bugs that make this game unplayable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

So you can't even be bothered to spend 20 minutes uploading a save game?

Clearly not much of a problem then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS.. what are you babling about.

As said how hard can it be to do the above things... how about the **** testing team start doing their jobs since this is hardly hard to spot.

This same happened with EHM... upload, upload... well it took more than 6 months to sort basic stuff out even than.

So.. NO.. I haven't uploaded since as said it really does not take much to see this.

..and than there are talks how this forum is getting worse and worse. No wonder when there are smart ass comments made like yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont have a go at Ackter- I dont think he was being a smartass.

I can see your point though- with the glaring issues that SI chose to release the game with, its no wonder people are less than happy to do their testing for them.

George - if he'd just started uploading his saved game when he came online to post here then it would already be with SI and they'd be able to look at it when they're back in work tomorrow.

He already has the save games needed, it's not like SI are asking people to go out of their way to do things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

George - if he'd just started uploading his saved game when he came online to post here then it would already be with SI and they'd be able to look at it when they're back in work tomorrow.

He already has the save games needed, it's not like SI are asking people to go out of their way to do things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I did go more than way out of things with EHM uploads etc.

Not this time though. It took 6 months to get it sorted out and this is repeat show.

The flaw is blatantly obvious that the only save game needed is the one you generate with your PC.

This problem has already been talked to death in threads with General forum. CA's, PA's etc etc.

So..thanks but no thanks. Just got involved because Mirrork was getting needless crap from other forum members.

Oh.. you are correct George. I actually remember your nick from the good old wibble/wobble days.

..and other thing I do miss is the fact that Marc vaughan isn't involved that much in these forums anymore. He was an ok guy with an attitude I liked. I guess he is developing the handheld edition and all the best to him.

...oh and IF someone actually does have the earlier Beta patch available somewhere I would appreciate if you could point the way.

This nonsense with the training started with the official patch.

He already has the save games needed, it's not like SI are asking people to go out of their way to do things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree- I just think that people are becoming more reticent to help SI because of this release, and I can understand why (as it appears that SI have lost a lot of goodwill this year- its much easier to lose these things than it is to build them up)- even though by not doing it the likelihood of a fix is obviously reduced.

Quite sad really.

It was the same last year to be honest. So many of my requests for save games were ignored - got to the point where I was trying to recreate the bugs in my spare time just to get them logged.

People are happy to complain, but many can't be bothered to help out.

Yeah, I miss Marc on these forums too- halycon days back then!!!!

I remember when in a CM3 patch they actually added new features! Obviously the game is more complex now but what excitement at iirc was a teeny addition to comment on other teams players.

As for the beta patch:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/7522022463

It was the same last year to be honest. So many of my requests for save games were ignored - got to the point where I was trying to recreate the bugs in my spare time just to get them logged.

People are happy to complain, but many can't be bothered to help out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI need to put a prompt in that when somebody closes the game down out of frustration that it uploads the savegame "ala" Windows when it detects an error.

Joking aside- if something like that could be integrated into FM it may help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

You really dont know when to cut your losses do you? Funny how everyone but the smartarse knew what he meant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry for missing the point in his post.

Happy now?

And for the guy who was saying English isn't his first language: it's not my first language too, but I do bother to make my posts readable and understandable to everyone. I don't use textspeak, only abbreviations like wtf, tbh and imo, which are pretty standard on the web nowadays.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emmenaar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

You really dont know when to cut your losses do you? Funny how everyone but the smartarse knew what he meant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry for missing the point in his post.

Happy now?

And for the guy who was saying English isn't his first language: it's not my first language too, but I do bother to make my posts readable and understandable to everyone. I don't use textspeak, only abbreviations like wtf, tbh and imo, which are pretty standard on the web nowadays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, no more txtspeak and back to the topic. icon14.gif

Yeah, I miss Marc on these forums too- halycon days back then!!!!

I remember when in a CM3 patch they actually added new features! Obviously the game is more complex now but what excitement at iirc was a teeny addition to comment on other teams players.

As for the beta patch:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/7522022463 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif ... those were the days indeed! CM3 + Marc commemts! icon_biggrin.gif

Thsnks George! That is exactly what I was looking for.

People are happy to complain, but many can't be bothered to help out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes this year I would never have believed it.

