4-2-3-1 Blitz, a combination of solid defence and attracting football...

This is a 4-2-3-1 (flat 4 defensive line, 2MCs, 3AMCs, 1FC) I developed based on the bands of two framework. I have tested it for three seasons with my Napoli side before accepting an offer form Chelsea and has produced some quite encouraging results. ( Won the Serie A twice, 2008-09 ,2010-11, runner-up 2009-2010, Italian Super Cup 2009-2010, Euro Cup 2009-2010, European Super Cup 2010-2011, Italian Cup 2010-2011.) It's worth mentioning that despite it being a rather attacking formation, my side finished all three seasons with the best defensive record in the league. (38 games, 17,18,19 goals conceded respectively). As for the offensive record, it was 38 games, 66,61,91 goals scored.

I will try to give a few tips regarding the players needed to get the best out of this tactic:

1. It is crucial to have 2 fast CBs in order to push up the defensive line and play the off-side trap effectively. I used Nelson Rivas and Leandro Gioda. The DRC scores a lot from corners, so a tall player with good heading and jumping is needed. I strongly recommend Leandro Gioda, who should be a quality signing for most Premier League sides. (his second nationality is Italian, so no work permit worries)

2.The SBs overlap with the 2 side AMCs and take lots of shots. Again, pace is the key. I was lucky to have Maggio as a right back, eventually replacing him with De Silvestri. My LB was Luigi Vitale, nothing special, but adequate.

3.The holding midfielder (MLC) has no offensive responsibilities, therefore he is heavily focused on defensive duties. Go for a pure DM with high tackling, marking, positioning and work rate attributes like San Lorenzo's Torres or Bolognia's Mudingayi.

4.The MRC has a support role, taking lots of long shots and through balls, without neglecting his defensive duties. There are plenty of quality MCs in England, so I guess you won't be having any problems with this position. I had Walter Gargano filling this role.

5.The 2 side AMCs, play like wingers cutting inside, playmakers and shadow strikers. Flair and a decent finishing are the key attributes here. I used Rosina as AMLC (strongly recommended) and Feghouli as AMRC

6.The AMC has a free role assigned, and is responsible for many of the final passes. He also scores a lot. I retrained Marek Hamsik to play this position and the results were spectacular.

7.The FC is a deep lying forward also assigned in a free role. His role combines the responsibilities of a target man and an advanced play maker. A Striker is NOT suitable, try a FC with a high decisions rating. I used Lavezzi for the first two seasons with mixed results, but when I signed Pandev I saw a 30 goal increase in my offensive record.

8.Finally, I never changed or tweaked my formation for away games, nor I gave any OIs. And apologies for my English, which is rather poor. I am Greek, so be lenient . All feedback is appreciated and welcome!

The formation:

http://w19.easy-share.com/1903083989.html

UPDATE 8/1/09 4-2-3-1 elastic defense

I have come up with a standard version of the 4-2-3-1. The tactic is based on the bands of two framework and is intended for those hard away games or smaller clubs fighting for a mid table position or survival. It is not a defensive, time wasting tactic but a standard one aiming to control possession and utilize fast counterattacks. Same player guidelines apply, with a minor difference. A pacey striker here is a must, in order to take advantage of through balls from the the AMCs when counterattacking.

Think of the 4-2-3-1 Blitz as the attacking version and the 4-2-3-1 elastic defense as the standard version of a tactics set. Looking forward to your feedback!

4-2-3-1 Blitz (attacking)

http://w19.easy-share.com/1903083989.html

4-2-3-1 Elastic defense (standard)

http://w19.easy-share.com/1903181458.html

If you are lucky enough to have a GK with high rating for pace/acceleration/eccentricity/rushing out, then you can use him as a Sweeper Keeper, with the following settings:Forward runs: mixed, Run With Ball: Rarely, Long Shots: Rarely, Through balls/cross balls: mixed, hold up ball: no. This applies for both versions. His passing should be set to mixed. Cheers!

Here's another one for you, based on Wenger's role theory. It's another 4-2-3-1, utilising the wide players (AMR/L) to create chances and maintain pressure in the opponent's half. Check it out:

http://w19.easy-share.com/1903252550.html

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this formation. I tried on the last 2 versions of FM to make a successful tactic with this formation but never could manage.

I'm playing as Sampdoria and have been using Cassano in a lone striker position with a lot of success. Where would you play him in your tactic? You mentioned Lavezzi didn't work out in your striker position and he is very similar to Cassano.

