rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2012/2013(Season 3)- Ethan13

After winning both Australian titles last year we were looking to continue our success and build for the ACL at the end of the season.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

We started brilliantly but then fell away and couldn't catch Central Coast once they got in front.

A-League Finals Series- Even though we saw red in both legs of the first final against Central Coast we managed to go through on away goals. The grand final saw half our normal first 11 out due to international commitments which was really annoying but we managed to get the win and back to back final series.

Asian Champions League- We finished top of our group and won 1-0 in extra time in the first knockout round. Hopefully we can go even further then the quarter final.

Finances- The takeover went through which really improved the finances.

Transfers- Was under a transfer embargo at the start of the season for the whole first transfer window but managed to pick up some good European players on frees as the season went on.

Squad

Key Player- Cristiano- For the third year in a row he was brilliant. His best season so far with 31 goals.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Aims from Last Season

- Defend A-League title FAILED and ACHIEVED

- Improve squad for the ACL at the end of the year ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season

-Reclaim regular season title

-Attempt to continue in current ACL (Currently in Quarter Finals)

Domestic:

Season    League    Position    Final Series    ACL    CWC    
----------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd             N/A     N/A       
2011/12   A-League  1st         1st             N/A     N/A
2012/13   A-League  2nd         1st             N/A     N/A
----------------------------------------------------------------

Homentmen

Homentmen.png

I guess I was just a bit bored in Iraq, that save isn't dead I just kind of moved about a bit. Anyway I ended up in Lebanon at Homentmen which has a spookily similar name to Homenmen which also play in Lebanon. I didn't have logos for this team at the start but I found some and thanks to a guy at sortitoutsi I got them made up to work in fm.

2010/11

Not a lot to say, the team was pretty bad etc.. and we finished in 8th.

2011/12

Theres clearly not as much talent in Lebanon as Iraq and its very hard to find anyone half decent. The best player was in fact an Iraqi, Khalid Uda. I really need to find more people that can play football. Nonetheless before the last game of the season this was the very tense situation. To make it all the more important, I was playing at home against Ahed in 1st and Nejmeh in 4th was playing at home against Ansar in 2nd. Whoever won this round of the championship probably deserved the title, needless to say I lost and finished 3rd.

Domestic

Season | League | Cup     | Elite | Super
10/11  | 8th    | 1st Rnd | N/A   | N/A
11/12  | 3rd    | Semi    | N/A   | N/A

I thought I would write up the stats for everyone who has managed at least one season, its a bit of a mess right now with asian seasons not running in sync with many leagues. If I have got anything wrong do tell me, * next to active save for people with more than one.

Nation       | Club                  | Manager        | Year  | Tier | Domestic  | Asian CL | Asian Conf.
Australia    | North Queensland Fury | ShootTheRunner | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Australia    | Perth Glory           | archie#10      | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Australia    | Adelaide United       | Ethan13        | 12/13 | Top  | 2x Winner |  
Australia    | Brisbane Roar         | MachinegunHead | 12/13 | Top  | 1x Winner |
China        | Dalien Yiteng         | kabajingai     | 2010  | 2nd  | 10th      |
Indonesia    | Persma Manado         | rancer890      | 13/14 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Indonesia    | Persmin Minahasa      | JSalter        | 12/13 | 2nd  | 1st       |
Iran         | Mashin-Sazi Tabriz    | blowcrapup     | 13/14 | 2nd  | 3rd       |
Iraq         | Mosul                 | Quackje        | 12/13 | Top  | 2x Winner | N/A      | Winners
Japan        | Black Pecker Hakodate | brettney1980   | 10/11 | 4th  | 2nd       |
Japan        | Joetsu Warriors       | ToMexico!!     | 10/11 | 4th  | 5th       |
Lebanon      | Homentmen             | Quackje *      | 11/12 | Top  | 3rd       |
Saudi Arabia | Al-Tohami             | Nightowl       | 13/14 | Top  | 4th       |
Uzbekistan   | Surxon Termiz         | brettney1980 * | 2010  | 2nd  | 3rd       |

And a mention to Brixton managing before we knew President's cup winners did not get promoted.

