Gypsum's conference wonderkids Sign-up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Quincy Klapatross- Starting the season reluctantly at Bolton, it soon became clear that Quincy had his heart set on a move to a bigger club. This meant that in the first half of the season he made just 5 starts, although in that time he managed to score 2 with a 7.40 rating. But the Dutch international was finally released in the transfer window after a £19 million offer from Arsenal. Klapatross quickly signed the £44,500 a week contract an made the move to the Emirates. And so far his move has been a success, making 5 starts he has bagged 3 goals with 1 assist and an excellent 7.80 rating. He will hope to be in manager Alan Irvine’s plans as the team attempt to improve on their placing of sixth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. icon_cool.gif

Should benefit from top class facilities.

Good stuff, KIU. icon14.gif

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

Jose Manuel Arevalo- Since leaving French side Toulouse for Espanyol, Jose hasn’t looked back. Slotting straight in to the first eleven, the strong centre-back has made 24 starts scoring 1 with 3 MoM awards and an impressive rating of 7.17. Form which has been the key to Espanyol finding themselves in fourth place in the top Spanish division. Jose has also taken his tally of international caps to 41 for an Andorran side who have conceded 25 goals in their last 7 games. Jose is understandably enjoying playing for the club, and will hope to cap the season with a European place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

At last Bobinho has moved from Middlesbrough! icon_smile.gif

Do Celtic still get in the champions league? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic are in the UEFA Cup and are through to the first knockout round against Nurnberg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whitehead:

Ben Whitehead- As a new signing at a

What a player, how's Roma doing in europe or arent they in it?

Who else is in the England squad?

How can roma be third when they got Me icon_cool.gif Messi and Santos going forward icon_wink.gif

2 Goals in 5 internation games icon_biggrin.gif Can't ask for much more than that, some strikers struggle to have a record like that. icon_razz.gif

Great work gypsum KUTGW icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roma are through to the first knockout round and are drawn against Porto.

ENGLAND SQUAD 2013

A lot of Roma players have actually got really good ratings, mostly averaging over 7's. Unfortunately they just aren't faring well against the other big Italian clubs. But every game they lose is only by a single goal, so i'd put it down to some bad luck due to a squad stretched by league and cup commitments.

who taught me to play on the right? Am i better on the right than the left icon_eek.gif i'm just to good, that means me and messi must swap sides then lol like ronaldo does for Utd. We cant stay in one position.

I'm better than Wright-Phillips and Walcott and Gerrard icon_eek.gif Same i'm not as good as McCarthy on the left or am I just he's better than all those staed aswell but can only play on the left? icon_biggrin.gif

up and coming world cup on the game, how are all nations invloved with this progressing?

I hate the italian league can't Roma move to spain and so the spanish how to play? lol

oh well Champions league win will do us some good.

How did we beat to get through to next round?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whitehead:

who taught me to play on the right? Am i better on the right than the left icon_eek.gif i'm just to good, that means me and messi must swap sides then lol like ronaldo does for Utd. We cant stay in one position.

I'm better than Wright-Phillips and Walcott and Gerrard icon_eek.gif Same i'm not as good as McCarthy on the left or am I just he's better than all those staed aswell but can only play on the left? icon_biggrin.gif

up and coming world cup on the game, how are all nations invloved with this progressing?

I hate the italian league can't Roma move to spain and so the spanish how to play? lol

oh well Champions league win will do us some good.

How did we beat to get through to next round? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're rated equally well on the left or right. McCarthy varies between left-back and left wing for his country, although he pretty much only plays in midfield for his club. Wright-phillips is the regular right-winger for England with you on the left. I think they just like having the options which you two provide.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by follow the blind:

gypsum if its not ttoo much trouble can i jsut ask how many shots on goal frketson has had and how many goals he has actually scored?

cheers mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately i've just holidayed forward to the end of the season. I can give you the stats as of now as a sneak preview. Or I could include them in the next update if you'd prefer. Your choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by follow the blind:

yeah just inculde them in thext update, thanks bud </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. Hopefully the next update will be tonight.

How are the updates coming?

did we qualify/compete in the 2014 worldcup?

How did everone do?

Did Roma Win in Europe or fall at the final hurdle?

did we improve on 7th? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Writing them up now. Probably won't have them finished until tomorrow though i'm afraid.

Qualification is still running, but England are top of their group at the moment.

