Official Rate My Team FM08 Thread

jonahno6

I don't really see the point of having Trejo on lone personally. Otherwise you have got a fairly strong squad to work with. You might want to look for a long term LB successor, A.Traore, Chiellini, Bale or even Insua (depending how he has developed). Also it's worth looking at Abenzoar as a long term RB option, if he is developing well get him, he becomes a class act.

Good luck with your Man Utd save dazp1919 :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton,first season,currently in battle for the title:

GK: Loris

DR: Chretien

DL: Baines

DC: Barzagli

DC: Yobo

DMC: P.Nevillle

MC: Van Der Vaart

MC: Defour

AMR: Arshavin

AML: Farfan

FC: Rodrigo Palacio

Key reserves:Samba,Vaughan,Stancu,Osman,Pienaar,Manuel Fernandes,Wessels

I don't really see the point of having Trejo on lone personally. Otherwise you have got a fairly strong squad to work with. You might want to look for a long term LB successor, A.Traore, Chiellini, Bale or even Insua (depending how he has developed). Also it's worth looking at Abenzoar as a long term RB option, if he is developing well get him, he becomes a class act.

Good luck with your Man Utd save dazp1919 :thup:

Thanks Hopey. Wont get abenzoar, had him at Norwich before i got the utd job but Inter beat me to his signing pre season. Got Trejo on deadline day cos rooney got injured but he turns out to be rubbish.

Man City, Start of 3rd season.

-------------------Kameni--------------------

-------------Zaccardo--Corluka---------------

--Rafinha-------------------------------Bale--

------------Bodmer-Veloso-Jimenez-----------

------------------v d Vaart-------------------

--------------Farfan---Guilherme--------------

Subs: Schmeichel, Naldo, Tymoschuk, Arshavin,

Saviola, Shorey, Bruins

Others: Hart, Vidal, Abubakari Yakubu, Ferrari,

Ireland, Caiceido

Liverpool Team(Season 07/08):

GK: Reina

RB: Rafinha

RCB: Carragher

LCB: Miguel Veloso

LB: Riise

RCM: Gerrard©

CM: Xabi Alonso

LCM: Babel

CAM: Van Der Vaart

LS: Adriano

RS: Torres

S1: Skrtel

S2: Kuyt

S3: Fernandez

S4: Mascherano

S5: Nihat

Spending money: £50.68 million(not that I used much of it.)

I did has Kuyt in place of Adriano, Skrtel in place of Miguel Veloso, and Finnan in place of Rafinha, which helped me to win the EPL and the CL, in only one season. As you can see, I bought only 3 players for that season(Van Der Vaart, Fernandez and Nihat)

Tottenham Team(Season 09/10):

GK: Juan Pablo Carrizo

RCB: Kaboul

LCB: Zé Castro

LB: Bale

RDM: Banega

LDM: Tymoschuk©

RCAM: Baptiste

LCAM: Rakitic

RS: Defoe

LS: Thiago(From Sao Paulo)

S1: Nasri

S2: Steven Lennon

S3: Bent

S4: Ménez

S5: Bent

Spending money: £39.03 million

As you've probably gathered, this was an old, pre-update season(my 3rd with Spurs).

I finished 4th, then 2nd, and I was top by 10 points, after 17 matches, then came the update. I kept the save because it was probably one of my better seasons, or better progressive teams, at least.

As you also gathered, that is a very attacking team.

Thanks Hopey. Wont get abenzoar, had him at Norwich before i got the utd job but Inter beat me to his signing pre season. Got Trejo on deadline day cos rooney got injured but he turns out to be rubbish.

Ah, shame you missed out on him. Have a look at Marvin Angulo? Can be quality! But can also turn into an average player.

How long is Rooney out for? If it's not to bad then you should be alright with just Tevez/Rooney if it isn't try and get Bianchi or Cardozo in the Jan window, they should be within your £14Million budget just.

Man City, Start of 3rd season.

