Goals Galore 2010 (for patch 10.2)

Hey I created one thread but I don't where it went.. but anyhoo I'm just giving an update for my newly developed tactic..

GOALS GALORE 2010 v9

Download Goals Galore 2010 v9 New!--> Banging in patch 10.2.

Mediafire Mirror Link

I'm not gonna write much..

The tactic is 4-4-2 diamond.

Team Instructions:

93763199.jpg

Player recomendations:

GK : You know it already

DR/DL (Full Back - Automatic)

Key atributes : Pace, Marking, Tackling, Crossing/Passing, Work Rate, Stamina, Dribbling

Notable example: Rafael da Silva

DC (Central Defender right - Defend )

Key attributes: Key attributes: Tackling, Anticipation, Marking, Acceleration, Concentration

Notable example: Nelson Rivas

DC (Central Defender left - Defend)

Key atributes: Jumping, Heading, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Concentration

Notable example: Philippe Mexes

DMC (Defensive Midf - Defend)

Key attributes: Tackling, Work Rate, Decision, Stamina, Strength, Concentration. Acceleration and Heading are optional.

Notable example: Anthony Annan

ML/MR (Winger - Attack)

Key attributes: Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Balance, Off the Ball

Notable example: Theo Walcott

AMC (Attacking Midfielder - Attack)

Key attributes: Dribbling, Creativity, Flair, Passing, First Touch, Decision, decent Off the Ball. Pace and long shot will make it more effective.

Notable example: Kaka

FC (Target Man - Attack)

Key attributes: Heading, Jumping, Strength, Finishing, Anticipation. Long shot is optional.

Notable example: Oscar Cardozo

FC (Poacher)

Key attributes:Acceleration, Pace, Finishing, Off the ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Agility, Dribbling, Balance, Work Rate.

Notable example: Sergio Aguero

*Put poacher on his strong foot side

Tweaking:

1. Attend Pre-match Advise Meeting and Scout Next Opponent to determine the width, tempo, passing, etc

2. When your DMC got too much red card, set his tackling to mixed or alternatively sub him on 2nd half when he's already booked.

3. Turn off tight marking for full backs if they are slow

4. Turn on tight marking for central defenders if you're confident with their ability.

5. Against long shotter like Lampard, set your DMC to man mark them.

6. Against defensive, lower side: Play wider, slower, shorter and more roaming.

7. A lot is tweaked in Players Instructions, so some changes directly from Team Instructions won't do much. You may have to do it manually.

So here's what I got so far..

In 6th season, scoring averaging 3 goals/game and conceded 0.5 goals/game

champn.jpg

Last season I won the UCL against the almighty Barca.

barcalx.th.jpg

And an example of a match stats

Here's an example of what this tactic is capable of.. See the circled stats

awsm.th.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads/result1_o9q.jpg

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads/stats3_o3G.jpg

The key is to retain the possession while attacking as much as possible.. The flair of this tactic enables it to get many CCCs per game (usually 6-7). On the other end, it forces opponent to do long shots as the defense will be harder to break down as everyone is tweaked in a certain way.

So basically what I done is improved the consistency as well as defense which have been always an issue of the tactic.. while maintaining the attacking flair it has.

Enjoy.

Oh yeah just adding..

When choosing a pitch.. Use the LONG one.Second choice is the MAXIMUM dimension.

im going to adapt this to my barca team as im gettin frustrated with the crap tactics out there. let you know how i get on.

edit: crap! got beat 6-0 by valencia and im barca! gona delete this tactic before i regret buying this f**cking game.

where dya get ya skin please.

First game with a very under-achieving Valencia side, Champions League Playoff First Leg away to Celtic.

Beat them 4-1, having 21 shots. 11 on target. 7 CCC's.

A good start!

Nice start..

That's what a result should look like :p

im going to adapt this to my barca team as im gettin frustrated with the crap tactics out there. let you know how i get on.

edit: crap! got beat 6-0 by valencia and im barca! gona delete this tactic before i regret buying this f**cking game.

Well that's crap. Seriously though, you need to apply any tactic like 5-6 games first before the quality shows.

Mind posting the match stats screenshot and the players rating so I can take a look of what's wrong?

yo mate looks good as always, what skin is that ? and yeh ill leave feed back soon cheers bro

Thanks..

The skin is Xwild something I forgot. You can get it at fm-base.co.uk on the download section. :)

How has this tactic faired up with lesser teams I'm looking to try something new with Reading on my new save ?

With lesser teams, I think this tactic can handle it..

Only I would recommend to tick off the tight mark on defenders so that they can cope with higher skilled strikers and wingers.

I've been testing it with Bishop's Stortford (a team from Blue Square South).

They were predicted 10th or so.. I finished 1st with 100+ goals scored.

Cheers.

Please refrain from swearing and using text speech.

testing with Newcastle Town from Level 9 in England first match Lost 3:0... can't shoot on target :/ missing many shots.
Really unsure about this tactic!

