FM10: Official Manchester City - "a small club with a small club mentality"

the--dud

I decided to start 10.3 with City(haven't done so in the past) and I sort of got carried away with signings and whatnot. Here's my first window:

signings.png

The majority of it is for the future, as you can see. But I'm looking forward to seeing if they become great players.

Played two games so far.

Aston Villa 1-1 Man City

Man City 3-0 Wigan (Wigan had beaten Arsenal and Hull 1-0, so to beat Wigan 3-0 was very good)

Next game is in the league cup against Swindon. I'm putting out my youngest squad possible. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's his history playing for me

22AlexisSnchez-3.png

he usually plays well when set on winger attack being told to move into chanels and with crosses set to the middle bit, but he doesnt see too much of the ball for me as most of my play goes through hamsik in the center and Jovetic down the left.

Im in August 2013. Basis 11 and subs:

Patch 10.1

34ywuvk.jpg

I am gonna sell Kroos, he can't play in my tactic that i use.

Pique is injured so the regen one plays for him.

Also Bobadilla is a regen to.

Because i got 154M at transferbudget i want to make my team better. But i don't know who i have to sign in, hehe..

So, any tips for who i should sell/buy/change?(tbh, i don't need to sell someone,cause i got enough money at city but to much players isnt far good?)

criticism is fine, haha.

Started a new game with City and so far I am liking it. Maybe because of the unlimited supplies of money, maybe because of Carlos Tevez. I don't know, but it's awesome. Bought four players in the windows. Jovetic from Fiorentina and Criscito from Genoa/Juventus. Also Rene Adler, maybe not necessary, but never had him in my team and heard great stories about the guy. Last player I bought was a 16 year old Dutch regen who is touted the next Van Der Vaart. Oh, and Rodwell will come in at the end of the season from Everton. In the league we are still without a loss, 5 played, 5 won with Carlos Tevez as the absolute hero with 9 goals and 4 asssists in 5 matches. Average rating of 8.86. He is fantastic!

League Table

save3l.jpg

Tranfsers

2d77d6f.jpg

Tevez!!!

i4le91.jpg

The 16 year old Dutch regen, Andy Pauletta!

211ktnn.jpg

Hey guys.

I started a City save before but it went corrupt so I restarted and now I'm in my 7th Season.

formatione.png

I lack Homegrown players, any suggestions for players? I know regens coming through my academy can cover this but I like having real players too :p.

you could try Weiss if you sold him, he should have become good enough to be backup on the right wing (or at least he has on mine 4 seasons in). other than that maybe Smithies as backup to Akinfeev. just have a look through premiership squads for HG players that might fit your tactic and buy them :)

My team:

cityteam.png

I'm beginning to switch between 4-2-3-1 narrow and wide. Jovetic and Hazard started brilliantly on the wings, but recently they've not been so good. Gourcuff is awful on the wings, so if I play narrow I can put Hazard, Tevez and Gourcuff through the middle.

League Standings:

citytable.png

Really pleased with my progress so far. I didn't expect to go the first half of the season undefeated.

League Results:

cityresults.png

Really pleased with some of these results, such as Arsenal away and Liverpool away(Liverpool was really fortunate though). I've forgotten to save a few times and lost some results because of it. One example is Chelsea. I drew 1-1 with them and forgot to save. When I replayed the game I drew 0-0. I'll need to start saving after every game.

I'm also into the semi-final of the League cup. I've drawn Fulham. It should be a breeze.

Goalscorers:

cityscorers.png

Pretty proud of the fact that 6 players have 40 goals between them. Not to mention that Rodwell has scored 4(a hattrick Vs. Hull). I'm not struggling to find goals.

hot damn i can't believe yall spending that much money... i mean just because they got arab money doesnt mean u have to spend 200m for transfers lol..

i spent 2 years at Leeds and promoted them into PL. I resigned because tottenham was looking for a manager i wanted to be that one but they let me down lol. so i went free agent for half year. i've seen City doing kinda bad they were 12th in the league, i declared my interest in city post and they sacked Mancini and appointed me immediately. that was funny but def wasnt ethic lol. anyway im doing kinda good now, season is about to end we are 3rd now ( was 12th). i was given 60m transfer budget but i only used 10m of it on a regen player who has become a wonderkid and doing great. Clubs financial situation SUCKS. City have 40m of balance and it was an extra given by khaldoon the habibi. they cant expand the stadium due to lack of funds. So what im going to do is selling all these big name players in the team such as Modric, Robinho etc who gets paid 10m a year. I might keep Tevez though i havent decided. i know it sounds crazy selling all the superstars in the team but well thats just my style. im a greedy manager lol. im going to bring cheap youngsters and raise them alongside a good staff. I'm thinking of reducing yearly wages to %50 also. This is going to be hard but fun.

Flat 4-4-2?

