FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

Guys um having some troubles....

Valdes Dislikes ronaldinho...

And some players are worried about lack of manegerial disciplne...

Sold Out: Edmilson, Thuram, Ezquero, Marquez

Got In: Albiol, Berno, Zapater, Marcelo , Rafinha

Potential Stars: Lago and Bojan---> Goal Machine

Line Up

Gk: Valdez and Ruben

DC: Puyol, Berno, Albiol and Milito

DL: Abidal , Marcelo

DR: Zambarotta, Rafinha... (vector diaz---> on Loan)

DMC: Toure, Zapater, (Arturo Vidal---> on Loan)

MC ( Xavi, Iniesta)

AMR/L/C ( Ronaldinho, Messi, Lago, Dos Santos, Deco)

ST ( Henry, Bojan, Etoo, Daniele Vantaggiato) (Kerlon---> On Loan)

I love bringing in Youngesters... Send them on Spanish Loans... To gain Nationaliy so i get no restriction... ( Kerlon is a BOMB)

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, started my first season with Barca, and I'm using the MightySpurs tactic, which I highly recommend. I haven't sold anyone nor signed anyone. This tactic will get you loads of goals, although you will conceed plenty as well, but I think if I replace Valdes my defence may sure up a bit. My lineup:

GK: Valdes

RB: Zambrotta/Oleguer

CB: Puyol/Oleguer

CB: Milito/Thuram

LB: Abidal/Zambrotta

AMR: Messi/Ezquerro

MC: Xavi/Toure

MC: Iniesta/Deco

AML: Ronaldinho/Dos Santos

ST: Henry/Bojan

ST: Eto'o/Gudjohnson

My Results:

At. Mardid 4-2

Betis 6-1

Levante 2-3

Benfica 4-1

Villarreal 3-1

Getafe 6-1

Valladolid 6-0

Originally posted by Ramzinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MightySpurs tactic

i would like to know what is this tactic about...

Thanks alot icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here's the tactic, many thanks to the creator.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/3002061553

Things are getting out of hand on the defensive end and I'm going to make some adjustments. I just beat Valencia 6-5 at home, and then snuck a 3-2 away win at Real Madrid. I'm still struggling to find the right balance from attack to defence but for now I've decided to give the fullbacks an even more defensive of a mentality and decreased their forward runs, we'll see how it works out. With 12 games gone, I have 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss and I'm tied at the top with Real, also won all four of my Champions League group games.

Just finished my second season.....and it was most certainly one of ups and downs!

We won the League by a point from Real Madrid and we also won the Cup (beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the final). As far as the minor competitions we were in we won the Spanish SuperCup, Euro Super Cup but lost in the final of the World Club Championship to Boca.

The title race was fantastic as it looked like either one of us could win it. One minute id be a goal down and Madrid a goal up, then it would completely change again.

The only downside of the season was the Champions League. We got beaten in the semi-finals by Real Madrid 5-1 on agg.

We got well and truly beaten in the first leg at home 4-0. We were awful! In the second leg we weren't much better but we didn't get beaten and that saved me from the fans backlash!

Chamipons League Run -

Groups - PSV, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbache

1st Round - Junventus

Quarter Final - Arsenal

Semi Final - Real Madrid

In the Champions League the year before it really felt like we were destined to win it but this year we struggled to put teams away. That really seemed like the stroy of the season. We could be 3-0 up at half time and would end up drawing 3-3 or winning 3-2.

Having said that though we managed to score 169 goals and only conceed 62 in 64 games, which is very similar to last season.

My Squad is packed with immense talent -

GK - Lloris (Valdes)

RWB - Rafinha (Zambrotta)

LWB - Guardado (Abidal)

DC - Puyol (Milito)

DC - Breno (Marquez)

MC - Fabregas (Xavi)

MC - Iniesta / Messi (Dos Santos)

DMC - Toure

FR - Aguero (Cristiano Ronaldo)

FL - Ronaldinho (Messi)

FC - Henry (Bojan)

The only problem I've had this season has been what team to pick. I was planning on using a Squad Rotation policy to keep everyone fresh and also to have a good go at winning every competition but in reality it didn't work (just like irl). I actually found my strongest team (the players NOT in brackets) by accident. We had just been hammered by Real Madrid in the Champions League and I had loads of players suspended or injured so this was all I had and it didn't lose a game between then and the end of the season!

