[FM2007] San Marino "double" Challenge

Ter

Finished second after being top for ages and then compounded it by losing in the play-off final.

I'm so annoyed and deflated. The AI just decided we weren't going up despite regularly having the better of games where we had the better players and more chances. I counted four goals chalked off in one encounter. We lost to Andria Bat in the final despite proving the point I just made in the last game of the season by beating them 6v0. Oh, and did I mention that we were tied on points with the team who went up automatically but had a MASSIVE +20 better goal difference than them. Home record is a typically Italian (i.e. corrupt) way of settling a championship.

Got some good players coming in the summer but I can only see myself being continually screwed no matter the quality I bring in icon_frown.gif

Rant off icon_frown.gif

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Vessey:

Home record is a typically Italian (i.e. corrupt) way of settling a championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where'd you get the idea that home record makes any difference? Leagues are sorted based on points first, then results between teams, then goal difference, then goals scored.

What's unfair or corrupt about that? I'm guessing that the team that went up faired better in the two matches between you during the season? So that would make them the better team then by any measure ever used to decide a "winner" in football. (After all it's a sport based wholly on who can score the most goals, not who can play the better football or create the most chances.)

However, I do feel for you. I'm still struggling to get out of C1A, even though my players are some of the best in the league when you look at Av ratings, etc. and we continually dominate a majority of our games, yet we are not getting the results that normally come with this.

But I don't truly believe that the game is conspiring against us. There will always be some games that go that way (admittedly only very few), but I can personallly atribute my lack of results to the fact that, even though my strikers get decent ratings, they simply don't have the skill to convert the chances that they make for themselves. None of my strikers can hit the target regularly, except to hit the ball straight at the keeper.

I'm sure that you must also have some problemm that you need to overcome, too.

With perseverence, we'll get there one day... (I hope icon_smile.gif )

I was ranting icon_wink.gif

Yeah I have problems. Many of those which developed towards the end of last season were caused by a mini injury crisis, particularly to my first choice centre backs and my midfield general. Still i'm strengthening as I said so here's hoping.

Season 2010/11 - First year in Serie A

Final Table. 10th place wasn't bad, but we could have done better. Around the middle of the season we were actually hanging on to the top teams, but a bit of a scoring drought from our attackers placed us in the middle and caused a defender to be topscorer.

Bought players for £4.8M and sold for £4.1.

My best buy was Piacentini, San Marino topscorer, highest rating in Serie A, Italian Serie A Defender of the Year, Fans Player of the Year and wonderkid! And ofcourse he is San Marinese icon_biggrin.gif

Our training facilities and stadium will also be upgraded, so hopefully this will increase the finances next year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gramm0:

Season 2010/11 - First year in Serie A

Final Table. 10th place wasn't bad, but we could have done better. Around the middle of the season we were actually hanging on to the top teams, but a bit of a scoring drought from our attackers placed us in the middle and caused a defender to be topscorer.

Bought players for £4.8M and sold for £4.1.

My best buy was Piacentini, San Marino topscorer, highest rating in Serie A, Italian Serie A Defender of the Year, Fans Player of the Year and wonderkid! And ofcourse he is San Marinese icon_biggrin.gif

Our training facilities and stadium will also be upgraded, so hopefully this will increase the finances next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow!!!

That's the first time I've seen a San Marinese being labelled as a 'wonderkid'. Certainly bodes well for the future of the National team if you have one to build the team around.

So many good defenders coming from there. A lot of people have found a decent amount of reasonable defenders.

Plus, good place for your first season in Serie A.

Well after my first season finish of 10th in serie A, and a look of promise going into the second season.

It all went wrong from an injury crisis to people not finding the net. With around 10 games to go and 6 points from safety I have been sacked.

The team was making money the team on paper was good, we played good football created loads of chances. But for some reason they didnt seem to go in the back of the net unlike previous seasons, I watched in amazement as Sampdoria's defenders cleared the ball 4 times off the line in one match.

