rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Giligans Island 2014/15 review

Season Summary

Two in a row! This time we led the league from start to finish before taking a 1-0 over the Army and almost tripled the closest team in goal differential. I was correct, we didn't play in the Asian Club Championship over the summer due to the World Cup, but did get into the President's Cup at the end of the season. We had an amazing run and coasted through the group phase undefeated, before winning on penalties against Vahsh of Tajikistan to advance to the club's first ever continental final. We were without one of our two talented center backs for the entire tournament and matters got worse when our back up went down with an injury in the 63rd minute with the score 0-0. ITTU of Turkiministan scored a wonder goal in the 87th minute to steal the title from us in heart-breaking fashion. Oh well, there is always next season.

2015 Standings

Transfer News

The improvement this season is again down to the advancement of my young players. I took a hit a few years ago in the form of two consecutive near bottom of the table finishes when I spent my money on investing in good coaches and releasing aging veterans, but it has paid off. With the average age of my squad being just 19, I think I can dominate the remainder of my domestic league barring any unforseen setbacks. In some interesting news, Pasargad FC have built a new 5,476 seat stadium. It's good to see more investment, higher attendances, and increased player values in the national game. However, we are all still waiting to see who signs the first foreigner.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so close Brixton. Hope you can win the President's Cup next season. :thup:

And great first season already archie. Hope you can win the finals as well. :thup:

As for Persma, it has been an up and down season. We're fighting for a 2nd Phase spot, but we have been decimated by long term injuries. I think I will stop all my players from participating in internationals because some got their injuries from those games. It's a bit annoying but I don't necessarily want another promotion, as I know I will go back down to the Premier Division.

Giligans Island 2015/16 review

Season Summary

When success rains, it pours. Not only did we pick up the hat trick with our third consecutive national title, but we found success in the continent as well. We advanced to our second-straight President's Cup final on penalties after a win over Khemara of Cambodia and won our first ever continental crown with a 1-0 victory over Istiqulol Dushanbe! Our defense conceded just one goal in the entire tournament, a group game where I rested all but four my regular starters. In addition to all of this, I was offered and accepted the national team job. I proceeded to fill the team with all of my players. :)

Final Standings

President's Cup

Transfer News

My players are really coming into their own. I've managed to tie up the top two players on my team with full-time contracts. Oh and I am an idiot - the Asian Club Championship is played just once every two years. Duh. That is the next goal...and trying to sign a foreign player.

Persma Manado

Indonesia

Premier Division (Group A)

2011-2012

Media Prediction: 9th

Finishing Position: First Phase - 4th

Indonesian Cup: lost in 4th Round

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Transfers

I revamped the squad to survive the Premier Division, and also signed my first foreigner.

Future Transfers

I have this good prospect signed for next year.

Finances

Finances

A big profit thanks to a long cup run, end of season award money, and a nice investment by the new chairman. He says he will consider replacing me, but I believe I can stay from the performance I've shown.

Key Players

GK - Dedi Heryanto

DR - Imam Suprapto

DC - M. Darwis

DC/DM/MC - Rudy Imron

MC - Arif Warobay

ST - Yance Setiawan

Club Information

Affiliations

Overview

Facilities

Goals for 2012-2013

• promotion push
  • find a young striker
  • continue to make money

[font=Courier New]Year       Division         Position    Indonesian Cup   Other
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4185332&postcount=161"]2010-2011[/url]  First Division        1st         2nd Round     N/A
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4195615&postcount=209]2011-2012[/url]  Premier Division      4th         4th Round     N/A
[/font]

Shouldn't be Dalian about on FM all day - Dalian Yiteng - Chinese National First Division - 2010

Media prediction: 12th

Final position: 10th

Chinese Cup: 2nd round

Top scorer: Gilsinho - 14 goals

Player of the year: Sun Shilin

Overview:

So here I am, in China. A nation with great potential but have been seriously under performing of late. I guess what they need is a handsome Englishman to come along and give it the kick up the Chairman Maos.