Just been demolished by young boys when im a top 2 premier league side!

Pathetic!

What this guy said..

You can judge a tactic just by playing it once. It needs adapting especially if you have been using a different tactic for a while.

You do know you need to use a tactic for at least 5-10 games to get "real" results?

Make sure you have similar kind of player.. Or if not you have to tweak as I recommended.

update mate using with man utd played 17 games won 15 drawn 2 ......F 41 A 8 ...... it creates huge amounts of CCC per game and dominates and hold possesion very well ,ive put the closing down up a few notches on the CD's it seemed the oppostion strikers had to much room for time to get there shot away so i fixed that lil space .....but you have done very well once again aaaaaadddiii..cheers mate.........ill try with lower league side soon

update mate using with man utd played 17 games won 15 drawn 2 ......F 41 A 8 ...... it creates huge amounts of CCC per game and dominates and hold possesion very well ,ive put the closing down up a few notches on the CD's it seemed the oppostion strikers had to much room for time to get there shot away so i fixed that lil space .....but you have done very well once again aaaaaadddiii..cheers mate.........ill try with lower league side soon

Awesome.. and you tweaked.. more awesome :p

Yeah I think putting more closing down on CD is a good idea.. I've been thinking of implementing that..

thanks mate.

Looking forward for more of your feedbacks :)

I'm getting a little worried..

Is it just working to me or the game is broken somehow?

champn.jpg

Still unbeaten which honestly surprises me, really.

Got some draws against some small teams but that's just the way it is.. Sometimes the team just plays awful and the opponent defense seemed like a rock..

Anyway I don't know why but my wingers is getting ineffective..

It still provide assists, like 25 this season but the crossing have been awful.

I remember in the old patch my pacy winger can just run to the byline and then pass his man. Crosses and Cardozo heads it in.

But now, he's getting marked by 2-3 defenders and everytime he's on the byline, the cross is blocked..

Can anybody help? Or is it just happening to me?

Class tactic ;) (Y)

Thanks Kale.

It has been getting good reviews in some places..

It's not too popular around here :p

I'm seeing some goals against me where strikers have an insane amount of time, and will make the CB adjustment listed above. Has anyone seen improvement having made the change?

They have "insane amount of time" resulting from through ball played through?

Yeah try making the adjustment above..

I'm gonna release something new sometime in near future.. Maybe tomorrow.

Have done a lot of tweaking in terms of both defense and attack.

So watch this space. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys v9 now is out and ready to bang some goals.

I've improved the defense as well as offense.

Tested on some forums - getting a lot of, most actually, very positive feedbacks with many scoring and clean sheets.

Actually it was voted as the best tactic on here

So hopefully you guys here can enjoy playing with the tactic as much as I do. :)

That will probably be the final version, for now, at least until the wingers bug gets fixed.

Give me feedbacks and inputs on which area you think is good and needs to be improved.

I'm open for your own tweaking.

Cheers.

If only this was out a day or so ago :( I don't fancy throwing in this tactic halfway through the season. The previous version is working very well! Although as you say the defence needed working on. Had quite a few 3-3s and 4-2s. Two of each this season and I'm only about 10 games in.

If only this was out a day or so ago :( I don't fancy throwing in this tactic halfway through the season. The previous version is working very well! Although as you say the defence needed working on. Had quite a few 3-3s and 4-2s. Two of each this season and I'm only about 10 games in.

Ah too bad.. Yeah employing a new tactic halfway through a season is not exactly a good idea. Need sacrificing a couple of games.

But if you do decide to test it out.. give me feedback.

It should be more solid defensively.. but still I don't really focus on it

My philosophy is if you score two, Imma score eight in return. :D

Although it lost, you can say well it was good because I had a clear dominion over them, and moreover I played with one player less almost the entire second half.

In only two shots they had on goal scorecard goal.

acmilanvrmadrid.png

Thanks for trying it out.

Well it's the first game and you're using it halfway through a season.

So give 10 games or so before the tactic effect really kicks in.

Cheers.

Decided to give this tactic a go with my Liverpool team. Although my squad is fairly strong, I must say that this tactic has worked wonders. 7-0-0 in Premier League so far, with 20-2 in goal difference, and went on hammering Ajax 5-2 away. Great tactic, aaannndddiii!

Just wondering about a few things. Do you use OI on any other than decent long shooters? Gave my assistant a chance to set OI's before a league cup match against City, but that ended up with City leading 7 -1 i goal attempts after 10 minutes.

I also wonder about the playmaker. In your OP screenshot, I saw you used AMC as the playmaker, but when loading this tactic, that role is automatically set to the right hand striker. Which player should have the playmaker role?

Cheers

Thanks. Glad it scores load of goals and defense well.

Sometimes I uses OI according to what my assistant advises me to. Some particular dangerous players will get special treatment

Tight mark is used against single strikers, AMCs

Closing down against long shotters and playmaker

Show onto foot to almost every attacking players

Tackling i left them.