Was really enjoying that game too, might get another job and try and get the san marino job back later just quite frustrating icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

Well after my first season finish of 10th in serie A, and a look of promise going into the second season.

It all went wrong from an injury crisis to people not finding the net. With around 10 games to go and 6 points from safety I have been sacked.

The team was making money the team on paper was good, we played good football created loads of chances. But for some reason they didnt seem to go in the back of the net unlike previous seasons, I watched in amazement as Sampdoria's defenders cleared the ball 4 times off the line in one match.

Was really enjoying that game too, might get another job and try and get the san marino job back later just quite frustrating icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear you were fired. Now I'm fearing the same will happen to me. Finished 10th last season, and after 12 games we only have 12 points, and our two top goalscorers only scoring two goals. Board are still very pleased, but expect a safe mid-table finish.

The only decent San Marinese players I have seen have also been defenders... Seems a little wierd, but perhaps it is easier to be a defender... Only needing defending and physical skills?

I have a 18 year old San Marinese striker coming through my youth team already worth £1.6 million. Hope he continues to develope.

Sounds like my season already might even just re-add myself before the elect a new manager to see if i can make a difference for the last few games.

Sounds promising on the national players from never seen a good striker yet icon_smile.gif Had a winger in mine was called zotti and was worth 3.6mil at 20 about as good as I got.

Although I was expecting a couple of good new recruits with my youth facilities upgrades.

I'll set up a game for this challenge tonight!

Played with San Marino but never really got into it.. my best result in CM4 in Italy is getting Igea Virtus from C2/C to B in 2 seasons, winning the Serie C Cup twice and also getting the Super Cup.

BTW which countries are recommended to take into the game setup? I'm thinking France, Spain, Switzerland and Germany, with a large database and additional players from San Marino.

gavinkil, why not start the 2nd manager taking over the national team, and apply for the vacant club job.

Doesnt seem wrong, as Ter said at the start we could use two managers and if you already had the manager for the national team, then applying for the vacant club job is obvious, just as a club manager applying for the vacant national job is.

Plus, Ter said this challenge is just for fun anyway. We pretty much make the rules for our own challenge along common guidelines.

If you are enjoying it, there is no reason to stop.

Oh, are you sure Bulgaria and Romania don't need work permits? Prior to 7.0.2 they did, and I didn't think that had changed. (even though from Jan 1st they are now part of the EU).

In fact, I tried to sign a promising Romanian and I'm sure it told me I had already used up my one non EU signing for the season. But, I did start the game on 7.0.1

Another promising start to the season in C2/C, our third in this division. We're second with games in hand thanks to still being in the Serie C Cup, playing some great football and being quite tight at the back. The cup run had been quite annoying in a way. We're beating C1 sides with ease, adding to my frustration at not going up last year. However, that said, dropping down a division after the very first season and spending a year or two down here has had its benefits. I feel i've become much more tactically aware, learning to read what the opposition is doing and adapting mid game to their changes. Its also allowed me to really build a squad, albeit on a non-existant budget (partly through my own choice to not worsen the finances). I really think if I can grab promotion this year we stand a good chance of doing the double and flying straight up to Serie B the season after as well.

Couple of side notes. Sold my promising Swiss centre back to Celta in Spain for nearly 500k. Between the montly payments and improved attendances now that we're having more success, we're just about breaking even each month.

Also how patient is the board? My media prediction is first, I myself expect promotion too. The board? Respectability in mid table icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fastbasher:

gavinkil, why not start the 2nd manager taking over the national team, and apply for the vacant club job.

Doesnt seem wrong, as Ter said at the start we could use two managers and if you already had the manager for the national team, then applying for the vacant club job is obvious, just as a club manager applying for the vacant national job is.

Plus, Ter said this challenge is just for fun anyway. We pretty much make the rules for our own challenge along common guidelines.

If you are enjoying it, there is no reason to stop.

