FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rune_star: I started the save with the beta patch and then upgraded with the full version midway through the 3rd season. Either way, I know what you are saying about the registration thing. I didn't know it was a bug. However, I think I noticed it also with the beta....

Anyway, a little update on my new save, which is with the complete patch from the start. Man, what a difference!!! I see major defferences in the match engine, but it hasn't stoped my beloved 4-3-3 from being successful icon_biggrin.gif.

Another change I see is that the major clubs go after players alot more now. Especially Real M, Milan and Inter. Right now I'm in January 2008 and the market is buzzing like never before. Surprisingly enough Barzagli is still at Palermo, but Real offerred $28m. I matched it (the board increased my budget to $75m) but Palermo rejected both offers icon_eek.gif. Real are also after Kolo Toure, who I also like because of his pace - my 4-3-3 uses very high D-line. Inter and Milan have both knocked on my door about Rafa Marquez, but I told them they can only have him for $40m. He is awesome as DM for me. Inter gave up as they just signed Zapater icon_frown.gif and Milan keep asking. BTW, the Rossoneri have just signed Alves for $32m.

On top of that, all my future potential transfer targets (mainly Fabregas and Ronaldo) are wanted by all major clubs. All this makes me rethink my strategy I said earlier about no major transfers until after the second season. I've already secured two free transfer for next season - Erik Edman D/WB L and Riquelme! I wanted to sign also Mascerano on free but he wants to weigh his options until the end of the season.

Here are my transfer targets:

DC- Barzagli, K.Toure, Breno

DR- Baragan, Rafinha

DL- A.Traore, Criscito

DM- Albiol, Mascerano, Maduro

MC- Fabregas, Javi Martinez

AM- C.Ronaldo, Silva

FC- Torres, Benzema

The players in bold are my must-sign-at-all-cost targets. Breno currently has $16m release clause fee, but Arsenal, Liverpool, Valencia, Inter and Real are also keeping an eye on him. Traore's contract is up in 2009 and I hope to get him on free this time icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif. He's already refused extending it, so that's good.

My biggest question is if I have to fight for a either Barzagli or Toure who should I go for??? They are both 26 and very, very solid defenders. Kolo has big advantage in his speed and couple of mental atributes like determination and bravery, but Andrea's got 20 for tackling, marking and heading. Anyone have experience with them? BTW, if I get another DC, Puyol will be moved to DR. Then again, I don't really need upgrade in defense (or anywhere else at the moment) as I've allowed only 3 goals in 19 games in La Liga. Help!!!

I would feel guilty if I sign anyone so early in my game.

p.s. rune_star: are you still using 4-3-3 also? If you are, how's it going? Sometimes my front three have trouble finding space to play.

yonko: I recommend you get Toure. I think he's the best CB in the game and a great captain. Won't be that cheap though.

I'm looking to start my first Barca game in 08...

What tactic do you recommend if I want it to have:

1 DM

2 MC

AMC AML and AMR

I mean do you know any tactic like this that is for download?

In a simalar style to yonko ill post my views

Im top of the league currently with about 12 games to go, hopefully Madrid go on a bad spot and lose a few matches, I dont know why but there in debt icon_eek.gif and have to sell all there decent players, so i took courtesy and signed

Fransesc Fabregas

Arjen Robben

Pepe

all of those are very good and are coming at the start of july ( Season 3 )

Here are my targets for next season, i will not be buying any sort of midfielder apart from DMC because Messi is CLASS.

DR: Baragan

DM: Mascherano

DL: Chris Pander

Well the DM will probably cover for Fabregas when i move him to a MC position, I already have Miguel Veloso but he will be gone come next season.

Abidal is 29 coming 30 so Pander will have to take his place although Traore has been doing very good.

Originally posted by ryanir:

yonko: I recommend you get Toure. I think he's the best CB in the game and a great captain. Won't be that cheap though.

I'm looking to start my first Barca game in 08...

What tactic do you recommend if I want it to have:

1 DM

2 MC

AMC AML and AMR

I mean do you know any tactic like this that is for download?

Oops, drop the AMC there :p

ryanir: So you wanna use GK-DR,DL,2DC-DM,2MC-AMR,AML,FC? Put curvy arrows on the wingers, play short passing, slow tempo and wide with highish normal D-line. Centerbacks close-down in own area only, fullbacks are closing down in own half and for the rest you can use the team slider as you wish or as the match/opponent dictates. Forward runs for DR/L, 2MC and AMR/L put on often, FC on mixed. Run with ball often for AMR/L and FC, mixed for DR/L and 2MC. TTB mixed for all with one DC on rarely. Mentality should be within the low normal range for the 5 defensive players (back 4 + DM) and within the first few notches of attacking for the attacking 5 players. For them (2MC, AMR/L and FC) I would leave it as team and just adjust from there. No long shots for anyone!

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Started the game.

I made a tactic that has DM, MC-MC, AML-AMR (curvy farrows to the side of striker), ST

Short passing and quick tempo.

Noticed the club has crap coaches, so offloaded some and bought better.

