FM08SX - Mac Save Game Editor

littleblue50

Quick question. I've never used this program before because until now I've had a PC but I'm buying a new Mac soon (those Leopard ads have convinced me icon_smile.gif ).

Is this a just a save game editor or can it be used as a scout too, like genie scout?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, i'm a 3rd year Computer Scientist off university for the next 3 weeks so instead of waisting time playing FM, i'd like to offer my services to the project leader for FM08SX.

I have experience in Windows and Mac and programming experience with languages like Java (Intermediate to Expert level)and C (beginner to intermediate). I've also done courses in Databases etc

Rather than starting my own little project (which would have been a conversion of FMM to Mac using mono) I would like to offer my services to help get FM08SX out quicker...

Email me at jws7 @ st andrews university (quick google should get you the rest of the domain, can't be too careful about spam these days!)

Hope to hear from you soon,

J

hi all,

Just a litte trick before fm08sx is ready.

copy your uncompressed save game folder to a windows pc (fm 08 game installed) to edit with other utilities than copy back again. It worked for me. Unfortunately I have to do same process when I sell a player or one of my player are injured. FM08SX will be much more easy to edit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really really hate to sound like a downer, but I do think the project is dead. There has been no word from little blue or Godfather(ran MacFM) from as far back as February. Much like others before me who offered to help, there are probably some people out there that would be willing to take up the project, but to my knowledge, no one has any of the code that little blue created. So, this would require starting from absolute zero again. If anyone wants to try, I'll volunteer some time to help, but I'm no where near good enough to take on this project. Hopefully someone out there is. At there very least, we should continue to talk about this and keep this topic active. I think all of us Mac users have been holding our collective breaths in case little blue did manage to appear or produce the editor. I'd just like to hear from him or Godfather. If for no other reason than to thank them both for all they done. But why did the site die without warning? Has little blue become too busy? If so, that's cool. No one wants him to ruin his life for our silly game. He's done an AMAZING job for the past few years. But if he was working on it and wants to pass it on to someone else, then lets see if anyone out there can take the challenge. I've been playing this game for so long and using little blue's editor for as long as I can remember. I would hate to see something that was really a fine piece of programming fade away. Anyway, thats more than any one person should post in one post. Thanks.

I agree with every word spoken, I think that this needs to get sorted by someone else as its clearly not going to get done by Little Blue, if he could just do that extra bit and get the ball rolling for someone else then I think we would all be grateful.

I would hope that Godfather or maybe someone who knows little blue could ask him. If he is that busy, its not going to help the matter with us bothering him via email for info about the editor. Lets just keep this topic alive discussing other possibilities. Little blue or Godfather will sort out getting us the editor if thats a possibility. Otherwise, lets discuss maybe finding a way to use one of the PC ones or something.

Hi there

Since I started working on FM08SX Ive started to get more and more busy with work and as much as I really enjoy working on the editor, I just haven't had the time to do anything on it in quite some time. If I am realistic and honest then at the moment I doubt I will find the time to devote any serious time to it until august, by which time FM09 will be around the corner. As of when FM09 comes out I will be working from home with much fewer hours so I envisage being able to devote time to the editor again for that but in the meantime, if anybody seriously wants to work on an FM08 editor give me an email or add me on AIM/iChat or MSN (all using little blue __at__ gmail __dot__ com) and I can guide you through where I got to and possibly do some code sharing.

Littleblue, I have sent you an email today as requested. I'm a 3rd year computer science student with quite a bit of programming experience.

I hope to hear from you soon so we can get this project underway.

James

Firstly, I'm very happy to know you are still alive LittleBlue. I was getting worried there. Thank you for passing this on. We know its your baby and we'll be gentle.

Weegie, I used to program. I'm a little rusty, but at least its not a foreign language to me. Also, I'm really quite good a troubleshooting others work. If you need a hand, give me your email and we can talk.

Hey people,

I've started talking to littleblue, who has been kind enough to pass on what he knows and attempt to guide me through what he has done so far.

So we are underway, i'd just like to ask for a little patience as we progress. I'll try and keep you updated as we go along.

Testingtesting, thanks very much for offering to help. I'll be in touch as soon as I have something worth troubleshooting! icon_smile.gif

Hey guys time for a progress report?

We have stated reading stuff in from the database so we're well underway. Unfortunetly littleblue has work and I have university so we're not getting to spend as much on this as we would like.

So please bear with us, but it will be a little while yet.

Archived