Let me know what you think.

I love this formation. I tried on the last 2 versions of FM to make a successful tactic with this formation but never could manage.

I'm playing as Sampdoria and have been using Cassano in a lone striker position with a lot of success. Where would you play him in your tactic? You mentioned Lavezzi didn't work out in your striker position and he is very similar to Cassano.

Let me know what you think.

If I were you, I would give Cassano the AMC role, just behind the FC in order to allow him the creative freedom to pass and shoot at will. He is a much better player than Lavezzi, trust me mate! And a piece of advice if I may: Don't neglect Salvatore Foti and Fiorillo, with the right guidance they can become excellent players...

Iv given it a go, im Man City so obviosly signed a load of new players. Team is...

GK - Hart

DR - Zabaleta

DL - Taiwo

DC - Dunne/Kompany

DC - Richards

DM - Palombo/Veloso

MC - Fernandinho

AM - Arshavin

AM - Riquelme/Elano

AM - Fernandez

FC - Robinho

It's going better than usual but the game is still doing my head in. Can't hold on to a lead what do you recommend?

another thing, the AMRC and AMLC both perform poorly. Arshavin/Alex/Fernandez/Elano/ i know they're good players so??

That's a great team you got there mate! Here are a few tips (this is my humble opionion nothing more than that)

1.Your GK is rather average, compared to the rest of your squad.

2.If I were you, I would play Veloso as MLC and Palombo as MRC. Fernandinho is defensively inadequate .

3. You said it, you have signed lots of new players...I think you will be getting lots of negative feedback from your Ass.Manager. Give the lads some time.... And something else: perhaps you get poor ratings from your AMRC/AMLC because of their inability to convert their chances into goals. Please post a reply with your results, that would be interesting... Thanks!

4. Damn, you should have signed Udinese's Zapata. Perhaps the best DC in the game...

Are you dominating possession? Do you always create more chances than your opponents? If yes, I believe that once your players blend, you will be just fine! :D

1. Very true (I was only given 73million I couldn't fill every position!)

2. Nice 1, I'll try it out (There's also Ireland and Johnsen who could play their?)

3. Again true. I'v started switching the AM's and it's working much better now

4. Zapata was already top of my list! Now longside Lloris (The GK).

Cheers for the help with your tactic buddy I'll let you know how it goes

used your tactic ,with portsmouth for 25 games and had mixed results i found its awesome in defence but not consistant up front enuff,as ive moved on to a leeds save,and using matts set with leeds,ill start another game this week with a team that suits the tactic better and ill let u know when i start,cheers

used your tactic ,with portsmouth for 25 games and had mixed results i found its awesome in defence but not consistant up front enuff,as ive moved on to a leeds save,and using matts set with leeds,ill start another game this week with a team that suits the tactic better and ill let u know when i start,cheers

I am sorry it didn't work for you...Thanks for the feedback!

Korr

Do You know any teams what used this formation in real life?

I think that almost every team that choose not to follow the 4-4-2 (which is obsolete if you ask me), play something like this: flat 4 def. line, 2 Defensive midfielders, 3 attacking midfielders and a striker. I believe that Irrureta and Mourinho made this formation "mainstream".

Right now, almost every team in Spain play like this, a lot of Italian Serie A teams like Roma, Catania and Juventus e.t.c. To Summarise, I believe that the classic 4-4-2 is the formation of choice in Britain only. Most of the other European managers prefer formations with a lone striker and two pure defensive midfielders, because they believe that 2 strikers is a luxury they can't afford and a single DM is not enough.

Of course in real life, football tactics are much more flexible than in FM and this is just my opinion. I am a dedicated fan, not a master tactician. But why do you ask?

I am using one of Knaps tactics that is amazing at home but terrible away so i will give your tactic a go for my next few away games ill let u know how i get on

Any luck with your away games?

Korr,

Does this tactic use any assigned Playmakers of Target men?

Am interested in using this as I'm tired of 442's!

Would be interested to find out more...

Mike

No Mike, no play maker or target man. But both the AMC and FC have free roles. This tactic's main strengths' are that your side will rarely be overrun, even by more illustrious opponents and it is a 4-4-2 "killer". It can also produce some expressive football and diversity regarding your scorers. (I usually had 4-5 players per season with over 10+ goals each). It's main weakness lies in this "diversity": There will be games when you will dominate, have at least 15-20 shots (about 6-7 c.c. chances), yet manage to lose because of a counterattack. Anyway, this is not some tactical panacea, just a simple creation that worked well for me. I hope it does the same for you, cheers!