It astonishes me that so many people are unwilling to upload a save game yet spend loads of time complaining about their various problems.

I'm not mentioning people in this thread or having a sly dig at anyone but it just astonished me.

I have uploaded somewhere in the region of ..... (has a quick think).....25(ish) saves, and probably about (20)ish pkm's.

I have had the reward of having some of the issues that I encountered, (and weren't too common by all accounts) fixed by the testing team. DOn't get me wrong, not everything is being fixed and I don't expect it to, but I know that I have done my bit. If a few others looked at things in just a teeny weeny bit more positive manner, the testing team might be able to fix even more bugs.

This really isn't aimed at individuals in this thread, more GQ posters in general, so if you have iploaded saves to back up your complaining posts then I salute.

ps. Seeing something fixed in the game, (even something tiny that hardly affects gameplay at all), that may or may not have been fixed as a result of my comments, is a simply BRILLIANT feeling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAVIN42:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAVIN42:

well said - zeke you should maybe show the "international squad" member a little respect yeah? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Status titles mean nothing at all btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it means you've made a lot of posts...therefore have been on the forums longer than other people...therefore know what you're talking about i would assume icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The respect is two edged sword which goes both ways. As said got involved into this episode when I noticed MirrorK getting needless bs.

Oh.. and I was here way before 2003. Just had to change nickname since the old got lost in the "forum software move" ages ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

It astonishes me that so many people are unwilling to upload a save game yet spend loads of time complaining about their various problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It reminds me of the situation last year when loads of people loudly complaining about transfer fees doubling. Not one of them supplied savegames either.

Mind you, it only happened on pirated versions of the game. So it wasn't really a surprise that they didn't provide any savegames for SI to look at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

It astonishes me that so many people are unwilling to upload a save game yet spend loads of time complaining about their various problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It reminds me of the situation last year when loads of people loudly complaining about transfer fees doubling. Not one of them supplied savegames either.

Mind you, it only happened on pirated versions of the game. So it wasn't really a surprise that they didn't provide any savegames for SI to look at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda makes you wonder how many of these "common issues" only occur on dodgy copies of the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeke:

The respect is two edged sword which goes both ways. As said got involved into this episode when I noticed MirrorK getting needless bs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had he not started what, to me, seems like a blatant troll thread, he wouldn't have got any BS in the first place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

Mind you, it only happened on pirated versions of the game. So it wasn't really a surprise that they didn't provide any savegames for SI to look at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just a shame that this year's 'anti piracy measures' have been a bit of a shambles.

..sadly reminds me on last version of EHM series.

Actually this is version FM2008 has similar symptons. (Some older dropping their attributes like stone and younger guys stagnating)

Oh.. there no bugs regarding this issue was stated. Pirated versions were blamed and almost Santa Claus was guilty. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

There were uploads after uploads ---> same story. No problems whatsoever.

Oh.. as it happens the regen system/training model or whatever it was... well it was broken. It just took around 6 months to notice it and fix it. (Pretty much the same as here)

So, that was the last draw for me. I skipped FM2007 version. I was hoping that these kind of things would be in the past by FM2008 but sadly not.

As for the guy who stated that I don't have an clue what testing is about.. well you are entitled to your opinions...but just maybe I have been involved in these types of things.

I suppose it all depends on your definition of unplayable. Taken literally, the game is not unplayable, because it can be played. Sometimes I suspect people mean considerably less enjoyable when they say unplayable.

I, for one, have been quite critical of this incarnation of the game. Certainly more so than ever before. But do I still enjoy it? I have to admit that I do.

Thats just laziness on your part though. OK I agree that some who used a pirated verison wouldn't want to uploada their game to the FTP. However , with bugs such as the goalscoring bug , it doesn't have anything to do with a specific game , its a general error that doesn't require the specific game to run. Its just a general error.

And on a side note. Those who claim that the way to get around the goalscoring bug is to change tactics is absolute rubbish. If im regularly peppering the opposition goal with 20-25 shots every game , its got nothing to do with my tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobbyB123:

And on a side note. Those who claim that the way to get around the goalscoring bug is to change tactics is absolute rubbish. If im regularly peppering the opposition goal with 20-25 shots every game , its got nothing to do with my tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't replicated that "bug", so maybe it does need a saved game uploaded?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If im regularly peppering the opposition goal with 20-25 shots every game , its got nothing to do with my tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Making small changes to your tactics can reduce the chances of it happening.

