotta/Sagna

DC Puyol/Oleguer

DC Milito/Marquez

DL Abidal/Pasqual

MC Xavi/Thiago

MCdef Toure/Crosas

AMR Messi/Giovani

AMC Iniesta/Iago

AML Ronaldinho/Henry

ST Eto'o/Bojan/Uche

I have a record of 124 won-37 drawn-19 lost and 7 trophies.Not fabulous but I had a lot of fun

For those of you,that have won Cl for 5 years in a row,I have a question: Aren't you bored of buying the best players on the game with ridiculous high fees and wining everything? Just asking...if not,tell me please what keeps you motivated to continue,because you that what you are doing is far from reality...in real life this could never happen,maybe just in the 60's...

Managing a big club allows you to buy the best players in the game but everyone plays there game different. I always play with a big club because I don't have the patience or time to play lower league games.

This is a game...million miles from reality icon_biggrin.gif

In my 5th season with Barca thus far, have won the league title every year, 2 Champions League titles, 3 Spanish cups.

Current side looks abit like this:

GK: Cech

DR: Dani Alvez/Illsinho

DL: Marcelo/Clichy

DC: M. Richards/Puyol

DC: Barzagli/Pique

MR: Messi/Silva

ML: C. Ronaldo/Dos Santos

MC: Essien/Veloso

MC: Fabregas/ Javi Martinez

FC: Bojan/Tevez

FC: Vela/Adebayor

Obviously over the years i've had a big clearout and lots of players brought in. Selling the likes of Ronaldinho, Marquez, Toure, Xavi, Eto'o, Henry, Valdez, Deco etc.

I'm actually struggling to find the motivation to carry on playing at the moment, for some reason Real Madrid never seem to strengthen their squad so i'm just walking away with the title every year.

guys ive just started first season and im £50 k a week over my wage budget so need to offload one or two players(also spent my £22 million budget on modric,veloso and marcelo) so i need to get some money from my sales,im thinking of getting rid of deco,sylvinho,guerro and esquerro(sp) how much do you think i could get for them?and also why does everyone sell ronhaldinho and how much can he be sold for?

GK: Cech

DR: Dani Alvez/Illsinho

DL: Marcelo/Clichy

DC: M. Richards/Puyol

DC: Barzagli/Pique

MR: Messi/Silva

ML: C. Ronaldo/Dos Santos

MC: Essien/Veloso

MC: Fabregas/ Javi Martinez

FC: Bojan/Tevez

FC: Vela/Adebayor

Amazing Team 10/10

One of the best i've seen!!!

Originally posted by adonis:

I use a rotation policy the first named players are my first XI. I use the others in cup games and in the group stages of the champions league, also towards the end of the season to keep my first XI fresh for the champions league. They still end up getting 20-25 games a season and they don't complain.

I have won the league and champions league two years in a row, also the spanish cup last year. I have about 12 good prospects in the B team but due to the registartion bug I am gonna have to loan them out for season long deals.

I had a look at Traore but he has a determination stat of 10?.I like to play pacey and hard working players. Think I may have got too many South Americans don't usually tend to buy this many. Looking for a strong striker so might be between Cavani and Benzema. Also might sell Dani Alves if I can get Sergio Ramos has a minimum release clause of £92m!!!

Don't worry about Traore's determination being 10. I had the same concern, but he is awesome! His pace, accelerarion and tackling are 19, bravery and anticipation are 16. You wont regret getting him, trust me!

A mixed start so far:

Signings:

Saivet

Menez

Banega

Marcelo

Results:

0-1 Valencia ( icon_eek.gifMost unfair result the world has seen)

1-1 Zaragoza (again my strikers fluffing up chances) Bojan

4-1 Deportivo (finally they came good) Henry,Eto'o,G.Milito,Menez

CL:3-1 Ajax (Brilliant display icon_biggrin.gif Menez Classy) Menez,Henry,Xavi

So after a slow start we are starting to get fighting fit. A bit disappointed with the Valencia result but thats football.

I'm sad to say but I also had to start over because I upgraded to a better (faster) PC.

So I installed the game and the 8.0.1 patch and started my new Barca game once again. I just can't imagine playing with another team right now - Barca is my favorite team IRL.

This time I want to buy less players each year. And I want to try some other players to see how they perform - though I'm sure I won't resist to get Cristiano Ronaldo and Fabregas again. However, I won't be in a rush to get them this time. Also, I plan on using only my favorite 4-3-3 all the way!