The injury list looks bad, with Puyol, Edmilson, Gudjohnsen and latest Henry out for 2 months.

I'm not planning to get anyone in the first window but I am unsettling Kolo Toure.

The first El Clásico of the year is already the 3rd league game of the season. Hopefully I've worked out my tactic by then.

Mid season 1 Update:

Im really glad that I didnt make whole sale changes to my squad and it payed off. Champions League got draw in the same group as D Kiev, Porto and Marseille and needless to say we managed 6 out of 6 victories and were facing Rangers in the next round.

Near the end of November the board increased the transfer budget by 29 million so I had funds to spend and I did. Deco was under performing at the beginning so I began to look for a AM but knowing that i will have to replace one of my aging strikers search was widened to search for a AM/FC. With this in mind I matched Aguero's minimum release of 32.5 million and he'll join me in January.

However there is always a twist somewhere around the corner, Deco upped his performances and started scoring goals which means hes on form. So that means Aguero will be an expensive sub and Im not sure the board will like that. I plan to recoup some money by selling Gudjohnsen

squad and their ratings

table

ROBIN VAN PERSIE!

AMAZING

I have Aguero, Tevez, And Rooney and they score about 1 per match, sometimes 2, He is on the bench mostly, I play Tevez + Aguero AMC And rooney upfront, But i also swap them so i have Rooney AMC ect, Anyways, rooney get injured while he was upfront so i bought RVP on, HE SCORED A HAT-TRICK IN 20 MINS!

RVPPPP

RVPPPP

Update:Season 2

My problems upfront seem to have sorted itself with Eto'o starting to pick himself up and Bojan helping with a few. The only slight disappointment so far has been Henry hasnt performed as he was last season.

As results are concerned im kind of running away with the title. After 9 games im 7 points clear of Real Madrid (Boy do they pick themselves up after the 1st season). A 2-0 win over Ajax has put me back on track in the ECC but i still want an international job to slot in with my Barca one. icon_biggrin.gif

Well done Jack sounds like you had a top class season. Abramovic, i bought Akinfeev and i use him as a back-up to Valdes and we are doing fine!

Well its going well with me with Ronaldinho is being absoulutely amazing (average rating of 7.89) im in December 2008 and we are riding high we've qualified through our ECC group with 1 game to spare. Xavi just keeps getting injured he was out for 4 months and then 1st game back he picks up a Groin Strain which keeps him out of action for another 4 weeks. icon_mad.gif. As it stands im amazed at my U19s and some of my Regens have real promise so its all going well icon_biggrin.gif! icon14.gif

Originally posted by Abramovic:

Its now 1st of March in my game and Im getting few unhappy people complaining about lack of games to be precise Jorquera. So can anyone recommend a decent keeper that is willing to be a backup?

I use Lloris has my 2nd choice he won't complain and still young, also very talented. Should be able to get him pretty cheap in the first season. I had to pay £12m start of the 2nd season.

hugollorisprofilerc0.th.jpg

Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

Abramovich are you still using global mentality?

If so how do you get such success?

Not just this but didnt you get consecutive promotions on global mentality?

Not for this save, because Barca have such a great squad and i didnt need a tight unit. Striker and other attacking players had attacking mentality's etc...

As far as global mentality i used tyo great success getting Nottingham Forest promoted to the premiership in 3 seasons. Season 2 missed on promotion through the play offs

FFS my team just fell apart, couple of niggling injures combined with few players losing their form results in me getting knocked out of the champions league semi final by Schalke.

At least this way I have something to looking forward to next season. Had I won it all I would have probably given up

Abramovic, your team appears to be in the exact same formation as my Barcelona side except I have Messi and Ronaldinho switched. 16 Wins 2 draws 1 loss in the league so far. A higher percentage of my goals come from Henry though, 29 in 31 with Messi in 2nd place at 10 in 31.

I now think i have the best team in the world!

Sold the ageing players

Puyol

Zambrotta

Abidal

Sold some younger unneeded

Robin Van Persie

Matias Fernandez

Countless Youths

Bought in

Arjen Robben

Pepe

Christian Pander

Efrain Juarez ( From the B team )

Fransec Fabregas

Fernando Gago ( FREE! )

And you end up with a team like this!

barcavn8.png

Well guys, I'm almost at the end of my first season. I won La Liga title with 7 games to go (5 left at the moment) and I won the Spanish Cup vs. Valencia 2-0 (Ronaldinho, Puyol). I've played 33 league games, won 29 and got 4 draws. I've scored 73 goals and allowed only 10 goals so far. I'm also in the semis of CL against Man U - I won the first leg at Nou Camp 1-0 thanks to Henry. Right now I'm just before I play them at Old Trafford.

I ended up not buy anyone icon_cool.gif...but Sevilla opened their check books and made three big transfers - Pique, Arteta and Mertesacker for combine fee of $100+ milion. icon_eek.gif

Anyway, nobody is interested in K.Toure anymore so I don't think I want to pay crazy money for him if I'm bidding by myself. But I'll keep an eye if anybody shows interest in him...then I'll jump in. Barzagli's price keeps jumping higher and higher as he's playing amazing for Palermo and he stays unhappy - still wanted by many teams including myself. Here is another interesting guy I like to try...Micah Richards...he's very wanted as well and my scouts say he is a must-buy....What say you??? Jack I see that you have him in your team....talk to me.