Silva doesn't really fit into such a rigid formation very well, he works much better in the more attacking midfield band. At left midfield you could try setting him as winger/attack. Then change run from deep and run with ball to sometimes and cross ball to rarely. Also change his wideplay to normal. You could also let him roam from position if you're feeling adventurous :p

Gareth Barry is a typical central midfielder, does a lot of stuff well but nothing fantastically. So I want him staying fairly deep, so set him as central midfielder/support. That pretty much covers it, although you could also change his crossing and running with ball to rarely. You might also want to consider ticking holds up ball, depending on your tempo.

Carlos Tevez is another one that's difficult to define, so I'd use him as the role which is most general - deep lying forward/support. With his ppm of coming deep he could be the perfect link up to the strikers like this. Change his long shots and through balls to sometimes though, and untick holds up ball, that's just unneccessary.

Hey Lads,

I'm just about to start my 4th season and thought I'd let you know how i've got on over the past 3 and show you my side and get your thoughts for the coming season.

1st Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Carling Cup winners ( I went unbeaten whole season) - in League 30wins 8 draws lost 0 GS 98 GC 26 Pts 98

2nd Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Community Shield winners, Carling Cup winners, Champions League winners, I also got the Brazil job after the world cup and won the Copa America - ( 2 defeats 1 against Bolton with City in the league and 1 against Argentina with Brazil in a friendly)

in League 29 wins 8 draws lost 1 GS 90 GA 24 Pts 96

3rd Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Community Shield winners, Carling Cup winners, Champions League winners, Club world championship winners, Super Cup winners (2 defeats in league against Liverpool and Everton) in League 31 wins 5 draws lost 2 GS 117 GA 30 Pts 98

As you can see I've won every trophy possible with City and even defended the major ones which of course defending the champions league is the hardest and I am delighted to have done so. I have spent alot of cash in order to achieve this and my squad for the new season is probs the best I've had in fm so far and I am confident with this squad that I can win everything above again.

Here is my new side

CitySquad12-13.jpg

Let me know what you think, I'm struggling to get rid of Barry, Robinho and M. Johnson from the side at the start of fm10 aswell as getting rid of some kids I bought at beggining and I've tried to get Messi in but the board wouldn't let me give him 275k maybe cos the likes of Robinho and Barry have huge wages and also my current side most of them are on 210k (e.g. Ronaldo). Every season I'll try to get messi and hopefully one day the board will let me have the extra wages in order to achieve this.

Hey Lads,

I'm just about to start my 4th season and thought I'd let you know how i've got on over the past 3 and show you my side and get your thoughts for the coming season.

1st Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Carling Cup winners ( I went unbeaten whole season) - in League 30wins 8 draws lost 0 GS 98 GC 26 Pts 98

2nd Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Community Shield winners, Carling Cup winners, Champions League winners, I also got the Brazil job after the world cup and won the Copa America - ( 2 defeats 1 against Bolton with City in the league and 1 against Argentina with Brazil in a friendly)

in League 29 wins 8 draws lost 1 GS 90 GA 24 Pts 96

3rd Season - 1st in Premiership, FA Cup winners, Community Shield winners, Carling Cup winners, Champions League winners, Club world championship winners, Super Cup winners (2 defeats in league against Liverpool and Everton) in League 31 wins 5 draws lost 2 GS 117 GA 30 Pts 98

As you can see I've won every trophy possible with City and even defended the major ones which of course defending the champions league is the hardest and I am delighted to have done so. I have spent alot of cash in order to achieve this and my squad for the new season is probs the best I've had in fm so far and I am confident with this squad that I can win everything above again.

Here is my new side

CitySquad12-13.jpg

Let me know what you think, I'm struggling to get rid of Barry, Robinho and M. Johnson from the side at the start of fm10 aswell as getting rid of some kids I bought at beggining and I've tried to get Messi in but the board wouldn't let me give him 275k maybe cos the likes of Robinho and Barry have huge wages and also my current side most of them are on 210k (e.g. Ronaldo). Every season I'll try to get messi and hopefully one day the board will let me have the extra wages in order to achieve this.

Best starting 11 ive seen assembled FM, do feel your lacking depth though.

Im quite surprised Ronaldo joined you seeing as though Man United are one of his favoured personnel.

Your squads looking a bit one-dimensional if i must say. Its obviously not a problem because you've won everything but thats the only criticism i have for your squad. Ace team though!

I've got a few decent kids like Rits and Sergi, also De Simone, Perez and Calderon are awesome regens but I do agree abit with your point that if I got massive injuries then I might struggle alittle bit but hopefully if I can get rid of most of my reserves then I can re invest on some quality back ups. I've got hart in my reserves which I would of kept as he is a quality keeper and english but he is 26 now and needs first team football so i'm hoping to get 5 - 10m for him but it's proven difficult at min.