Philippines  | Giligans Island       | Brixton        | 15/16 | Top  | 3x Winner | Asian Pres. Winners

Mosul Asia update

I seem to be posting a billion things in a row but I played the rest of the confederations cup with Mosul and slightly to my surprise we are the champions.

After the easy group stage we easily beat DT Long Am (Vietnam) setting up a surprisingly tricky match agains BEC of Thailand, we lost 1-0 away but managed to get a 2-0 win at home to progress. At this point I was delighted to notice that I wouldn't meet Kuwaiti heavyweight until the final. So in the semi final we faced Wehdat of Jordan, they're rubbish 5-1 away, 3-0 at home, very comfortable. This lead to the final against Al-Kuwait who have several highly paid foreign players who really are quite scary, I simply believe I got a bit lucky in that my players really put away their chances shooting low and hard in the corner to take it in extra time.

Quackje, congratz on your Confederations Cup win. Good luck in the Champions League preliminaries next year. :thup:

Oh, and the club is Persmin not Persin...I managed there days before FM10 was released to see if I would like to manage in Indonesia for the FM10 challenge. :p

Blowcrapup in Iran - Season 2012/13 Review

A very unusual season for us. It took us six games to new our first win but that set us up for a run of six games where we didn't lose. We seemed to struggle to find motivation when playing the "poorer" teams in the league but can outplay most of the better sides. What is a tad annoying is that dispite a solid 4 years in the ast Division we are still considered a part time side.

Overall the season went well with just a few small blips like getting beat 4-1 by the eventual league winners. With 3 games left to go we where 1 point away from the playoff spot and had to play the side that occupied it. We went down 2-1 and so did our slender hopes of the spot. We then the next game drew against a weak side ruling out our playoff chances. If we had managed a draw against 2nd place and won against 11th place we would have been in the playoff on goal difference. In retrospect its probablies a good thing we didn't get promoted as the side isn't strong enough.

The cup went as usual beat a non-league side the the Qual round then lose to Prem side in 1st round.

Goalscorer wise we did get a player to break double figures but everyone else seemed to stop scororing. Mehdi Farazandah bagged 11 goals this season with his nearest rival scoring 7. Interestingly the club record for league goals stands at 20

Screenshots

Table

Fixtures Part 1

Fixtures Part 2

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Past Positions

Game of Season - A 3-nil victory over then league leaders.

Seasonal Results

2013/14 - Iranian First Divison Group 'A' - Finished 3rd. Iranian FA Cup - 1st Round

2012/13 - Iranian First Divison Group 'A' - Finished 6th. Iranian FA Cup - 1st Round

2011/12 - Iranian First Divison Group 'A' - Finished 5th. Iranian FA Cup - 1st Round

2010/11 - Iranian First Division Group 'A' - Finished 7th. Iranian FA Cup - 2nd Qual Round

Honours

None...Yet.

Goals From Last Season

Limit the number of draws to single digits - Achieved

Get a goalscorer - Failed brought in two "good" strikers who can barely play footballl

Get the board to invest in youth. - Failed, Despite having $1.4 million in the bank the board refuses to expand the youth facilities despite them being classed as poor

Goals Next Season

Improve side - At least two good 1st team players are gone having being transfer listed by request the previous season.

Get a goal scorer - Really need at least two striker who are capable of hitting double figures.

Improve Youth Facilities - I doubt this will happen.

Note any issues with screenshots let me know as photobucket was acting up.

Edit

I have just had our annual profit announcement. We made $350k profit with a turnover of $1.2 million. What's scary is that we have an average attendence of 3251 with a 20,000 seater stadium.

Those Indonesian teams all have the same name!!