Korr,

Thanks for your time.

The right sided MC - what type of player should he be? I'm starting a game as Everton and Fellaini seems to be perfect for there? Is that correct?

Would you say Yakubu is suitable for the FC role...?

No problem Mike, I really enjoy discussions about tactics!

I am not an EPL expert, but I think that Fellaini would be my "Makele" type MC and I would play him as MLC. I would place Arteta next to him (MRC) for three reasons:

1. Fellaini is your best DM and your only player who can mark effectively in the midfield.

2.Arteta is creative and prone to abandoning his position in order to run with the ball down left and right. That can't be good for a holding midfielder... (Check his prefered moves)

3.If Arteta doesn't play as MC then he won't fit in this tactic, because he is not effective as AMC.

As for Yakubu, he is an excellent striker, but not suitable for a free role (Only FCs can play as free roles) . You have the option to untick the free role instruction, but you won't get the best out of your AMCs, or you can sell him and go for the "Keirisson" type FC.

If I were you I would sell Saha too, he is injury prone... If there anything else you want to ask, don't hesitate!

No problem Mike, I really enjoy discussions about tactics!

I am not an EPL expert, but I think that Fellaini would be my "Makele" type MC and I would play him as MLC. I would place Arteta next to him (MRC) for three reasons:

1. Fellaini is your best DM and your only player who can mark effectively in the midfield.

2.Arteta is creative and prone to abandoning his position in order to run with the ball down left and right. That can't be good for a holding midfielder... (Check his prefered moves)

3.If Arteta doesn't play as MC then he won't fit in this tactic, because he is not effective as AMC.

As for Yakubu, he is an excellent striker, but not suitable for a free role (Only FCs can play as free roles) . You have the option to untick the free role instruction, but you won't get the best out of your AMCs, or you can sell him and go for the "Keirisson" type FC.

If I were you I would sell Saha too, he is injury prone... If there anything else you want to ask, don't hesitate!

Again - thankyou!

I'm just trying to get a feel for the players to use - I don't want to come back and say it hasn't worked... the biggest thing to make a tactic work is it's players - and if they don't fit then its not a good start!

I don't think Everton are suitable as you only get 1 million, and not enough room to move players in/out to get the appropriate ones. I need to look and pick a team in the EPL thats a challenge, but not one of the big 4.

To help me, and maybe others - it would be beneficial if you lited the 3 key attributes for the following positions:

MC(L)

MC®

AMC(l)

AMC

AMC®

FC

I understand I need to have speedy CB's.

This will then help me understand what is required when looking at a club, and also players to bring in.

Hope that makes sense - and again, thanks for your time - it is appreciated!

Again - thankyou!

I'm just trying to get a feel for the players to use - I don't want to come back and say it hasn't worked... the biggest thing to make a tactic work is it's players - and if they don't fit then its not a good start!

I don't think Everton are suitable as you only get 1 million, and not enough room to move players in/out to get the appropriate ones. I need to look and pick a team in the EPL thats a challenge, but not one of the big 4.

To help me, and maybe others - it would be beneficial if you lited the 3 key attributes for the following positions:

MC(L)

MC®

AMC(l)

AMC

AMC®

FC

I understand I need to have speedy CB's.

This will then help me understand what is required when looking at a club, and also players to bring in.

Hope that makes sense - and again, thanks for your time - it is appreciated!

Your last post proved to be quite an inspiration for me, as I started a new game with Everton :D. I believe that with a few signings The Toffees (correct?) are great for this tactic. I will try to describe the key attributes for these positions and provide an affordable player for each position as example.

MLC:Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Work Rate, Strength. (Juan Manuel Torres, Mudingayi)

MRC; Marking, Positioning, Passing, Teamwork, Stamina, (Tomislav Dujmovic, Roberto Guana)

AMRC/AMLC Pace, Acceleration, Technique, Flair, Dribbling (Rosina, Buonanotte)

AMC First Touch, Technique, Creativity, Flair, Decisions (D'Alessandro, Pienaar)

FC Technique, Creativity, Long Shots, Strength, First Touch (Jaja, plays for Metalist, Humberto Suazo)

If you are interested, these are my first eleven with Everton. The "?" stands for the potential signings

GK.Howard

DR.Neville

DL.Nuno Valente

DC.Yobo

DC.Jagielka/Lescott

MRC.Arteta

MLC.Fellaini

AMRC.Osman

AMC.Cahill

AMLC.Pienaar

FC? (keirisson? Falcao?)