-------------------Kameni--------------------

-------------Zaccardo--Corluka---------------

--Rafinha-------------------------------Bale--

------------Bodmer-Veloso-Jimenez-----------

------------------v d Vaart-------------------

--------------Farfan---Guilherme--------------

Subs: Schmeichel, Naldo, Tymoschuk, Arshavin,

Saviola, Shorey, Bruins

Others: Hart, Vidal, Abubakari Yakubu, Ferrari,

Ireland, Caiceido

IIRC I replied to your post in the 'Improve my Team' thread:)

Liverpool Team(Season 07/08):

GK: Reina Good but there is better. Neuer, Akinfeev, Ochoa, Lloris and Frey are all better than Pepe

RB: Rafinha Not good enough in defence, I'd look to either spend big on di Silvestri, Ramos, Richards or Sagna or get Onouha, Mancienne to rotate with Rafinha. If you're playing an attacking team, use Onouha or Mancienne. If it's a more defensive team then use Rafinha.

RCB: Carragher Getting older now, perhaps try and buy Fazio, Samba, Vidal, Eduardo(Bahia). I'd buy two of these and replace Veloso at CB.

LCB: Miguel Veloso Wasted at CB IMO. He is good here and will do a good job, but is better at DMC

LB: Riise Not good enough, look at Taiwo, Bale, Chiellini, Traore, Clichy

RCM: Gerrard© Great player

CM: Xabi Alonso Also very good, try to rotate with Mascherano.

LCM: Babel Why at CM? If anything, use VDV here and Babel at AMC

CAM: Van Der Vaart Good, perhaps swap with Babel.

LS: Adriano Tempremental. If he doesn't play for a while he will get very stroppy, and this will have an effect on your whole teams morale. I'd look to replace with someone younger and better.

RS: Torres Brilliant player

S1: Skrtel

S2: Kuyt

S3: Fernandez

S4: Mascherano Rotate with Alonso

S5: Nihat

Spending money: £50.68 million(not that I used much of it.)

I did has Kuyt in place of Adriano, Skrtel in place of Miguel Veloso, and Finnan in place of Rafinha, which helped me to win the EPL and the CL, in only one season. As you can see, I bought only 3 players for that season(Van Der Vaart, Fernandez and Nihat)

Tottenham Team(Season 09/10):

GK: Juan Pablo Carrizo

RCB: Kaboul

LCB: Zé Castro

LB: Bale

RDM: Banega

LDM: Tymoschuk©

RCAM: Baptiste

LCAM: Rakitic

RS: Defoe

LS: Thiago(From Sao Paulo)

S1: Nasri

S2: Steven Lennon

S3: Bent

S4: Ménez

S5: Bent

Spending money: £39.03 million

As you've probably gathered, this was an old, pre-update season(my 3rd with Spurs).

I finished 4th, then 2nd, and I was top by 10 points, after 17 matches, then came the update. I kept the save because it was probably one of my better seasons, or better progressive teams, at least.

As you also gathered, that is a very attacking team.

Thoughts on Liverpool team in the quote. Do you need comments on your Spurs team, too?

Bruffell06

GK - Good. Akinfeev is excellent and Hart is great backup.

DR - Good. Alves is great, and Richards is good backup. But as you use Richards as a CB, perhaps try and buy someone. Mancienne or Onouha?

DL - Insua is great, Aurelio is very good. Get Vidal or Eduardo for here as backup/rotation

DC - Zapata and Richards are great, Mertesacker is very good also. But apart from that your defence looks quite bare. Look at some I mentioned above in the post about Liverpool. Vidal is my favorite.

MR - Fernandez is wasted here, use Messi and move Fernandez to ML. Young, Lansbury are good backup.

ML - Petrov is getting older now, look to sell him. Fernandez is good here, Young is good backup

MC - Veloso and VDV are good, and your backup is also strong. No need to improve here, but I would look to sell Neves.

ST - Great. Aguero, Torres are great. Guilherme and Huntelaar are good backup. No need for Jo, you have enough strikers.

Isaac08

You have a very very strong team but I'd say there's better players out there than Vedran Corulka, Gareth Bale and Guilherme.

Replace Corluka with Alengo Polombo, Gerard Pique or Christian Chivu.

