kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

Has anyone found any good tips for defending away with these tactics? I've tried everything that has been mentioned here and the tactic is just terrible at defending in away games. Even using the OIs doesn't help. The attack though is spectacular.

try v2.2 above

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cice2:

No tactic work without on form players! Work on your team talks by checking on the team talk feedback after every match. Find out the players that are easily motivated to win games for you, they can score many goals in a game, especially with this great tactic. Cheers.

i agree, try load the same game with different team talk, youll see.....

Spurs season 9 V2 No tweak home & away (apart from back 4)

Super Cup

World Club

League Cup

FA Cup

PL (7th consecutive)

ECC (4th consecutive)

Best goals for and best defensive record, at some point won 18 consecutive games. Must admit that having lost the Community Shield to Arsenal (they bought Rooney) 5-2 it was going to be a season when it fell apart , but V2 came good in the end.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jablome:

- Sometimes, when my team was flat, raising tempo and CD to same spot as tactics default width position gave them a charge

You mean the closing down in individual instructions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the delay. No the main slider. Not sure if it does a lot. Probably the tempo increase, particularly at home, seems to have a positive effect if the team is flat.

Team talk odds to win:

Heavily Favoured = Expect a Win

Slightly Favoured = You can win this

Evens = Wish Luck

Slightly Underdog = Wish Luck

Highly Underdog = Pressure is off

Half time if losing = Disappointed

Half time if winning = Pleased

Half Time and drawing = Show Encouragement/Can Win this

Single out players who are under performing i.e. 5/6 rating

Is all the above correct?

Thanks kimz, I may try it with a higher defensive line. I also want to agree with cice2 about OI being ineffective. Every time I set them up to neutralize a certain player, that player scores a goal. I've actually kept track of this in the second half of my first season. What I found is disturbing. In matches where I conceded goals, just over 70% of them where scored by the very players for whom I set OIs, and I do have good defenders and GK.

Hi guys, unfortunately i play this game on the xbox360 but from what i can gather this tactic works on their to.

well as you prob know, i cant download the tactic due to not having it on pc.

i've seen a screen shot on here of the tactic and will try it out, but would anyone be kind enough to post a screenshot (or send me a screen shot) of the team instructions? just the basics really.

many thanks.

Just thought I would give some feedback. I've been using v2.1 and 2.2, and I must admit i'm rather impressed. I am 10 games into my first season with Liverpool, and have won every game, apart from a 2-1 away defeat at Blakburn. I'm pleased with how tight i've been at the back; only conceded 6 in all so far. Very impressed Kimz - keep up the good work mate! icon_smile.gif

Cant wait to try out the tactics on a lower division team. Might try a new game with my local team, Nuneaton Borough.

Would like to comment on my experiment with Arsenal in first season.

W 34 L 2 D 2

I used V1 and only purchase i made was a world-class keeper, Sebastian Frey. I scored 120 goals and conceded 35.

Champs League Winner

FA Cup Winner

Premier League Winner

OI instructions that i used with great success was pretty much tight marking on whole midfield and strikers (including AMCs). I almost never closed down anyone and i used weaker foot for wingers, that's it. Ah, 1 more thing i forgot to mention, if u have pacey defenders, bring up your Dline to 17 or so and tick "play offside". That worked like a charm for my backline of Clichy, Gallas, Toure and Sagna. In my opinion Version1 posted on the original page is the best tactic i've used for fm2008 hands down. I accomplished all of this with 8.0.2 by the way. If you play a big team like Arsenal v1 tactic is the way to go. icon_smile.gif Good Luck to everyone.

Originally posted by Aquaplex:

Would like to comment on my experiment with Arsenal in first season.

W 34 L 2 D 2

I used V1 and only purchase i made was a world-class keeper, Sebastian Frey. I scored 120 goals and conceded 35.