I'm still using the 433 tactic although at times I will play a very attackin 4222. At times this allows me to play with 4 upfront (against weaker sides) and when Im defending it lets me defend the wide areas that don't get covered when playing the 433.

In the summer Im looking at selling the following players:

* Eto'o - Hasn't figured

* Deco - Hasn't figured

* Milito - Emergence of Breno

* Marquez - Bad performances and crucial mistakes in the big games

* Xavi - Not played well in the big games

Im looking to bring in:

* Cana - Need a quality DMC

* Albiol - If I sell Millito and Marquez then I need another DC

* Van der Vaart - Good scout recomendations

* Zigic - The bloke has always done well for me and with wingers like Cristiano Ronaldo I could use his height and heading ability. Plus he has always done well for me on previous games.

Im made up with some of the youngsters who are coming through. Iago played a few games in the first season and was quiet so this season I sent him out on loan to Derby (feeder club) and he has been immense and kept them in the Prem, scoring some ace goals in the process. He has now become a Wonderkid!!!!! Also Oier Olazabal (GK) has had a good season with the B team as well as Jonathon dos Santos. When you add this to Bojan, Giovani dos Santos, Breno, Aguero, Fabregas, Lloris, Ronaldo, Messi & Guardado the future is most certainly bright!

Only downside Laporta took it upon himself to sell Bangea for £6.7M!!! He is a wonderkid ffs!!!

First things first,

Just finished my second season at the mighty barca.

We won the title by a reasonable 24 points over valencia who also won the 2nd most amount of games albeit 10 behind me.

The only black spot on the season was the spanish cup, And going out to R.Madrid in the semi 2-2.The highlight of my cup run was a 15-1 victory over hospitalet, granted there not a very worthy opponents but as henry was injured aguero was handed his debut, he repaid me by getting 5 of the goals in a 1st leg 10-0 win.

The spanish super cup(won) was a tightly fought contest against valencia. The first leg at the Mestella ended 2-2, but they were no match in the return leg losing 3-1.

The Euro Super Cup(won) put me against spurs, 3-0 to the catalan giants.

Champions league(won), i was handed a fairly easy group with Man Utd, Feyenoord and RC Lens.

1stknockout-Porto 2-2A 5-4H

Q/F-Liverpool 4-2H 2-4A 5-4aet

S/F-Chelsea 0-1A 3-2H

F R.Madrid 2-0 Messi (75) ronaldinho (pen88)

Club World Cup (won)

S/F-Salt Lake 7-0

Final-SaitamaUTD 4-0

Best players-Ronaldinho,Eto'O,Messi all got ratings of 8.50 over the two games.

AWARDS.

WFOTY-Ronaldinho

WPOTY-Eto'O,Ronaldinho

Spanish team of the year VALDES, MARCELO, MARQUEZ, MILLITO, ramos, vicente, RONALDINHO, ETO'O, MESSI, llorente, HENRY.

Valdes won GK of the year conceding only 30.

Henry surprisingly won player of the year only making 23appearances 16goals 12assists

Squad (08/09)

GK-Valdes/Zivkovic

DR-Clerc/Zambrotta

DL-Marcelo/Abidal

DC-Marquez/Pablo

DC-Millito/David

MC-Toure/Iniesta

MC-Mascherano/Deco

AMR-Messi/Aaritalo

AML-Ronaldinho/Menez

AMC-Eto'O/Nasri

FC-Henry/Aguero

Major Transfers In 08/09

DeSilvestri, Flamini, Pablo, Mascherano, Bravo, Dalla Valle,(all free transfers), Moreno 2.2m,

Marcelo 5.5m, Nasri 50m(omg), Aguero 33.5m, Clerc 23m (i know), Gourcuff 5.5m (supersub.