I'll tell you the last one's in the update icon_wink.gif

End of season 2012/13 update

Adaminho - With the striker set to join Portsmouth when his contract expires in the summer, Adaminho’s desire to perform for Rangers hasn’t faded. And the fan favourite will be missed with the form he showed this season. In 34 appearances he bagged 15 goals and 3 assists with a 7.15 rating which won him second place in the SPL Football writer’s layer of the year award. But even he couldn’t help Rangers improve on their position of second in the league, where they finished 8 points behind bitter rivals Celtic. The striker also scored in the Scottish cup final against Hibernian, but couldn’t help his team avoid a 3-1 defeat. With Portsmouth finishing 13th in the Premiership, they will look forward to Adaminho’s consistent firepower. And the ambitious English striker will hope to earn a place in the international setup by performing on the big stage.

Jose Manuel Arevalo - Following a disappointing spell in France, Andorran centre-back Arevalo has thrived since his move to Spanish side Espanyol. Instantly establishing himself as a first team player, Jose went on to make 40 starts this season, getting 1 goal, 3 MoM awards and a 7.13 rating. Form which helped his side exceed expectations and finish sixth, claiming a UEFA Cup spot. But as the season settles and managers look to strengthen their squads for the next campaign, Arevalo’s minimum release fee of £9.25 millon could prove very tempting. Although no clubs have yet to declare an interest, expect to see Espanyol scrambling to offer a new contract to ther defensive star. Jose has also won 44 caps for his native Andorra.

Mike Bird - While Mike may not have been overly optimistic before the season started, he will be overjoyed with what can only be described as a dream season at Manchester City. Given a chance early in the season, the powerful striker made himself a first team regular, netting 17 goals in 35 starts with a 7.20 rating. His stunning performances helped from a lethal partnership with Daniel Sturridge which contributed a total of 39 goals in the season, helping Man City finish is seventh place. Next season the towering striker will hope to continue to establish himself at the top level and maybe even earn a full international cap for Portugal.

Bobinho - Following a £7 million transfer window move north of the border, Bobinho made an instant impression with Celtic helping them to win the SPL 8 points ahead of fierce rivals Rangers. In 20 starts, Bobinho contributed 11 goals with a 7.10 average rating whilst rotating amongst fellow strikers Kevin Doyle an Victor Moses for Martin O’Neill’s side. The explosive striker was also present in the starting line-up as Celtic beat old firm rivals Rangers in the Scottish league cup final 2-0. Winning the double after just half a season at the club has been an excellent achievement for Bobinho, and he will hope to carry his form in to their next campaign. The striker has also won 14 caps for Wales, scoring 2 goals for his country.

Peter Brown - Brown has continued to make a name for himself as a ruthless goal scorer thought this years campaign. Helping an inconsistent Sunderland side finish in eleventh place in the Premier league, Brown finished with 20 goals in 40 first team appearances with a 6.95 rating. This has won him second place in the English players’ young player of the year award. And has also attracted transfer interest from Italian clubs Juventus and Napoli, although neither side have yet to make a solid offer. The enthusiastic striker has also made an impact on the international stage, winning 5 caps for England where he has bagged 3 goals.

Adam Clatworthy - After winning the World footballer of the year award, it would have been hard for Clatworthy to maintain such a high standard of form. But somehow he has managed to finish the season as he started. Making 50 appearances throughout the season, Adam netted 25 goals and 10 assists, setting a new Chelsea record with an astonishing 10 MoM awards and finishing with a average rating of 7.60. In the context of the Premiership, he finished with a Premiership best 7.68 rating and another best of 7 MoM awards. This earned him the title of English players’ player of the year and a place in the Premier league select team. This helped Chelsea finish second in the Premiership and Adam was also in the side as Chelsea won the UEFA Cup, playing the entire match before beating Blackburn on penalties. The explosive striker has also been performing for his country, winning 26 caps with a 12 goal return. With such sensational form this year, who knows what next season could have in store.

Alfonso de silva Santos - With optimism rife amongst a strong Roma side, they would have been confident in their ability to capitalise on last season’s success. However, as the season progressed their league campaign soon turned in to little short of a disaster. Alfonso had a part to play in their dismal season. Making 22 starts with 5 sub appearances, the Andorran netted 8 goals with a 6.81 rating, a disappointing showing for the World-class striker compared to last season. Although the same could be said about much of the Roma squad. Manager Spalletti could have been accused of focusing too much on the Champions league, where the side reached the semi-final only to lose 3-1 on aggregate to Man Utd. While the Andooran, who has now won 46 caps with 7 goals, is looking to help the club improve next season, he is also rather ominously considering his options…

Robert Dillon - Though some migrants from the conference to the top tier of Italian football would have been faced with disappointment this season, Dillon and AC Milan were a different story. Often finding himself part of a three pronged attack alongside Pato and Freddy Adu, Robert made 48 starts for Milan netting 19 times with 4 assists and 5 MoM awards with a 7.33 rating. Form which placed him amongst the Italian league’s top goalscorers and won him second place in the Serie A young player of the year awards. But most importantly, his club stormed Serie A, winning by a clear 14 point margin ahead of second placed Inter. Dillon has alos won his first international cap, opting for Montenegro he has now won two caps against Austria and Turkey.