Champs League Winner

FA Cup Winner

Premier League Winner

OI instructions that i used with great success was pretty much tight marking on whole midfield and strikers (including AMCs). I almost never closed down anyone and i used weaker foot for wingers, that's it. Ah, 1 more thing i forgot to mention, if u have pacey defenders, bring up your Dline to 17 or so and tick "play offside". That worked like a charm for my backline of Clichy, Gallas, Toure and Sagna. In my opinion Version1 posted on the original page is the best tactic i've used for fm2008 hands down. I accomplished all of this with 8.0.2 by the way. If you play a big team like Arsenal v1 tactic is the way to go. icon_smile.gif Good Luck to everyone.

Would you mind posting your line-up? I'm playing with Arsenal too but find that I concede too many goals. I just finished my first season in the league (still have an FA Cup and CL Final to play). In the league I took 2nd because too many times we were unable to hold leads against smaller teams.

Do you adjust the closing down at all? I've noticed that in V1, closing down for the attacking players is set at 10 (middle of the bar) but in V2 it is maxed out. I wonder why there was such a drastic change to this?

I am getting a lot of Shots, but very few SOT.

Last three games:

20/4

16/4

17/3

From what I have read, this suggests a poor team talk. But with the 20/4 game (I won 1-0), I was slight favorites at Home and told them "you can win today." Wouldn't that make sense? What else would you say in that instance?

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medley:

I've noticed a slight increase in goals for my side away from home with the 2.1, but I still leak at least 2 every game.

My back four (Villarreal) consists of:

Guilherme -- Gonzalo Rodriquez -- Fuentes -- Zaccardo

Defensive cover is Senna and C. Zanetti. Should this team be good enough to finish in the top 6?

try using the v2.2 (increasing DL to 14) for your away game, especially againt attacking opp

increasing DL to 14 will make ai winger pass/cross the ball earlier, thats why we will concede less.. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kimz, i'am using your tactics in a medim/bad portuguese team, Vitória Guimaraes. Do have ideas for a medium/bad teams, and how to apply the tactic to those teams? The home games are esay, but playing with the likes of Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbo, the always get good results, even thouh i apply most of the things you say here, but the away games are the worse, almost every game i loose. Do hou have some idea how to help me?

Thanks a lot, and great great tactic man icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by medley:

Team talk odds to win:

Heavily Favoured = Expect a Win

Slightly Favoured = You can win this

Evens = Wish Luck

Slightly Underdog = Wish Luck

Highly Underdog = Pressure is off

Half time if losing = Disappointed

Half time if winning = Pleased

Half Time and drawing = Show Encouragement/Can Win this

Single out players who are under performing i.e. 5/6 rating

Is all the above correct?

i use this :

general setting :

- for low / very low : no pressure

- debut game : you have faith

- lost on recent match : you can win

Heavily Favoured

- average morale very god / superb : Expect a Win, you have faith for good/ok (<= good)

- good - : for the fans

Slightly Favoured

- average morale good / very god / superb : for the fans, you have faith for ok (<= good)

- ok- : you can win

Evens

- same with Slightly Favoured

Slightly Underdog

- average morale very god / superb : for the fans, you have faith for good/ok (<= good)

- good - : im not sure..... icon_confused.gif

Highly Underdog = Wish Luck

general setting for half time team talk :

- for low / very low : no pressure

- ok / good : you have faith

- rating = 8+ : you have faith

- rating 6 : disappointed

- rating 5- : angry

Half time if losing

- home vs same level / better team = Disappointed

- home vs lower level team = angry

Half time if winning

- 1 goal margin : encourage if average morale very good-, for the fans if avg morale superb

- 2+ goal margin : same level / better team = im not sure icon_confused.gif, vs lower level : pleased

Half Time and drawing

- home vs same level or better team = Show Encouragement/Can Win this

- home vs lower level = disappointed

- away vs same level / better team = for the fans

- away vs lower level = disappointed

hope it helps.....