I looked through the reputations for all the leagues by the way, they seem to have increased from last year, actually rather high for some also Lebanon is missing on the first post:

* Australia - 11

* Bahrain - 6

* China - 9

* Hong Kong - 4

* India - 4

* Indonesia - 6

* Iran - 10

* Iraq - 6

* Japan - 12

* Jordan - 6

* Kuwait - 7

* Lebanon - 5

* Malaysia - 4

* Maldives - 3

* Oman - 6

* Qatar - 10

* Saudi Arabia - 11

* Singapore - 5

* South Korea - 11

* Syria - 7

* Thailand - 6

* United Arab Emirates - 10

* Uzbekistan - 8

* Vietnam - 5

* Yemen - 4

I thought I would write up the stats for everyone who has managed at least one season, its a bit of a mess right now with asian seasons not running in sync with many leagues. If I have got anything wrong do tell me, * next to active save for people with more than one.

Nation       | Club                  | Manager        | Year  | Tier | Domestic  | Asian CL | Asian Conf.
Australia    | North Queensland Fury | ShootTheRunner | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Australia    | Perth Glory           | archie#10      | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Australia    | Adelaide United       | Ethan13        | 12/13 | Top  | 2x Winner |  
Australia    | Brisbane Roar         | MachinegunHead | 12/13 | Top  | 1x Winner |
China        | Dalien Yiteng         | kabajingai     | 2010  | 2nd  | 10th      |
Indonesia    | Persma Manado         | rancer890      | 13/14 | Top  | 1x Winner |
Indonesia    | Persmin Minahasa      | JSalter        | 12/13 | 2nd  | 1st       |
Iran         | Mashin-Sazi Tabriz    | blowcrapup     | 13/14 | 2nd  | 3rd       |
Iraq         | Mosul                 | Quackje        | 12/13 | Top  | 2x Winner | N/A      | Winners
Japan        | Black Pecker Hakodate | brettney1980   | 10/11 | 4th  | 2nd       |
Japan        | Joetsu Warriors       | ToMexico!!     | 10/11 | 4th  | 5th       |
Lebanon      | Homentmen             | Quackje *      | 11/12 | Top  | 3rd       |
Saudi Arabia | Al-Tohami             | Nightowl       | 13/14 | Top  | 4th       |
Uzbekistan   | Surxon Termiz         | brettney1980 * | 2010  | Top  | 3rd       |

And a mention to Brixton managing before we knew President's cup winners did not get promoted.

Philippines  | Giligans Island       | Brixton        | 15/16 | Top  | 3x Winner | Asian Pres. Winners

Thats great work Quackje its nice to see where everyones at in one post ... Oh and i'm in the Uzbek 2nd Tier with Surxon Termiz (didn't make my promotion) ;) ... Haven't started as well this season neither 6th after 7 games at the moment!

The rep of the Asian countries are increasing! :D:D

A lot of Indonesian teams start with P. I think JSalter gave a history on that last year, but I don't remember much about it. :D

Its a contraction from Persatuan which in Indonesian means club or association similar to having FC in most football club names.

Its a contraction from Persatuan which in Indonesian means club or association similar to having FC in most football club names.

So all the clubs that start with P are contracted from Persatuan? This history is quite interesting to me. :p

And why are all youths unattached every year? ivanro did state that there were youth setups at the clubs yet all the clubs produce a grand total of 0 players in the game.

So all the clubs that start with P are contracted from Persatuan? This history is quite interesting to me. :p

And why are all youths unattached every year? ivanro did state that there were youth setups at the clubs yet all the clubs produce a grand total of 0 players in the game.

They're all from Persatuan Sepakbola or Perserikatan Sepakbola, which basically mean Football Club.

No idea about that, might just be a bug which has never been sorted out as no one has reported it. No response yet on my reporting of the relegation issue, only 9 days ago though.