Oh, are you sure Bulgaria and Romania don't need work permits? Prior to 7.0.2 they did, and I didn't think that had changed. (even though from Jan 1st they are now part of the EU).

In fact, I tried to sign a promising Romanian and I'm sure it told me I had already used up my one non EU signing for the season. But, I did start the game on 7.0.1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point will try that.

Yes I started in 7.0.2 and have had loads of bulgarians through my doors not needing a work permit and 2 romanians so yeah works fine could be due to your start in 7.0.1

I started my San Marino game with the 7.0.2. patch, with the German, Swiss, French, Austrian and Spanish leagues all loaded to their max, also with the Serie C2 involved.

First thing I did was fire all my staff on mutual termination, I now have 6 San Marinese and 2 Italian staff members, strangely enough the board consists of Italians?

The link with Cesena is also cancelled, board will now be looking for a feeder and parent club.

I fired most of my youngsters and let most of my loans terminate, except for a few who I found useful. Gaudoni (GK) got a senior contract, I can really see him competing with Dei.

So far I've made 5 signings - DR, DC, DMC, MC and ST - and let about 20 players go. Maybe it's because I always start in the lowest division possible, but I found most of these players useful.. Guess time will tell, right?

Del Prete is ineligible to play right now, so I bought the DR on a 1-year contract. Luckily this DR can also play DC, MR and MC, so plenty of opportunities for him!

Still my concern lies with the wages, Abate earns €3.500 per week, not on! I really want to do something about these ridiculous wages when the attendance will not be enough to support the wage budget. Starting with the expiring contracts (god I hope his' is up soon..)

Not played any matches yet, I always cancel every friendly there is scheduled - apart from the lucrative ones - so I can decide my own schedule and have time to establish my squad first.

I intend on using my own success formula tactic which worked wonders for me in Italy before: a 4-5-1 with upcoming backs, 1 DM and 2 MC's with an AML and AMR supporting my ST. This way in an attacking situation the 4-5-1 can become a 4-3-3.

Defensively solid and still powerful attacking-wise!

Will keep you posted on the progress!

Well Well Well

I decided to continue the game put the sacked manager on holiday and left him to apply for jobs.

Added a new manager for the san marino national team I made him an ex international experience in a hope of applying and getting the san marino club job again.

Moving on

My first manager eventually got the job at spal with around 6 games to go they were sitting just below mid table in Serie C2/A sat looking through my terrible squad thinking what have I got myself in for.

Then just went for it won 5 of the last remaining six games only losing to the top of the table bad boys and finished second. But incase you didnt know in Serie C2/A second only qualifies for a playoff spot so I still had to win that.

Thinking it looked tough I just kept to my same working stratedgy attacking football and there it was won the final 4-1 back into the division I started from with San Marino.

Positives for next season

I went and looked at the San marino youths and out of contracts because I knew there was a few non Serie A quality players I wasnt going to renew before I left and picked up a couple so I am hopeful for next season.

San Marino Update

Well since joining the national team I have only played one friendly against Romania and it finished 3-0 to them I was pleasently surprised at some of my team and think we will be able to pick up a few points in the next qualification stage.

San Marino Club Update

Since sacking me san marino the club only won 1 game and drew 1, although they did start scoring goals they never got any results and finished bottom of Serie A on 28 points with 25 goals scored and 54 conceded.

Think I am going to organise a friendly with them and spal for the start of next season to show no hard feelings icon_wink.gif

After getting a miserable 2nd place in the Serie C Cup with 1 win and 3 draws, San Marino is finally picking up the pace in the league. 3 games, 2 wins, 1 draw. I've also signed some promising San Marinese players, Alex Gasperoni looks to be a real gem.

Also took the manager spot at the national team, what a disaster! The national pool is almost worthless, really no defensive talent at all....

Which showed when we got whipped 16-0 by Germany...

Whilst San Marino FC looks to be going to a safe spot in the league (for now), the national side got whipped, this time by Czech Republic.. half-time was 3-0, which wasn't that bad. FT was 7-0, ouch..

