• English Premier Division Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    4 hours ago, Davidog said:

Correct me if I'm wrong @Dan Ormsby

Player traits I feel are missing for certain players

Kieran Tierney- Gets forward whenever possible

Thomas Partey and William Saliba- Tries to play way out of trouble

Takehiro Tomiyasu, Benjamin White and Gabriel - Tries long range passes

Albert Sambi Lokonga- Comes deep to get ball

Gabriel Jesus- Moves into channels 

Tierney - don't think this is warranted, it is just the role he plays for Arsenal.  If he was playing in a back three, or had been instructed to play as a defensive full back, he wouldn't look to constantly get forward.  I don't think the tendency outweighs his level of discipline for playing a requested role, put another way.

Partey and Saliba - probably fair of Partey so I'll add that.  Not really seen enough of Saliba to determine whether this is something he would do in situations where he has been specifically instructed not to.  Similar to the above, this is just the system Arsenal generally play, to play the ball out of defence.

Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel - Gabriel already has this PPM, which was something inherited from his time in France, but I think it's fair enough to keep it as he does whack the occasional aimless ball out for a goal kick.  Not going to add it for Tomiyasu and White, don't think it is merited.

Lokonga - not seen enough of him to determine whether this is a natural tendency or just the role he was playing in the team at the time, where he would naturally collect the ball deep.

Jesus - don't agree with this.  His movement is good, so he will often find such space in the right moment, but I would say his play is more rounded than this to be something he is constantly looking to do.

19 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Tierney - don't think this is warranted, it is just the role he plays for Arsenal.  If he was playing in a back three, or had been instructed to play as a defensive full back, he wouldn't look to constantly get forward.  I don't think the tendency outweighs his level of discipline for playing a requested role, put another way.

Partey and Saliba - probably fair of Partey so I'll add that.  Not really seen enough of Saliba to determine whether this is something he would do in situations where he has been specifically instructed not to.  Similar to the above, this is just the system Arsenal generally play, to play the ball out of defence.

Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel - Gabriel already has this PPM, which was something inherited from his time in France, but I think it's fair enough to keep it as he does whack the occasional aimless ball out for a goal kick.  Not going to add it for Tomiyasu and White, don't think it is merited.

Lokonga - not seen enough of him to determine whether this is a natural tendency or just the role he was playing in the team at the time, where he would naturally collect the ball deep.

Jesus - don't agree with this.  His movement is good, so he will often find such space in the right moment, but I would say his play is more rounded than this to be something he is constantly looking to do.

Thanks for your response. I feel like you have fair enough explanations for all. I do think I'm right especially with Tomiyasu, White and Saliba and hope you see over time too.

I do also think your opinion in regards to Tierney can be said about anyone. Any non selfish disciplined player will play the role their manager tells them to play so everyone would pretty much naturally be trait less if you go with that opinion. I feel when KT is playing in his natural and arguably best position at left back as he has showed at Celtic and Arsenal he loves to get forward whenever possible.

3 hours ago, Ente35 said:

The name of Teddy Rowe(Aston Villa U18) should be changed to Edward Rowe: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/edward-rowe/profil/spieler/731738 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Rowe_(footballer)

The name of Mebude, Dire(Manchester City) should be changed to Mebude, Adedire: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/adedire-mebude/profil/spieler/719672 https://www.mancity.com/players/adedire-mebude

The name of Kodua, Gideon(West Ham United) should be changed to Kadua, Gideon: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/gideon-kadua/profil/spieler/883165 https://www.weltfussball.at/spieler_profil/gideon-kadua/

The name of Ebere Eze(Crystal Palace) should be changed to Eberechi Eze: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/eberechi-eze/profil/spieler/479999 https://www.cpfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/eberechi-eze/

Hi Ente35,

appreciate the comment regarding Teddy Rowe for Villa. His full name is listed in the database, however is known by Teddy Rowe

https://www.avfc.co.uk/teams/u21  

cheers

Has Oliver Skipp's ability/potential been raised as an issue.

Barely played for Spurs in 2022 due to injury and purely losing his place. At 22yo, I think we would know if he was going to turn out as a top PL player by now.

Often seems to end up being bought by top clubs which seems unlikely.

51 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Has Oliver Skipp's ability/potential been raised as an issue.

Barely played for Spurs in 2022 due to injury and purely losing his place. At 22yo, I think we would know if he was going to turn out as a top PL player by now.

Often seems to end up being bought by top clubs which seems unlikely.

His PA was decreased significantly in October, are you using the beta database? 

On 28/12/2022 at 15:01, Dan Ormsby said:

White hits long balls all the time. Especially over the top to Saka. Did the same last season. 78 percentile for switches (balls over 40  yards) and 75 percentile for long balls according to fbref https://fbref.com/en/players/35e413f1/scout/365_m1/Ben-White-Scouting-Report

Saliba - watch Arsenal’s 3rd goal vs Brentford and see what he does in the build up. He always plays his way out of trouble. he even dribbles more than a cb should (Arteta commented the same to carragher in his Monday night football interview) Will almost never look to go long unless absolutely necessary.

agreed on the rest

On 02/01/2023 at 12:05, code-t said:

What his strength in the latest patch? It was 9 in the beta which was obviously correct but not sure what it was changed to

Wolves currently missing most of the clubs new coaching staff all have worked with Julen Lopetequi before and should have eached other as backroom staff.

Daniel Lopetequi - performance anaylist is also julens son

Fran Garagarza - technical advisor 

Borja De Alba Alonso, Oscar Caro - fitness coaches

Edu Rubio - first team coach

Pablo Sanz - assistant head coach

Juan Peinado - assistant head coach

Staff Profiles | Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (wolves.co.uk)

Brighton's Ed Turns is listed as right-footed and right-sided in-game, but he's actually left-footed and left-sided. Not quite sure how best to demonstrate this (maybe the Leyton Orient researcher will confirm it now he's joined them on loan), but he was actually mooted as a potential call-up to the Wales World Cup squad once Rhys Norrington-Davies (also left-sided) got injured.