Mosul 2013/14

So domestically, we made the final of the cup but lost to Al-Quwa in the final. My many continental games often going to extra time made the league rather tricky. We had to beat Al-Quwa of course in the last game of the season to ensure victory. The big big big signing was the player I consider to be the best goalkeeper in Iraq Ali Aziz for £275K.

So onto Asia, having spectacularly won the confederations cup as reported I was thrown into the preliminary rounds of the champions league. First up was a very tough match against Al-Nassr of UAE which naturally went to extra time. This was followed by rematch with Al-Kuwait, it really could have been 4-3 but in the end it finished 1-0 in extra time. It was around this point I slipped in the league with my players all dead.

Into the group stage we marched first up meeting Saudi opposition away in the form of Al-Wahda and I took a surprise victory which was followed up by nearly stealing the points in Uzbekistan against Bunyodkor. A superb start to the campaign, this was followed by a bore draw at home to Saba Battery of Iran which I was very pleased with and then we were defeated at home by the Uzbeks 1-0, next thing I knew I was 2-0 down in Iran after 27 minutes. With things going pear shaped I was delighted by my quick comeback to rescue a point. All this left us needing a win at home against bottom side Al-Wahda which we were somewhat fortunate to get and so the western groups looked like this with Mosul through to the next round. We headed back to Iran for a single match against Esteghlal Ahvaz whose central midfielder scored a hat trick of 25 yard wondergoals, this is not fair :(.

Domestic;

Season | League | Playoff | Cup
10/11  | 5th    | N/A     | 2nd Qlfy
11/12  | 1st    | Winners | 2nd Qlfy
12/13  | 1st    | Winners | Winners
13/14  | 1st    | Winners | Final

Asia;

Season | Competition | Position | Score
2013   | Conf. Cup   | Winners  | 3-2 vs Al-Kuwait
2014   | Champions   | 2nd Rnd  | 1-5 vs Esteghlal Ahvaz

Mad foreigners watch;

Country    | #  | Change
Iran       | 2  | -1
Liberia    | 5  | ±0
CAR        | 5  | -1
Niger      | 9  | ±0
Reunion    | 1  | ±0
Lesotho    | 11 | -2
Ethiopia   | 1  | ±0
Mauritania | 1  | +1 

Good season there Quackje shame about the ACL but theres always next year and igetting through the Group stages first attempt is good.

We've just got to the Uzbek cup Quarter Finals stage and are the last 2nd Tier side left set to face Bunyodkor Toshkent (ACL side) who amoungst their squad have a certain Rivaldo.

After realising there just isn't enough Good Younger players coming through the clubs in Uzbekistan i've had to look further afield to replace my ageing squad i've signed a Ukrainian CM at the start of the season and i've recently bought in a Salvadorean CM who agreed to come on trial with us first (after unsuccesfully offering about 30+ players trials to no success).

Proof of Trial.

On to the excellent news for us we are in the Uzbek Cup final after knocking out our 2nd Oily league (Top Tier) side so excited for us right now especially since we're also joint top (just 2nd on goal difference by 1) :D Great to be a fan of Surxon right now.

Quackje: Nice season and it's a good first year in the ACL. It's something to build on. :thup:

brettney: Hope you can rebuild your squad slowly. Too much turnover can be a bad thing... as I learned that this season. :D

I'm in 1st after 11 games, but top 3 teams are 2 points apart so there's still a long way to go. :thup:

2015 Asian Champions League Group

It's not a bad group actually, but my goal is to just compete.

My finances are getting out of hand, nearing $400k in the red. I've somehow spent $830k on Ground Maintenance, when I spent $390k on it all last season... :eek:

Not even fundraising is helping much with the finances. :(

Game 1: Persma 2-1 Urawa Reds - a win is a win. I don't care if I needed a OG and a penalty. Got $250k in gate receipts as well. :D

Game 2: Pohang 3-0 Persma - oh well...back to reality I guess.

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 2 - 2011.

