CromScott's FM Database Update..(newplayers added)

cromscott

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crom i think if you clone the clubs like bourmouth and others on points deduction you can get rid of the points deduction. It will mess up there club loggos tho i think. I defo read it on fmformation thats what they done for there update. Worth a go m8 maybe. I dont care but its an idea.

Im gonna bring out a new quick update with the pompey take over and the change of chairman at Rangers......Also the Notts County chairman's resources have been put up from 5 to 17.....And ive done some more transfers aswell...and added a few young players..

Guys

APologies in advance but I am new to FM09 and awaiting for it to arrive tomorrow. A few questions...

1. How do I use the downloaded database? Does it replace the official one?

2. Where does the new game start in 08/09 or 09/10 season?

3. I read that if you use an edited version that the game is harder - is this true?

Thanks in advance again

thank you crom. really, thank you. i was using addm and fmworldupdate(before they moved servers and i cant register on the site) i was just gonna wait till after the window, but im gonna use yours till then.

one question. do you players at their new clubs right away or do you let it show that they moved for a fee? as in som editors, they just go straight to contract and type other from there. i used to do it from future transfer

First of all, I wanna point out that I have total respect for the people who do these updates. It takes serious commitment and I always get them every year. BUT.......

I dont understand why people want new versions durinag a transfer window. Isn't it pointless to say, download version 5 now to start a game and then have a complete transfer window update come out in a few more days? There isn't enough time to get into a decent game with version 5 and then a newer db is out.

I just cant see the sense in it??

Yeah I totally get what you are saying, I badly want to start a new game.

But I will wait until the window closes so I know I can start a game that i can play for the next few months. Rather than start a game now and all the final day transfers go through and I know I need to scrap the game I just started and get the new database.

Each to their own I suppose. I just dont get it.

Crom

Any thoughts on the questions below?

3. I read that if you use an edited version that the game is harder - is this true?

Crom

Any thoughts on the questions below?

1. CLick the Link press download , put it in the DB folder inside ur SPorts Interaction Folder. No it goes along side the official one you can have as many databases to choose form as you want

2. 08/09 its not possible to skip[ foreward unless u choose to start with a leagues start time that is in 09

3. No

A quick note to everybody, the european qualifiers are very screwy in all the updates I've tried (I include my own in this), for some reason if you don't load that specific country it can go really wierd and screwy and just select who it wants, despite the database having the right teams set to be in the competitions.

niceeeee Crom!! downloading right now as we speak.

can't wait till i start playing with Burnley! lets see if i can keep them up! :)

cheers,

edit : where do i put the folder at? i added the folder under DB in sports interactive. but when i start new game it wont show burnley under the premier league. HELP! im kinda new to using updated DB's :) thanks

Hi,

Great update but there are several issues I've found with Fulham.

1 - Duff's wages are way too high. Fulham don't pay high wages (ever!) and it's been well publicised that he's taken a huge paycut to come to us. I'd reckon he is probably on something in the region of 35k per week.

2 - Seol Ki-Hyeon is no longer on loan and is back with the club

3 - Kagisho Dikgacoi signed for the club over two weeks ago, he's just been waiting on his Visa paperwork which was granted yesterday

4 - Karim Laribi is no longer with the club, along with Daniel Owusu and the other Ghanian midfielder that is part of the reserve squad (sorry can't remember his name)

5 - Wayne Brown is on loan at TPS Turku until 31st October, 2009

6 - Jonathan Greening's stats are way too low. He has been signed as a possible replacement for Danny Murphy so his stats should at least be similar

That's all I've found so far but will post more if I find them.

Thanks

-Mic

Yeah I totally get what you are saying, I badly want to start a new game.

But I will wait until the window closes so I know I can start a game that i can play for the next few months. Rather than start a game now and all the final day transfers go through and I know I need to scrap the game I just started and get the new database.

Each to their own I suppose. I just dont get it.

I'm with you on this one Phil, I'm itching to start a new game to tide me over until the demo is out but think it's worth waiting until the transfer window shuts.

Just a quick question Cromscott, as the window shuts on Monday when do you expect your next update to be out?? I'm updating my own at the minute but it will be nowhere near the level of detail as yours so wondered if it's worth hanging on a day or so??

Regards.

" Jonathan Greening's stats are way too low. He has been signed as a possible replacement for Danny Murphy so his stats should at least be similar"

Thats like saying Valencia's stats should be similar to Ronaldo's because hes replaced him........There 2 different players.......It makes no sense what youve just written mate....The Kagisho Dikgacoi deal didnt go through till today which ive now done.....And Seol Ki-Hyeon is out on loan.......Il sort the rest out now pal.....Cheers for the feedback.

It does make sense ... Greenings stats are low in every department compared to Danny Murphy's. I'm not saying they should be the same but they definitely need improving. I'm also sure any West Brom would agree.

Seol Ki-Hyeon is definitley not out on loan ... I've just watched him play in our 1-0 defeat to Amkar Perm and you can also check out the Fulham website. There's even a section on the team page devoted to players out on loan, and he's not one of them!

Greenings stats are low because hes 2 footed.......If hes gonna be 2 footed and have good stats then hes needs a CA of about 160 which hes clearly not.....its just how the game works...........load up the database and have alook what stats hes got in it before the game loads up....

I'm with you on this one Phil, I'm itching to start a new game to tide me over until the demo is out but think it's worth waiting until the transfer window shuts.

Just a quick question Cromscott, as the window shuts on Monday when do you expect your next update to be out?? I'm updating my own at the minute but it will be nowhere near the level of detail as yours so wondered if it's worth hanging on a day or so??

Regards.

It will be Tuesday mate.

Arjen Robben has signed for FC Bayern for £22M

Sylvain Distin looks set to join Everton

Dmytro Chygrynskiy is joining Barcelona for £22M

Richard Dunne is joining Aston Villa

Also:

Christian Karembeu is now scouting for Arsenal

Niklas Bendtner's number is now 52

Thomas Vermaelen's stats look like they need tweaking, he's been very good at Arsenal

Tuncay and Huth from Boro have both signed for Stoke for a combined fee of £11M

Nice one.

If you're making changes on things that haven't happened yet but are an almost certainty then Marc Janko is coming on loan for a season with a 6mil buy option, it will be announced now we've qualified for the group stages of the Europa League. Also Jan Durica is another done deal, Roy is wrapping it up whilst he's over there.

QPR Get jay simpson

jay simpson is going to be the best player the world has ever seen reports Arsène Wenger

Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers have struck a deal with Arsenal to sign Jay Simpson on a season long loan deal, with just a medical separating both parties from confirming the arrangement.

There is also murmurs coming from West London that QPR have a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ allowing them to sign Jay on a permanent basis should he impress sufficiently. The 20-year-old frontman impressed during a three-month loan spell with West Brom in the closing stages of last season, netting once in 13 Premier League games.

A selection of stale performances over pre-season saw Simpson rapidly fall out of favour with Arsène Wenger despite penning a new two-year-deal in January. Money bags QPR are expected to mix his duties as a striker with ones on the wing. Jay joins former Gunner Matthew Connolly at Loftus Road

Archived