Replace Bale with with Armand Traore, Aleksandr Kolarov or Arvalo Arbeloa.

Replace Guilherme with Adrian, Mario Gomez or Fabio Quagriarella.

If you'd sign any of them then you'll have a world-class team mate.

Good luck ;)

Now could anyone help me?

I'm now in my 3rd season with Rangers, last season was too easy! I played 38, won 32, drew 5 and lost only 1. My goal difference was +92 and I was winning games by 4,5,6 goals week in, week out.

I have a stronger team this year I think.

FM08Rangers.jpg

I have signed two more players after I took the screenshot, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Toni Doblas.

Please give me some comments and advice,

Cheers

Isaac08

Is Corluka two footed? Didn't think he was if not I wouldn't play him on the left side of CB, I'd rather use Vidal there.

Disagree wit Jedzo on Bale, he is one of the best Left backs around so I don't see the need to replace him, especially if you are playing him as a wing back.

I'd look to replace Farfan though with a better striker, Bendnter could be ideal here if you can get him, Aguero would be another option. Guilherme I rate higher than Farfan so I wouldn't nesscarry say he needs to be replaced, he's a good squad player to have.

I'd also look at replacing Kameni, he is fab but you can get much better Lloris/Akinfeev for example.

You've got a good team Isacc08, very solid spine indeed.

Jedzo

You've got a good little team there, one thing I'm curoius about how easy is it now for you to get the world class players? Whats your reptuation like?

Just would like to know before I comment on possible players to bring in.

I'll comment on what I do like/rate about your team though and my thoughts etc.

-----

GK - Costil is ace, good little player and cheap. Of course you could get world class goalkeepers but Costil turns into a fab GK so no problems here.

CB - Both Vidal and Bellaid will turn into world class players, two great CB's here.

JVD - Solid, often not spoke about player. I'm sure he does a good job for you, you could improve in this area but it would depend on your rep/money.

Bocaly - Ideally I prefer him at CB, however he can cover at RB no problem. Turns into a very solid defensive player, however I am unsure how good attacking wise he is to be playing at WB.

3 CM - Abit hit and miss for me here, Ferguson and Adams are okay players but you could improve here. Perhaps look to bring in Adrien as an ideal long term option.

AMC - What can I say about Jimenez, fab little player and cheap too.

ST - Unsure how good Zidan is on this years FM08, Naismith also. I think you can improve vastly upfront. I see you say you have RVN comming in, he must be getting on abit? But I'm sure he will bag quite alot of goals in the SPL. Ideally if I was you though I would look to more long term options. Depends on your budget however...

Ok, thanks for the advice given so far.

My team's Reputation is Continental. I only have £3.5M ATM.

Pablo Piatti is the SPL's best midfielder (as awarded last year) but his conract is running out at the end of the season and he has no intrest in re-signing - so should i try to sell and get a good bit of money off him? Or keep trying to renew?

Zidan is the best striker in my sqaud (according to the coach reports) and Naismith has scored over 35 goals for me in every season so far.

Cheers

I don't think bendtner would want to come to me but I think he would be a great adition to my team. I will try and get bendtner but I dont think he will come so has any body got any suggestions for a striker.

I gave three options.

I don't think bendtner would want to come to me but I think he would be a great adition to my team. I will try and get bendtner but I dont think he will come so has any body got any suggestions for a striker.

It was just one suggestion, there's plenty of others. Have a look at Huntelaar or Pazzani also :thup:

My god, I forgot another guy. Issac look at Marouane Chamakh, he's ace! Often under-rated around here :thup:

Ok, thanks for the advice given so far.

My team's Reputation is Continental. I only have £3.5M ATM.

Pablo Piatti is the SPL's best midfielder (as awarded last year) but his conract is running out at the end of the season and he has no intrest in re-signing - so should i try to sell and get a good bit of money off him? Or keep trying to renew?

Zidan is the best striker in my sqaud (according to the coach reports) and Naismith has scored over 35 goals for me in every season so far.

