Volvo FC - The Game Thread

An absolutely brilliant season, 81 goals from 45 games in all competitions!!!!

And to get the winner in the dying minutes of the FA Trophy is just brilliant!

No way I want to leave anytime soon, I have alot more goals to achieve here before I leave!

KUTGW CB!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now 15 goals, from my opening 6 games, with only 2 starts!!

Andrew Smylie in the making here...

15 Goals in 4 starts :p still great though.

An absolutely brilliant season, 81 goals from 45 games in all competitions!!!!

And to get the winner in the dying minutes of the FA Trophy is just brilliant!

No way I want to leave anytime soon, I have alot more goals to achieve here before I leave!

KUTGW CB!!!

Im just hoping the Chairman doesnt accept any silly offers for you, i could always put your price at about 50m and say reject all offers of 50m or less, might make sure that you stay :p

awww man im really really gutted about that, partly because i despise Leeds :( (no offense to any Leeds fans out there)

and partly because ive been looking forward to following the progress of him in the team

29 games at Volvo... 5 at Leeds... bah! :(

anyway, good luck coming to the top lads, hope Matthew Arcamede returns one day!

whats chances of signin' him boss?

I did say i wasnt going to sign anyone, but we'll see after a few season, hopefully we can get him back on a free when his contract runs out, i did try and loan him straight away, but Leeds werent having any of it.

I guess if players want me to try and sign them back i can, but i'd rather wait a season or so first, just because signing them straight away seems a bit silly.

Those 29 games were over a whole season, for Leeds you've played in all games so far, so not to worry ;)

I did say i wasnt going to sign anyone, but we'll see after a few season, hopefully we can get him back on a free when his contract runs out, i did try and loan him straight away, but Leeds werent having any of it.

I guess if players want me to try and sign them back i can, but i'd rather wait a season or so first, just because signing them straight away seems a bit silly.

Those 29 games were over a whole season, for Leeds you've played in all games so far, so not to worry ;)

hah okay man :p

5 games for leeds is never a good thing, would prefer none ;) ha

I would like you to do your best to get him back, but i understand what youre saying and of course he might not want to :(

Im just hoping the Chairman doesnt accept any silly offers for you, i could always put your price at about 50m and say reject all offers of 50m or less, might make sure that you stay :p

What you should do instead is set the asking price at '0' then all the bids will be for nothing. Don't know if this works in 2010 but it did in 09.

September

Results:

1-0 Barnet

1-0 Ebbsfleet

8-0 Newport County

4-0 York

6-0 Kidderminster

Players Stats

Arcamede Stats (was injured for 3 weeks so didnt play many)

Injuries: Ben Cee (Thigh Strain)

So another good month, although two close games at the start of the month, im expecting promotion again.

Greek goalkeeper Manzolous Kanstopalot makes his First Team Debut for Greece, in a 3-0 win over Cyprus. Also how has Tyler Burrows not played for Australia yet

The teams first red card was given this month, to Gavin Hart after he got a 2nd yellow in the game against Barnet.

We got all 3 places in Goal of the Month, but Faerseth won it :p

October

Results:

2-0 AFC Wimbledon

3-0 Grays

6-0 Forest Green

1-0 Buxton (FA Cup)

6-0 Crawley

6-1 Grimsby

Players Stats

Arcamede Stats

Injuries: Matt Ferguson (Groin Strain 7-11 Days)

Jonathan Destiny hasnt been having a great time in goal for Andorra lately, playing twice and conceding 6, although thats probably good for Andorra ;)

We'll play Bury in the 1st round of the FA Cup, a team we SHOULD beat, on our way to the final ;)

Surprised we only beat Buxton 1-0 as well.

November

Results:

6-0 Mansfield

4-0 Bury (FA Cup)

7-1 Gateshead

2-0 Wrexham

10-0 Northampton (FA Cup)

Players Stats

Arcamede Stats

Injuries: Alex Shaw (Pulled Hamstring 12-14 Days)

Alot of our games get called off because so many players are on international duty :p

After Faerseth totally destroyed Northampton scoring 7 of the 10, we'll play Leicester City in the 3rd Round

Ryan Andrews got called up for a friendly for Canada, but didnt play :(

Might do a December update tonight, but January will be done tomorrow, with player screenshots and CA updates, anything else anybody would like, you've got about 24hours to ask for it :p

15 Goals in 4 starts :p still great though.

I meant that :D

If it's not too much to ask, could you try that??? Seems like a good idea!