Squad Stats - Transfers.

This was our history making season for sure, we not only reached the Final of the Uzbek Cup for the first time in the clubs history, but we also won the Birinchi Liga with 2 games to spare. The board are of course absolutely delighted with these feats (even if the fans are dissapointed with our 3-1 cup final loss :confused:).

Overall Confidence - Birinchi Liga Table.

Bozorov retired at the end of the season and i moved him into my expanding coaching staff. I rewarded him with captaincy in his final game (2nd to last game of the season) which we unfortunately lost 1-0.

As i previously mentioned i've been offering trials to anyone and everyone to try and find the odd younger player to at least try and drop the average age slightly (29 for those keeping score) but i seem to have gone the wrong direction oh well i'll keep trying. Proof.

Lets take a look at the first teamers ...

Mikhail Naumov; GK 26 Uzbek.

Only missed 2 league games when i gave my young prospect a try (after we'd already won the league).

Dilshod Qurbonnazarov; RB/CB played back up to Victor Sharipov who we again brought in on loan as well as playing CB backup.

Sergey Luschan; CB/DMC/CM 38 Uzbek.

Again ended up spending almost the entire season at CB even though he'd perform better as a CM just can't find better CB's was wanted by Oily Liga (Top Division) clubs all season.

Sardor Sharipov; 29 CB/RB Uzbek.

Our youngest defender earned 3 Man of the Match awards was also the joint 5th top scorer at the club with his 4 goals.

Alexandr Yezhov; 31 LB Uzbek.

Didn't perform as well as last season when he was here on loan did manage 3 assists though will be looking to replace even though he's 1 of my younger defenders.

Marat Yuldoshev; 29 RM Uzbek.

Just about kept hi RM position chipped in with 7 assists. might be replaced if i can find better.

Ivan Kucharenko; 24 CM Ukrainian.

The first foreigner at the club. Played almost every game for the club scoring 4 goals.

Jose Luis Guevara; 21 CM Salvadorean.

Became the 2nd foreigner at the club and impressed the fans instantly scoring on his debut he earned himself 2 Man of the Match awards in his 9 games at the club.

Aqmal Holmatov; 35 LM Uzbek.

Got the most Assists for the club with 10 also scored 7 goals. He is now the only LM players at the club with Bozorov retiring.

Alexandr Pisarev; 38 CF Uzbek.

Scored 7 set up 5 and earned 5 M.O.M awards but at 38 i really need to find a younger replacement. But he will stay as back up.

Azizhon Ibragimov; 25 CF Uzbek.

I've christened him the Uzbek Wayne Rooney he was outstanding for us this season popping up all over the pitch he was top scorer with 13. When he doesn't play well we don't win.

Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
2012   Oliy Liga.

Well done on the promotion, I notice you're pulling quite heavily on the "bug" that makes old peoples other stats rocket up while they have pace of 1. I'm not sure how effective it is though I had one guy who had gone a bit like that but he was just too slow to ever get involved in the game, since you're in the top league now I guess a better chance to get real players like Ibragimov who looks very good :]

Also I think its Oliy Liga not a league covered in oil.

Well done on the promotion, I notice you're pulling quite heavily on the "bug" that makes old peoples other stats rocket up while they have pace of 1. I'm not sure how effective it is though I had one guy who had gone a bit like that but he was just too slow to ever get involved in the game, since you're in the top league now I guess a better chance to get real players like Ibragimov who looks very good :]

Also I think its Oliy Liga not a league covered in oil.

Wondered what was happening with my older players still improving in stats .. Pace acceleration and stamina have been dropping rapidly though.

Oliy .. Ouch! Can you tell i know nothing about the Uzbek leagues :o

Persma Manado

Indonesia

Super League

2014-2015

Media Prediction: 4th

Finishing Position: 1st

Indonesian Cup: Lost in 4th Round

Asian Champions League:

When the groups were announced, I was already pleased with just participating in the competition and hopefully not losing every game by 5 goals. Urawa Reds are always a tough team, as well as Pohang. I played in China long enough to know that Guangzhou should be a team where I can get a point or two, since they're not at the level of Shandong, Shenhua or Beijing.