Fredino - Taking the gamble of leaving a successful career at Celtic for a mid-tabe Premiership club has payed off for Welsh international Fredino. Slotting in as a first team player the first team striker made 36 starts for Sunderland, hitting the net 13 times with 3 assists, 3 MoM awards and a 7.05 rating. Form which helped his side reach the second knockout stage of the UEFA Cup. And also finish 11th in the Premiership, which may sound disappointing compared to last year‘s fifth place finish, but they were actually just 2 points off seventh place. Fredino will hope to build on his form for next season and help Stuart Pearce’s ambitious young side achieve better things.

Frketson - After impressing last term despite Barcelona’s poor form, Frketson has established his reputation further this year. The World-class centre-back made 47 starts this season, topped only by goalkeeper Victor Valdes, contributing 2 goals from 8 shots with 4 on target and 2 assists with a 7.28 rating, form which saw him named in the Spanish league team if the season. But his most impressive stat would be headers where he established aerial dominance by winning 336 of 347 aerial challenges. This helped Barca get to the quarter-finals of the Champions league only to lose to Roma 2-1 on aggregate. It also helped them finish the season in second place in the Spanish first division, a distinct improvement on last year. Frketson also won his 40th cap for Croatia to top off a highly impressive season by the 23 year-old defender. One thing is certain, Barcelona will have to sign Frketson on a new contract to avoid his paltry minimum release fee of £12,750,000 being activated by an enterprising club.

Pablo Gonzalez - Following seasons of disappointment and frustration centred around a lack of first team opportunities, Pablo has thrived with Zaragoza. Making 24 appearances in the top Spanish league he hit a return of 11 goals with an impressive 7.21 rating. Form which made him Zaragoza’s star performer as they finished in 8th place. His showing in the Spanish league has attracted interest from a number of clubs, but has more importantly earned solid bids of £2.8 million from Athletico Madrid, Cagliari and Murcia to activate the minimum release fee. Whether Gonzalez will choose to leave the club which gave him his big break is yet to be seen.

Haowan - Another player who moved to Spain in the search for first team football, Haowan’s first season at Osasuna has been an undoubted success. Making 42 starts for the relegation threatened club the determined striker hit the net 20 times with a fantastic average rating of 7.40. Form which saw his name rated amongst the Spanish league’s top strikers along side his strike-partner Inigo. While there is yet to be any confirmed transfer interest in the centre-forward, his £7 million minimum release fee will tempt many opportunistic clubs in the off-season.

Juan King - In his second season with Marseille, hopes would have been high following last seasons league win. However, like a number of other high profile European clubs, as the campaign progressed it became clear that things were not going as planned and the side slumped to a hugely disappointing 10th place. Despite this, King was in good form with strike partner Djibril Cisse. Making 44 starts he scored 19 goals with a 7.20 rating. This won him the Ligue 1 Foreign player of the year award and second place in the Most promising player award behind Sergio Mota. While Juan King doesn’t appear to be top of most managers priorities, it will be interesting to see if the striker sticks it out in France should the right offer surface. King has now won 34 caps for Northern Ireland, scoring 16 goals.

Quincy Klapatross - Making his big move from Bolton to Arsenal, Quincy took the risk of possibly losing out on a first team place to play for a bigger club. Since his move the explosive striker made 10 starts for the Gunners, netting 5 times creating 2 goals with a 7.40 rating. An impressive start for the ambitious Dutchman which helped Arsenal finish fourth in the Premier league. Internationally Klapatross has won 9 caps for Holland, scoring 6 times. Quincy will hope to build on his impressive start and win himself a regular first team place for Arsenal next season.

Callum McCarthy - After minor disappointment with his form with Inter Miln in the past two seasons, McCarthy would have been please with his more consistent run which helped his side finish in second place in Serie A. Making 48 appearances in this year’s campaign, McCarthy scored 4 with 8 assists, 4 MoM awards and a rating of 7.06. All which helped McCarthy earn the reputation of a World-class full-back. It has also attracted interest from AC Milan, Roma and Barcelona which has led to transfer speculation that one of Inter’s biggest stars could leave the club for their bitter rivals. However, Callum is said to be happy at the club and would be unlikely to want a move. Callum has also recently won his 24th cap for England, getting 3 goals in those appearances.