Major Transfers Out 08/09

Gudjohnson 20m

I have just got the third season under way and have sent Bojan, Dos Santos, Flamini, Moreno, Saivet, Bravo, David and Thiago all out on loan to Man Utd, Munich, Lyon, Cagliari, 38Guadaloupe, Cagliari and wigan respectivley.

Major Transfers In 09/10

Benega 6m, Albiol 13m, Fabregas 60m and Akinfeev 22m.

Major Transfers Out 09/10

Puyol 15m, Xavi 20m and Abidal 13m.

As you can see i sold my back up left back so im currently seaching high and low for a new one, prefferably one who wont be expecting regular first team football.

I was reading a couple of post and people keep saying Laporta keeps accepting offers for your teams, this has never happened to me. What do you lot put your minimum release clauses at? I put mine stupidly high and have never had a problem....

Originally posted by m-owen:

I was reading a couple of post and people keep saying Laporta keeps accepting offers for your teams, this has never happened to me. What do you lot put your minimum release clauses at? I put mine stupidly high and have never had a problem....

Banega's release clause was about £25M for a 19 / 20yo I didn't think that was too low. But he has done it again. He has just accepted abid of £15M for Eto'o.

I was looking to replace him anyway but still £15M ffs! I was trying to flog him to Liverpool for £27M and they were going for it but when Eto'o turned them down Valencia came in with this stupidly low bid and Laporta accepted.

I know this happens to the AI because that how we get good players for low prices but it has never happened to me before.

Originally posted by ych:

I can't say how surprised I am by the lack of affection of henri saivet and bojan by most barcelona managers here!

By the 4th season, Bojan has 19s and 20s in so many stats, I'm lost for words!

Can i have a screenie of Bojan please

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ych:

I can't say how surprised I am by the lack of affection of henri saivet and bojan by most barcelona managers here!

By the 4th season, Bojan has 19s and 20s in so many stats, I'm lost for words!

Can i have a screenie of Bojan please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>my.php?image=bojan4bt7.png

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ych:

bojan4ml7.th.png

Thanks mate he looks amazing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NP. He's only 20 too! Absolutely ****ing lovely 20 assists and a little over 20+ goals in the the 4th season...I practice rotation icon_smile.gif

Taking a break from my Barcelona game but I really want to see that beast when he's 27 or 28 icon_biggrin.gif

Only just started my Barcelona save, and decided to use the tactic i made for barcelona in fm 2007.

leaguetablebarceyh6.th.jpg

Current league table, although it makes my tactic look defensive, usually we have 20+ shots per match, and force our opponents to defend most of the match.

If anyone is interested in trying my tactic, its called 4-3-3 FSEnigma on fmdownloads

madridvbarceay5.th.jpg

My first real test of the season, which i thought went pretty well.

ive started a game with barca ive installed the beta patch (you know to fix the closing down bug etc) i only start with 9m to spend cant adjust the wage budget but above i read use all saying use get 40m above would that be before the beta patch

Okay ive just started as Barca and tbh im a little nervous because of all the expectation so i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Anything would be great, but here is some of my key questions :p

1) What tactics should i be playing every game? I know i should be playing 4-3-3 but if someone could tell me a more detailed breakdwon of it all that would be great.

2) How do i get the most out of my key players? As in what individual settings should players like Messi, Ronnie and Henry be on?

3) Barca has the best youth in the world but how do i maintain this? What youth players are keepers and who should i flog off or bring in? Ive signed Saivet but thats it so far.

4) I want Bojan to develop into the kind of player we've just seen in that amazing screenie O_o absolutely phenomenal and i want the same XD please let me know if i should be doing individual training shedules etc for him or loan spells.