Here is the game by game scores of the 6 group matches:

Game 1 - Persma 2-1 Urawa Reds - we were deemed to have absolutely no chance of winning, but I was surprised to win in the end.

Game 2 - Pohang 3-0 Persma - back to reality in our trip to South Korea...

Game 3 - Guangzhou 0-3 Persma - a shocker. We embarrass Guangzhou in China...

Game 4 - Urawa Reds 0-0 Persma - we surely have to lose...but we draw the Japanese side in front of nearly 50,000 spectators! :eek:

Game 5 - Persma 4-0 Pohang - we lost in Korea 3-0. We surely can't win against the Korean side at home right? No, we actually win 4-0...

Game 6 - Persma 2-0 Guangzhou - we haven't clinched the group yet, so a good result against Guangzhou will give us first place. And we win again.

Final Group Stage Standings

We are tied with Urawa Reds for points, but the first tie-breaker is goal difference, and so we finish 1st in the group and have a home game in the Second Round, against Japanese side S-Pulse.

2nd Round: Persma 2-0 S-Pulse - we took an early lead and we never gave it up!

Our next opponent in the Quarter-Final is unknown, we will probably know when the league resets in a few days.

South East Asian Club Championship:

Just realized that I'm also in this competition. We're in group B with the Filipino Army team and QAF FC of Brunei. We should win this competition...

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Transfers

IN:

Fabiano

Frans Suhendra

Nelson Lopez

Serge N'Diefi

Finances

Finances

I have no idea why I spent US$700k more on ground maintenance this year than last year...

Key Players

GK - Imran Iskandar

DR - Hadi Kasim

DC - Fabiano

DC - Mochammad Kusuma

DL - Luis Hendrawan

DM - Rudy Imron

MC - Arif Warobay

MC - Mario Castillo

MC - Ricky Mandacan

ST - Firman Mandagi

ST - Yance Setiawan

Club Information

Overview

Facilities

No point doing Affiliations because there seems to be a bug in this save where I can't get a feeder club for some reason...

Awards

Super League Player of the Year - Yance Setiawan - 1st place

Super League Young Player of the Year - Yance Setiawan (1st), Ricky Mandacan (2nd)

Super League Top Goalscorer - Yance Setiawan - 2nd place

Indonesian Cup Top Goalscorer - Firman Mandagi - 3rd place

Manager of the Year - Me - 1st place

Super League Team of the Year - Yance Setiawan

Goals for 2015-2016

• retain the title
  • be competitive the rest of the ACL campaign
  • win the South East Asian Club Championship

[font=Courier New]Year       Division         1st Stage 2nd Stage    Indonesian Cup    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4185332&postcount=161"]2010-2011[/url]  First Division        1st        1st         2nd Round     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4195615&postcount=209"]2011-2012[/url]  Premier Division      4th        N/A         4th Round     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4222681&postcount=272"]2012-2013[/url]  Premier Division      1st        1st     Quarter Final     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4243215&postcount=295"]2013-2014[/url]  Super League          1st        N/A         3rd Place
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4276964&postcount=332]2014-2015[/url]  Super League          1st        N/A         4th Round    
[/font]

Asian Champions League

[font=Courier New]Year       Group Stage    2nd Round    Quarter-Final     Semi-Final   Final
2014-2015          [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20Asian%20Challenge/2015ACLGroupStage.png"]1st[/url]      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20Asian%20Challenge/2015ACLGame7-PersmavS-Pulse.png"]Winners[/url][/font][font=Courier New]             [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20Asian%20Challenge/2015ACL-Zob-AhanvPersma.png"]Lost[/url]            TBD     TBD [/font]

