The Best Player You've Ever Had:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sigporsson59:

Andre Sigporsson –greatest striker of all time (CM99/00)

A 17 year old Javier Saviola, becomes GOD in that same Cm99/00 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andri Sigþórsson of KR?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A striker called Ceausila in about CM98. Signed him for Chelsea and he scored bucketfulls, including about 7 in my biggest ever CM victory, 13-2 at Blackburn!

Also had Florentin Petre as someone else mentioned. He'd regularly get 30 goals a season from midfield. The Ronaldo of his day!

Thierry Henry and Bergkamp CM4 81 goals between 'em in one season. Then Denis went a bit whack so i sold him to the MLS remember San Jose Earthquake(s). Thierry still good for a couple years in the game teamed up with the god called ..... Robinho

James Thomas on i think cm01/02. welsh guy, bought for 250k and fired my brentford team to the prem, before selling to Barcelona for £12 mil!

Replaced him with leroy lita( then at bristol city) who won the prem!

God they were the days can just about get out of league two now icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sortitis Ninis, Adrien, James Vaughan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the exact same players on my rangers squad. Got Ninis for £1.1, milan have recently offered £20M, Adrien I got on a free, after his contract at Arsenal expired (and I am in his favourite people!!), and only recently got Vaughn, scored twice in league cup semi final against aberdeen.

Best Player (for me) in 06/07/08: Barry Ferguson.

not many people will even no this guy but i had a game in 07 where i was cambridge, and loaned a striker called Karl Bermingham from Man City, scored 34goals to take me into the play offs 1st season but we lost in play offs, next season managed to sign him for £0 plus 25% sell on, next season his goals took me to the conference title and into L2, but Fulham came in with £1.5m which to a L2 team is massive so i sold him, the start of the season went very long and a lack of goals saw me sitting bottom on L2, i then took a look at the Fulham team and Bermingham was there on the Loan List, so took him for the rest of the season and again he scored the goals that kept me up and also managed to sign him for £200k at the end of the season, so he is my FM Legend from FM07. Dont know where he is now though because he doesnt play for City anymore icon_confused.gif

Christian Bucchi for Napoli on FM 2007!

A targetman-god who could also take free kicks. He took me to the Serie A comfortably and then went topscorer for 2 seasons straight in the Serie A. He was getting on a bit by then so after 4 seasons I let him go but I really felt sad about it.

Cant remember exactly the editions of these guys or the first name in most instances but hopefully you guys will remember them but all were legends

CM2 - Peter Smith right wing back and best player on the game from brighton

Fernando Gamboa, Rene Scheider and Marcio Santos

Duncliffe and Dillon - CM97/98 maybe?

Lebohang? Mokoena

robbie keane/bakayko. amc/fc could score 50-60 in cm 97/98

andre sigporsson

peter prospar

costed 200k and made 70 goals per seson cm 98 or something

all those where so good and easy to get that an division 2-3 could play in CL with only that signing.

In FM07 I took over a very gifted but struggling Barcelona squad in 2010. The lack of squad depth was scary but with a few signings I ended up having an all time favourite side:-

GK Valdes

RB Rafhina

LB Marchelo (think thats how you spell it)

CB Puyol

CB Toure

CM Xavi

CM Deco

CM Fabregas

AML Ronaldinho

AMR Walcott

ST Eto

I would have AML & AMR swap positions and have arrows to the ST position.

Of this team my favourite player was Eto who was an amazing ST. In my first FULL season with Barca I secured an historic double with a league title and CL victory no thanks to Eto's return of 56 goals in 55 games. I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to ruin it or for things to go wrong so half way through the next season (I was top of the league) I quit and took over my beloved Oldham. Thinking back now I almost have a tear in my eye. FAVOURITE GAME EVER!!!

I'd just like to add that it wasn't my favourite game because of the things I one. I have won more plenty of times before. I enjoyed it the most because I had Barca playing exactly how I wanted them to and the football was enjoyable to watch. Free scoring, quick short passing with unbelievable movement. I have never been close since to being that satisfied.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Everyone knows Cherno Samba will be the greatest striker in the World

...hang on...

Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on his own up front in my arsenal team scored 60 goals every season for about 13 or 14 years! had a random pa though i think.and on also 01/02 (i think, on xbox) Crespo always used to average over a 9 for me most seasons

Rolando Bianchi. Signed him for Leeds in the championship,, got sent off first game but then got 42 goals in 38 games. I forgave him for getting sent off. We went up that season and then in the premiership he got 23 goals and then next season he missed half of it and got 13 goals and then the season after he got 18 goals in 40 appearances with 27 assists. When he didn't score he got an assist.

Mitchell Bryant was a 15 year old when my FM07 game started and he grew to be the most prolific scorer in Europe during the course of my game. I would use him as a target-man and he would score loads off of crosses and corners, but he was good with the ball at his feet and he scored quite a few wonder goals during my save. The weird thing is that I don't think he was utilized correctly by the English team because he never really scored much for the national squad. One year he had some ridiculous strike rate, something like 1.5 goals per game. Not the best around here, but still impressive.

A regen, Gerardo Carotenuto turned out to be his generations Gattuso. He was a fantastic DM and had a laser for a right foot. He hit some fantastic 30 yarders, but I prized him for his defensive attributes. The only real complaint I ever had with him was when he was sent off in a CL final for a bad tackle in the box. We ended up losing.

My all-time favorite player was Terry Vaughan, an English regen. He played on the right wing and was a mix of Beckham's passing/crossing and Ronaldo's dribbling. He never scored too much from open play, but he was simply amazing darting down the wing and crossing to Bryant in the box. Vaughan was one of those players that FM-ers would just love to watch. Slightly odd, how one can get so much kick out of watching a 2d circle run circles around the opposition, but he sure kept me entertained for several years (in-game time, of course).

What I love about these 3 is that they all either joined my squad as youngesters (Carotenuto) or were produced from my club's academy (Bryant and Vaughan). All 3 spent their entire careers at my club and all 3 earned countless honors.

Wow, I need to get out more icon_biggrin.gif

Archived