A disappointing season overall but seeing as the main aim was staying up and getting to grips with the local food and language, I would say it was a season well done.

After storming to three wins out of three at the start of the season, I went on a 7 game run that included no goals whatsoever. However, a small pick up in form, albeit with some more dour performances in front of goal meant that I was in danger of going down or going up. It was one of huge frustration and summed up by the massive inconsistency of my Brazilian striker Gilsinho - a player capable of destroying most teams in the league but hardly ever does and comes off the pitch after a woeful time in the game being man marked out of contention.

I think this is partly my tactics which have taken an age and is still taking an age to perfect. I think its far to say I'm still tweaking with the settings and finding out what works best.

To put the season in a nutshell, it can be summed up by the distribution of the awards with both the manager of the month being obtained for both the first and last months of the season.

The Chinese Cup, which kicks off the season brought about some positive vibes as I thrashed Nanjing 3-0 but sadly I suffered 1-0 in the next round to the more mightier Shenzen of the Super League. In short, I ain't too fussed about this thing right now.

Other news:

Totally didn't see this one coming.

Although not too surprising seeing as I have been selling my stadium out for the majority of the season. The problem is, it just puts more strain on the finances seeing as I paid out 150k just for finishing 10th in the league. I just hope playing with some extra seats means some more income. I am also having a right job shifting around 12 players who are absolutely useless but stuck on 2 year contracts after the pillock before me decided they warranted extensions.

I just can't shift them.

The clubs finances have now dipped into "insecure" despite a 65k injection by the board.

One(s) to watch:

Lui Dianzhuo - Absolute gem last season and despite his tender age has worked his way into the no1 spot.

Next seasons goals:

• Hope the finances improve
  • Rebuild the squad
  • Shift the deadwood
  • Better last season (9th or higher)

Year		League			Final Pos.	FA Cup		Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010		First Division		10th		2nd round	Gilsinho (14)	

Hilarious and yet sad really. The board have injected two amounts of 65k and 100k respectively yet I'm still in the red. Its also ridiculously hard to sign players given the restrictions over player contracts in China. Yet they still offered me a fat two year contract extension.

Grrr, it seems as if until I reach the promised land of promotion this is gonna be a toughie. I don't fancy my chances this season unless a meteor hits the rest of the teams training camps.

Grrr, it seems as if until I reach the promised land of promotion this is gonna be a toughie. I don't fancy my chances this season unless a meteor hits the rest of the teams training camps.

:D A new hidden feature in the game perhaps?

The way I thought it worked was there was 3 levels of continental competition Brixton so you win that and you get into the condefederations one and then champions if you win that.

Edit: The AFF one is a south east asian regional one so doesn't qualify you for anything but you should get into the asian confederation cup.

It all depends on team and league reputation, in fm08 winners of the hong kong league started by getting into the confederations cup and it was like that for some time, then the top team got into the acl and second place into the acc, it depends on how well teams from your country do during x ammount of years.

The only reason that england has what.. 4 CL spots? is due to the fact that english teams always perform well in continental competition and therefore with the teams always doing well that increases their coefficiency.

So, it might take some time for a team to qualify for a bigger competition.

Ah, well I simulated ahead just to see what would happen if I won it two years running and the President's Cup three years running and nada. That was in 2024, maybe the reputation of the Filipino league should be enhanced a little bit to make it a reasonable challenge. No worries, I'm trying to decide which country to start at next. Maldives or Nepal?

kabajingai: It's a good first season. From my experience in playing in China, you're pretty much in debt until you get to the Super League. Once you get rid of the deadwood, it'll be easier to manage...

Quackje: the only restriction I know is that you have to have a Chinese GK. I think it's the same for another country

Brixton: I think it would be best for you (and other challengers) to be in countries that are either in the AFC Champions League or the AFC Cup. The list is here

EDIT: I updated the original post. All those teams based in those countries are eligible for either the AFC Champions League or AFC Cup.