Meanwhile the national u19's finished their qualifying session in Riga, ending up in a group with Russia, Romania and hosts Latvia.

The first game vs Romania showed signs of promise, it could have been a different game if we'd scored. Romania scored two goals in quick succession halfway through the second half and that was it. Final score 3-0

Against Russia I was pleasantly surprised. We went into half time 0-0 and said that they could still win, which we almost did! Game ended 4-3 to Russia, but Simoncini - who is a youth striker at my club - scored twice.

Last game against Latvia we didn't manage to score, they did. 2-0 to Latvia.

But I'm pleased with the results the u19's had, certainly showed some promise!

Top of Serie C1 at Christmas on our return to the third flight in Italian football icon_smile.gif

I send in one of my earlier posts if we managed to get out of Serie C2 we could conceivably go straight up again into B as we had the quality, and so its proved. Of course, i'm expecting the inevitable mid-season slump, but i'm confident in my tactics and have a big enough squad to rotate when performances start to drop.

On a side note, we were placed in C1/A and not B as we were before. As I think some people have already mentioned, the attendances in this section are much better than its counterpart, and i've been filling the Olimpico all the time, dramatically helping our finances. In fact, with monthly income from players sold as well we might just make it out of the red by the end of the season. Doubt I could push for a stadium expansion but it might depend on whether we get promotion or not.

Fast food á la San Marinese

Hello everybody. This is the first challenge I´ll comment because it seems really worth it. There will be updates for all the highlights. So let´s begin with the

Preseason:

After analizing squad and fixture sanmarinese/estonian coach Quentin Palatin decided to strenghten the squad with both quantity and quality. For that he sent out the scout to look for fast, tall and/or unattached players. The coach´s eccentricity is already making its presence here selecting only players with outstanding characteristics or a bright future in the game. So the club signed the lousy amount of 39 players for a total of 65k. A special mention has to be made about signings from Norway: an intensive scouting led to contract the following starlets:

Ruben Furuseth, Raufoss, free, AM L/ST

Explosive striker

Kim Daniel Ronsen, Arvoll, AM LC/FC, free

RonI

RonII

Andreas Rodsand, Kristiansund, free, AM C

Future Ballack

Fredrik Dahm, Drobak/Frogn, 24k, AM MRL

Fast + furious

Espen Naess Lund, Tonsberg, 3k, ST

Better than Crouch!

Other notable signings are:

- Estonia´s hottest project Kaimar Saag

Coach´s baby

- Mathias Altamirano, Gk, free

Goalie

- Maurizio Brillantina, DC, free

The Butcher

and a lot of sanmarinese youngsters like Bonifazi, all-time favourite Raffaele Moroni, Alex Gasperoni and some italian like Andrea Lazzoni, Federico Vignes, Stefano Caruso and Stefano Lanzellotto.

The pre-season matches were all used to find an apropiate tactic which at the end was a 4-1-3-2 home with 3 AM´s and MR,MC,ML away tactics. Further experienced GK Dei was taken to the bench because of bad performances.

Here are our coaches: Coaches

At the moment we stayed with parent club Cesena, but that´s likely going to change. Also no feeder club. The coach thinks that our training is good enough to bring our young talents forward.

C1 Cup. Managed to qualify first by scored goals Table

League. Started with an unnecessary loss but then recovered, currently unbeaten in 6 games and 2nd in the table.

Proud

National squad had a pretty good start against Germany (incl A.Gasperoni): Vergonzoso

National U20 has already called up 17 of our youngsters: Kindergarten

meanwhile Kaimar Saag already made his first steps in the Estonian Squad scoring 1 goal.

Update to follow.

We did it, Serie B here we come! \o/

As I anticipated in my earlier post, our form after the new year was up and down, and we never really went on a run to cement our place at the top. Luckily our form at the Olimpico was as strong as ever and it was enough to keep us in contention going into the last round of games.