5) And finally for the first season who should i spend the bulk of my 36million on? I can either go for tonnes of the most talented youth like Marcelo and Denilson etc or maybe Aguero or Fabregas if im lucky. Idealy i want a team of pure world class players with great backups. For example Henry with Eto' backup :p

Anyway soz for all the requests but like i said i dont want to mess this up so im hoping you guys can help me develop a firm first season base to build off icon_wink.gif

i played 4-3-3 with eto'o hold up ball and forward runs and cross ball bar pull all the way back. I play ronnie with free role and put long shots often for deco...i am only into jan 08 but im still unbeaten in league and leading table by 18pts...regretted not signing back up amr cos messi is injured now...I signed Maicon, Pirlo, Kameni and Marcelo (sold to milan for 10.25m thanks to stupid chairman)

Thanks Hjunkai that setup is working well for me so far ^^; Ednilson is causing trouble though, he wont sign a new contract and wants 30k appearance fee!!! O_o should i just let him go?

Also i bought Aguero for 35mil straight up and 10 over 24mnths icon_wink.gif he scored on his debut so hopefully he turns into the man everyone here talks about :p

I wouldnt mind Fabregas though, also has anyone checked out a Swiss right back guy, he is very versatile but i forget his name >.< Anyway Aresene just destroyed my offer of 5 million for him with a huge 37million!!!! O_o is this a bug or something? No one talks about this guy so he cant be that great. I wanted to get him though but not for that much, anyone else seen him?

Originally posted by Devro:

3) Barca has the best youth in the world but how do i maintain this? What youth players are keepers and who should i flog off or bring in? Ive signed Saivet but thats it so far.

4) I want Bojan to develop into the kind of player we've just seen in that amazing screenie O_o absolutely phenomenal and i want the same XD please let me know if i should be doing individual training shedules etc for him or loan spells.

5) And finally for the first season who should i spend the bulk of my 36million on? I can either go for tonnes of the most talented youth like Marcelo and Denilson etc or maybe Aguero or Fabregas if im lucky. Idealy i want a team of pure world class players with great backups. For example Henry with Eto' backup :p

Oier Olabazal(is that right?) from Barcelona B becomes one of the best shot stoppers in the game, but for one main weakness- rushing out.

Iago (AM LC) is also decent and I have heard stories of him becoming a wonderkid but I didn't try to develop him at all. As of season 6 he is at best my 7th or 8th choice yet still barely decent.

The rest are not worth mentioning. Better to wait for regens.

As for Saivet, good that you sign him up early(I didn't sign him until the 4th season when he cost me 14mio instead of probably 1.4mio at the start of the game). He topped my scoring charts ahead of Bojan in the 6th season. 21 years old and already a "world-class striker".

Bojan...ah...my favourite player in the game. Along with Dos Santos, I placed him on the bench for most games before letting them play the last few minutes of the game. Before long, my ass manager commented that "the first-team football" were helping them grow.

As for your first season signings, look no further than Barzagli and a good goalie. Probably Ustari.

Barzagli is by miles the best CB in the game, surpassing Puyol...

I'll post a screenie of Bojan again when I find that he has improved again.

That wasnt even a question btw O_o but if you dont like the patch then uninstall the game and install again. I personally dont use the patch and everything is fine for my Barca team, no freak results except for 8 - 2 once.

Originally posted by lfc7:

ive started a game with barca ive installed the beta patch (you know to fix the closing down bug etc) i only start with 9m to spend cant adjust the wage budget but above i read use all saying use get 40m above would that be before the beta patch

if u read it properly u will see it was a question

Thanks for the tip ifc7 but most schools teach people to use question marks when trying to ask something. I see you must have been away when that was on.

Anyway it was a pleasure answering your 'question' and no need to thank me icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the tip ifc7 but most schools teach people to use question marks when trying to ask something. I see you must have been away when that was on. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway it was a pleasure answering your 'question' and no need to thank me icon_wink.gif

thank you ???