Cheers

I'd definatly look to get Adrien in, with regards to the Piatti situation, you don't have much choice. Keep up with the efforts for renewal, praise him etc. Then if it's comming near January and when he get negoiate with other clubs try and good amount for him if he hasn't signed a new deal. Replacing him could be hard, I think your best bet might be to get some promising youngsters in and nuture them into good players. There should be plently around, have a look at Gakpe/Obertan (theres plenty more options/players I haven't named yet of course). Also if you need a good little DM, have a look at Didier Digard fab little player.

Striker wise, I would still look for longer term options. Have a look at Yoan Gouffran for example, but if your happy for now then no problems :thup:

OhAhCantona

Sorry to tell u but I have never played him for man city lol. But his stats are very good and I have had him before for lower league teams and he was definentaly the best player in the team so I would defo sign him for QPR.

My Shakhtar Team:

GK:Lloris, Riou, Ustari

Defence: Fazio, Vidal, Rusol, Chygrynskyi, Musacchio, Abenzoar, Apam, Chretien, Gai, Bale, Alves, Marcelo

Midfield:Diarra, Tymoschuk, Traore, Sankhare, Jonsson, Afellay, Kalouda, Fernandez, Menez, Obertan, Pryyomov, Farfan, Piatti, Giovinco, Douglas, Jimenez, Nazarenko, Tales, Van der Vaart.

Strikers:Rossi, Walter, Stancu, Cavani, Gladkyi, Zeefuik.

I play a formation with:1 GK, 1 DL, 1 DR, 2 DCs, 1 DMC, 1 MC, 1 AMC, 1 AML, 1 AMR, 1 FC.

Obviously money is no object, I'm starting the third season and am holders of the Champions League. My squad is WAAAY too big, so I need to trim it. Recommendations on who to sell? I also have a lot of youngsters, what are your views on them? Because I have so many should I loan them out or steadily introduce them to first-team football?

Also, I need signings to get me onto the next level-world class, but it's hard when no-one wants to move to Ukraine. My club and manager's rep is continental BTW.

Er...Don't really have one. I generally tend to rotate, although if I was to play my strongest team it would probably be:

Riou(Lloris is unhappy, out of contract next year and on his way out of the club)

(From left to right)Bale Chygrynski Rusol Alves/Chretien

Tymoschuk/Diarra

Jonsson

Fernandez VDV Farfan

Rossi

TBH the line-up is quite troublesome. I don't have a clue who to pick and who to sell/buy. Or what to do with youngsters.

Just a comment... I have not signed Alves yet but he is considering my contract...but also contracts from Man U and Roma... I thought I had him til they bidded.

But with better news, I have signed Denilson from Arsenal!

My Shakhtar Team:

GK:

Defence: Rusol, Musacchio, Apam, Gai,

Midfield:Traore, Jonsson, Afellay, Kalouda, Obertan, Pryyomov, Nazarenko.

Strikers:Walter, Stancu, Gladkyi

I play a formation with:1 GK, 1 DL, 1 DR, 2 DCs, 1 DMC, 1 MC, 1 AMC, 1 AML, 1 AMR, 1 FC.

Obviously money is no object, I'm starting the third season and am holders of the Champions League. My squad is WAAAY too big, so I need to trim it. Recommendations on who to sell? I also have a lot of youngsters, what are your views on them? Because I have so many should I loan them out or steadily introduce them to first-team football?

Also, I need signings to get me onto the next level-world class, but it's hard when no-one wants to move to Ukraine. My club and manager's rep is continental BTW.

K, thanks. I'd use:

GK: Lloris

DR: Alves(if you get him)

DL: Bale

DC: Vidal

DC: Fazio

DMC: Diarra

MC: Denilson

AMR: Menez

AML: Giovinco

AMC: Fernandez

ST: Rossi

SUB1: Riou

SUB2: Marcelo

SUB3: Chretien

SUB4: Affelay

SUB5: Cavani

Thats a VERY good lineup. Above I've deleted the players who I think you should keep, with the ones I think you should sell remaining. Out of those, the players in bold are those who I have not had.

Affelay is only in because he is so versatile.