Another thought would be to use Neville as MLC, Fellaini as MRC and Hibbert/Jagielka as DR. Cheers!

Thanks for that - your a hero!

I'll give your tactic the testing it deserves and let you know.

Think I'll try one with Newcastle - you can easily shift out Owen, Xisco & Martins to make excellent funds which can be used to bulk up the squad.

I'll re-post on this thread to let you know how things go... let me know how things go with Everton!

Just out of interest - where did you get your ideas to develop the tactic? Was it a case of reading through the tactic bibles etc?

Thanks for that - your a hero!

I'll give your tactic the testing it deserves and let you know.

Think I'll try one with Newcastle - you can easily shift out Owen, Xisco & Martins to make excellent funds which can be used to bulk up the squad.

I'll re-post on this thread to let you know how things go... let me know how things go with Everton!

Just out of interest - where did you get your ideas to develop the tactic? Was it a case of reading through the tactic bibles etc?

Thanks mate, looking forward to your feedback!

I developed this tactic because I wanted to get away from what I call "the 4-4-2 syndrome", attempting to produce creative football without sacrificing defensive sturdiness. It is a product of thorough study and analysis of the TTF'09 and my own FM experience (which I can assure you is LONG). I had a clear vision of what I wanted to do, and used the TTF to translate it into an FM tactic.

Thanks for a great conversation, Good luck with Newcastle!

I've been considering starting a Liverpool-game, and been looking for a solid 4-2-3-1 base tactic. This one looks quite interesting, but I'm a bit worried about not using a striker on the forward position - I'm a big fan of Torres, so I'd rather use him than sell him. Would you say Torres is able to handle that position?

I've been considering starting a Liverpool-game, and been looking for a solid 4-2-3-1 base tactic. This one looks quite interesting, but I'm a bit worried about not using a striker on the forward position - I'm a big fan of Torres, so I'd rather use him than sell him. Would you say Torres is able to handle that position?

To be honest, I have never had a player of this quality at my disposal, but I think he 'll manage:) If he underperforms, untick the free role instruction. Good luck, your feedback would be appreciated!

To be honest, I have never had a player of this quality at my disposal, but I think he 'll manage:) If he underperforms, untick the free role instruction. Good luck, your feedback would be appreciated!

I'll give ye feedback. It might be a bit tho, got a great game running with my local team that takes up most of my free time. I might give Liverpool a go next week tho, if only to get away from "wants to move to a bigger club" all the time :p

I want to tell korr this: Na pas nagamitheis mate. Skatoflora tactempora tis psolis

ha ha ha argises pantoflolagne eisodimatia, se perimena pio grigora 320 tempo re pousti dwse a, nai thanks for your feedback skatopousta.:thup: den exei to messaio daxtylo h malakia kai auto mou kanei na to valeis ston pato sou

tried this tactic with my newcastle side in its second season working fairly well barring a few blips (a league cup match away to blackburn where i went 3-0 down and had to come back to win 5-4 after extra time and lost 3-0 away to f.c bayern in champions league) but had some great results including a 6-0 drubbing of west ham

tried this tactic with my newcastle side in its second season working fairly well barring a few blips (a league cup match away to blackburn where i went 3-0 down and had to come back to win 5-4 after extra time and lost 3-0 away to f.c bayern in champions league) but had some great results including a 6-0 drubbing of west ham

Could you post your line-up? thanks!

Update - Used the tactic with tottenham in my second season finished 5th in the prem and semi's in the Uefa Cup! Scored 67 Con 45 in the prem, not bad! Michael Owen who is a FC only scored 10 in the league, I expected more! Also, the tactic is great at home, but away its only good against weaker teams forget abt the top 4, who beat 2-0 or 3-0 i.e Man U.

Do you change your tactic away from Home?

Have you tried your tactic in EPL?

Why dont you have your wingers on the flanks rather than the middle?

Thanks

Update - Used the tactic with tottenham in my second season finished 5th in the prem and semi's in the Uefa Cup! Scored 67 Con 45 in the prem, not bad! Michael Owen who is a FC only scored 10 in the league, I expected more! Also, the tactic is great at home, but away its only good against weaker teams forget abt the top 4, who beat 2-0 or 3-0 i.e Man U.

Do you change your tactic away from Home?

Have you tried your tactic in EPL?

Why dont you have your wingers on the flanks rather than the middle?