Orient actually say "left-footed" in their signing article here.

On 02/01/2023 at 12:05, code-t said:

As usual we'll be told it's a combination of everything coming together and not strength specifically.

The boy is strong. Been saying it for what seems like forever now, It should definitely be a good 13/14 at the very least!

A few updates to Aston Villa U18 players date of birth. These one's appear on the Aston Villa app under the squad details;

Sam Lewis - 18/01/06

Dylan Mitchell - 01/10/05

Abube Onuchukwu - 18/12/05

Nile Timson - 22/12/05

The following three I've found on a fan's site but cannot find evidence that these are correct;

Alex Hammond - 12/02/06

Jack McDowell - 09/10/05

Charlie Pavey - 26/03/06

Liverpool has been incredible on all my saves and that don't reflect reality. Even last season they showed big signs of a downward trajectory. Salah has lost alot of pace and power, Arnold looks like an average player almost. 

As for Arsenal, I hope they don't upgrade Ødegaard too much. I've been following him for a long time and he is still afraid of tackles and will not put himself in harms way.  He has a history of injuries and maybe that plays on his mind, but while he works hard and can be aggressive, his bravery stats should be very low in my opinion.

His leadership abilities are more about him being professional and a good boy rather than a good communicator (which is the mark of the best leaders). He is not bad, but he is a bit too quiet.

Also, as someone who works in leadership consulting, the leadership courses in game should cost alot more at higher levels.  

• SI Staff
    1 hour ago, code-t said:

As of January 13th 2023, FIFA switched Arsenal's default formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3.

In FM terms, how would you say this works, just out of interest?  What do you mean by 4-3-3 and what would your solution be?  In FM terms, Saka and Martinelli are definitely wide players, not strikers and Odegaard definitely plays further forward than Partey and Xhaka, with Xhaka playing further forward in general than Partey.  How would you represent this?  The default FM formation 4-3-3 DM Wide or something else?

6 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

In FM terms, how would you say this works, just out of interest?  What do you mean by 4-3-3 and what would your solution be?  In FM terms, Saka and Martinelli are definitely wide players, not strikers and Odegaard definitely plays further forward than Partey and Xhaka, with Xhaka playing further forward in general than Partey.  How would you represent this?  The default FM formation 4-3-3 DM Wide or something else?

Odegaard and Xhaka are both 8s. It’s a 433 dm wide 

On 26/01/2023 at 11:27, Dan Ormsby said:

4-3-3 DM wide, AML/AMR as inverted wingers, striker as a pressing forward.  Personally I'd have Odegaard as an attacking mezzala and Xhaka as a mezzala on support but there's probably a couple ways to handle the midfield.  The complex one is Zinchenko, whose role isn't really replicable within FM; he's like a regista played at left back.

It's tough within the structures of FM's tactics module to get IRL formations right, because it's hard to have a player be a midfielder in attack but press as a forward in defense without using man marking assignments that unbalance the other midfield players.

@Pete Sottrel@Ed Hewison@Dean Gripton

Leeds United Data Issues (Tested on PS5 Console Version):

Edited by LUFC83

Spoiler

Leeds sack Jesse Marsch (head coach), Cameron Toshack (coach), and Rene Maric (assistant manager) and Pierre Barrieu (Fitness coach) - Chris Armas remains as Assistant Manager (for now) and Ewan Sharp remains as Coach (for now)

Paco Gallardo also needs to be added to the Leeds United staff - he is part of the u21 coaching setup 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leedsunited.com/newsmobile/team-news/30998/trio-to-take-charge-of-manchester-united-fixture

@Ed Hewison

Edited by LUFC83

• SI Staff
    On 07/02/2023 at 10:36, LUFC83 said:
      Reveal hidden contents

Leeds sack Jesse Marsch (head coach), Cameron Toshack (coach), and Rene Maric (assistant manager) and Pierre Barrieu (Fitness coach) - Chris Armas remains as Assistant Manager (for now) and Ewan Sharp remains as Coach (for now)

Paco Gallardo also needs to be added to the Leeds United staff - he is part of the u21 coaching setup 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leedsunited.com/newsmobile/team-news/30998/trio-to-take-charge-of-manchester-united-fixture

@Ed Hewison

Cheers! No need to report this stuff, though, as we're on top of this news. 

6 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Cheers! No need to report this stuff, though, as we're on top of this news. 

No problem, it was more bringing your attention to my previous post and I didn't have the Leeds researchers handle :)

On 15/01/2023 at 21:02, tansey said:

A few updates to Aston Villa U18 players date of birth. These one's appear on the Aston Villa app under the squad details;

Sam Lewis - 18/01/06

Dylan Mitchell - 01/10/05

Abube Onuchukwu - 18/12/05

Nile Timson - 22/12/05

The following three I've found on a fan's site but cannot find evidence that these are correct;

Alex Hammond - 12/02/06

Jack McDowell - 09/10/05

Charlie Pavey - 26/03/06

These date of births are still appearing incorrect in the latest database, not sure if I missed the cut off for the last update.

I can't see Raphael Varane's international retirement in-game, but might be that a decision made by the Research Team, i.e. 'future' international retirements don't get added?

• SI Staff
    On 03/03/2023 at 21:07, BluebirdsCCFC said:

I can't see Raphael Varane's international retirement in-game, but might be that a decision made by the Research Team, i.e. 'future' international retirements don't get added?

Thanks @BluebirdsCCFC - apologies, I had missed this; it has now been added to the database.