Yeah, try to sign one fo the following

Bacary Sagna - Arsenal

Micah Richards - Man City

Sergio Ramos - Real Madrid

Lorenzo De Silvestri - Lazio

Francois Clerc - Lyon

Marvin Angulo - Herediano

Not Quite As Good Options:

Michael Mancienne - Chelsea

Nedum Onouha - Man City

Loic Abenzoar - Lyon

Garry Bocaly - Marseille

My Champions league winning Man City Side - Start of 3rd season.

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Joe Hart

Defenders: Micah Richards, Vedran Corluka, Ezequiel Garay, Christopher Samba, Richard Dunne, Michael Ball, Gareth Bale

Midfielders: Elano, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Simao, Gelson Fernandes, Javi Martinez, Gaby Mudingayi, Michael Johnson, Juan Roman Riquelme, Thiago, Martin Petrov

Strikers: Theo Walcott, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Alexandre Pato, Peter Crouch

I play 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1

Sell:

Michael Ball - not good enough

Gelson Fernandes - not good enough

Gaby Mudingayi - not good enough

Martin Petrov - too old

Juan Roman Riquelme - too old

Peter Crouch - not needed, try and bring through youth

What's your line-up? I'm guessing

GK - Lloris

DR - Richards

DL - Bale

DC - Corluka

DC - Samba

MR - Elano

ML - Petrov

MC - Martinez

MC - Johnson

ST - Huntelaar

ST - Pato

If not, you should. Thats your best lineup.

You need a new ML, but thats all IMO. What's your budget?

Good team though

OhAhCantona

Sorry to tell u but I have never played him for man city lol. But his stats are very good and I have had him before for lower league teams and he was definentaly the best player in the team so I would defo sign him for QPR.

Okay, thanks! I had him for Posh in League One and played him as an AM with a farrow. Scored as many goals as games he played... However I thought he might be a bit slow for the PL! But we'll see!

okay so here's my middlesbrough team just about to enter my 5th season.i finished 3rd last year won uefa cup and fa cup runner up.

my 1st eleven playing 4-1-4-1 knap(107)

gk kuszczak

dr vd borre

dl a.taylor

dc huth(underrated imo)

dc coloccini

dm fazio

amr ninis

aml aquino

amc mihelic

amc jimenez

st zarate

and the rest of my massive squad is

gk ustari

dc vidal

dr hoyte

dlc pogatetz

dwbl mattock

mc cattermole

mc rochemback

mc ben watson

amrc g.barnes

amrlfc tuncay(great bit part player)

amrlst a.slory(great sub for both wings)

malc fc m.b.diouf

fc a.alves (30.but still banging them in player of the year last season)

st b.stancu

st k.agouda

please advise on my strongest line up,who to sell etc and who to hold onto im really enjoying this game at the mo with unfashionable boro!!!

okay so here's my middlesbrough team just about to enter my 5th season.i finished 3rd last year won uefa cup and fa cup runner up.

gk kuszczak

dr vd borre

dl a.taylor

dc huth(underrated imo)

dc coloccini

dm fazio

amr ninis

aml aquino

amc mihelic

amc jimenez

st zarate

gk ustari

dc vidal

dr hoyte

dlc pogatetz

dwbl mattock

mc cattermole

mc rochemback

mc ben watson

amrc g.barnes

malc fc m.b.diouf

st b.stancu

st k.agouda

please advise on my strongest line up,who to sell etc and who to hold onto im really enjoying this game at the mo with unfashionable boro!!!

Play Ustari instead Kuszczak, he's much better. Vanden Borre is more of a wing back than a RB, he can't defend too well. Replace Coloccini with Fazio and put Cattermole at DM (or CM). Other than that you a good team, nothing incredible needed, just a few niggles.

Play Ustari instead Kuszczak, he's much better. Vanden Borre is more of a wing back than a RB, he can't defend too well. Replace Coloccini with Fazio and put Cattermole at DM (or CM). Other than that you a good team, nothing incredible needed, just a few niggles.