Thanks

Hey Amer,

Thanks for trying my tactic! I have never signed Owen,but I would have expected more from him too...I used Lavezzi as FC for 2 seasons and my Napoli side scored roughly the same as yours. After I replaced him with Pandev though, I saw a 30 goals increase (91)...If Owen can't convert his chances into goals,then it's not a matter of tactics and you should try to replace him. This is the combination that worked great for me:Technique, Creativity, Long Shots, Strength, First Touch. What's Owen's rating for these attributes? And what about your CBs? What is their pace/acceleration?

As for your questions:

1. No, never!

2.Yes, third season with Chelsea, 1st after 25 games, hammered Arsenal (dominated the EPL and C.League in my game) and Man Utd away 2-0. By the way, I had to sell Terry (unfortunately) because he was slow...once I replaced him with Zapata, my defense became much more solid...

3.Because it makes the tactic more solid, gives more passing options to the MCs and it is easier to break the 4-4-2 zone through the center with 3 AMCs.

Please post your line up, I may be able to give you a tip or 2.

Korr

Quick question - what setup have you got for the corners?

I'm doing some reading on the forums about corners - and wondered if it might be an idea implementing them on your tactic?

That's a nice one Mike! I have my DRC challenging the keeper and corners placed in the 6 yard box. I score a lot this way, but if there is a better setup, go ahead! Just post the instructions if your setup is successful:)

damn korr your english is better than mine

i play a system similar in my game with montenegro. i dont know if my DCs are fast enough

but i will try it

EDIT:will the tactic suck if i bring down the Dline

Thanks mate!

How fast are your CBs? The league in Montenegro should have a lower standard than the EPL, so a pace/acceleration of 13-14 should be just fine!

As for your d.line question, I don't have a clue...It might be a good idea not to tick the off-side trap instruction if you are planning to lower your defensive line...your feedback would be much appreciated!

Heres the lineup i used for that match

GK Given DR Ferrira DL Eduardo DC Colocinni DC Taylor Holding MC Guthrie MC Skjelberd AMC's Donovan Van Der Vaart N'Zogbia ST Martins.

I've slightly modified the tactic putting two the amc to amr and aml and its still winning me matchs but i have a severe problem with the disipline side with it Colocinni was sent off almost for every match he played for a while (so much fines i don't know if he's had any wages in a while)

Heres the lineup i used for that match

GK Given DR Ferrira DL Eduardo DC Colocinni DC Taylor Holding MC Guthrie MC Skjelberd AMC's Donovan Van Der Vaart N'Zogbia ST Martins.

I've slightly modified the tactic putting two the amc to amr and aml and its still winning me matchs but i have a severe problem with the disipline side with it Colocinni was sent off almost for every match he played for a while (so much fines i don't know if he's had any wages in a while)

Thanks for the reply Jdckelly!

To be honest, I am surprised you are winning any matches at all...Your backline is too slow -especially Taylor- and your MCs are not suitable for the job (not enough marking/tackling/positioning). Coloccini suffers from the "dirtiness" problem and combined with the hard tackling, all those red cards are a very predictable outcome...But if you look at the bright side of things, it's good for your finances!:) Keep me posted, I would appreciate if you informed me on your season results.

Cheers!

Could you post your line-up? thanks!
Thanks for the reply Jdckelly!

To be honest, I am surprised you are winning any matches at all...Your backline is too slow -especially Taylor- and your MCs are not suitable for the job (not enough marking/tackling/positioning). Coloccini suffers from the "dirtiness" problem and combined with the hard tackling, all those red cards are a very predictable outcome...But if you look at the bright side of things, it's good for your finances!:) Keep me posted, I would appreciate if you informed me on your season results.

Cheers!

Well as it stands i'm second in the league and qualified for the next round of champions league. Taylor has turned into a good centre half for me and is attracting intrest from plenty of large clubs. I'm selling on colo because the red cards are getting a bit much and he wants to move on to a bigger club (never mind i'm in the hunt for the title and doing well in league cup and champions league). Eduardo is a good defender (who can play in quite a few positions) and he has a high pace rating 16. oh and guthrie isn't normally there but my first choice holding player was injured then my normal holding mid is Migliaccio and he's excellent (and i got him cheap only 2.2 million off palermo)

Hi Korr thanks for getting back! Just a quick question what training do you use! Is it worth trying to have 2 DM in the middle rather than 1!

This is my spurs team at the moment

gomes

rafinha t.silva corluka kolarov

defour veloso (DM)

dos santos modric neves

yakubu

let me know what you think

This seems interesting.