South East Asian Club Championship

[font=Courier New]Year     Group Stage  Quarter-Final   Semi-Final  3rd Place Playoff  Final
2015         [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20Asian%20Challenge/2015SEACCGroupStage.png"]Winners[/url]           [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20Asian%20Challenge/2015SEACCDaNangvPersma.png"]Lost[/url]          N/A                N/A    N/A
[/font] 

Well done, you got further than me in first shot at it, its strange how the group stage really isn't so bad despite it saying you will lose horribly. Yes players like Fabiano are taking advantage of that but I'm not sure how much of advantage it really is, sure his positioning as a centre back will be spot on so he won't have to move far but not far is too far against any sort of speed he is a liability in my opinion.

Well done, you got further than me in first shot at it, its strange how the group stage really isn't so bad despite it saying you will lose horribly. Yes players like Fabiano are taking advantage of that but I'm not sure how much of advantage it really is, sure his positioning as a centre back will be spot on so he won't have to move far but not far is too far against any sort of speed he is a liability in my opinion.

He is was a far better option than M. Darwis at centre back at least. :D

I took a gamble on him. I was a bit surprised at first by his fantastic technical attributes but poor physical ones. A stamina of 2 played in 47 games, starting 44, so it was a good signing. He is retiring after the 2015-2016 season but his coaching attributes aren't very good.

Season ending post updated. :thup:

And thanks brettney. Forgot on comment on your season in Uzbekistan, but great work on getting promoted. Good luck in the Oliy Liga.

Great start so far brettney. Hope you can keep it up. :thup:

In Persma news, the idiot Indonesian manager called up half my team for the Asian Cup, and we then lost to a Vietnamese club in the Quarter-Final on penalties. The matches shouldn't clash and really unfair I can't win the competition because of internationals. :thdn:

South East Asian Club Championship Group Stage

We lost on penalties in the Quarter-Final

ACL Quarter-Final:

1st Leg

2nd Leg

Unlucky to have lost on penalties, but it was a good run. I hope to have similar success next year in the Champions League, and hopefully get the Indonesian post by then, so I don't have to keep losing first teamers to internationals during important games! :mad:

I wouldn't worry about the south east Asian championship, its a silly little tournament if ever there was one :D. Mind you the international problem is something we will all have in this challenge, most countries you will basically need half the national team to have a good enough first team while staying within foreigner limits and the matches don't seem to get moved much.

You gave them a good run for their money, encouraging when you play the east asians well enough to get through the group and go that close with the west asians. Basically with some luck the team is good enough already.

I know it's a silly tournament, but I rather win it to get some more money. Bleeding money through ground maintenance again. :D

My goal is to have a deeper squad so I don't have to play grey players on my first team again. Or hope the Indonesian manager gets sacked and get the job myself so I can control how many players get called up for internationals...but he hasn't been sacked yet. :p

Looking forward to your participation again Nightowl. :thup:

Great start so far brettney. Hope you can keep it up. :thup:

In Persma news, the idiot Indonesian manager called up half my team for the Asian Cup, and we then lost to a Vietnamese club in the Quarter-Final on penalties. The matches shouldn't clash and really unfair I can't win the competition because of internationals. :thdn:

I should of benefited from this exact thing happening to Paxtakor in the Uzbek cup they were missing 12 players through international duty but still managed to beat us 3-1 at our ground :o ... 2nd leg was much better 3-1 to us (in 90 minutes) the worst thing was they scored their goal in the 91st minute a penalty no less to take it to extra time where we basicly surrendered and let them score 2 more :( so 6-4 on aggregate.

Unlucky to lose on penaltys rancer better luck next year.

Tough luck there brettney. :(

Season doing okay. It's a 4 way battle early in the season for top spot, and we're leading for now...I really hope to win the league because it's the only way I'll approach even since I'm losing $100k a month. I really don't get this ground maintenance. :(

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Al-Tohami 2014-2015 Season Update

This update will be shorter than I originally planned (still long though), since my play was interrupted for a while. I was planning to do a few more screenshots...