Or if you got assistant manager with good tactical knowledge (18+) just ask him to do it :)

I don't use OI against low division, weaker teams though.

Playmaker is AMC. :)

4th season with Juve, 4th tactic I want to try ! Won Serie every time but Europe hasn't been great yet, and I want to play better football, and this one looks great, I never played with a diamond tho ! I'll report back when I have some data :)

Finished the season so will be implementing the new one :D

Fwiw, this is with the old tactic (Goals Galore 2010, Leeds Nov 2012) these were the results. Also, the same tactic brought me from the 3rd Division to the 1st Division with consecutive first place finishes. I finished 6th in my debut Bundesliga season. This is the results for my second season in the Bundesliga.

Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Oh and this was awesome :cool:

ecfinal.jpg

4th season with Juve, 4th tactic I want to try ! Won Serie every time but Europe hasn't been great yet, and I want to play better football, and this one looks great, I never played with a diamond tho ! I'll report back when I have some data :)

Okay mate.

Thanks.

Finished the season so will be implementing the new one :D

Fwiw, this is with the old tactic (Goals Galore 2010, Leeds Nov 2012) these were the results. Also, the same tactic brought me from the 3rd Division to the 1st Division with consecutive first place finishes. I finished 6th in my debut Bundesliga season. This is the results for my second season in the Bundesliga.

Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Oh and this was awesome :cool:

ecfinal.jpg

That is awesome...

Since youre using the old version and all, you can see how it concedes "few" goals. :p

But since the whole point is attacking and creating a lot of chances, it pays of as you can see through the goals scored.

Yes?

Yeah hopefully the new version will fix the defense thingy.

Halfway season, I can't say I'm impressed, it's the first time I'm not on top of the Serie A at the end of december, but I had some bad luck and the opposition seems strong this season (Inter and Palermo are above me atm). My worst game was the first league match and the best was the second. I had never scored more than 5 goals so far, that record has been broken, it's 6 now, so that's good :p I'm doing pretty good away versus big teams, got some problems against smaller teams, both away and home, probably a motivating thing.

DiamondTest1.png

I must say my strikers are or old (Amauri 32, Iaquinta 33 and I stopped using him) or very young (Lukaku 19 and a 18 year old regen), so I'm pretty sure I'll improve in scoring when those younger guys take over the torch. I'll probably be buying a good one next season.

Defensive I'm pretty happy, a lot of the goals I conceded were big errors.

My wingers also have to adapt playing at MR/L instead of AMR/L like I did for 3 seasons so those are all things that will improve. They are not always playign as I want to, I changed 'run from deep' to 'often', seems a bit better, but still.

Clear cut chances have gone up, which is very good.

The only thing I struggle with is setting the defensive line, standard you put it quite deep, I tried many things and I can't really decide what's best, especially against mediocre teams away and home.

So far I like the tactic, my underachieving in the league is probably not the tactic's fault, but a combination of being unlucky and being lazy versus weaker teams ;)

The longer I use this tactic, the less clear cut chances we create, aka less goals. Finished below Inter (15 points !), 'only' scored 66 goals, where from 5 penalties, 4 free kicks and 16 corners. Started second season with it (I still believe in it), but it's getting worse while my players are getting better. I tried something strange, I have put the ML and MR on the AML and AMR positions in home games and when I had to take risks. I changed to this when I played home against Barça when I was 0-1 behind, won 3-1 with 3 goals in last 8 minutes. But I'm afraid of using that as I'm then switchign tactics every time and I believe that's bad for a team.

I decided to go another season with it and changes less, only some home, away and big team tweaks. And it showed ! I had an amazing record in the Serie A, I didn't concede in 23 straight games ... sick ! Goals galore it's not though, but so many clean sheets proves this tactic can really be reliable defence wise at least !

ugh, i lost against my reserves team 2-0

Haha really? Somehow I don't believe that if ur using a normal team.

I decided to go another season with it and changes less, only some home, away and big team tweaks. And it showed ! I had an amazing record in the Serie A, I didn't concede in 23 straight games ... sick ! Goals galore it's not though, but so many clean sheets proves this tactic can really be reliable defence wise at least !

Nice. What tweaks in particular you did mostly?

It's awesome about the defense. I've never gone to that clean sheet streaks.

For the goals, well this patch really doesn't suit with the tactic as the wing plays is now pretty much dead and the through balls through the middle is blocked. THe only better chances is from an angle.

Back then in FM.Base this tactic was chosen as the best tactic around by the members and some mods, so I know it can really score without the winger bug and 'horizonal' CCC bug. Hopefully 10.3 fix this and it'll be as good as it used to be.

cragsfw's version of hough's complete dominance was around there too.

Anyway. Great result and nice to see somebody tweaks it around.

Mind posting the tweaked version here mate? :)

Archived