FM08 - F.C Barcelona - Home Of The Spanish Giants

jonahno6

Hey guys, has anyone considered using 3-4-3 with Barca? I'm thinking about creating one as my new challenge next season. Because it looks like I'm gonna win the treble again with 4-4-2 after three successful seasons with variations of 4-3-3.

Here is how I invision the formation:

GK = Valdes

DCR = Ramos

DC = Albiol

DCL = Abidal (he's 31 so I would get Criscito)

WBR = Alves/ or Lahm

WBL = Traore/ or Lahm

MCd = Iniesta

MCa = Fabregas

FCR = Bojan/ Ronaldo

FC = Pato

FCL = Messi/ Dos Santos

Ronaldo and Dos Santos are already accomplished FC's as I like my players to be able to play as many postions as possible.I also have Aguero coming in the summer for $86m and I'm waiting for Vela to sign on a free. Eto'o is going to be transfer listed and hopefully sold then.

The wingbacks will have short farrows and the two side FC's will be with sarrows.What say you?

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished 3 seasons with Barca now. I won the title every season and also won CL title in season 2.

I've had succes with a very offensive formation:

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

MC (with short barrow)

MC (with short farrow)

AMR (with short sarrow towards center)

AML (with short sarrow towards center)

SC

SC

This has worked as a charm using the positional default instructions with few modifications (mostly for the MC's)

It also gives a reasonal amount of appearances for the young talents (dos Santos and Bojan), so they become top class in 2 seasons.

Hey guys.

I'm about to start a game playing as Barca. It would be great if anyone could upload a tactic they've enjoyed big success with. Some people might consider this cheating, but my tactics have never worked out very well..icon_frown.gif

So, is there a tactic that will work great for Barca?

Thanks in advance.

Hey all!

Just starting a new Barca game. So far investing in youth with Saivet, Wijnaldum and Marcelo all recent signings. In talks with Lahm to be a lenghty replacment for Zambrotta and thinking about signing Menez as cover for my wings! Also keeping a very close eye on Pique may put an offer for him to be a replacemnt for the aging Marquez. So overall im looking to dominate football now and also have enough talent for a few years.

I keep you posted icon14.gif

Very happy with my preseason buys so far

In:

Saivet-500k-Bordeaux

Marcelo-5.5m-Real Madrid

Wijnaldum-275k-Feyenoord

Pique-11.75m-Man Utd

Lahm-20.5m-FC Bayern

Menez-10.5m-FC Sochaux

Out:

Zambrotta-10.5m-Chelsea

Thuram-Loan-Lyon

So i feel i can quite succsessfully take Barcelona to great and bigger achievements!

Keep you updated on my progress icon14.gif

Originally posted by yonko:

Oh BTW I bought Traore on the last day of January for 100m. upfront + 76m. after 50 league games. The best left back!!!QUOTE]

Don't want to annoy you Yonko but I have just signed Traore on a FREE transfer for start of 2010/2011 season!

I know it wasn't really your 100m you spent but what a waste! icon_wink.gif

I started my barcelona career last week and have just finished my first season

2007/2008 transfers

In:

Marcelo - LB 5.5m Real Madrid

Igor Akinfeev - GK 12.5m CSKA Moscow

Breno - CB 8m sao paolo

Out:

Thiago - Free

Alex Sanchez 40k

Played a 4-3-3

GK-valdez/akinfeev

RB-zambrotta/puyol

LB-abidal/marcelo

CB-millito/thuram

CB-breno/puyol

CM-Toure/deco/dos santos

CM-Xavi/deco/dos santos

CM-Iniesta/deco

FL-Ron/Henry

FC-Eto'o/Bojan/Henry

FR-Messi/Dos Santos

Top Goal Scorer Was Eto'o with 31

Top Assista Was Ron with 19

Highest Average Rating Ron (7.32)

Most M.O.T.M Henry 10

Worst Discipline Iniesta 9 yellows/1 red

Results Won D1 , Champions League bt inter 2-0 And Spanish Cup bet zaragoza 3-1

Very happy with my performaces and the board seemed to agree with a transfer budget of 170m so i decided to make sum changes.