I'd agree with what DiscoStu said :)

gk kuszczak As Stu said, replace with Ustari.

dr vd borre Has too low concentration and positioning to be a defender, maybe WBR or RM.

dl a.taylor Good, could do better(Bale, Kolarov, Guilherme)

dc huth(underrated imo) Same as Taylor(Barzagli?, Zapater, Kompany, Fazio

dc coloccinI Replace with Fazio

dm fazio Play in DC

amr ninis Haven't had him

aml aquino Excellent

amc mihelic Good

amc jimenez Excellent

st zarate Good

gk ustari Good, replace with Kuzcak

dc vidal Very good, replace Taylor

dr hoyte Haven't had

dlc pogatetz Haven't had

dwbl mattock Very good

mc cattermole Very good, replace with Coloccini

mc rochemback Haven't had. I think you should sell though

mc ben watson Good, from a biased perspective but bad from an unbiased one. Sell(I hate myself for saying that)

amrc g.barnes Excellent

amrlfc tuncay(great bit part player)Good, very versatile

amrlst a.slory(great sub for both wings) Again, good.

malc fc m.b.diouf Haven't had

fc a.alves (30.but still banging them in player of the year last season) Sell

st b.stancu

st k.agouda Sell one of Agouda or Stancu.

Keep Aquino, Vidal, one of Agouda or Stancu, one of Slory or Tuncay, maybe Barnes, Mattock, Aquino, Jimenez.

BTW my thoughts are in quote.

gk kuszczak

dr vd borre

dl a.taylor

dc huth(underrated imo)

dc coloccini

dm fazio

amr ninis

aml aquino

amc mihelic

amc jimenez

st zarate

gk ustari

dc vidal

dr hoyte

dlc pogatetz

dwbl mattock

mc cattermole

mc rochemback

mc ben watson

amrc g.barnes

malc fc m.b.diouf

st b.stancu

st k.agouda

forgot to list my reserves. here's just eleven of them

dc k.pearce

dc r.forster

ar traore

stelvio

buonanotte

piatti

wilshere

walter(fc)

neymar

luke freeman

n.mazzola

so any more squad ideas?? especially trimming down !!!

This is my Middlesbrough team, and as you can guess from the date its 3rd season.

middlesbroughteamqx4.png

How can i make this team better? (i only got dos Santos because he was unhappy at Barca and his contract ran out, same with Walcott)

With bojan i loaned him in for the first season so Middlesbrough became one of his favourite teams and then i bidded for him.

in the first season i came 4th and in the second i came 5th.

thanks for all the advice

forgot to list my reserves. here's just eleven of them

dc k.pearce Get rid

dc r.forster Get rid

ar traore If he looks good, keep. If not, send out on loan. If he does well, keep.

stelvio Same as Traore

buonanotte Same as Traore

piatti Same as Traore

wilshere Same as Traore

walter(fc) Keep.

neymar Same as Traore

luke freeman Get rid

n.mazzola Get rid

so any more squad ideas?? especially trimming down !!!

Thoughts in quote.

Just finished my second season with Leeds. Got promoted from League One on first season and on 2nd season I became 6th on league but lost on Play-Offs to Wolves so another season on CCC is waiting, my team is following:

screenieye9.th.jpgthpix.gif

I need players for the empty spots on first team (GK, LB, CB, CM[Attack-Minded]). Preferably players, who are under 25 as I wanna keep my team young, current team's avg age is 22.

I've got 12 mil of transfer budget and planning to sign 2-3 new players and loan some.

Give me some advice about who to sign please. :)

Thandui Sell the ones in bold, consider replacing those in italics

GK - Ustari, Mirante

RB - Ilsinho, Chretien

LB - Guilherme, Kolarov, Taylor (when Guilherme returns from loan)

CB - Vidal, Felipe, Huth, Wheater, Sakho

DM - Barusso, Diarra, Zokora, Cattermole, Sankhare, Bernado

AMC - Dos Santos, Di Maria, Fernandez, Mihelic, Buonanotte, Jimenez, Vazquez, Walcott, Johnson, Barbosa

ST - Bojan, Crouch, Alves

Archived