December

Results:

3-1 Barrow

5-0 Tamworth

4-1 Cambridge

8-0 York (FA Trophy)

7-0 Luton

3-0 Kettering

Player Stats

Arcamede Stats

Injuries: Pablo Gonzalez (Twisted Knee 2-3 Weeks)

Hope these updates are ok for everyone, i feel like im doing them a bit too fast :p and too often, anyone think it'd be better if i just wrote the stuff down and posted maybe 2 or 3 months at a time?

Gavin Hart doubled his goals tally this month with his 4th :p but he got his second red card this month as well. Another defender scoring this month was Steven Kapp, who got his first Volvo FC goal against Luton.

Tyler Burrows broke the BSP goal record in only 20 games

Faerseth is on Burrows form at the minute, and is only 5 goals behind. He also joins Burrows on the clubs Favoured Personnel.

Its the end of December, which means offers are going to come in, so lets hope we keep all the players.

Might aswell answer these now

bjoggi33: unfortunately still only the one, you went back in the u-21s after that game :( how is Faerseth pronounced by the way?

MattFergie: your PA according to FMRTE is 177

PluckaDuck: have done that, lets hope Burrows is still here when we are in Europe ;)

For the people asking for PA, i think ill post them all, but like whitehead.10 said, ill put them under a spoiler.

NeoAC: yeah, you pretty much play all the games, i like to give Beddard the odd chance to show me what he can do, and so far, nothing.

gcah2008: Gavin has played 6 games for Wales U-21, and is now 21 so hopefully a first team appearance will appear soon. As for the team, they havnt been doing so well, failing to qualify for the European Championship

AK85: Lets hope he gets some goals soon. And i'd read somewhere he got banned, does anyone know how long for? because we could sell him on if he isnt coming back for a while :p

going out for a while, but a January update when i get back

January

Results:

2-0 Leicester (FA Cup)

4-0 Fleetwood

6-0 Barrow (FA Trophy)

7-0 Rushden

4-0 Hampton & Richmond

8-0 Altrincham

2-1 Sheff Utd (FA Cup)

1-1 Histon

8-0 Nantwich

Team:

GK Jonathan Destiny (LLR) CA - 123 PA - 189

GK Mazolous Kanstopalot (m1234566778) CA - 152 PA - 192

GK Sam Fuller (thezogsageordie) CA - 137 PA - 183

DC Brettney Jovenuskas (brettney1980) CA - 129 PA - 184

DC Steven Kapp (Jaded) CA - 145 PA - 180

DC Hardas Nails (weeeman27bob) CA - 142 PA - 175

DC Gavin Hart (gcah2008) CA - 142 PA - 182

WBL Kevin Dijkstra (el_Chuese) CA - 95 PA - 171

WBR Gerardo Trunnardi (5ergio) CA - 115 PA - 171

DR Ben Cee (BenArsenal) CA - 127 PA - 180

DL Berg Ryman (bergtaur) CA - 144 PA - 192

DMC Matt Ferguson (MattFergie) CA - 124 PA - 177

MC Chris Ray Buller (coldkohmew) CA - 124 PA - 155

MC/AMC Ben Flash (whitehead.10) CA - 102 PA - 200

MC/AMC Pablo Gonzalez (Blackcats) CA - 132 PA - 190

MR Charlie Morgan (charlie177) CA - 139 PA - 192

ML Ryan Andrews (NeoAC) CA - 138 PA - 199

AMR Frank Fontaine (AK85) CA - 136 PA - 176

ST Björgvin Viktor Færseth (bjoggi33) CA - 140 PA - 191

ST Tyler Burrows (PluckaDuck) CA - 156 PA - 181

AML Matthew Arcamede (arcamede1990) CA -133 PA - 184 Leeds

ST Alex Shaw (mackemforever) CA - 128 PA - 186 Liverpool (Loan)

I made everyones PA white text, so if you just highlight after PA - then you should see it, it just made it look better than having that huge spoiler bar there.

I decided that because mackemforever is banned, that i'd loan out Alex Shaw, much to the annoyance of Burrows :p, and out of various clubs, he chose Liverpool.

Replacement for Alex Shaw is Mark Botley, who isnt amazing, but not bad.

Hardly been any offers for players, nearly all would have been rejected anyway.

Wow, Faerseth is on fire, and has passed Burrows for goals this season, only by 2 but i dont think we expected that at the start of the season, and also, 100+ goals between them.