The season went very well for us. Star striker Park Jin-Ho demanded a transfer, and while I was sad to lose him, the £4.3 million pounds he brought in was a staggering sum for a club whose balance normally hangs around £100k. Plus, he didn't leave until December because of the transfer window, and scored 12 goals in the 10 games he played to help us on our way. I also used £300k of the money received to buy a very good young Saudi striker who I had been tracking for a while, but could never afford.

With veteran Afonso Alves stepping into the scoring void, the season went extremely well:

League Table

The Crown Prince Cup did not go as well, as we lost in the quarter final to Al-Hilal. Things did pick up at the end of the season, as we were entered into something called the Saudi Champions Cup, getting our revenge on Al-Hilal in the final to win.

Season Award Winners

Top Goalscorer: Ahmed Khalil (Al-Ittihad) 19

Player of the Year: Majed Al-Muntashri

Young Player of the Year: Khalid Al-Harbi (also led the league in assists)

Goalkeeper of the Year: Khalifa Essa

Manager of the Year: Night Owl

As far as the Champions League, we eased through our group with 5 wins and a draw, then beat fellow Saudis Al-Ahli in the second round. The competition continues after the season update, and I'm pretty confident of doing well. Saudi Arabia has won 4 of the 6 competitions completed in game, and provided 8 of 12 finalists. With my record last year, I'd better be able to win this trophy...

Goals for next season:

1. Try to find a decent Saudi goalkeeper - I don't like wasting one of my 3 foreigner spots here.

2. Start scouring the world for good young talent - after the season update, the board is finally letting me scout outside Asia. It takes 5 years to get Saudi citizenship, so if I can sign them at around 18, they should be ready to step in as locals when they start to hit their prime...

3. Find a new striker to replace Alves, who can't possibly last much longer at his age

4. Get new signing Alou Diarra to mentor as many of my young central midfielders as possible before he retires :)

I might try for the international, not really sure yet. I usually keep playing my saves for as long as they're fun, so it doesn't hurt to plan for the future. We'll see how long this save keeps my attention...

I've got several solid Saudi defenders as well (most of my team is actually Saudi), there's a surprising number of decent Saudi players. There's more on the top Saudi teams that I just can't afford. Haven't seen any decent keepers yet though.

Hope you will take part in the international part Nightowl, although it's your own choice. There's nothing better than proving the world that Asians can play world class football. :D

2016 Asian Champions League group

This group will be tougher than last year. Shandong are a tough team (from experience...). Ulsan and Frontale will provide stiff competition as well. I'm not hoping for much. I just want to get the gate receipts to get out out of our $300k debt.

I hope Indonesia lose every single game until I become manager at the senior and youth level!!!! :mad: :mad:

Why??? The idiot U23 manager calls up my starting centre mid, centre back, goalkeeper, and my two starting strikers. And how convenient the dates are identical to the most important matches of my season.

Sorry that I've been lacking some composure lately and whining, but it's frustrating when I'm losing cup and continental games before the games actually even starts. :(

Game 1: Persma 3-0 Ulsan - forget what I wrote above this lol.

Game 2: Frontale 2-1 Persma - no worries, we lost Game 2 last year too.

To JSalter and everyone else who had previously played in Indonesia: I looked at the U23 Indonesian schedule and my ACL schedule and 5 of the 6 games conflict. I've basically stopped playing my game for the time being until I get answers on this issue. It's not fair that I have to play my backups against tough opposition from China, S. Korea, and Japan. I might also have a chat with the Indonesian HR (and Indonesian based players if any) if I can find him to get a reply.

Edit: In IRL, Iraq has just been banned from international competitions, and this includes league clubs playing foreign opposition, which might affect the Iraqi clubs qualification in the ACL...

Archived