Transfers

In:

Mascherano - DM Free Liverpool

Francesc Fabregas - CM 73m Liverpool

Cristian Zaccardo - RB 15m Palermo

Carlos Tevez - FC 70m Manchester Unites(my ass man said i needed backup for my attack and i thought he was the man for the job)

Total - 158m

Out:

Henry Valencia 17m too old for me

Marquez Real Madrid 7.5m too old

Yaya Toure 11.25m got mascherano on a free so why not

Xavi 17.25m had fabreagas

Gudjohnsen 3.5m didnt feature

Olegur 2.8m didnt featue

Total - 58m

I'm playing the same 4-3-3 and iniesta fabregas and mascherano have been dominating the midfield so far.

i'm excited about this season and ill keep updated

Mr Everton - It's hardly a waste. Traore is the best fullback in my game! When I saw how much he had developed his contract was til 2014. It was in the 3rd season - Pat Rice must've extended Traore's contract when he took over after Wenger left for Inter.

Anyway, here is a little update. I won another treble finishing my 4th season. I have to say, it was the hardest of all. I was changing my formations, experimenting, but still finished La Liga without a lost - 29 wins 9 draws GD= 89-11. Beat Zaragoza 4-1 in the Copa del Rey Final. In the CL Final I won 2-0 against Real. Ronaldo scored both goals. He was amazing this past season - best player in CL. Bojan was my top overall scorer with 33 goals, 21 in La Liga.He was my best player in Spain. The kid is a total monster - best forward in my game!

On the transfer market I got some nice freebies. Krul from Newcastle, Jonathan Evans from Man U, Alfaro from Sevilla and Vela from Arsenal. This guy Alfaro is some freak who has developed very nicely - check him out. He is 24 now and starts at Sevilla B team. He is AMRC,FC and he looks better player than Jesus Navas!

Then I bought some players. Aguero for $86m. (agreed mid-season) and Miguel Torres for $15.75m from Real M. He had a release fee (15.75) and was just negotiating new contract with them. Then I stepped in and stole him away icon_biggrin.gif. He is 25 now and I like his versetile attributes. I sold Yaya Toure to Juve for $19m. Moved Puyol, Xavi, Abidal and Eto'o to the B team - don't need them any more.

Started the 5th season by winning the Spanish Supercup vs Zaragoza beating them 4-2 away and 3-1 at home. Aguero scored double in both games. Then won my opening La Liga game vs. Albacete at home - 4-1. Aguero scored 2 again, Bojan and Ronaldo added the others. I'm using 4-4-2 this season, here is the line-up with cover for every position:

GK - 1.Valdes/ 12.Carrizo/Krul

DR - 2.Torres/ 15.Alves

DL - 3.Traore/ 16.Lahm

DC - 4.Ramos/ 21.Valiente (back from loan and awesome!)

DC - 5.Albiol/ 19.Pique

MCd - 8.Iniesta/ 13.Zapater

MCa - 14.Fabregas/ 6.Crossas (also awesome after loan spells)

RW - 7.Ronaldo/ 24.Alfaro

LW - 11.Messi/ 17.Dos Santos

FC - 10.Aguero/ 20.Vela

FC - 9.Bojan/ 18.Pato

Cabral (out on loan again), Evans, Espadrin (awesome, but out on loan again), Piatti and Pozzi stay in my B team. On my shortlist I have only 4 transfer tartgets left - Criscito DLC, Baragan D/WB R, Javi Martinez MC and Giovinco AMLC, FC. Criscito and Giovinco are still at Juve and playing awesome. Baragan is at Newcastle and doing a good job for them. They are going to play in the CL for a second season in a row. Javi Martinez is at Lazio since the second season and looks like great player.