Brendan Petersen - While Brendan was happy to leave Burnley for Zaragoza, it was undoubtedly at the expense of first team football. As second choice to Federico Agliardi, Petersen made just 2 starts for Zaragoza this year, getting a rating of 6.50. Despite his lack of appearances, his potential alone has earned interest from Everton and Roma. And with a meagre £2.9 million release fee, it looks likely that Petersen could be on the move again. His potential ability has also earned him his first international cap for Australia in a 3-0 defeat to Turkey and his second in a 4-0 defeat to France.

Loic Philippens - Loic would have been aiming to improve on last season’s form to repay his manager’s faith. And for many Manchester United fans he impressed. Making a total of 40 first team appearances the Belgian forward scored 11 goals, mostly from central midfield, with 4 assists and a 7.03 rating. This helped Man Utd go one better than last season and win the Premier league. But his best club form was in the Champions league where his side reached the final, only to lose to rivals Liverpool. He was rewarded with a place in the Champions league dream team and looked in devastating form behind a strike partnership of Rooney and Aguero. Internationally Loic has continued his stunning run of form, winning his 15th cap with and astonishing 22 goal return. Having recently signed a new contract for £89k per week until 2018, perfectionist Philippens will hope to continue improving for his dream club next season.

Tom van der Fish - Following his big move from West Ham to Chelsea Tom has struggled to make an impact in a blues side overloaded with striking talent. Since signing he has made just 3 brief substitute appearances, although his 1 reserve game saw him score 2 goals with an 8 rating. Next season he will hope to be given a bigger chance and emulate national team-mate Adam Clatworthy by making an impact for Chelsea. Internationally Tom has won his 12th cap for Northern Ireland with 2 goals.

Arthur White - This season White continued his consistent form for Newcastle, despite the club finishing just one point away from relegation. Making 30 first team appearances Arthur bagged 10 goals with 2 assists and a 7.37 rating as one of the few Toon players to impress this campaign. This form has earned transfer interest from mid-table West Ham, although the model professional is considering his options due to Newcastle‘s slump in recent years, he is unlikely to move unless it is to a bigger club. The explosive striker has continued his impressive international form winning 11 caps with a return of 8 goals.

Ben Whitehead - While Roma faced a season of disappointment with a 10th place finish in Serie A and elimination form the Champions league, Whitehead’s form in his debut season was one of the few positives to come out of it. Making 47 starts, mostly on the left wing, he bagged 15 goals with 6 assists earning an excellent 7.30 rating. This culminated in Ben being awarded the Serie A young player of the year award. His international form was equally impressive. Recently winning his 7th cap, he has scored 4 goals in those appearances to help England qualify for the 2014 world cup. Playing so well for Roma, Whitehead will have no interest in a move, but it is clear that the club will need to show an immediate improvement to keep hold of their biggest stars.

Another fantastic season for Loic and a EPL winners medal to go with it. With Rooney and Aguerro up front its easy to see why Loic is playing midfield.

Is CM one of his listed positions now? and I seem to remember he was playing CM for Belgium is that still the case or do they play him as a striker?

Another great update look forward to the next one icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Brendan Petersen - While Brendan was happy to leave Burnley for Zaragoza, it was undoubtedly at the expense of first team football. As second choice to Federico Agliardi, Petersen made just 2 starts for Zaragoza this year, getting a rating of 6.50. Despite his lack of appearances, his potential alone has earned interest from Everton and Roma. And with a meagre £2.9 million release fee, it looks likely that Petersen could be on the move again. His potential ability has also earned him his first international cap for Australia in a 3-0 defeat to Turkey and his second in a 4-0 defeat to France. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roma would be nice, then I could link up with a few other wonderkids and world class players. Good to be capped for Australia but conceding 7 goals in 2 games is not good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whoopy D:

Is CM one of his listed positions now? and I seem to remember he was playing CM for Belgium is that still the case or do they play him as a striker?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is rated as accomplished at MC.

Is messi still at Roma after a season like that?

did i get any champions league goals?

did we do well in any cups?

how did england get on in the world cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Yes. 1 against FC Kobenhavn in the group stage.

Got to the semi-final of the Italian cup and Champions league. That's probably what broke

Roma's season.