Brescia and Spezia were our rivals, all of us tied on 58 points. Spezia had a home game put I wasn't really worried about them even if they won, since we had a good head-to-head record against them. Brescia were another story. They'd beaten us comfortably just two games beforehand and were first heading into the climax of the season. They had Reggiana to play, away from home, but then I wasn't expecting much as they were bottom of the table. As for ourselves, we were at home to mid-table outfit Novara, and I fully expected a win.

Things were going well enough after the first half. We had gone 1v0 up and were looking generally comfortable. However I dared to glance at the latest scores and saw Brescia were also ahead. Resolving to keep my head down and ensure we won, we went 2v0 ahead with 20 minutes to go, and I tightened things up to ensure the victory. And so, with much trepidation, I looked at the latest scores...

Spezia had drawn, but thanks to our victory that was irrelevent now. But Brescia had thrown away their lead and drawn 2v2 against lowly Reggiana! Here's the final set of results that saw things go our way:

Final round of games.

And here's the league table:

Serie C1/A Final Table.

Player-wise i've changed the club over and over as the seasons have progressed, but one or two "mainstays" have been with me from the beginning, through the initial relegation and now our recent success. A Swiss defensive midfielder, Alain Gruter, and Alex Gasperoni, San Marinese international who plays in the hole behind my front two. The third is my personal favourite. I signed him in my first season whilst trawling the players available on a free, and he looked ok so I snapped him up to act as a backup. Since then hes improved immeasurably, becoming a first team regular since Abate left after his wage demands became too great for Serie C2. Here's his current ability:

Massimo Fresolone.

And here's his career history:

Fresolone history.

I'm looking to reconstruct quite a bit for next season in Serie B, and to that end i'm bringing in quite a few players, a couple who have real quality and who my scouts were having wet dreams about. I imagine quite a few will be going out if Serie B proves too much of a step-up. Also going to try for a new parent club now that i'm in the same league as Treviso.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

I should add (since I forgot to mention) we also won the Serie C Cup against Lucchese but lost out to Pescara in the Super Cup.

Thanks to our success at the end of the year our finances have improved greatly, currently standing at nearly 700k in the black, partly due to prize money but mostly because of gate receipts icon_smile.gif

Xmas ´06

After 17 games we managed to get 26 points which lifts us to sixth place. A lot of first team players have been plagued by injuries, I´ll have to analize the training to better taht.

Talking about players, Naess Lund has been an absolute stormer, netting 12 goals and about 8 assists. Dahm also contributes, but was injured for 3 months. Altamirano is doing a good job. Honorable mention to the home boys: Gasperoni does pretty good, Moroni after his injury creates havoc on the right flank and Bonifazi is pushing into first XI.

After a poor October we changed tactics more according to our available players. This is the new system .

Table

In january we´ll bring in some more aoung Norwegians. I´ll comment on them in the next update.

I tried to get back into my San Marino game, but I just seem to be going round in circles, have a good run, then a poor run and we'll be stuck in Serie C1 forever icon_frown.gif

I had a really good start to the season but then when I went back to it for a couple of games I kept struggling.

Update

Spal

Everytime Spal get close to doing good the big teams come in and buy up our top player, so I now have 10 million in the bank and lack a player that can change a game. Also lack the ability to attract a player like that, all my previous ones were non eu the 1 a season rule gets a bit annoying icon_frown.gif

San Marino

Under my management the national team have been going strength to strength beating sweden and some other teams in our qualifying group. Although we missed out on qualification by 3 points and everytime we played Croatia we got whipped but things are looking up icon_smile.gif

Note

I have found at the end of each season ASEC, FC Inter, HJK, Orlando Pirates, S-Pulse, LASK

Will all have a pretty good new prospect although you may not be able to scout them if you put an offer and get a buy at any cost rating they will no doubt be brilliant.

I still havent found a south american team which will constantly churn out good youngsters it seems to vary.

Just a short update after our first season in Serie B.