That's it for now.

Yonko,

I'm pretty sure many people would be interested in trying out your 4-4-2, myself included icon_wink.gif . Why not make it available for download?

The same actually goes for your original 4-3-3. I'd like to see that in order to compare it with my own, as we've discussed this formation quite a bit earlier in this thread. Enjoyed that a lot!

Yonko - Didn't mean it was a waste as such. Was trying to be clever by saying he cost you $100 million were as I managed to steal him on a free! icon_wink.gif

Looks quality on my game too - can't wait for him to sign on 1st July.

What do you think of this... Robinho on a free!? His contract is up at the end of the season and in his personal section of his profile it says - "has not ruled out the possibilty of leaving on a bosman".

Have offered him £125k a week and 8 million signing-on-fee but he has rejected saying "he wants to explore all options available to him".

Would he become the next "Figo"??

Originally posted by rune_star:

Yonko,

I'm pretty sure many people would be interested in trying out your 4-4-2, myself included icon_wink.gif . Why not make it available for download?

The same actually goes for your original 4-3-3. I'd like to see that in order to compare it with my own, as we've discussed this formation quite a bit earlier in this thread. Enjoyed that a lot!

Well, first of all I haven't figured out how to upload anything. I need to learn so I can post not only tactics but also screenshots.

Second, when it comes to tactics I might not be the best guy to copy from...There is a reason why I play mostly with the big teams such as Barca. I like making the big superstars I watch on TV play the way I want and also I can have money to make dream teams. So in a nutshell my tactics depend on the players I have and/or can buy!

Third, my current 4-4-2 is still very experimental. The MCd started in the DM position originally. Then that player moved next to the MCa with a little different instructions. Even now as I write this I have an idea how to make it work better and can't wait to play. Maybe that's the secret to my endless (for now icon_wink.gif) success - I keep changing my tactics (and sometimes even formation) every 5-10 games. I have the players - they are superstars and very versetile!

In general, every tactic I've made for FM08 so far has individual mentalities in the normal range (most dead center of normal) except the 2DC who are defensive. All my tactics persue the idea of possession and control. I like passing, movement and speed. So these are the players I like. Also I like all my defenders to tackle including the fullbacks - that's why I can't accept Marcelo as DL icon_biggrin.gif.

I'll tell you what...let me do some more testing/tweaking of the 4-4-2 and I'll get back to you. I'm forced to use it due to the many quality forwards I have now. So this is new for me. 4-3-3 is my favorite formation - IRL I'm youth soccer coach and I use it with the kids! In the meantime, let's discus...ask me what aspect of it you're interested. If I remember corectly we talked about things in midfield - 2MC's + DM....

Originally posted by Mr Everton:

Yonko - Didn't mean it was a waste as such. Was trying to be clever by saying he cost you $100 million were as I managed to steal him on a free! icon_wink.gif

Looks quality on my game too - can't wait for him to sign on 1st July.

What do you think of this... Robinho on a free!? His contract is up at the end of the season and in his personal section of his profile it says - "has not ruled out the possibilty of leaving on a bosman".

Have offered him £125k a week and 8 million signing-on-fee but he has rejected saying "he wants to explore all options available to him".

Would he become the next "Figo"??

Why do you need Robinho? What players you currently have on your team? What year are you? I think it's better if you get Ramos and later that other guy Torres from them.

IMHO, all you really need to add to your offence is Fabregas, C.Ronaldo and Aguero to replace Eto'o and Henry when they get older. Once I added Ronaldo (Jan. of 2nd season) I didn't need Ronaldinho that much for example. Same happened with Fabregas replacing the need for Deco/Xavi.

Good luck to you though. Update me where you at!

I think it is just the fact of getting him on a free transfer from Madrid! He seems to score every game I look at of Madrid's... Many I don't need him.

My team is on page 3 of this thread...

I'm in February 2010. Have won the treble each year.