The tactic that I'm using just now is the most inconsistent tactic I've ever used(Lost 1-0 at home to an inferior team, then won 1-0 away to a superior team), so I'm going to give this a try.

Question: Do you use any training schedules? If so, which one? I use DarkStarr's, just wondering what you think of it for accompanying this tactic.

Also, You signed Pandev, but he doesn't seem that impressive. Has he improved after the first 2 seasons? Or will he still be effective if I buy him within the week?

Thanks. Just looking for some insight. =) I'll post feedback after I've used this tactic for a few months...

Well as it stands i'm second in the league and qualified for the next round of champions league. Taylor has turned into a good centre half for me and is attracting intrest from plenty of large clubs. I'm selling on colo because the red cards are getting a bit much and he wants to move on to a bigger club (never mind i'm in the hunt for the title and doing well in league cup and champions league). Eduardo is a good defender (who can play in quite a few positions) and he has a high pace rating 16. oh and guthrie isn't normally there but my first choice holding player was injured then my normal holding mid is Migliaccio and he's excellent (and i got him cheap only 2.2 million off palermo)

Not bad at all...This interest for Taylor...Good for him! Don't waste your chance to make some money out of him:) And try to buy Zapata, he is a quality signing and above all loyal and professional. I know Eduardo (ex-Botafogo right?) , he is a good player but I am not sure if he is good enough for the EPL . And I definitely agree about Migliaccio, he is perfect for the job.

Hi Korr thanks for getting back! Just a quick question what training do you use! Is it worth trying to have 2 DM in the middle rather than 1!

This is my spurs team at the moment

gomes

rafinha t.silva corluka kolarov

defour veloso (DM)

dos santos modric neves

yakubu

let me know what you think

Hi Amer,

I have recently created my own training schedules, based on this tactic. If they prove efficient I will post them here.

As for you team:

1.Your GK and defensive line are great

2.Defour can't mark or tackle effectively and that can be be crucial, especially versus the top 4...

3.Modric is quality but he tends to run down the left, thus abandoning his position...If I were you I would play him as AMLC

4.How about Yakubu, is he doing well?

And about your DM question, the answer would be yes...Since you employ 3 AMCs the 2 MCs perform key defensive duties. Velloso is perfect for the MRC position, being creative with good long shots and an excellent DM at the same time. Your MLC doesn't have to be creative, instead focus on his marking/tackling/positioning/workrate/strength.

Will give this a try and keep you posted on my results.

Thanks mate!

will try this as well, looks sound!

It's far for perfect, but it works for me. Keep me posted on your results and if any questions arise, just shoot!

Could anyone upload the tactic other site?

THx in advance!!!

http://w1.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1231193063

Hope this link works Kornel!

I have started experimenting with my Everton side in order to perfect the crossing and set pieces instructions. If it goes well I will post an improved version soon.

This seems interesting.

The tactic that I'm using just now is the most inconsistent tactic I've ever used(Lost 1-0 at home to an inferior team, then won 1-0 away to a superior team), so I'm going to give this a try.

Question: Do you use any training schedules? If so, which one? I use DarkStarr's, just wondering what you think of it for accompanying this tactic.

Also, You signed Pandev, but he doesn't seem that impressive. Has he improved after the first 2 seasons? Or will he still be effective if I buy him within the week?

Thanks. Just looking for some insight. =) I'll post feedback after I've used this tactic for a few months...

Hi JDownie,

Thanks for trying my tactic!

I have created my own training schedule for the 4-2-3-1 formation (DC, SB, MC, AM, FC)

If it doesn't ruin my players' carriers I will post it here lol I havn't used DarkStarr's schedules so I don't have an opinion...

As for Pandev, trust me, he is a definite purchase. He is ready for top level football and after a season or two he becomes a "world class forward". I strongly recommend him. He and Zapata are the best and more consistent players I have ever signed.... Good luck mate!

Thanks.

I tend to always work in England, so I've decided to move to Italy. I'm going to try Napoli. ;D

The team isn't that big, so it will be difficult. But I've told the board I'm looking for European Competition, which is 7th(I think), which I think that I can get. =)

They're also poorer than I thought. I've tried to buy one of the CMs, and I have a bid for Rosina. If I get these two, I'll try and use the remainder for a CB.

Also, which GK did you use?

I've placed a bid for Vincent Enyeama, but it looks like Juventus are going to beat me to it...

Archived