FM08SX - Mac Save Game Editor

littleblue50

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same... one of my friends tried the parallels thing, but it got to be a bit of a mess on his computer, he didn't do it right. I'm in the States, and it's exam/end of the year time here at the universities, so I know it's busy. Keep up the good work.

You have to install fm on your "pc", then pass the save game through parallels explorer and run it on "pc", modify, then save on "pc" and pass it back to mac with parallels explorer...

Also very important, make sure you use the same database in mac and pc.

Hi people, you'll be pleased to hear that exams are now over for me! icon_smile.gif

I am hoping to get some work on this done asap, infact I have just emailed littleblue to see if we can get on with the next stage.

More soon...

Originally posted by Weegie:

Hi people, you'll be pleased to hear that exams are now over for me! icon_smile.gif

I am hoping to get some work on this done asap, infact I have just emailed littleblue to see if we can get on with the next stage.

More soon...

Brilliant! This is always the first thread I check every day.

As I'm temporarily incapable of working, doing Uni assessments or playing football, I really have nothing else to do icon_frown.gif

Actually, Dietspam and ShearersTino, that is what we did if you haven't read the post. We got Littleblue to hand the code over to Weegie, the only person by the way to step forward with the necessary skills and knowledge to try to finish this project. The code is open and if you want to help please contact Weegie. I'm sure he'll appreciate having some more help. Or if you don't know anything about computer programming, but know someone who does, ask weegie if he could use their help.

More soon...

if it would be easier you could work on the different functions in stages (like ackter did with his mini-scout)

e.g at the moment I am desperate to be able to see CA/PA of the regens in my 2020 save, i am guessing this would be easier to achieve than an editing function?

Guest Bradley Gilbert

I only really want to see CA/PA of players, editing would be a bonus. Would it be easier to produce?

Guest Joshlee
Originally posted by Bradley Gilbert:

I only really want to see CA/PA of players, editing would be a bonus. Would it be easier to produce?

me either...i don't really care about the editing functions...

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I think I'm the only person who doesn't want this. haha.

But on a different note, wouldn't it be easy to just create a basic program to view CA and PA of each player, without all the extras?

surely with your interest in the quality of regens, this kind of tool would be extremely uselfull for research purposes.

in addition if this editor contains the ability to edit ca/pa then it can be the only way to rescue long term career games. When i used to play on a pc and could use fmm and genie scout. I would raise the CA of any high PA regens, right across the board (to say 110) - i.e improve players not in my team as well.

This greatly improves the chances of the high PA individuals making it as players in the future.

I understand where you're coming from Tom, but I just don't want the temptation. When FM09 is released, I'd be happy for the FM08 version then, as for research it could be good, although would be pointless, as my focus would be on FM09.

I do sometimes wish I had a tool to view things like this, for research purpose, but I'd rather not have it all together, than have people question my methods in my save games, regardless of me not using the tool.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I think I'm the only person who doesn't want this. haha.

But on a different note, wouldn't it be easy to just create a basic program to view CA and PA of each player, without all the extras?

Some of us like to edit our games, I, for example, despite the fact that I am managing in Spain, would love to see Leeds in a mire of debt all over again!! Or make one of Partick Thistle's strikers amazing and see them promoted. Not everyone edits their games to cheat.

Keep up all the work guys, thank you!!

Originally posted by Chinese Wino:

although some may disagree, i'm personally willing to wait longer for a program that can do more than just change a few PA/CA things

yes but functionality can be added in stages. i iagine something that can just peak at ca/pa like the early editions of miniscout would be easier to achieve than something with the power to edit. the power to e.g alter pa/ca could then be included in a later version.

I may be getting negative about it, but, what I will do in the following weeks is to install Windows in my Mac and run FMModifier... icon_frown.gif

Of course, I have some other reasons to install Windows here, but, I was personally wanting to keep running FM with Mac OS.

Let's hope the guys keep up the good work and see if some feedback comes.

More soon...

this was posted nearlly three weeks ago, an new weegie?

Hey hows it going?

I haven't been able to get a hold of littleblue so development has kinda stalled. Its a bit of a shame cause things were coming along nicely. I'll keep trying thou!

Please don't get you hopes pinned on this, as I said before, even if we do manage to get something released it will take a while.

Thanks

Hey hows it going?

I haven't been able to get a hold of littleblue so development has kinda stalled. Its a bit of a shame cause things were coming along nicely. I'll keep trying thou!

Please don't get you hopes pinned on this, as I said before, even if we do manage to get something released it will take a while.

Thanks

Thank you for the update

Hey hows it going?

Thanks

thanks for the update. what do you think about the suggestion that you introduce functionality in installments. i.e initially just release something that can peak at ca/pa (i know alot of people are desperate for this!).

i presume that this would be easier to achieve than something that can stably edit a live save?

Archived