I'm going to try and sign Fabregas in the summer. Messi and Navas are playing really well for me so can't justify signing Ronaldo.

Will see what happens...

Will keep you posted!

Everton, Messi and Ronaldo are my favorite players IRL so for me I had to get them together. Navas may be playing good but you should check that Alfaro (AMRC,FC) guy from Sevilla B team. In my game he seems as very well developed all around midfielder.

Now, about my 4-4-2...it ain't going so well. I'm still winning but I don't like what I see in the 2D screen. I can't find the right balance as I have with the 4-3-3. Last season I tried 3-4-3 (3 DC + 2 WB + 2 MC + 3 FC) for a few games but I didn't like it either. I guess my heart and mind belong to the 4-3-3. icon_smile.gif At the moment I'm stuck with all this quality players and I don't have a clue how to fit them into a system that will work.

I'm wondering if a hybrid system between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 will work. Something like this:

------------------GK--------------

-----DR-------DC------DC-------DL

------------------DM-------------

------------------MC-------------

-----AMR-----------------------AML

-------------FC---------FC--------

I'll use my instructions from the 4-3-3 I used the first three seasons and see how it goes and then I'll report back. Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been so greedy buying all this forwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif

Nice team. But I prefer my 1st 11:

Ustari, Richards, Criscito, Zapata, Albiol, Fabregas, Silva, Ronaldo, Messi, Bojan, Aguero.

Actually, I prefer my sub 11 too:

Akinfeev, Vanden Borre, Clichy, Pique, Kompany, Lucas, Iniesta, G.dos Santos, Ronaldinho, Vela, Saivet.

Come to think of it, my reserve 11 aren't too bad:

Bouzanis, Rafinha, Pander, Garay, Felipe, Banega, Lulinha, Celsinho, M.Fernandez, Balotelli, Gyan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buddy, why are you playing Richards and Criscito as full-backs? Aren't they better in the center of defense? I personally like my full-backs to go forward all the time and cross good balls = attacking full-backs. Hence, I think Ramos/Alves on the right and Traore/Lahm on the left is the best in the game. With the players available to you I would line-up like this: Ustari - Rafinha, Clichy, Albiol, Criscito - Lucas, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Silva - Messi, Bojan.

In my game though, Albiol and Pique have formed an amazing partnership in the middle of my defense. But despite that I am think of bringing in Criscito as well. He looks like a monster in 2011! I think it all depends on how these gems develop each game. When I look at a player I'm interested in buying, I pay attention to how good his selected/position specific attributes and current (sometimes also past/history) form are.

On my save, Richards and Zapata have been struggling despite big money moves. Micah moved to Tottenham but they still aren't CL team. Zapata is at Man U partnering Rio insplace of Vidic but his AVR has always been below 7.00

Silva preferred a move to Real M instead of coming to my All-Star team. I guess he was affraid of competing for place with Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho and Dos Santos. The first two of the four mentioned are absolutely 100% better than him anyway. And everyone knows the potential of Giovanni, right?

Anyway, good luck with your team! Let me know how it goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean. I usually play attacking full-backs to get up there and make some crosses etc, but I have a very offensive formation right now, and I don't play a DM so I like to keep my 4 defenders back. This way I concede about a goal every 2 matches, and with my powerful attacking force I score about 3 a game on average. I bought Traore too, so I usually give him and Clichy a match once in a while - but Criscito is a solid defender and he stops the attacks from that wing.

I haven't given Rafinha a match in like 3 seasons. His stats are good, but I would prefer Kompany to play RB if Richards is unavailable. Kompany is quite good at getting up there and helping with attacks, but he's also a solid defender.

I recommend that you do buy Criscito (if you haven't done so already). He really is great and I'm thinking of playing him CB for my 5th season (just noticed a LB regen in my squad that's absolute class and only 20). Although if Albiol and Pique are performing well, you shouldn't waste your money, especially if you can't get him cheap. It might take him a while to settle in, and he might not be as good a partner as the other 2.