I've just managed to get rid of Barry for 6m to villa so 80k off wages, Robinho 11.25 to fiorentina but i've had to pay quite abit of his wages as he accepted a lower paid contract and Adebayor 11.25m to benfica again like Robinho had to pay a large chunk of his wages to get rid.

Is Bellamy worth keeping do you think?

depends on the season. First and second seasons he scored some vital goals for me (not many, but he didnt play often). After that he starts to lose pace so its probably better to flog him to somewhere else.

depends on the season. First and second seasons he scored some vital goals for me (not many, but he didnt play often). After that he starts to lose pace so its probably better to flog him to somewhere else.

Chelsea seem to always be interested in him, shall I flog him if I can get £10m for him?

Season 1 finally completed now. I won the League, with a record of P38, W31, D7, L0. I made 100pts exactly(the last three being some of the hardest to win, with a last minute goal Vs. West Ham to get me the 100th points).

Gourcuff ended in magnificent fashion, with something like 14 goals and 23 assists. He was my highest rated player of the season, despite the first 2 months being awful.

I have already signed Toni Kroos for £25.5M, and am now going to look into a CB, back-up RB(Aurier, although only 17, is going to be my starter. I might keep Zab as the back-up for him). And a Goalkeeper. Joe Hart and Shay Given are both good. But I can do better. I'm looking at Akinfeev, Neuer, Lloris and Adler. Basically, whoever has developed most out of the 4 of them.

Gourcuff won English Player of the Year.

Tevez won Fans Player of the Year.

My Player of the Year was Jack Rodwell.

Right starting my game with city :) end of first transfer window and squad is as follows (used editor for a lot more transfer budget by the way )

GK : Given, Taylor, Akinfeev, Hart (on loan atm)

Def: Mexes ,Alex ,Richards ,Onuoha, Srna, Bridge ,K.Toure, Lescott, Ignashevich, Radoi, Zableta ,Taiwo, Diego Renan

Mid: Barry, Crisetig, De jong, Fabregas, Arshavin, Ireland, Modric, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Rivaldo, SWP, Balotelli

St: Tevez, Dezko, Adebayor, Ronaldo, Destro, Bellamy(on loan atm) Santa Cruz

Getting neymar next season

Playing a 4-3-1-2

Given

Taiwo Alex Mexes Srna

Modric Cesc Ronaldinho

Arshavin

Tevez Dezko

I just started a brand new game with city and the transfers updated after the summer window and I must say that the team is really really strong! and Its going to be even stronger in FM11 because I think they are going to upgrade Hart, A. Johnson, Richards and Milner... Its going to be huge!

Right now My squad is:

GK: Hart

DR: Corluka/bridge

DL: Boateng/Richards

CB: Toure/Juan forlin

CB: Lescott/ Boyata

CM: Toure/ de Jong (Ball wining)

CM: Barry/ M. Johnson (Depp lying)

AML: Ballotelli/ M. Johnson (Inside fwd)

AMC: Silva/ Aguero (Trequartista)

AMR: SWP/ Milner (Inside Fwd)

ST: Tevez/ Adebayor (complete fwd)

My first game was versus Man. Utd and I won 4-2 then arsenal and Iwon 0-1 and finalle defeated Tottenham 3-0... This team is really strong and they havent even get used to the new formation and the new signings :o

Transfers in:

Aguero

Forlin

Heinze(tutor)

Litmanem (tutor)

Munitis (tutor)

Transfers out:

Santa cruz

Zabaleta

Lets see what happens this season :o

• 2 weeks later...

After being hired as Man city manager in Nov 2010 after succesfully winning the World Cup with England

In my 1st season, Had a good fire sale in January,

bought class players in, and rebuilt the youth structure, and coaching staff, got the team playing good attacking football, won the league and reached the FA Cup Semi's & The Ch League final with the available threadbare squad, losing to Fiorentina 1-0.

So, although still having issues with the 4HG players rule, I went on holiday in my second season and allowed my assistant (Tassoti) to pick my squad

He has royally screwed my 2nd season, he picked my Champions League squad for the 2nd stages and left out basically my whole team.

So now, Im left with my under 18's and a few Home Grown players in my reserves.

So

I have 7 games left in the Premier League (tightly contested with the Arsenal), just beat Arsenal 4-2 in the League Cup Final.

And The Chairman wants the CL!

Do I sack the Champions League for now and just try win the league again, or embarrass my youth team against Juventus?

Well to be honest the league is always the most important thing to win in any persons eyes, but if your chairman wants European glory then its obviously another case of Real Madrid here. Just go all out for Europe and in your 'easy' league games give quite a few players a rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright lads, just gonna start up a City save on 10.3 with no updates. Wanting one last "fantasy" game before the demo comes out. Thinking of signing Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Jovetic, Hamsik, Otamendi. Any other suggestions?

Archived