Either take that on board or continue getting annoyed, it's your call.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobbyB123:

And on a side note. Those who claim that the way to get around the goalscoring bug is to change tactics is absolute rubbish. If im regularly peppering the opposition goal with 20-25 shots every game , its got nothing to do with my tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't replicated that "bug", so maybe it does need a saved game uploaded? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a bug is specific then yes , but surely a 16 page , 900+ post thread about the issue proves that its widespread.

The uploading issue with SI staff on the surface looks like an excuse to ignore bug in some cases.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If im regularly peppering the opposition goal with 20-25 shots every game , its got nothing to do with my tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either take that on board or continue getting annoyed, it's your call. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean? Reducing my attacking intent , will reduce my shots and therefore increase the amount of goals I score.

That just defies logic.

Either take that on board or continue getting annoyed, it's your call. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean? Reducing my attacking intent , will reduce my shots and therefore increase the amount of goals I score.

That just defies logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, though the effect is certainly amplified over real life. Generally the more patient you are in build up, the more likely you are of creating a good quality chance. The important bit is finding the right balance for your team of players. Too attacking and they'll squander chances, too defensive and they'll not take the chance when it happens.

That just defies logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, though the effect is certainly amplified over real life. Generally the more patient you are in build up, the more likely you are of creating a good quality chance. The important bit is finding the right balance for your team of players. Too attacking and they'll squander chances, too defensive and they'll not take the chance when it happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real life that its true. However , I doubt the game is intelligent enough to replicate that to the extent where it is similar to real life.

Also , when you look at some of the chances you get , especially when on the counter attack , I doubt it has anything to do with attacking intent.

True to an extent, but you should really try it - the results can be much more pleasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accept that , but I don't see why I should seeing asthough its a bug in the game thats costing me the results - although I suppose you could say that if my apporach isn't working , then I might aswell go back to something different.

From all I've hear about the shots bug, it seems that the main issue is that the user's tactic is normally very attacking, which leads to lots of chances, but, the game itself tries to keep the scores realistic by deciding on a score beforehand, one which you'd expect in a normal game, ie 3-1 2-2, etc.

So surely the best way to combat the bug would be try try one of th edefault tactics? Has anyone tried this and got results?

Presonally I have no problem with the shots on target "bug" I play ANelka as a lone striker and he scores most one-on-ones and shots. Having Riquelme, Young and Simao (I'm Villa) to back hium up obviously helps icon_cool.gif

The weather bug is the only real gamebreaking issue for me. Playing 90% of matches on a waterlog pitch is pretty irritating. I know this doesn't happen for everyone but enough people have reported it to make it worth fixing surely.

The number of chances created in most games seems unrealistic too. Especially playing a defensive formation you wouldn't expect to see the opposition creating 30+ shots on goal to your 15+ with any sort of consistency. In FM08 if your team creates less than 5 goal attempts in a match then it's cos you were totally outplayed, which is certainly not always the case irl.

The way defensive midfielders get caught in possession is pretty annoying too. I don't think this can be put down to ppm's or player instructions, it's defo a bug.

I could easily go on, there are literally hundreds of bugs in FM08 even since the patch. Every time I play it I seem to notice something else that isn't quite right. Regardless it's still a class game and I'm impressed with the progress SI have made in this edition, or rather I'm impressed by their ambition. There are many new features and improvements to the previous version and as such it's not at all surprising that their are lots of things that need tweaking. However, I do think that the game wasn't properly playtested and tuned before release, but this can be put down to the fac that the release date had to coincide somewhat with the new season.

I again agree that there are some tactics that allow lots of shots and low success. Try reducing tempo and passing, it worked for me. Now I have similar shots than rivals but I score lots, including one on ones, but also lots of goals from AMs.

You can say "my tactic creates a lot of chances and should work, I don't want to change it". that's like saying in COD that you always have to win playing with a machine gun, just because it fires a lot and has great power, and if you lose against a sniper is because he is cheating icon_razz.gif All scenarios need its own tactics, just change yours and see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the game itself tries to keep the scores realistic by deciding on a score beforehand, one which you'd expect in a normal game, ie 3-1 2-2, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not how it works.

Archived