Zapata and Richards are performing OK for me, usually getting a rating of 7,1 per season. Yes, Silva is great but I prefer Ronaldo and Messi, they're unstoppable. Silva kinda shines in a couple games, then he's just a guy in the background for a few games. With stats like his, he should be creating havoc every match.

I never usually give Giovanni a 1st team chance. Everyone does say he's great, but his stats don't seem outstanding - or not atm anyway. Maybe he still has some developing to do, but 5 seasons in, he's not one of my top players yet. Then again, the visible stats don't determine everything, and I'm sure if I give him the chance, he might be something special.

Thanks for the advice, and if you bought Criscito, lemme know hw he's doing for you.

Everton, Messi and Ronaldo are my favorite players IRL so for me I had to get them together. Navas may be playing good but you should check that Alfaro (AMRC,FC) guy from Sevilla B team. In my game he seems as very well developed all around midfielder.

Now, about my 4-4-2...it ain't going so well. I'm still winning but I don't like what I see in the 2D screen. I can't find the right balance as I have with the 4-3-3. Last season I tried 3-4-3 (3 DC + 2 WB + 2 MC + 3 FC) for a few games but I didn't like it either. I guess my heart and mind belong to the 4-3-3. icon_smile.gif At the moment I'm stuck with all this quality players and I don't have a clue how to fit them into a system that will work.

I'm wondering if a hybrid system between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 will work. Something like this:

I'll use my instructions from the 4-3-3 I used the first three seasons and see how it goes and then I'll report back. Damn, I knew I shouldn't have been so greedy buying all this forwards.

that is exactly the tactic i use you shud check my thread link is little bit up on this page. it works wonders have only lost like 2 games all season and drawn 3/4 and won the rest score 2.9 goals a game and concede rougly 0.6 a game.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yonko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Valdes, Ramos, Traore, Albiol, Pique, Iniesta, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Messi, Pato and Bojan. How about that, ah?! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon14.gif

Nice team. But I prefer my 1st 11:

Ustari, Richards, Criscito, Zapata, Albiol, Fabregas, Silva, Ronaldo, Messi, Bojan, Aguero.

Actually, I prefer my sub 11 too:

Akinfeev, Vanden Borre, Clichy, Pique, Kompany, Lucas, Iniesta, G.dos Santos, Ronaldinho, Vela, Saivet.

Come to think of it, my reserve 11 aren't too bad:

Bouzanis, Rafinha, Pander, Garay, Felipe, Banega, Lulinha, Celsinho, M.Fernandez, Balotelli, Gyan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buddy, why are you playing Richards and Criscito as full-backs? Aren't they better in the center of defense? I personally like my full-backs to go forward all the time and cross good balls = attacking full-backs. Hence, I think Ramos/Alves on the right and Traore/Lahm on the left is the best in the game. With the players available to you I would line-up like this: Ustari - Rafinha, Clichy, Albiol, Criscito - Lucas, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Silva - Messi, Bojan.

In my game though, Albiol and Pique have formed an amazing partnership in the middle of my defense. But despite that I am think of bringing in Criscito as well. He looks like a monster in 2011! I think it all depends on how these gems develop each game. When I look at a player I'm interested in buying, I pay attention to how good his selected/position specific attributes and current (sometimes also past/history) form are.

On my save, Richards and Zapata have been struggling despite big money moves. Micah moved to Tottenham but they still aren't CL team. Zapata is at Man U partnering Rio insplace of Vidic but his AVR has always been below 7.00

Silva preferred a move to Real M instead of coming to my All-Star team. I guess he was affraid of competing for place with Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho and Dos Santos. The first two of the four mentioned are absolutely 100% better than him anyway. And everyone knows the potential of Giovanni, right?