Thanks kimz, I may try it with a higher defensive line. I also want to agree with cice2 about OI being ineffective. Every time I set them up to neutralize a certain player, that player scores a goal. I've actually kept track of this in the second half of my first season. What I found is disturbing. In matches where I conceded goals, just over 70% of them where scored by the very players for whom I set OIs, and I do have good defenders and GK.

if they scored from inderect freekick or throw in ......... i dont know why icon_confused.gif, and i dont know how to fix it. icon_frown.gif

but if they scored from your defender mistakes, its your team talk.

see above maybe it helps icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rod110:

Kimz, i'am using your tactics in a medim/bad portuguese team, Vitória Guimaraes. Do have ideas for a medium/bad teams, and how to apply the tactic to those teams? The home games are esay, but playing with the likes of Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbo, the always get good results, even thouh i apply most of the things you say here, but the away games are the worse, almost every game i loose. Do hou have some idea how to help me?

Thanks a lot, and great great tactic man icon_wink.gif

i have no ideas yet... as i never play it with lower league team icon_razz.gif

after finishing ver 1.1 (tweaked v1), ill try lower league teams..... icon_wink.gif

One other question Aquaplex. You mentioned using off side trap, so does that mean you've changed the marking for your defenders from man to zonal?

Yes, i use zonal for my back 4. As far as my line up, it was something like

FC Adebayor/Bendtner

AMC (left) Rosicky/Eduardo

AMC (middle) Fabregas/Diaby

AMC (right) Hleb/Walcott

MC (left) Silva

MC (right) Denilson/Flamini

LB Clichy/Traore

CD Gallas/Sanderos

CD Toure/Djourou

RB Signa/Eboue

GK Frey/Fabianski

Pre-game talks were "you can win tonite" for anything that i was favorite for, except for rivals at home, which i used "for the fans" and "wish luck" for any game i was not favored. I almost never closed down any players except exceptional opponents such as ronaldo, but even then it was a gamble cause he could burn my defenders with pure pace. I found that not closing down many players kept my players in position more and not all over the place. One thing i forgot to mention as well in the previous post, i did use corner routine to score goals with my best header, which was Toure. I'm sure that effected my overall record but to be honest, i was scoring on average over 3 goals a game and most of them were not set pieces goals such as corners so i can't say that corner strategy helped out a lot, but i'm sure it did. In games where u are leading by 1 goal with 15 mins left and opponent goes 4-2-4 on ya, drop the farrows on the fullbacks and ur left and right amc, that might help, i know it helped once or twice to protect a lead. Also, i found out rotating your players is very important, at least this is my opinion. I almost never played a player with less then 95% fitness.

hey sorry to ask people but could someone post a screen dump or even just write what the team intructions are for this tactic. i started using it. but have been drawing alot. last couple of games i've started winning. which is good. just want to be more consistant.

heres me team

gk: felipe/ben foster

dl: guilherme

dr: chgrynski(can't remember how to spell it)

dc: naldo/huth

dc: corluka/colocini

dm: mathieu

dm: ilsinho

amc: van der vaart

amc: mihelic

amc: alex

fc: kieta/pekhart

aaritalo, omar andrade, obinna eddie johnson on the bench. think i need a striker

its a pretty strong team and me reserves are pretty strong to.

tried this tactic with Roma:

gk: kameni

dl: antonio lopez

dr: cicinho

dc: raul albiol

dc: juan

dm: david pizzaro

dm: de rossi

amc: julio baptista

amc: aquilani

amc: rafael van der vaart

fc: francesco totti

ive played 4 matches with this tactic, and the results arent very good.

1. a friendly against juventus (buffon wasnt playing) and it ended 0-0 despite 21 shots on target (their goalkeeper was motm)

2.2-1 win over B.Jerusalem, which i won only because of a late penalty.(their goalkeeper was the motm)

3.1-0 loss against bologna after they scored from a corner in the 3rd min (their goalkeeper was MOTM)

4.1-1 at home against B.Jerusalem. their goalkeeper was motm.

i didnt save this and loaded back to the friendly against juventus, then i used a standard 4-4-2 and won 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 and 2-0. This tactic gives me a lot of possession but makes the opposition goalkeeper temporarily the best gk ever. can someone help me?