BTW, Breno is becoming a monster with $16m. release fee! Albiol has $34m. release fee as well - but he would have to be used as DM in this save. I'm also checking out some very attacking fullbacks, because in my tactic I use now they are bombing ahead with FWR, RWB and Crosses all on often! Unfortunatelly, Traore resigned till 2010 but he value is stil low - $4.5-5.5m.

I've changed to a very wide, attacking, high pressure tactic now - with AMR/L and DR/L having short farrows. If I need more attacking power I give my 2 MC's short farrows as well. I'm using normal tempo with focus passing down both sides. Majestirial stuff! icon_biggrin.gif

I'll update you later. Happy Hollydays!

Start of Season 2 Update:

In order to be successfully at a big club one is judged on results and players he signs. And I believe this is where I've messed up this season.

Transfers

I should have never sold Deco or Henry, they had at least one more season in them. Now i've got a mini revolt of players at my hand with Etoo and Milito demanding better replacements, and i've been rejected my at least 15 clubs for their players e.g. C Ronaldo, Silva, Torres

The club also made several back room changes to the staff, most notably Johan Neeskens leaving for Sevilla to rejoin Deco. But the club moved quickly to secure an equally good assistant in Queiroz

With all the changes its going to take time for everyone to adjust so Im not too optimistic for the forthcoming season.

starting XI and the rest of the squad

How much is C.Ronaldo worth in Season 2. I know Barca are unstoppable but i want Ronaldo otherwise Real will get him. Where does he play best. (I already have Menez,Dos Santos,Ronaldinho and Messi) Also

Greece & Czech Republic want me as manager!
Damn you! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif Choose Czech Republic

He's excellent on either side. In my game I had him trained as FC and when he became accomplished in that position he was playing very well there too. Actually, if you look at some Portugal games they use him there often. Don't worry, he is class! icon14.gif

Mini update:

One game into the new season and its the El Clásico, my squad is really weak because of Mexico doing well in the Olympics and injures. As you will see my bench was non existent as both Abidal and Etoo were injured and their fitness was around 70%. New signings were thrown in the deep end so I had no idea what to expect.

Real vs Barca

Just to add I won my first throphy of the season the Super Cup beating Real on penalties

Super Cup

Finished my first season with Barca. Had a good season, lost only three times (2 in league, once in UCL).

1st in La Liga

Won the Copa del Rey

Knocked out in the semis of UCL to ManU

Only signed Manuel Almunia and Hugo Lloris in January 2008, to cover up for Valdes. Almunia was dreadful, played 5 games conceding 9.

Valdes had a great season: 44 games, 13 conceded, 33 clean sheets, avr. 7.25

At the start of the season got rid of the deadwood (Edmilson, Sylvinho) and brought Marc Crosas, Iago, Bojan and Giovani dos Santos to the playing squad.

Marquez was my first choice MCd, but he played so good Milan got intrested. I sold him there for £21.5M in January 08, good deal imo.

Also sold Eidur for 3.6M to Zaragoza.

Those were the only sellings.

Best team:

GK: Valdes

DL: Abidal

DR: Zambrotta

DC: Puyol

DC: Milito

ML: Ronaldinho

MCd: Toure

MCa: Xavi

MR: Messi

AMC: Iniesta

FC: Eto'o

Eto'o scored 31 in 41, second best was Ronaldinho with 17 in 43.

I didn't give Henry alot of games so he scored only 11 in 27.

For the next season I have confirmed the signins of:

Javi Martinez for 16.5M (long-term replacement for Xavi)

and Ezequiel Garay (trying to play Puyol out of the team).

Mid Season 2 Update:

As I predicted, due to all the changes at the club the team is struggling. New players havent settled completly. Zapater is the biggest let down as he got sent off in 2 matches costing the team in both. Aguero started of badly but is slowly improving. On a brighter note dos Santos stepped up and has replaced van der Vaart in the starting XI.

Im my tactic the 2 MC's are the key players and yes I know its strange but there responsible for moving the ball around. Last season Xavi and Iniesta formed a great partnership but with injuries I never managed to get them on the pitch at the same time.

Im tempted to cut my losses with Zapater and buy someone else as well as a new striker so that i can farm out Bojan. With the budget standing at 76 million that shouldnt be a problem but Im worried that it will mess up the team again. Decisions Decisions.......

As far as Champions league is concerned, were trough to the first round knock out against Rangers, 2 years in a row. The progress wasnt smooth sailing as we conceded quite a few goals but never the less it all went as planed

League Table

guys im in january of the first season,and i was given £22 million which i blew in the first month of the seasonm,do the board give you any money or do you have to wait till next seasons budget? im not to bothered coz im foing well and im 6 points clear,but id like to get aguero for £29 million before he signs a new contract

Archived