Anyway, good luck with your team! Let me know how it goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean. I usually play attacking full-backs to get up there and make some crosses etc, but I have a very offensive formation right now, and I don't play a DM so I like to keep my 4 defenders back. This way I concede about a goal every 2 matches, and with my powerful attacking force I score about 3 a game on average. I bought Traore too, so I usually give him and Clichy a match once in a while - but Criscito is a solid defender and he stops the attacks from that wing.

I haven't given Rafinha a match in like 3 seasons. His stats are good, but I would prefer Kompany to play RB if Richards is unavailable. Kompany is quite good at getting up there and helping with attacks, but he's also a solid defender.

I recommend that you do buy Criscito (if you haven't done so already). He really is great and I'm thinking of playing him CB for my 5th season (just noticed a LB regen in my squad that's absolute class and only 20). Although if Albiol and Pique are performing well, you shouldn't waste your money, especially if you can't get him cheap. It might take him a while to settle in, and he might not be as good a partner as the other 2.

Zapata and Richards are performing OK for me, usually getting a rating of 7,1 per season. Yes, Silva is great but I prefer Ronaldo and Messi, they're unstoppable. Silva kinda shines in a couple games, then he's just a guy in the background for a few games. With stats like his, he should be creating havoc every match.

I never usually give Giovanni a 1st team chance. Everyone does say he's great, but his stats don't seem outstanding - or not atm anyway. Maybe he still has some developing to do, but 5 seasons in, he's not one of my top players yet. Then again, the visible stats don't determine everything, and I'm sure if I give him the chance, he might be something special.

Thanks for the advice, and if you bought Criscito, lemme know hw he's doing for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I am tempted to buy Criscito as he looks amazing - he's got great defensive attributes for centerback, but in addition he has 13 for crossing and 18 for off the ball in my game. Acceleration is 15 and pace is 14, but I'm sure with my trainning he could up those by 1 point each.

BTW, did you check my updated squad for the 5th season? What do you think of my strike force - Bojan, Aguero, Pato and Vela? I think I'm set for like the next 8 or 9 seasons icon_biggrin.gif. I'll tell you too, check this guy Alfaro from Sevilla.

Originally posted by SkidRo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yonko:

that is exactly the tactic i use you shud check my thread link is little bit up on this page. it works wonders have only lost like 2 games all season and drawn 3/4 and won the rest score 2.9 goals a game and concede rougly 0.6 a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I just checked it. On mine, tempo is very slow and passing is very short. My D-line is middle of normal and CD is a little lower than yours.

My fullbacks have only FWR and Cross on often, RWB, LS and TTB are rarely. Mentality is second notch of normal. The DM has mixed Long Shots and TTB, low mixed passing and same mentality as the fullbacks. The MC has mixed CD, Mixed passing, FWR often, RWB mixed, Long Shots mixed, TTB often, Cross mixed and his mentality is around 12-13ish.

Wingers have what I consider standart set-up - high normal mentality, high normal CF, team passing, team CD, FWR mixed, RWB often, LS rarely, TTB mixed, Cross often and from byline.

Both of my forwards are set-up the same, as I would set-up a single FC in 4-3-3. Mentality is middle of normal, CF normal, FWR mixed, RWB often, LS rarely, TTB mixed (sometimes often for one of them) and no Crosses. This gives my midfield two targets to play to.

So far I've played three though games: away to Sevilla=win 4-1, home to Atletic Bilbao=win 3-0 and away to Villareal=win 4-1. I liked what I saw, so I'm gonna keep going with it.It's amazing how in all three matches my two midfielders dominated the middle of the field. I used Zapater+Iniesta for the away games with Fabregas coming in as a sub for Iniesta. For the home game I used Iniesta as DM and Fabregas infront of him.

I'll play some more later and update you all.

yeah my centre mids dominate play as well but mainly because i play through the middle. and players like deco and xavi score wquite a few goals from outside the box because of their high long shots and deco especially as his preferred move is to shot from long range but sometimes he goes overboard with it. its a nice tactic i just hope it stays consistant thru my second season also as im bit lost at wat new tactic to try if i am forced to.