We finished a comfortable 14th, never really flirting with relegation and being clear by 12 points from the automatic drop zone and 9 from the play-outs come the end of the season.

The chairman has stepped in and sold a couple of my prospects for over a million which means the clubs finances are pretty healthy. He's granted my request to improve the training facilities so hopefully some of that money will go back into the club.

Player-wise I have a solid core of players that have been with me for years now and which I added to over the season. I'm bringing in quite a few youngsters over the summer, taking the view that we're never gonna buy our way out of this league and need to build for promotion over a few seasons. Strangely the majority of the youngsters are either Swiss or Austrian - both seem to be a talent goldmine icon_smile.gif

Just lost one of my "lynchpins" that i've been building my side around for the past few years (I have 4 in total) icon_frown.gif

Alain Gruter

Gruter History

As you can see he's been with me since the first season, playing over 180 games and being fantastic for the majority of those. He became unhappy during pre-season wanting to move to a bigger club and needing new challenges so when Bologna came in with a bid I reluctantly let him go icon_frown.gif

I have found a quality replacement, an Irish lad (yes the board are finally allowing me to scout the whole of Europe) but he needs some retraining to DM C and he just got injured before the season starts :/

San Marino season 2019/20 review

Serie A Table

We competed well all season, but Juventus really were on fire and left the rest trailing. With a 1-0 at home and 3-2 away against Juve, we had the better head to head results against them though.

Still, second place is two places higher than last season, so positive improvements.

The Cup

So close here. We beat Juventus in the semi-final 4-0 and 1-0 to set up a final against Milan. They scored a late goal to tie the home leg 1-1, and got a narrow 1-0 win in the away leg, to leave us as runners-up. Still, I would have settled for this at the start of season, given our horrible cup performances in the past.

Europe

After finishing a close third to Liverpool and Berlin in the Champions cup group stage, we were placed in the Euro Cup draw. In the first round we demolished Belenenses 6-1, eased passed Stuttgart 1-0 in the second round, blew Ajax away 5-1 in the quarter-final to set up a semi-final against a very strong Arsenal side.

We lost the home leg 0-1, and were a bit fortunate to come away with a 1-1 draw away. Theo Walcott scored the Arsenal goal. Still, a semi-final place in the Euro Cup shot us up the European rankings.

Awards and players of note

Niccolo Vantaggiato, was top equal scorer in the Serie A with 18 goals, but came second in the award.

Fabiano, was the Serie A young player of the year. Unfortunately my trigger-happy chairman has offloaded him to Milan for 30m, just to make it even harder to compete with the big teams.

Silva, our best defender by a long way. Money grabbing chairman has offloaded him to Barcelona for 27.5m with the possibility to rise to 41.3m

Kone, Serie A goalkeeper of the year, inspirational between the sticks. The figures speak for themself. Also almost single handedly responsible for Ivory Coast winning the African cup of Nations.

Cerea, made the Champions cup dream team, and broke the club record for assists. A true midfield playmaker.

Just finished second season in Serie B, a frustrating one for me. We finished with around the same points total of last season and comfortably survived again, but we could have been so much better if it weren't for terrible luck from start to finish, be it injuries to key players, freak own goals, and just generally dominating games that we didn't win. Messed around with tactical variations so much I don't know where I am anymore because our luck was driving me insane.

Oh well, roll on next year. We have some very talented youngsters who will be a year older and a year better hopefully.

Small Update

It has been 2 seasons in CIA with Spal now and things have been getting better each season.

In the first season we finished just outside the playoff spots which. The second season we finished in the play off spots but got knocked out in the first round.

The Current season (my 3rd) We are currently sitting top half way through the season and into the quater finals of the Serie C cup.

The financials are looking pretty good with about 4-5 million in the bank.

The squad I originally braught in full of youngsters is finally coming off age and in the summer I was able to rid the team of some of the high earners.

