rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

It's been a bit quiet in here but I have been following. Hope you can come to India soon Crouchy. :p

I'm finding India pretty interesting btw. All because the MLS has just signed the first Indian player, who's playing with the Kansas City Wizards. :D

If the challenge couldn't get much harder...I'm going to make it (slightly) harder for FM11. It's a small change that won't happen until you reach continental competitions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi. I'm considering starting the challenge in Qatar, i'm just wondering if this file is okay to use as opposed to the one found in the All Asia package?

Yeah. That's fine. I approve all of JLlo's Asian league files. :thup:

Oh btw, that Japanese league file has no relegation to the Regional leagues. I will allow players to start with the worst JFL club after holidaying a year.

League reset date January 20 iirc.

10z3f2f.gif

Adelaide United FC

Hyundai A-League - Season 4-6 - 2014-2016

Just a small review of the 3 seasons that have passed since my last update, In the A-League we've only won the league once in the past 3 seasons, hoping to change it soon.

Hyundai A-League  |  2010/11  |  3rd  |
Hyundai A-League  |  2011/12  |  9th  |
Hyundai A-League  |  2012/13  |  1st  |
Hyundai A-League  |  2013/14  |  1st  |
Hyundai A-League  |  2014/15  |  3rd  |
Hyundai A-League  |  2015/16  |  2nd  |

On the other hand we've won the Finals Series 3 years running, let's see how long we can keep that winning run up :)

Finals Series  |  2012/13  |  runner-up  |
Finals Series  |  2013/14  |  Winner  |
Finals Series  |  2014/15  |  Winner  |
Finals Series  |  2015/16  |  Winner  |

Our good performance in the Finals Series has kept us in the ACL where we've done well, reaching the 2nd round during the 2013/14 season only losing in extra time 3-4, during the 2014/15 season we managed to reach the Semi-Final losing to eventual winners Al-Ahli(KSA) 3-4 on aggregate (3-3 and 0-1).

During the 2015/16 season we only got as far as the Quarter-Final losing to FC Seoul 1-3 on aggregate (0-2 and 1-1).

Asian Champions League  |  2013/14  |  2nd round  |
Asian Champions League  |  2014/15  |  Semi-Final |
Asian Champions League  |  2015/16  |  Quarter-Final |

One thing is certain, come FM11 there is no chance I'll be in Australia unless they have removed their horrible wage limit, at least have it higher, might return to HK or look for some other place to call home.

• 1 month later...

I think this is where I should post for #8000. :p

Anyways, thought about bumping this thread back up. With two months until the release of FM11 I don't really expect anyone to really play my challenge much, since it's been inactive for 2 months... (and it's always been the quietest starting around this time as everyone uninstalls FM10 and prepares for FM11) but I certainly wouldn't mind if they give a shot at this challenge. With dynamic reputation, it would be interesting whether can code something like for example, if Qatar were to be better than Saudi Arabia, would Qatar receive 4 ACL spots, and the Saudi league would have less ACL spots?

Overall, don't expect too many changes for the FM11 challenge. There will be similar rules, but I'll be a little more restrictive on which XML files to use for the challenge. I am also very open to allowing people who manage to manage in Japan to have real players, so I will open to people downloading an XML file that I will choose which has the Japanese player data.

As for the participation, it's been a bit quiet compared to last year and the first year I had the challenge. But these things are out of my control and I'm really hoping that more people try managing an Asian club. And of course there's the international element of the challenge.

I also thought for a moment whether to add New Zealand to this challenge, to make it a Asian/Oceanic challenge (if everyone forgot, I did include South Africa in the FM09 challenge). But I've decided that I won't add New Zealand to the FM11 challenge for various reasons.

I hope some of you who are a bit overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity of the rules and restrictions of Asian football, please give it a shot for FM10, or for the FM11 challenge, which will have minor changes which will hopefully make it even more harder to dominate the world. :p

• 3 weeks later...

So to do this challenge in Australia I would holiday for one year and then take over the team predicted to finish last? Need something to play along with my current games, I am thinking that with one league loaded the seasons will fly by.

So to do this challenge in Australia I would holiday for one year and then take over the team predicted to finish last? Need something to play along with my current games, I am thinking that with one league loaded the seasons will fly by.

Take over the team that finishes last after the first season AcidBurn. :thup:

I started my Asian challenge in Thailand - I picked Chonburi (when I was on holiday in Thailand i saw them play, so I thought I'd pick them)

My results after 10 seasons in charge:

- 10 league wins

- 7 Queens cup wins

- 8 charity shield wins (Khor Royal cup)

- 5 FA cup wins

- 4 South East Asian cup (every 2 years, never lost a game)

- 1 Asian Champions league win

Games played 535: wins 422, draws 60 and lost 53, goals for 1546(2.9) and against 436(0.8)

I also started as the Thailand national manager - qualified twice for the Asia games and qualified for 1 World Cup! (2018)

Highest ranking for Thailand was 28th in the world!!

I've been looking for an Asian data update but can't find any - can anybody help my find a good data update that I can download?

I started my Asian challenge in Thailand - I picked Chonburi (when I was on holiday in Thailand i saw them play, so I thought I'd pick them)

My results after 10 seasons in charge:

- 10 league wins

- 7 Queens cup wins

- 8 charity shield wins (Khor Royal cup)

- 5 FA cup wins

- 4 South East Asian cup (every 2 years, never lost a game)

- 1 Asian Champions league win

Games played 535: wins 422, draws 60 and lost 53, goals for 1546(2.9) and against 436(0.8)

I also started as the Thailand national manager - qualified twice for the Asia games and qualified for 1 World Cup! (2018)

Highest ranking for Thailand was 28th in the world!!

I've been looking for an Asian data update but can't find any - can anybody help my find a good data update that I can download?

You mean a player update? This challenge only uses the official SI data updates (and XML files approved by me). Chonburi aren't eligible for this challenge, but very good work mate nonetheless. :thup:

You mean a player update? This challenge only uses the official SI data updates (and XML files approved by me). Chonburi aren't eligible for this challenge, but very good work mate nonetheless. :thup:

Hi, thanks for your reply - a pity Chonburi aren't eligible, but i started my Thai game before i came across this thread.

I was looking for a decent Asian player data update with transfers and new players etc (not for this challenge) - and I hoped that someone who reads this thread might know a decent data update.

Archived