My variation has no arrows and I play to both wings.

I'm still working to make it better. I'm sticking with slow tempo/short passing (DM+MC on mixed passing though) and higher pressing via higher D-Line.

Although not consistent enough yet, I've won all my games in La Liga so far after 15 rounds. I'm top of the table with 13 points ahead of second place Valencia. In CL group stage I've won 4 and drew 2 games so I'm through to the next stage.

I had to grind some results in some games. For example, I won away vs. Atletico M 3-2 after being 2-0 down at halftime. Also, drew 2-2 away to Sporting Lisboa in CL game, after going 2-0 down in the first half. This season is very difficult as more and more teams play very defensive against me, with sudden bursts of attacking switch play. So I'm always on my toes. At least it's challenging and interesting!

My biggest problem is getting the DM+MC to work well. Zapater (DM role), Iniesta (both positions) and Fabregas (MC role) are playing very inconsistently. I'm sure it's not because they are bad players, but because I have to find the right settings that work for them and the whole team.

My forwards are also inconsistent, but one of the four always seems to explode at the right time. This is because I have four top-class young attackers, who I rotate often. Every game I have hard time picking two of four to start with, one as a sub and one out of selection. My greed is my nightmare icon_biggrin.gif

Defense is great and easy to select/rotate. My strongest and most consistent performances come from my wingers. Ronaldo and Messi are playing better than ever with any other formation/ set of instructions! Dos Santos and Alfaro do the same but to a lesser degree, especially Alfaro. He's still adjusting to my team.

I'll report later again.

Hello All after starting a barca game these are my Transfers.

Ins:

Henri Saivet - Free

Jose San Roman - 50k

Sergio Aguero - 29.5M

Matias Fernandez - 11.5M

Andrea Barzagli - 12M

Outs:

Deco - 14.25M

Sylvinho - Free

Samuel Eto'o - 18.5M

Thierry Henry - 20M

Henri Saivet - Loan

So far so good, I think thats my transfers done Pre-Season!

Roll On!

you shud have kept at least henry or eto they are both sensational first season you def needed one of them but maybe you can get by with aguero. you alos could have gotten barzagli for cheaper i usually get him for 5.5 first season as he goes on transfer list but no biggie. im not sure whether you needed matias fernadez the team has messi, ronaldinho and dos santos also gudjohnson can play in the wings and does very good there for me anyways.

Hey Everyone!

Heres my Update for you!

Team:

blehad6.png

So far so good! I payed Over-The odds for Ricardo Queresma because i singed him in the last hour of the last day of the transfer window, I was about to Sign Babel Or Walcott but Liverpool & Arsenal wouldnt accept 25M!

My transfers out went well! Ronaldinho HAD to go, the over-rated Bucktooth Git! :p

Transfers In/Out:

etid6.png

So, Anyone think these are good? My Transfers in im especcially proud of! How much $$$ do you get if you win the league? In season 2?

Won My First 2 Games Vs

Vallidoid & Athletic!

Started a new Barca game

Ins

Cesc Fabregas £50m

Dani Alves £41.5m

Evra £10m

Richards £40m

Aguero £30m

Total £ 171.5m

Outs

Henry £30m

Deco £17m

Thuram £3m

Marquez £20m

Gudjohnsen £10m

Zambrotta £25m

Adibal £20m

Milito £20m

Deco £10m

Edmilson £2m

Xavi £20m

Total £177m In

1st Team

GK Valdes

LB Evra

RB Alves

CB Puyol

CB Richards

DMC Toure

CM Cesc

CM Iniesta

LW Ronaldinho

RW Messi

ST Eto'o / Aguero

Alot of money in and out but a cracking team.