I have been trying to offload Eidor Gudjonson all season but he keeps playing too well >.< he's now scored 15 from 13 games icon_frown.gif

But this is the kind of problem i love to have. Ive also found out that Aguero isnt that great in strike but best deployed as AMC.

If i was to win the league and the champions league does anyone know how much money the board will roughly give me next season?

I have been trying to offload Eidor Gudjonson all season but he keeps playing too well >.< he's now scored 15 from 13 games icon_frown.gif

But this is the kind of problem i love to have. Ive also found out that Aguero isnt that great in strike but best deployed as AMC.

If i was to win the league and the champions league does anyone know how much money the board will roughly give me next season?

Aproximately 100million pounds more a season. Because you get 80+mio from la liga TV revenue and 18 mio from champs league if you win.

I do agree with you that aguero doesn't fit in well in barcelona(my barcelona at least).

Even aging Eto(who is a world-class striker) is wayy better than aguero(the only non-world-class striker in the team).

I got Bojan(21 years old) to tutor new signing aaron(23 years old).

Thanks Hjunkai that setup is working well for me so far ^^; Ednilson is causing trouble though, he wont sign a new contract and wants 30k appearance fee!!! O_o should i just let him go?

Also i bought Aguero for 35mil straight up and 10 over 24mnths icon_wink.gif he scored on his debut so hopefully he turns into the man everyone here talks about :p

I wouldnt mind Fabregas though, also has anyone checked out a Swiss right back guy, he is very versatile but i forget his name >.< Anyway Aresene just destroyed my offer of 5 million for him with a huge 37million!!!! O_o is this a bug or something? No one talks about this guy so he cant be that great. I wanted to get him though but not for that much, anyone else seen him?

no prob...edmilson sux...let him go...look at his pathetic stats...i got future transfer for aguero but i regret it now...cant find a way to fit him into my time...btw does anyone know how to sell gudjohnsen...i offer him for 5m and no one wants him..

@ ych - lmao i didnt think that was even possible :p surely you can only tutor someone younger than yourself? Aguero is good dont get me wrong, but no world class striker like you said. Im gonna have a tough time replacing Henry icon_frown.gif

Ive signed .... (for the first season)

- Saivet (free)

- Benegra (2mil)

- Aguero (45mil)

- Dan Alves (22mil)

Which i think is pretty decent but i had to sell a promising centre back to AC Milan. Ive already forgotten his name but he was solid and only 28. But i got a good 22 mil offer so i couldnt turn it down :p lol

@ ych - lmao i didnt think that was even possible :p surely you can only tutor someone younger than yourself? Aguero is good dont get me wrong, but no world class striker like you said. Im gonna have a tough time replacing Henry icon_frown.gif

Ive signed .... (for the first season)

- Saivet (free)

- Benegra (2mil)

- Aguero (45mil)

- Dan Alves (22mil)

Which i think is pretty decent but i had to sell a promising centre back to AC Milan. Ive already forgotten his name but he was solid and only 28. But i got a good 22 mil offer so i couldnt turn it down :p lol

Well it's definitely possible icon_smile.gif

@ hjunkai - Ive been trying to offload him to, i even put him on a free and still no one wanted him O_o surely this is a bug? Anyway i got some offers for him in the Jan transfer window and good ones to, all i had to do was actually play him. You see he always plays well in the games anyway so its no biggy and Sevilla offered like 17mil for him.

Ok...just lost in the league for the first time to real madrid...Is there a way to beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu? In 07 and 08 now, it seems almost impossible...In 07 with ath...I win Real madrid 3-0 at home, and lose 4-0 away...Is the bernabeu that intimidating?

Just passed January 2009 and Barce are sitting 4 points ahead of Real Madrid and look set to regain the title from their fierce rivals. Here is my squad:

GK: Valdes - Looking at signing Akinfeev in the summer

DC: Millito (Breno)

DC: Puyol (Marquez)

WBL: Chellini (ABidal)

WBR: Dani Alves (Zambrotta)

DMC: Xavi (Javi Martinez)

MC: Messi (Nasri)

MC Iniesta (Dos Santos)

AMC: Ronaldinho (Obvioulsy Nasri, Messi, Aguero and Dos Santos can play here)

SC: Aguero (Bojan) Aguero has already nothed 27 goals in all comps so far this season

SC: Eto'o (Henry)

Play an attacking 2-3-2-1-2 formation. Averaging 3 goals a game. less than one against.