Originally posted by Shevagol:

tried this tactic with Roma:

gk: kameni

dl: antonio lopez

dr: cicinho

dc: raul albiol

dc: juan

dm: david pizzaro

dm: de rossi

amc: julio baptista

amc: aquilani

amc: rafael van der vaart

fc: francesco totti

ive played 4 matches with this tactic, and the results arent very good.

1. a friendly against juventus (buffon wasnt playing) and it ended 0-0 despite 21 shots on target (their goalkeeper was motm)

2.2-1 win over B.Jerusalem, which i won only because of a late penalty.(their goalkeeper was the motm)

3.1-0 loss against bologna after they scored from a corner in the 3rd min (their goalkeeper was MOTM)

4.1-1 at home against B.Jerusalem. their goalkeeper was motm.

i didnt save this and loaded back to the friendly against juventus, then i used a standard 4-4-2 and won 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 and 2-0. This tactic gives me a lot of possession but makes the opposition goalkeeper temporarily the best gk ever. can someone help me?

I would recommend giving your team a bit more time to get used to the tactic. Usually it takes about 10 games for a team to feel comfortable with a new tactic.

guys, thankyou for posting a screen shot of team instructions its greatly appreciated, and to top it off also screen shots of player instructions and added bonus.

will try this out tonight and let you know how my blackpool team get on with it.

thanks again

Kimz thx for a great tactic. It do wonders with my Man City side. I've got a question for you. Is it ok if FMsweden does a review of your tactic or if I spread your tactic to the swedish FM scene? All credits to you ofc.

Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

This tactic is awesome but my possession is quite low about 40-45% every game. Is this normal?

Yeah the possession is about normal, sometimes depends what level team you play against, but if you're winning, what does possession count for eh

This tactic has improved my team so much since I change my team talk methods. Thanks for the heads up, Kimz.

Previous season position was around 10th/11th but i'm now 2nd with 20 league games gone.

I just wish my Villarreal chairman would stop selling all my players.

Hes accepted bids for 5 1st team players including, Nihat, Capdevilla, Sobis, Saivet, G. Rodriguez. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dark_Telepath:

This tactic is awesome but my possession is quite low about 40-45% every game. Is this normal?

Yeah the possession is about normal, sometimes depends what level team you play against, but if you're winning, what does possession count for eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I am also becoming convinced that a lot of the opposition possession (in my games) is coming from goal kicks b/c my teams constantly have a ton of shots, but they are in the stands.

The ME almost always shows my side with the better chances regardless of the possession.

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

- injured player : tackling hard

Originally posted by lkbm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does it mean? When striker has 19 bravery should we give tackling hard?

Originally posted by knap:

Spurs season 9 V2 No tweak home & away (apart from back 4)

Super Cup

World Club

League Cup

FA Cup

PL (7th consecutive)

ECC (4th consecutive)

Best goals for and best defensive record, at some point won 18 consecutive games. Must admit that having lost the Community Shield to Arsenal (they bought Rooney) 5-2 it was going to be a season when it fell apart , but V2 came good in the end.

What are your OI for the back four??

Can someone explain to me why for V2 the full backs have been given farrows that curve inside to MC position? What is the advantage of that? Do the opposition's midfielders pick them up instead of tracking your MCs who then have more space to operate?

Originally posted by Ozmo:

Kimz thx for a great tactic. It do wonders with my Man City side. I've got a question for you. Is it ok if FMsweden does a review of your tactic or if I spread your tactic to the swedish FM scene? All credits to you ofc.

no problem..... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by 9inarowhoops:

Kimz why does my two dmc keep getting low ratings of 6 all the time playig as arsenal any recamodations,went throw full season not losing a game brillant tactics mate icon14.gif

i have answered it on previous page....