What a shame!!!??? I can't believe the things you guys are doing with Barca. They have a perfect squad for two seasons to be successfull on all fronts. Why replace half of the team in the first season? There are probably only a couple of upgrades needed after the first season to keep in mind - like Alves, Fabragas and Ronaldo. But if no other team is biding for them one could wait even after the second season to upgrade.

In my game (see previous pages) I was forced to make some transfers I didn't really planned for. Milan offerred me $50m. for Millito and $25m. for Marquez, so I couldn't refuse when I saw that Albiol (28.5m. release clause) and Zapater (13.5m. release clause) could be picked up cheaper. Also, all the big teams started to bid for the unhappy Alves so I didn't want to miss that either. Then Ronaldo became unhappy at Man U in the winter (Ancelotti became the coach and he used his formation 4-3-1-2 without wingers, giving Cristiano only 5 games to play) so used the moment to add him to my squad.

However, I admit that is hard not to be greedy with Barca as they get insane amount of money every season. I'm guilty of that too in my last couple of seasons. Now I have problem fitting my 4 top-class young strickers - Vela, Bojan, Pato and Aguero.

Anyway, I just think that everyone should be fine in the first season to be successfull with the original squad.

pretty good teams... But what do you guys think of this.

GK. Valdes

RB. Daniel Alves.

CB. John Terry

CB. Puyol/Richards

LB. Marcelo

DM. Xavi.

CM. Messi

CM. Iniesta

AM. Ronny (with a free role)

CS. Benzema/Eto'o

CS. Sergio Aguero.

Have to say that this is my team after 4 seasons and that i've paid 130 million euro for terry :p.

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

I wouldnt calling it ruining, the players are too old, i was building for the future, Yes, i should of kept Eto'o but we all make mistakes.

Anways, im unbeaten in 25

You could be unbeaten in 25 even with the original squad!

BTW, do you see what AC Milan does with old players? They win cups! In Barca you have an excellent blend of young talent and experienced stars. IMHO one should start buying for Barca in the second season.

Originally posted by Da_Luca23:

pretty good teams... But what do you guys think of this.

GK. Valdes

RB. Daniel Alves.

CB. John Terry

CB. Puyol/Richards

LB. Marcelo

DM. Xavi.

CM. Messi

CM. Iniesta

AM. Ronny (with a free role)

CS. Benzema/Eto'o

CS. Sergio Aguero.

Have to say that this is my team after 4 seasons and that i've paid 130 million euro for terry :p.

I wouldn't spend that much on Terry, TBH. There are plenty of defenders who would be cheaper and better than him - Albiol, Pique, Criscito, Ramos. Where are Bojan and Dos Santos?!

Jesus, do you guys realise that Bojan and Gio are the best young players in the game?! Plus Messi, who is in the top 3 players in the game for like the next 10 seasons. If you gonna spend money, spend it on the best - C.Ronaldo, Silva, Fabregas, Criscito, Alves, Traore, Chielini, etc.

Nearly coming up to the end of the 3rd season, with this squad:

GK - Valdes/Lloris

DR - Dani Alves/Silvestri

DL - Bale/Zambrotta

DC - Mertesacker/Puyol

DC - Albiol/Garay

MC - Veloso/Javi Martinez

MC - Fabregas/Matias Fernandez/Iniesta

MR - Messi/Jesus Navas

ML - Silva/dos Santos

FC - Aguero/Bojan

FC - Pandev/Henry

Have £118m transfer budget (have sold Etoo/Ronaldinho/Deco etc). I need a LB has Zambrotta is getting old, Chiellini isn't interested at the moment. Was also thinking of selling Mertsacker and getting Cristico? Also need to buy a striker with Henry getting old..is Benzema any good?

adonis, for leftback look at Traore from Arsenal - he's a monster for me! Getting Criscito is a good idea. I'm looking at getting him in my team too. He could also play on the leftback position. For a striker look at Vela, Pato or Torres.

Good luck!

p.s. What's your success so far?

Archived