Despite all those goals, they couldnt get anything past Sheff Utd, but Gavin Hart, and a winner from the regen Botley got us through to the 5th for possibly the biggest game of the players lives, against Manchester United.

Volvo FC 0-3 Manchester United FA Cup 5th round

So the easily the biggest game for Volvo FC and their players, and especially Pablo Gonzalez and Brettney Jovenuskas, who are Man U supporters. Man U didnt put out a first team, but there were still some good players who started.

We made it to Half Time without conceding, and had a fair few chances ourselves, but just not scoring.

2nd half we really went for it, but Ben Foster just wouldnt let anything past him at all, and we ended up conceding 3 times in the last 30 minutes, the score doesnt really say it all though with us having just as many chances as them.

So Volvo FC's cup run is over for another year, but we did get further than last year, and we werent expected to win at all anyway.

Will have a Feb, March and possibly April update tonight, i might do them all in one post though.

Feb, March

Results

Player Stats - February March

Arcamede Stats

Shaw Stats

Not alot to mention really, Ryan Andrews came on as a sub for Canada, but didnt really do much, there wasnt even a rating for him. Another international match saw Jonathan Destiny and Brettney Jovenuskas playing against each other, as Latvia beat Andorra 2-1, probably a good result for Andorra.

35 Games played and Volvo FC are crowned Champions of the Blue Square Premier.

Will post final season update tomorrow, i'd do it tonight but screenshots take a while, because photobucket messes up all the time, and im half day tomorrow at work, so ill have a bit more time.

We are through to the FA Trophy Final again, lets hope we win it again.

End of Season

Results

FA Trophy Final

League Table

English Season Summary 1 2 3 4

Team:

GK Jonathan Destiny (LLR) CA - 123 PA - 189

GK Mazolous Kanstopalot (m1234566778) CA - 152 PA - 192

GK Sam Fuller (thezogsageordie) CA - 143 PA - 183

DC Brettney Jovenuskas (brettney1980) CA - 130 PA - 184

DC Steven Kapp (Jaded) CA - 148 PA - 180

DC Hardas Nails (weeeman27bob) CA - 143 PA - 175

DC Gavin Hart (gcah2008) CA - 144 PA - 182

WBL Kevin Dijkstra (el_Chuese) CA - 98 PA - 171

WBR Gerardo Trunnardi (5ergio) CA - 115 PA - 171

DR Ben Cee (BenArsenal) CA - 132 PA - 180

DL Berg Ryman (bergtaur) CA - 145 PA - 192

DMC Matt Ferguson (MattFergie) CA - 127 PA - 177

MC Chris Ray Buller (coldkohmew) CA - 128 PA - 155

MC/AMC Ben Flash (whitehead.10) CA - 108 PA - 200

MC/AMC Pablo Gonzalez (Blackcats) CA - 133 PA - 190

MR Charlie Morgan (charlie177) CA - 141 PA - 192

ML Ryan Andrews (NeoAC) CA - 138 PA - 199

AMR Frank Fontaine (AK85) CA - 136 PA - 176

ST Björgvin Viktor Færseth (bjoggi33) CA - 141 PA - 191

ST Tyler Burrows (PluckaDuck) CA - 160 PA - 181

ST Alex Shaw (mackemforever) CA - 131 PA - 186

AML Matthew Arcamede (arcamede1990) CA - 137 PA - 184 (Leeds)

PA in white.

Tyler Burrows got called up for Australia finally, but didnt play :(

We finished the season on 200 goals, and the scorer of that 200th goal was Kevin Dijkstra.

We've got three new staff joining us for this season aswell, coaches Frank Sinclair and Jody Craddock (he WANTED to join), and new Assistant Manager Mark Proctor from Middlesbrough.

Also our bank balance is just under £1m :thup:

Only one new youth player was worthy of a mention AMC Dean Person CA- 51 PA- 150, not sure if he'll get in the first team, but who knows, maybe as a sub in a cup match or two.

So off to League 2, and hopefully another good season, with all the same players.

P.S - We are in the league cup this season, and in the first round, we'll play my supported team, Middlesbrough.

coldkohmew: Buller hasnt played in any Finals yet, but i can make sure he does if he isnt injured or anything.

PluckaDuck: yeah, i really thought Færseth was going to finish as top scorer this season. Also a shame Burrows didnt get his first Australia cap, but i reckon it will only be a matter of time before he does.

brettney1980: Brettney has the most caps of all our players at the minute, Berg Ryman just one behind on 12.

Archived