What restrictions are there on contracts in China?

This might be a bug but I'm not too sure. I was aware of general restrictions for footballers in the great republic, but seeing as this is affected non-nationals, I'll have to take a closer look.

Basically its impossible to sign players on free transfers between clubs during the 6 months before it ends. China has a pretty daft system whereby a player cannot pre-sign an agreement with another club without the express commitment of his current club. So basically, the player can't move unless a fee is agreed by the two clubs or if he is not under contract anymore. Professional footballers are in essence, like most Chinese nationals, employees of the government they are not allowed to move freely between domestic teams under the agreements of the bosman ruling like in the EU. The same situation occurs in Japan as well, primarily to avoid players and clubs from abusing the contract system and losing out on compensation etc.

What effect this has on the game is that its really hard to snatch some better players (i.e. reserves in Super league teams) unless you have lots of money to buy them (which I don't) or have a high rep (which again, I don't.) So far I am relying on offering very low bids for players that clubs simply want shot of. Of course there is nothing stopping players outside of China moving here on a 6 month bosman.

What is interesting is that my experiences so far mirror exactly the type of things that go in China. Basically teams will hemorrhage money left, right and centre but the clubs will still pump money (hence my three cash injections three times in as many months) despite the financial black holes apparent at the club.

Nope, the winner doesn't even get into the confederation's one. It's a dead end.

The winners of the AFC Cup, which is the 2nd ranked continental trophy qualify for next year's ACL in the qualifying round iirc. IRL, once a league has increased its infrastructure and its teams are doing well in the Presidents Cup, they will then start to receive byes into AFC Cup and then the ACL.

I really do not know if the AI generates AFC Cup entrants through team rep or league rep. if its the latter then it is indeed a dead end, but if its the former you'll just have to keep winning the damn thing and somehow increase your rep.

I'm fairly sure that the Maldives may have made the step up from the Presidents to the AFC Cup IRL.

But as it stands I would advise people wanting a "challenge" to play AFC Cup eligible teams only:

• Bahrain
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Nepal
  • Oman
  • Singapore
  • Syria
  • Thailand
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vietnam
  • Yemen

Al-Tohami 2013-2014 Update

I'll start with some big off the pitch news. Our team made the jump to full professional status, and I was finally allowed to scout outside of the Middle East, and my ability to scout all of Asia would pay big dividends. I was given little money for tranfers again (about £12k), but a wage budget about 6 times what I was currently paying, so I would use that to my advantage to spend more in the transfer market (these would be my first ever non-free signings). So who did I buy?

Transfers

Al-Sultan would quickly become my new starter at right back, and Ghaly would bring some experience to the midfield. Park Jin-Ho was my star signing, leading the team in scoring. I tried to sign Alves before the season after his contract Al-Ittihad expired, but he thought I didn't have enough resources. Went back a few months later, and I guess he decided that my limited resources were better than nothing, and signed to strengthen the team for the stretch run and the Saudi Cup.

We started the season with two 3-0 losses sandwiching a 1-0 win against fellow new boys Al-Fasali. The losses bothered me less than the scores - my team was built on defense. But then, the team started rolling, gaining points in 7 straight (5W, 2D). After a loss, we went on another role, briefly taking over first place about two thirds of the way through the season. All this set up a big match in our second last game of the season...

We sat two points behind first place, held by Saudi power Al-Ittihad and Al-Hilal on 42 points, although Al-Hilal was a game ahead, having already played the day before. We had Al-Ittihad at home, and I dared to dream that we might get a win and vault ourselves into first with only a road game against ninth place Al-Qadisiyah remaining. Time to set my line up and discover that my starting goalie and star striker are still traveling back from international duty, striker Park Jin-Ho having just received his first cap. Talk about bad timing! The team fought hard, and overcame some poor play by the rusty back-up keeper to earn a 3-3 draw. A decent result, but one that left me in fourth after Al-Ahli won as well to go to 42 points. It would be an action backed last week, but a 3-1 victory (despite my left back being sent off if the 17th minute) wouldn't be enough as the 3 teams above me all won. Still, not bad for our first season in the Premier League.