2 DMC job is distracting opp DL/DR to mark them, and defending when ai attacking....

it doesnt matter if they got low rating as they do their 2 job well icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by lkbm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lkbm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

OI

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does it mean? When striker has 19 bravery should we give tackling hard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.... give SC tackling hard if bravery 17-, it means baravery 17 and lower

Can someone explain to me why for V2 the full backs have been given farrows that curve inside to MC position? What is the advantage of that? Do the opposition's midfielders pick them up instead of tracking your MCs who then have more space to operate?

as all of your midfielder going forward....except center AMC, you will outnumber on midfield...so your DL/DR need come forward backing up midfield position...

What a tactic mate. The only problem Im having is conceding the goals. Im currently playing as Crystal Palace third season and Ive only just found this tactic as I dont use this forum.

But im currently beating newcastle 4-3.

I have quite a good defence including Alan Hutton, Richard Dunne, Vidal and Ekotto. But I dont have any defensive midfielders.

I have Zuiverloon as back up and that norweigan defender on loan from arsenal. Cannot remember his name.

What could I do.

Wow I just beat Newcastle 5-4 away with Henok Goitom getting 2 and Richard Dunne getting 2. Winner in the last minute.

At least my GF is going up.

And this is just a new account so I am used to these forums just to let you know.

I've just downloaded the tactic and I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

I'm managing Sunderland and just about to start my 4th Season. I finished 6th last season and was beaten 2-1 by Arsenal in the FA Cup final. I've got some good players at my disposal altho things started to go a bit stale... wish me luck and I've let you know how I get on.

Like the new tactics a lot. Am arsenal just in the first season. I'm finding that v2.2 leaks more goals than v2.1. But still i usually score more goals than I concede with both, so I'm still winning my games. Thanks a lot for the detailed team talk info, and the bravery info for whether or not to do hard tackling. Since including this info my results have gotten a lot better.

ok. So I was tipped to relagted and I am still in january 2010 but am 7th. I was complaining about the goals I conceded but using your tactic I just beat arsenal 1-0. Not conceding any goals. Like I said earlier when I downloaded it it looked dodgy but tried it straight away and beat newcastle 5-4. Ive only played a few games with it but my results have been

5-4 Newcastle

5-0 Brentford(FA)

1-1 Charlton

!-0 Arsenal. icon_wink.gif

Not lost yet icon14.gif

Tried this tactic before without taking much notice of the team talks and never really done much.

Started another game with Spurs doing team talks and OI and using more attacking minded players in the midfield and seems to be going much better. Still get a few mad matches Like drawing with wigan and birmingham 3-3 and this one.

chelspurs.jpg

One last thing what do you do if u get a man sent off ??

using the home tactic in a net game with Rangers,season 5 and playing awesome football... team talks are vital i think and really do make a BIG diffrence in how the team plays, my OI settings are tightmarking and hard tackling on st's,cm's any am's and wingers tight marking and show on to left/right foot depending which side there on....

What i have found is to bear with the tactic for a long run of games, at least 15 or so... ive had couple of crazy results - 3 - 3 with Gretna but then ive gone to Inter Milan and won easily... the left and right amc's need good long shooting and finishing as does the st, ive got naismith,furman,and dalla valle on loan from mate im playing net game with, John Fleck is immense too.. all in all a superb tactic and defo sticking with through thick and thin! cheers Kimz im off to get some beers for a session 2nite on FM!! P A R A D I S E

Ricey icon14.gif

Wow. after the games I showed you I drew to spurs in fa cup and lost replay 2-1 but just beat liverpool 2-0.

I have beaten the top 2 in EPL with this tactic and currently 6th with 2 games in hand. Great Tactic. Really working with me.

Hoping I can finish really high.

Archived