FM10 Launch problem

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get a box pop up saying 'Preparing to launch Football Manager 2010' the box fades and then..... nothing. Nothing at all. No matter how many times i try! I knew using Steam was a bad idea!

This is exactly what is happening to me. The demo worked fine. I uninstalled it earlier too.

d3dx9_41.dll is what is causing my problem, re-installing directX did nothing though.

Thats not theproblem

trust me.

I found that .dll from internet. Put it in the correct folders but than it asked for a different .dll

steam_api or something.

I found it, put it in the appropriate folders, but it again asked for a different .dll

yay!!! steam does it again...god bless you SI/SEGA

i get the following error message when i try to launch the game

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 10.1.0.19311

Application Timestamp: 4ae7b4af

Fault Module Name: d3dx9_41.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821

Exception Code: c0000135

Exception Offset: 00009eed

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 9d13

Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3: 9d13

Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

ermmm... got it working, not sure how though! started to run the dotnetfix... but then steam popped up saying that it had finished downloading. ran the game, and it worked! try the dotnetfix on the FM directx folder and see if you have any joy with that

Same here. After becoming available, I tried to run it for the first time and it said it wasn't compatible with my version of windows. (I've just installed the 64 bit version of windows 7 ultimate) I restarted steam and tried to run it again, now the 'launching game box' comes up and then dissapears seconds later without doing anything.

Grr.

I did a 'validate game cache' and once that finished its now downloading an update - I assume steam 'short changed' some of us due to the massive load on their system and now those of us that cant get it to work are getting the bits that are missing (or its the patch..)

I would suggest attempting Slipknots above advice to rectify this problem

IT worked for me - game now runs (although it takes a full 30 seconds to load... wtfs up with that? FM2009 loaded in about 4 seconds.... ah well.)

And now it works - I have to go to bed. I KNEW I was supposed to take tomorrow off work for something....

Archived