Although my chairman on the other hand is starting to annoy me. Everytime we do good obviously a player is playing good for the team and as soon as an offer comes in over about 2.5 million it is auto accepted. I have had to offer them a new contract everytime to try and save them icon_biggrin.gif (this obviously doesnt work for all players)

The National team

The national team are still playing pretty steady but there seems to be a lack of good young players coming through, over the last 2 seasons I have only found one.

But hopefully the rise of Spal will introduce new up and coming players.

Think I'm gonna have a go at this one after work! One question, if I started the challenge with real players turned off do you reckon there would be more chance of getting a larger number of San Marinese players through the youth system etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benrollo:

Think I'm gonna have a go at this one after work! One question, if I started the challenge with real players turned off do you reckon there would be more chance of getting a larger number of San Marinese players through the youth system etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't make a difference, fake players are only real ones renamed anyway.

I'll have a go at this as my first challenge, I thought perhaps taking a hard core approach and only signing San Marinese players, after scanning the national team for a right back, clearly this seems unrealistic.

I have however bought the goalie as backup and my scout reported back Christian De Angelis as a 3* potential so I decided to splash out the £0 to get him and rescued him from his £5/week contract and will make him relatively rich at £75.

I've also got Cosmos as a feeder so this should hopefully encourage more San Marinese youths to appear from my academy. Unfortunately Cosmos do not have any training facilities so not a place to send any promising players really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Parmie:

I'll have a go at this as my first challenge, I thought perhaps taking a hard core approach and only signing San Marinese players, after scanning the national team for a right back, clearly this seems unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree that that approach wouldn't get you far in the beginning, but it isn't the right back that should stop you. Sorry for spoilers (don't read this if you don't want any tips), but as it has been pointed out many times in this thread, there is a young san marinese right back who is well capeble of covering the right back (look for links on page 2/3). I'll splash the name upon request.

Anyways we finished 8th in Serie A as my best result so far, taking us into the euro vase, which we advanced from. So hopefully my next update will be a tale of glory in the Euro cup, but got exams coming up, so might be a while.

That 'Young' right back is now 29 on my game and has 104 caps.

When I first got to Serie A I even used him as a first choice for a while, before he was a reserve, and then I got offered a sum too good to turn down for a reserve right back.

I still manage him in the national team though. But for sure, right back is not the most in need position for the San Marino national team.

Finished our third season in Serie B and it was a good one, I think. The board expected a relegation battle and the fans a safe mid-table finish, but we exceeded both of those and eventually finished 5th before losing in the play-off final 3v2 on aggregate to Catania icon_frown.gif

I'm optimistic for next season. It'll be another year in the development of the young players (who seem to be attracting quite some attention) although only Fresolone remains from the old guard (he had his best season yet, will post a screenie later if I remeber).

Onwards and upwards icon_smile.gif

Serie C Cup 2007/2008

Right. I've just did my Serie C Cup Group Stage. I'm glad that I'm qualified by winning all four matches.

Fano 0 - 1 San Marino (Alberto Villa)

San Marino 2 - 1 Montevarchi (Salvatore Sullo and Richard Jose Blanco Delgado)

San Remese 0 - 3 San Marino (Salvatore Sullo and Alberto Villa (2))

San Marino 4 - 2 Prato (Giovanni Abate (3) and Thomas Dossevi)

I'll tell you more about my transfer after I finish the season.

I hope this good campaign continues. icon_smile.gif

Problem

Right. I have a problem here. I'm in a financial crisis and the board has given a limit about the wage. A key player can be given only €1K per week and I think I'll lost some my first team players in the end of the season. Has one of you experienced this? If yes, can you give me some advice? Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Update

Spal go on to win the league with 5 points in hand I was really chuffed we also went on to win the super cup but got beat in the final of the serie C cup.

Some san marinese youngsters have started to come through my youth academy which is also promising.

on the other hand

the national team is struggling to get a win there have been no decent prospects for seasons, but hopefully with the new prospects at Spal more will come.

Iv been trying not to start this challenge again but i have some spare time at the min so here goes.