The World cup is next year.

ok cool, what other nations have qualified? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll change that text speak for you and pretend you didn't mean to put it.

kk kwl, what other nations have qualified? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody. Qualification is not over yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

Jose Manuel Arevalo - Following a disappointing spell in France, Andorran centre-back Arevalo has thrived since his move to Spanish side Espanyol. Instantly establishing himself as a first team player, Jose went on to make 40 starts this season, getting 1 goal, 3 MoM awards and a 7.13 rating. Form which helped his side exceed expectations and finish sixth, claiming a UEFA Cup spot. But as the season settles and managers look to strengthen their squads for the next campaign, Arevalo’s minimum release fee of £9.25 millon could prove very tempting. Although no clubs have yet to declare an interest, expect to see Espanyol scrambling to offer a new contract to ther defensive star. Jose has also won 44 caps for his native Andorra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His Composure has increased by 2 icon_eek.gif but Long Shots have decreased icon13.gif

Although I'm glad he had such a good season icon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW icon14.gif

Early season 2013/14 brief update, 1st September 2013

Adaminho- Completing his bosman move from Rangers to Portsmouth, the striker has slotted straight in to the first team. Although it hasn't been a great start playing 3 games with a 6.67 rating. Before his move, Adaminho scured his reputation as a Rangers legend, winning the Supporters' player of the year award for 2012/13

Jose Manuel Arevalo- In the pre season Jose signed a new contract with Espanyol to earn him £24,000 per week until 2018, and most importantly raising his minimum release fee to £38,000,000. Starting 1 game so far he played brilliantly to get an 8 rating. Jose has now won 46 caps for Andorra.

Mike Bird- Bird has yet to make a start in the Premiership due to being ruled out with a twisted knee. But now recovered he will hope to pick up from last season. In transfer news, Sunderland an FC Bayern are said to be interested.

Bobinho- Bobinho has started his first full season with Celtic well, scoring 1 and creating 1 in 3 starts with a 7.00 rating. Bobinho has also won his 16th cap for Wales with 2 goals.

Peter Brown- Brown has made an excellent start to the season scoring 2 in 3 starts with a 7.33 rating. Brown has also won his 7th England cap with 5 goals. This has earned transfer interest from a number of clubs including Villa, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Napoli, Real Madrid and Valencia.

Adam Clatworthy- Winning the Chelsea supporters' Player of the year award, Adam has continued his excellent form in the start of this season. In 5 starts he has bagged 3 with 2 assists and a 7.80 rating, despite Chelsea making a disappointing start to the campaign. Adam has now won 28 caps for Northern Ireland, scoring 12 goals.

Alfonso de silva Santos- Following last season's disappointment, Roma have made a good start. Particularly pleasing has been Alfonso's form which has seen him score 3 in 2 starts with an 8.50 rating. Alfonso has also won his 48th cap for Andorra with 7 goals.

Robert Dillon- Hoping to defen Milan's Serie A title, Dillon has made a great start scoring 3 in 2 starts with a 7.50 rating. Dillon has also won hid 4th Montenegro cap, scoring 2 goals, both in the 5-0 thrashing of Luxembourg.

Fredino- The striker has made a good start for Sunderland scoring 1 in his 3 starts with a 7.00 rating. He has also won his 27th Welsh cap with 11 goals.

Frketson- Playing in the only Barcelona game so far with a 7 rating is a solid start. The world-class centre-back has been the subject of transfer speculation with Inter and Real Madrid interested, but he has said he is enjoying plying for the club. He has also won his 42nd cap for Croatia.

Pablo Gonzalez- After a breakthrough season with Zaragoza, Pablo's £2.8 million minimum release fee was activated by Serie A side Cagliari and he signed a £14,000 a week contract until 2015. Making 1 start with his new club he earned a 7 rating.

Haowan- Much like Gonzalez, Haowan had his breakthrough with Osasuna last year only for his minimum release fee of £7 million to be activated by Napoli. Where he signed for £49,000 a week until 2018. Before his move he was named the Osasuna fans' player of the year for 2012/13.

Juan King- Has made an impressive start for Marseille to continue last season's form. In 2 starts he has scored 3 with an 8.00 rating. Although he is looking to help the club progress, Blackburn are said to be interested in the striker.

Quincy Klapatross- Suffering a broken shoulder in pre-season training has ruled him out of Premiership football this season. Now fully fit, the Dutch striker will hope to pick up where he left off at the end of last season.

Callum McCarthy- Callum has made a goos start to the season with an 8.00 rting in his first 2 games. This sort of form has earned him interest from Liverpool, Lyon, AC Milan and Barcelona. McCarthy has also won his 26th cap with 3 goals.