Table

All was not lost, we did pick up a trophy, beating Al-Qadisiyah 2-1 in the Crown Prince Cup final. All in all, a great first season for the team!

The winners of the AFC Cup, which is the 2nd ranked continental trophy qualify for next year's ACL in the qualifying round iirc. IRL, once a league has increased its infrastructure and its teams are doing well in the Presidents Cup, they will then start to receive byes into AFC Cup and then the ACL.

I really do not know if the AI generates AFC Cup entrants through team rep or league rep. if its the latter then it is indeed a dead end, but if its the former you'll just have to keep winning the damn thing and somehow increase your rep.

I'm fairly sure that the Maldives may have made the step up from the Presidents to the AFC Cup IRL.

But as it stands I would advise people wanting a challenge to play AFC Cup eligible teams only:

• Bahrain
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Nepal
  • Oman
  • Singapore
  • Syria
  • Thailand
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vietnam
  • Yemen

Yes that is indeed the list of AFC eligible teams. I updated the original post as well. :thup:

The finalists of the AFC Cup get in the Qualifying Round of the AFC Champions League.

Thats a real shame, I thought you got "promoted" if you won the competition, worked last year in Malaysia but of course couldn't play down as low as President's cup countries.

It used to work down to the President's Cup, I took a team from there into the ACL on FM08.

The takeover has finally been completed which is great because we are now out of debt. I have been told that I will be informed soon on if I will keep my job which I really hope I do. The bad thing is the transfer window is now closed so I didn't get a chance to make any transfers.

The takeover has finally been completed which is great because we are now out of debt. I have been told that I will be informed soon on if I will keep my job which I really hope I do. The bad thing is the transfer window is now closed so I didn't get a chance to make any transfers.

Hah, you'll be back in debt by the next transfer window.

I'm pretty sure the chairman will offer you a new contract, like what the new owners did for me. :thup:

I really wish Indonesian clubs has some kind of youth teams. I hate these bidding wars. :(

Glorious Days Return to Perth - Perth Glory - Australian A-League

2010/11 Review

Media Prediction - 10th (last)

Final Table - 1st

Finals Series - Major Semi Final 1st Leg, Major Semi Final 2nd Leg, Grand Final.

Finances

Transfers

Robert Cornthwaite

Signed on a free from Adelaide United as my first signing as Perth Glory coach. Was expected to be back-up but was holding down a first team spot at the heart of defence when he injured his knee in Round 11 and missed the remainder of the season. Should be ready for the begining of next season.

Shane Lowry

One half of the Aussie duo I got for free from Aston Villa, Lowry was a solid left back who was dependable for me all season. Unfortunately he, like Cornthwaite, suffered cruciate knee ligament damage later in the season and will not return until August at the very earliest. Struggled throughout the season, commenting that he wasn't coping with the pressure from the fans and coaching staff.

Chris Herd

The second part of my mini Villa raid netted me central midfielder Chris Herd. Did exactly the job I bought him in to do screening the defence and then joining in the attack. A fantastic addition.

Santiago Silva

Started the season on fire bagging four in the opening four matches before going missing for the middle part of the season. Came back strong towards the end and finished with 17 goals from his 30 games. Needs to be more consitant.

Nick Ward

A real bargain signing saw Nick Ward re-joining the club. Half way through the season I asked him to start getting forward more and I was rewarded with four goals in his next four games.