Since i was sacked after being relagated from serie A last time i am hoping to do better this time

I have made some good signing already including a good young san marino center back for the future and a chilian right back and an andorran AMC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by g3n1u5:

Iv been trying not to start this challenge again but i have some spare time at the min so here goes.

Since i was sacked after being relagated from serie A last time i am hoping to do better this time

I have made some good signing already including a good young san marino center back for the future and a chilian right back and an andorran AMC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck G3n! icon_smile.gif

Update

Finished my first season in 6th place, just one point behind 5th. Board was happy, fans too. Signed some more Norwegians taller than 1.90m, even one with 2.09m and 113kg. But obviously he was very very bad (had hardly stats over 2).

Now we´re third on X-mas 2008, battling with Crotone and Arezzo. Fredrik Dahm and his silly runs are creme of the crop in the league, scoring 16 goals so far. Kaimar Saag is already worth 1.6 million, but I´m waiting with selling. Chairman sold Napolitano for 550k to Spezia, so finances are just even.

*Last minute: We managed to sign slovenian GK Tufkecic (2.02m, 96kg, definite purchase). Hope he will wash away our problems between the sticks.

Update

SPAL HAVE DONE IT!

At the first time of asking in Serie B Spal have won it. It came down to the last game of the season in the 85th minute a free kick scored and winning the league on better results against the other team.

But we have done it.

The supporters were so impressed they are quoted to have said they are going to name their supporters club after me.

I was more shocked than impressed icon_smile.gif

Back to Serie A I come and I hope to show San Marino a thing or two for sacking me. This challenge just gets more and more interesting.

id forgotten how hard it is to find a good goalkeeper for San Marino

i dont like Dei and the guy i bought to replace him keeps letting in stupid goals from long range icon_frown.gif

currently 9th after 14 games was as high as 4th until my keeper decided to let every shot on target in for 4 consecutive leading to two 4-1 defeats and two 2-2 draws

Well have just started this challenge and boy things are going great for me so far. Have taken over both clubs from the start and am yet to play with the National team. But, at club level i have only made 1 signing in the form of Gasparetto for £10k from Vicienza. I've played 4 games so far and have won all of them and am yet to concede, here are the results:

Castelnuovo 0-2 San Marino - Serie C Cup

San Marino 3-0 Carrarese - Serie C Cup

Boca San Lazarro 0-3 San Marino - Serie C Cup

My first, league game was a tricky one at home to Ternana and when i pinched a precious 1-0 win extactic doesn't quite cover it. Let's hope this good start continues.

On fire

Spal currently sit 7th their last game was v bottom of the league San Marino icon_smile.gif

Before the game their was an announcement that San Marino's Boss's job was in jeopardy and had to win the next match.

After a manager interaction of me giving the manager sympathy.

Up step Spal

Final Score: Spal 6 - 1 San Marino

Thanks to 5 goals from recently turned wonderked Dimitri Huc (dont know if he is a regen or not) picked him up from Wasquaehal in france 4 seasons ago just to beef up my reserve strikers.

Now the funny part

After the game the San Marino boss got sacked, and it was romoured the San Marino national coach was in the frame for it ie Me

a day later the job was offered and I accepted although I have decided with this post, to buy players sort out the coaches and put it on holiday mode. I just figured I had to try and get more San Marino youngsters coming through.

Finally I´ve managed to win promotion to Serie B! Finished 1st one ponit clear.

c108bf9.th.jpg]C1[/url]

Finances are really goos right now, 90k below wage budget, 1mill balance, but no transfer budget. Signed some free agents, Serbian Adamovic who imediately became folks favorite. I´ve played six games so far of the new season , 2-1-3, with two home wins of 5-0 and 6-0, but away we don´t have a clue what to do. Tactic change is coming.

National team: we are contributing with 14 players, last match was a honorable 0-1 against Serbia (goal by the "dwarf" Zigic).

Let´s keep fighting!

Archived