Brendan Petersen- Little to speak of for Petersen. Yet to make a start this season the Aussie international will hope to secure a regular place this season.

Loic Philippens- Doing well last season, Loic will hope to pick up where he left off. Although his start so far has been average with a 6.67 rating from 3 appearances, Philippens will expect to find form soon. His International form hasnt lacked, winning his 17th cap with an excellent 24 goals.

Tom van der Fish- Tom will be oping to make an impact for Chelsea this season. Yet to make an apearance this season he has been on the bench for every game an will have to be patient and wait for his opportunity.

Arthur White- Has made a good start to Newcastle's season scoring 1 in 4 with a 7.25 rating. While Newcastle continue to underachieve it looks more an more likely that White will leave the club, especially with Southend and rather more impressively Real Madrid looking to sign the model pro. Arthur has won his 11th cap for England with an 8 goal return.

Ben Whitehead- Scoring in his 1 start this season, Whitehead looks to be picking up where he left off. But if Roma continute to underachieve then Chelsea could be set to snap up the gola-getting winger. Ben has now won 9 England caps with 4 goals.

Jose Manuel Arevalo- In the pre season Jose signed a new contract with Espanyol to earn him £24,000 per week until 2018, and most importantly raising his minimum release fee to £38,000,000. Starting 1 game so far he played brilliantly to get an 8 rating. Jose has now won 46 caps for Andorra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

\o/ what a ffb season.

Hopefully I can continue to build on my performances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big news to come for Mike Bird in the next update! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_lampard:

Great updates again mate KUTGW

Real Madrid interested icon_biggrin.gif I really need to leave Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Yeah, it's looking more and more likely. White's form has been phenomenal despite Newcastle being consistently rubbish. At a better club he would be a 30 goal a season man easily. He just hasn't got the players to support him. I have a feeling that this season may be his last up on tyneside.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_lampard:

Great updates again mate KUTGW

Real Madrid interested icon_biggrin.gif I really need to leave Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Yeah, it's looking more and more likely. White's form has been phenomenal despite Newcastle being consistently rubbish. At a better club he would be a 30 goal a season man easily. He just hasn't got the players to support him. I have a feeling that this season may be his last up on tyneside.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

\o/ what a ffb season.

Hopefully I can continue to build on my performances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big news to come for Mike Bird in the next update! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif I'm excited now icon_biggrin.gif

Transfer window update, 2nd February 2014

Adaminho- Having spent his first half of the season at new club Portsmouth, Adaminho has been a key factor behind the side currently sitting third in the Premiership. Making 22 starts he has scored 8 goals and a 7.13 rating. Impressive stats for a new signing, particularly considering the Pompey favour a lone striker up front and he is challenging Jermaine Defoe to be first choice striker.

Jose Manuel Arevalo- Following an impressive spell last season, Jose has struggled to regain his form. Making 17 appearances for 8th placed Espanyol he has a 6.88 rating. Slightly disappointing considering last season’s high standards. Despite inconsistent league form, the club have performed well in the UEFA Cup, finishing top of their group and progressing to the first knockout round against Napoli. Jose has also won his 52nd cap for Andorra as they finished bottom of their world cup qualification group with no points.

Mike Bird- After last season’s breakthough form, many would have assumed that Bird would have been one of the first names on the teamsheet for Man City’s new campaign. However, with the signing of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Mike found himself starting just 4 games before the transfer window. Although his form hadn’t faded as he scored 3 goals in those few chances, getting a 7.14 rating. But a player of that ability couldn’t sit on a bench for much longer and just before the transfer window closed it was Inter Milan who signed the 6’9†striker for a bargain £6 million. Yet to be at the club for a match, Bird looks set to be a first team regular, particularly as star striker Carlos Tevez has picked up an injury.

Bobinho- Early in the season Bobinho was ravaged by injury. Missing two weeks with a foot injury and then two months with a fractured skull, the Welsh striker made just 10 starts for table topping Celtic, but still scored 6 with 1 assist and a 7.10 rating. But his ability was recognised by Arsenal who signed the explosive striker for £10 million. And so far he has made 1 start, earning a rating of 7. Bobinho will join Klapatross, Adebayor, Eduardo and Sobis amongst the possible strikers. But with Arsenal only in 8th place, manager Alan Irvine will look to try Bobinho as a new approach to his misfiring front-line. He has also won his 17th cap for Wales with 2 goals as the country failed to qualify for the world cup in a disappointing campaign.