Player of the Season - Branko Jelic: Immense is the only word to describe the 33 year old this season. In pre-season, when formulating my plans for the year ahead, Jelic was seen as a back up striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation. In my last couple of friendlies, i through him up front with new signing Santiago Silva and the combination was looking very promising. Obviously I'm delighted I changed my mind. Another change of plans regarding Jelic saw me offering him a new two year deal. Early in the season I'd decided I wouldn't extend his deal, but his form warranted an extension and hopefully he can continue his stellar form. His best performance came in this game. Picked up individual awards for Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year and Golden Boot.

Best Youngster - Ryan Taylor: As a 16 year old he played important roles for us towards the end of the season. Has already been selected for the Australian Under 21's. An exciting prospect.

Season	League		Pos	Asia
2010/11	A-League	1st	N/A

So, having gotten frustrated with my lack of progress in dafuge's challenge, taking on an even tougher challenge has got to be the way to go, right? Right.

Sukhothai FC has begun its march towards Thai and world football domination! :D

(It looks like nobody gets relegated from the Division Two regional leagues, I just holidayed a year and took one of the teams predicted to finish last.)

Congratulations Archie on a great first season. I also picked up Herd on a free and he has been good for me. I have found that the best way to get good players is to scout the Australian national team players all the time and if any of them get released from their overseas clubs they will normally join.

Only 18 rounds in to season 3 of the challenge (A-league) and Central Coast have already qualified for the finals series. They are 20 points clear of 2nd place (me). I seriously have no idea how I'm going to chase them down. Their marquee striker is starting to lose it, but his young partner is just starting to hit his peak at 26, netting 13 goals in 15 games, so he'll be dangerous for the next 5 or so seasons. Hopefully he gets poached... maybe I should tap him up and get some media in on the hype.

Holy ****!

small update at end of season.

Lost in the major semi-final against those titans at Central Coast with a 6-2 aggregate. I cleaned up Adelaide 2-0 in the prelim, and came up against Central Coast in the final at their home ground. I was down 2-0 in the first 30 minutes and it looked like another rout. Last 20 minutes of the game and I get 2 snappy goals to take it to extra time. Out of nowhere, I get another 2 goals in the 1st half of ET, and then spent the rest of the match nervous as hell! I wondered why I dominated so late, and then I looked at the condition of the other team... all below 70%. So in the end I made a major upset and beat the stern favourites 4-2 to win the A-league grand final!!!!!

This was even more remarkable considering I had just come off of a 4-4 draw with Pohang Steelers in the ACL :D

Persmin Minahasa - 2011/12 Review

Indonesian First Division: First Stage - 2nd Final - Runners up

Indonesian Cup: Runners up

A great 2nd season, as we manage to win promotion, and have an unexpected run in the cup. Although we ended up finishing 2nd on goal difference, it was more comfortable than that for most of the season, and we deserved it. In the 2nd stage we did just enough to get to the Final, taking 5 points from 3 games, before losing 3-2 to Produta FC in the Final.

The cup run was unbelievable, especially as I didn't think we'd get through the 1st Round after being drawn against Super League Persija. 2-0 wins home and away followed though, and from there on we continued to upset bigger clubs all of the way to the Final. In the subsequent rounds, we beat Mitra Kukar (Prem, 3-1 on aggregate), Persebaya (SL, 3-2), Persikad (Prem, 5-3), Persigo (D1, 3-1) and Arema of the Super League were beaten on away goals after a 1-1 draw.

In the Final we played Super League Persipura and, in a tight match, we fell behind in the 73rd minute. However, Tony Hidayat sent the tie into extra time with a goal 5 minutes from the end. Persipura restored the lead 2 minutes into extra time from the penalty spot, before Hidayat equalised again with 8 minutes left. With 115 minutes on the clock, we were awarded a penalty, but Saputra's shot was saved, and Persipura went on to take the title 5-3 on penalties. Nevertheless, an amazing run.

Finances - Boosted considerably by the cup run.