I've just begun, getting through only couple of frendlies against 2 MLS teams. I've decided to make one signing though - Mattia Cassani D/WB RL,MR future replacement for Zambrotta. On the previous save he was excellent at Inter for 4 seasons. So I thought why not, when I can get him for only $6.25m from Palermo. But that's it, no more new faces. For the second season I just want to add couple of players for free, as I intend to let Silvinho, Thuram and Edmilson go on free.

I would like to get Fernando Torres back to Spain eventually (after the second season) and try to see what Silva is all about at some point. But I want to keep the core group as long as possible, which means no major transfers until the 3rd season.

This is the team:

GK-Valdes/Jorquera

DR-Zambrotta/Cassani

DL-Abidal/Cassani

DCr-Puyol/Thuram

DCl-Milito/Oleguer

DM-Marquez/Toure

MCr-Xavi/Deco

MCl-Iniesta/Gudjonsen

AMR-Messi/Dos Santos

AML-Ronaldinho/Dos Santos

FC-Eto'o/Henry/Bojan

Anyways, Ill keep you updated how im doing.

2nd season looking good, Heres my stats ect

Team:

barkt0.png

Transfers In/Out:

bar2mr1.png

Gael Etock looks FB! 17 and his finishing is 16, He's on loan to livorno ( Feeder ) and he scored 2 in 1 game so far. Hopefully ill win everything this season as Real Madrid have been busy in the transfer market

I bought garay as a CB last season, but he didnt come till this season. So im retraining him as a LB so he can replace Abidal+My center backs

Tevez Is FB!!!

Ah, also, the second season is quite hard for me, Madrid were buying all my players that i wanted and i missed out on Fabregas to them!

Anyways, Real Madrid are top by 5 points! I need to play them so i can catch up!

Tevez is on fire for me, And silva has the most assists in the league, RVP is doing very good aswell!

Why does nobody be barca? Im lonely in this thread icon_biggrin.gif

Just started a game with barca, and I've no idea what to do as I've yet to play in Spain but I should win things

This is sort of a formation that I intent do play as well as my starting XI

squaddf0.jpg

Bojan will be farmed out as well as dos Santos so I will need to strengthen. However with 7 something million transfer budget its not looking great.

What registration bug? Explain please....

There's a well-known RIDICULOUS bug in 8.01 htat causes the spanish B-teams to loose the players' registration. This means that no players from the B-team are registered for competitions under the Spanish FA, so you can't use your talented B-team players now and then! You're stuck with the 25 players registered for your A-team!!! Makes the game nearly unplayable in Spain! Unless you've registered the likes of Lago, Crosas, Valiente, Assulin and others, you won't be able to play them in La Primera or the Spanish cup!

A fix has been asked for for a loooooong time (see bugs forum) but nothing have come out so far.

Yonko: Your previous campaign with Barca, was that with the patch 8.01 applied or with just the beta-patch?

Hi guys thought i'd do an update. Started with Barcelona and play 4-3-3. Have been winning all before me apart from the Spanish Cup where I mainly use my fringe players. My team now consists of Oscar Ustari in goal with the back four of Clichy, Pique Puyol and Micah Richards. My 3 central midfielders are Essien, Iniesta and Silva. Out wide I rotate between Mathias Fernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and Ronaldinho. Playing with Henry upfront but giving Bojan and Saivet plenty of games. In my last season Henry scored 58 goals. I have fringe players like Xavi, Aguerro, Rafinha and Raul Albiol. Gonna use Henry and Puyol for this next season then gradually replace them. I want another great young centre back to replace him with and am looking for any suggestions you may have.

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Never noticed.

Anyway, dont think thats a bug, if you dont register them for the competitions of course you cant play them..Its just spain!

Anyways, Im first in the league by 1 point !!

Trust me it is a bug even if you register them, the next day none of the players will have been registered. They become unavailable. One of the reasons I haven't continued my Barcelona game much til its sorted.

almost halfway thru my second season and i find that valencia are on fire i need to steal david villa off them to takeover the spanish league as real madrid seem easy this year.

first season i won the league and spanish cup but lost in the champions league final due to ibrahimovich being a persistant big nose ****.

maybe i'll post some screens later on on my choice of formation and team sheet

Early second season and a bit of a disappointing start in the league we are getting decent results but Chamions league we drew with Werder Breman which was a bit of a shock. I feel im lacking that class upfront with Eto'o and Henry not delivering and Bojan dosent seem to be up to the task of a 1st team slot. Im sorted for the future with Saivet develpoing niclely in my youth team and Franco Di Santos is making me want to move him towards the 1st team. So any recommendations on a classy striker?

Archived