Peter Brown- Playing in a squad rotation system Brown has made a good contribution towards Sunderland’s league form which sees them in 5th place. Making 13 starts he has netted 8 with 1 assist and a 7.07 rating. Which makes him joint to scorer at the club alongside regular strike partner Fredino. Brown has also won his 8th England cap, with a 5 goal return to help the country qualify for the 2014 world cup after winning all but one game.

Adam Clatworthy- Following last season’s spectacular form, Adam has continued in the same vein. Making 29 starts already he has bagged 12 goals with 5 assists, 4 MoM awards and a 7.55 rating. Proving himself as Chelsea’s best player as they sit top of the league. He is also rated as joint top player in the Premiership based on an average rating of 7.62. Despite strong transfer window interest from Valencia, Chelsea refused to listen to any offers for their fans’ favourite. Clatworthy has won his 34th cap for Northern Ireland, with 16 goals, although the country failed to qualify for the 2014 world cup after an impressive campaign.

Alfonso de silva Santos- On the back of last season’s disappointing campaign, Alfonso would have been determined to turn around the club’s fortunes and his own. And so far he has made an excellent start. Making 16 starts for Roma he has bagged 8 goals with 2 assists, 3 MoM awards and a 7.44 rating. Form which has seen him establish himself clearly as the first choice lone striker ahead of van Persie. The striker, now dubbed as World-class, is rightfully proud of the clubs position at the top of Serie A. Alfonso has also won his 54th cap for Andorra, with 7 goals as his country finished bottown of their group with 0 points.

Robert Dillon- As his AC Milan side sit in a disappointing 5th place in Serie A, Dillon has been in superb form. In 27 starts Robert has scored 13 with a 7.22 rating as part of a three pronged attack with Freddy Adu and Pato. However, the poor performances of his teammates have led the cultured forward to consider his options. Although he is willing to remain at the club. Dillon has won his 9th cap for Montenegro with 3 goals as his country failed to qualify for the World cup.

Fredino- The Welsh striker has been in good form for Sunderland. Making 17 starts he has scored 8 goals, although his average rating is lacking at 6.94. Fredino has done well alongside strike partner Peter Brown, the two showing themselves as the key reason for their side sitting 5th place n the Premiership. The explosive striker has won his 31st cap for Wales with a return of 11 goals, but couldn‘t help Wales finish better than second from bottom in the world cup qualifiers.

Frketson- The world class centre-back has had big reputation to live up to after the past few seasons with Barcelona. And he is continuing to impress in this year’s campaign. With 28 starts the Croatian has made 1 goal and scored 1 himself with 6.25 tackles per game and an 80% pass completion earning a rating of 7.07. But with a minimum release fee of £12.75 million it is astonishing that no clubs tried to lure him away from the Nou Camp for a bargain price. Frketson has also won his 48th cap for Croatia, helping his side qualify for the 2014 world cup after winning a playoff against Romania.

Pablo Gonzalez- Following his move to Italy, Pablo has picked up where he left off in his breakthrough season with Zaragoza. Making 22 starts as a first team regular, Gonzalez has netted 9 goals with a 7.18 rating for mid-table Cagliari. Unfortunately this form has yet to earn him international recognition from either Mexico or Spain. But with both countries qualifying for the world cup, he will hope to impress enough to earn a place in their squad.

Haowan- In a career which almost seems to mirror Gonzalez, Haowan has also thrived in Italy following an impressive spell in Spain. Making 25 starts for Napoli he has netted 15 goals, rating him amongst Serie A’s top scorers, with an excellent 7.44 rating for a side who have exceeded expectations as they sit in 4th place in the league. Haowan will hope to continue his form in order to earn a surprise call up to the Spanish squad for the 2014 world cup.

Juan King- At Marseille King has continue to build his reputation. As his side sits in 5th place the powerful striker has scored 11 in 18 starts with a 7.33 rating. From which has earned the interest of Deportivo which has forced King to consider his options, although he is content to stay at the club. He has also won 41 caps for Northern Ireland with an impressive return of 20 goals in their failed World cup qualification campaign.

Quincy Klapatross- Despite a broken shoulder earlier in the season, Quincy has recovered to show good form for Arsenal. With 20 appearances to his name the explosive striker has scored 6 and created 1 with a 7.05 rating for his underachieving club. With the recent arrival of Bobinho, competition for places is fierce, but as one of the better performers Quincy is determined to help the club improve its position. Although he has won no addition caps for Holland, he has been a regular inclusion in the squad which earned world cup qualification with a dominant campaign.