Best Eleven

Djoko Saputra 36 apps, 6 goals, 2 assists Avg 7.11

Tony Hidayat 36 apps, 14 goals, 5 assists, Avg 6.76

Syahrul Akbar 33 apps, 14 goals, 4 assists, Avg 6.76

Saputra had a decent season at right back, and Hidayat and Akbar had good returns for the season with 14 goals each.

Onwards and upwards into the Premier Division, just making sure we stay up and don't fall victim of the dodgy relegation system will be the main priority. I'm not expecting much in the cup after this season's exploits.

Season	Division		Pos	Cup	Asia
2010/11	First Division		3rd	R1	n/a
2011/12	First Division		2nd	RU	n/a

Well, I have a dilemma. Star striker Park Jin-Ho demanded to be transfer listed (it was only a matter of time before someone did). No problem, agreed to his request and set a value. Cruz Azul comes in with a bid for much less (I think it may have even been less than his base value), so I replied with a ridiculous bid, plus a huge sum after an international appearance, expecting them to get the message and go away. Instead, they come back with a bid for more than his value, and the £40 MILLION I demanded after an international appearance. A part of me wants to take it and laugh, but it seems that this has to be a bug of some kind, and I don't really want to exploit it.

So, what would the other posters here do?

I would class that as a bug but I would negotiate it down to a realistic amount (roughly his value) and then accept it. It could be worth posting details of it in GD or the bugs section to see what they say.

Cobgrats on the promotion Jsalter. I'm about 10 games in to my next season in Iran and guess what? I'm 7th again.

A-league: Brisbane Roar FC

2012/2013

Media Prediction - 2nd

Finished - 2nd

Finals - Winner!!

Asian Champions League - Won in 2nd Round (to be continued into next season...)

Table

Well, Central Coast Mariners have the word 'coast' in their name for a reason, finishing 19 points ahead of me. I seem to be stuck in a purgatory between the Mariners and the rest of the pack. I can't see myself winning the league anytime soon, but at least I've got the elusive finals series under my belt. I got beaten with a 6-2 aggregate in the major semi-final against the Mariners, beat Adelaide 2-0 in the second chance draw, to meet the Mariners again in the finals. I was 2-0 down with 30 minutes to go, so I brought on a bunch of fresh legs, told my team to go for broke, and by the 85th minute I'd pegged it back to 2-2. I was pretty nervous going into extra-time, but in a stroke of pure managerial skill (or luck) my team netted 2 goals in the first half of ET, securing me the trophy with a 4-2 win.

Transfers - Finances (Forgot screen, but I made a profit of 340k this season, and am 1.8m in the red)

Playing in the ACL has also helped my finances a little bit, and may do so more if I keep up my form. If I can slip in an upset or two and make the final I'll be more than happy. I've qualified for next year's already, so I've got another chance if I waste this one.

I'm pretty happy with how my team is coming together. Just as my old stars are fading into the background, my wave of young talent is starting to hit form, so I wont need to sign many players. I also signed a young Brazillian called Mauricio at the start of the season who started to hit some amazing form towards the end. I expect him to be the top striker in a year or two with the way he is playing. His pace is destroying all of the ACL teams. I also scouted two new young guns (a GK and a DC) who will sit in my youth team for a year or so until I start easing them in. I also found Scott Jamieson on a free transfer, who will fill my problem left-back area.

Player of the year:

Sergio Van Dijk - Again. Prolific in front of goals, and can hardly put a foot wrong. I only wish he didn't have to play for Indonesia every second weekend.

Next Season?

- Aim to close the gap on Central Coast

- Qualify for the ACL again

- See how I go in this years ACL and then go one better next time

- Baby steps :D

Season        League      Position      Finals Series      ACL
---------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011     A-League       5th             5th           DNQ
2011/2012     A-League       2nd             2nd           DNQ
2012/2013     A-League       2nd             1st           in progress

Archived