Also have ALex, Lullinha and Marko Marin.

Looking to sign Akinfeev, Silva and Fabregas. Decided to retrain Dos Santos as WBL so that he can get more playtime!

Dos Santos and Valdez have really suprised me this season, they have played brillaintly. Sherwin Dos Santos is an amazing attacking left winger lol i think your making a mistake.

As i said before i sold a defender for 22 mil in the January transfer window and i went to buy Alves in the summer for 22 mil, which goes through on July. Only problem is that it appears i dnt have any transfer funds O_o has the money already been paid? Have the board stolen my cash? WTF is going on!!! icon_frown.gif

I have to also admit Real are very very hard to beat at home which doesnt bother me that much because its the only place i cant win away, same with AC Milan and Man Utd. Very tough places to go away and get a result from, but that just makes it more fun and realistic for me :p

One thing that did annoy me was my team going 4 - 0 up at Real only to lose 4-5 >.> This i found very annoying and stupid as their last 4 goals came in the last 10 minutes!!!! GAHH!!!! >.<

am on the patch and only got 9m to spend and another 9m when i sold gudjohnsen am gutted listening to use having quite a lot of money lol but am gonna stick with the patch cause its stops the closing down bug e.t.c ill just have to win lots of trophies to get the cash i want also trying to sell deco but no-one is interested

why does real madrid like rosicky so much? In 07 and 08 they both signed him...in 07, n'zogbia was also signed...Rosicky somehow magically became great after joining them, scoring the winning goal against me...anyway i have won the title with 7 games to go...phew!

Started a Barca Game im in my First Season.

Transfers

In

Walcott £15m

Vela £15m (Not coming till next season)

Aguero £34m

Outs

Eto'o £7.5m Plus 50% Sell on (Bloody Chairman!)

Henry £20m

1st XI

GK Valdes

LB Abidal

RB Zambrotta

CB Puyol

CB Milito

CDM Yaya Toure

CAM Iniesta

LAM Giovani

RAM Messi

ST Bojan

ST Aguero

I know i let go of players too early and that taking out Ronnie Eto'o and Henry for Aguero Bojan and Giovani is mad but they need experience and Walcott will get a go in cup game and Vela is coming next year so they were not needed.

You sold Eto'o for £7.5m and the chairman accepted it. Sorry mate but i just don't believe that at all.

You also sold Henry, are you mad?

Bojan is only 17 and you are in the first season he is not ready yet to be your main striker.

Also why arent you playing Ronaldinho?

Originally posted by Rydo L:

I would start again mate if i was you.

well it's his own business isn't it...

Letting henry go is a joke though. he played 5 good seasons for me and was world striker of the year 3 times in those 5. he even demands less wages when I renew his contracts every time...

Dont get me wrong Bojan is good and all but you need your stars like Henry and Eto' i mean who on earth can replace them both for a measly 20mil? I havent sold anyone as Barca, they are so rich that they dont need to. I literally gave away Gudjonsen and Ednilson along with Toure cos i just never played them full stop and everythings going great.

I won everything in the first season and now i have more money then i know what to do with. So i just signed Fabregas for 60mil and Christiano Ronaldo for 70mil icon_biggrin.gif and im not regretting it in the slightest. Truth be told i didnt need anyone really so i thought i had may as well just get quality, oh and i forked out for Balzaghi too :p

I went on a 31 match unbeaten run last season and i hope to better it this time around icon_wink.gif

Personally i would start again if i was you mate cos you got bumped hard! But its your game so as long as you have fun then its all good but Walcott simply isnt good enough for Barca and Aguero is fantastic but you need backup too.

Archived