Callum McCarthy- After falling to second place behing rivals AC Milan last season, Inter would have been keen to go one better. However, their campaign so far has been a disappointment, despite McCarthy’s impressive form. Making 25 starts for the 9th placed side he has scored 2 with 1 assist and a 7.12 rating. And the world-class full-back has announced his determination to help his club improve its position, but is still drawing interest from Chelsea, Lyon, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Having won 32 caps with 4 goals McCarthy has been an integral part of the England side which earned qualification to the 2014 world cup.

Brendan Petersen- Following just one year at Zaragoza, Petersen had his minimum release clause activated by Celta and completed the £2.5 million move. Since his move, the signs are good. Being given the number 1 jersey the Aussie international has made 3 starts for the club, conceding 4 goals with a 7.00 rating. The keeper has also won his 5th cap for Australia and could be set for a World cup appearance as his country has qualified for the 2014 competition.

Loic Philippens- While his Manchester United side are having a disappointing season, currently sitting in 7th place, Loic has been in solid form. Making 24 appearances the centre forward has netted 7 goals with a 7.08 rating overall, although his premiership rating is 7.31. His international form has remained phenomenal, scoring 28 goals from 22 caps. Although he couldn’t help his side narrowly miss out on qualification for the 2014 world cup.

Tom van der Fish- Tom has struggled to establish himself since his move to Chelsea. This season he has been given just one start for the first team, and despite scoring he now finds himself playing in the reserves. Still rated as a hot prospect and looking for a loan move for some first team football, Tom is optimistic about his future.

Arthur White- While Newcastle sit in mid-table, White has been in typically good form. In 19 starts he has bagged 8 goals with a 7.16 rating. While White is enjoying playing at the club, it may prove to be in the best interests of his career to look for a move to a bigger club at the end of the season. Arthur has also won his 12th cap for England, with 8 goals. Form which helped England qualify for the 2014 World cup, where White is almost certain to feature.

Ben Whitehead- Last season, Whitehead was in superb form while his club Roma were distinctly average. This season the roles are reversed. Making 19 appearances Ben has scored 1 and created 1 with a 6.95 rating for table topping Roma. While his club form may disappoint the explosive winger, his international form hasn’t. with 5 goals in 15 caps Whitehead has made himself part of the England side who earned World cup qualification. And providing he retains his fitness the iron willed winger is a dead cert for an appearance on the big stage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

First to Celtic now to Arsenal icon_smile.gif

I'm happy at last icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Arsenal are crap. So i'm happy too! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Brendan Petersen- Following just one year at Zaragoza, Petersen had his minimum release clause activated by Celta and completed the £2.5 million move. Since his move, the signs are good. Being given the number 1 jersey the Aussie international has made 3 starts for the club, conceding 4 goals with a 7.00 rating. The keeper has also won his 5th cap for Australia and could be set for a World cup appearance as his country has qualified for the 2014 competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another transfer but it looks like it will mean game time. Also could you tell me how Australia went in the world cup and if possible my rating and stats for the tournament?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Another transfer but it looks like it will mean game time. Also could you tell me how Australia goes in the world cup and if possible my rating and stats for the tournament? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Doosra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Another transfer but it looks like it will mean game time. Also could you tell me how Australia goes in the world cup and if possible my rating and stats for the tournament? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course. icon_biggrin.gif I am planning to do the usual end of season report, then a standalone report for the World cup. As opposed to combining the two as I did previously. With the amount of players that should be involved I think it'd be worth it.

Jose Manuel Arevalo- Following an impressive spell last season, Jose has struggled to regain his form. Making 17 appearances for 8th placed Espanyol he has a 6.88 rating. Slightly disappointing considering last season’s high standards. Despite inconsistent league form, the club have performed well in the UEFA Cup, finishing top of their group and progressing to the first knockout round against Napoli. Jose has also won his 52nd cap for Andorra as they finished bottom of their world cup qualification group with no points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Doosra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Another transfer but it looks like it will mean game time. Also could you tell me how Australia goes in the world cup and if possible my rating and stats for the tournament? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course. icon_biggrin.gif I am planning to do the usual end of season report, then a standalone report for the World cup. As opposed to combining the two as I did previously. With the amount of players that should be involved I think it'd be worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one, can wait

any idea when end of season update will be?

Of course. icon_biggrin.gif I am planning to do the usual end of season report, then a standalone report for the World cup. As opposed to combining the two as I did previously. With the amount of players that should be involved I think it'd be worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one, can wait

any idea when end of season update will be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to make a start tonight. But with footballing distractions it will most likely be tomorrow night.

I should add that the full World cup squads have just been announced, and this will be included in the next update. Including;

- One uncapped player earns a surprise World cup call-up!

Archived