4-2-3-1 Blitz, a combination of solid defence and attracting football...

Hey Ace,

I think you 've got a great team there. My only suggestion is that you try to sign a more all-around MRC, as kroos is too attack minded for the position. With a squad like that, you will dominate. (propably) Keep me posted!

Thanks Korr. I'm not sure at this time whether I'll be trying your tactics right away or in my next season, because I'm currently in the middle of another one. I did see you recommendations regarding Zapata, I think I'm going to try to sign him in the summer. You're also right about Kroos. He's actually more of an AMC, but I'm not sure exactly how well he'll actually play in this tactic. He's not very fast, plus his dribbling and technique are pretty good, but not great. I may have a chance to sign Fellaini, perhaps him and Diarra would be good in midfield, what do you think? I also found this guy (screen shot below), he should be a great MCL.

zuculinisd6.jpg

One more question. I noticed you have a defensive tactic too. Do you use this only when playing against top teams?

Sorry, and one more question :) I did not see anywhere that you mentioned about using tweaks. Do you just play the tactic without tweaking anything during matches?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Korr. I'm not sure at this time whether I'll be trying your tactics right away or in my next season, because I'm currently in the middle of another one. I did see you recommendations regarding Zapata, I think I'm going to try to sign him in the summer. You're also right about Kroos. He's actually more of an AMC, but I'm not sure exactly how well he'll actually play in this tactic. He's not very fast, plus his dribbling and technique are pretty good, but not great. I may have a chance to sign Fellaini, perhaps him and Diarra would be good in midfield, what do you think? I also found this guy (screen shot below), he should be a great MCL.

zuculinisd6.jpg

One more question. I noticed you have a defensive tactic too. Do you use this only when playing against top teams?

Sorry, and one more question :) I did not see anywhere that you mentioned about using tweaks. Do you just play the tactic without tweaking anything during matches?

Hey Ace,

I ll get straight to your questions:

1.Zapata and Chiellini are THE BEST DC (my humble opinion) in the game, simple as that.

2.Kroos would fit the AMC role. He is an investment. What he lacks in pace he makes up in quality

3.Zuculini (The Italian and Argentinian markets are my specialty) is a good prospect, nothing more than that. At this level you should look for top players, much better than the likes of Zuculini or Fellaini. See if you can sign sign Cambiasso, Mascherano, Lassana Diarra. e.t.c Another decent prospect would be Inter's Bolzoni. But if you still have Toulalan, he is great as well.

4.The other variation is rather standard than defensive. I don't think that you would use it with your Lyon side, but it might be good for difficult C. League games.

5.No tweaks, no O.I, never!

Hi Korr,

I've just started a network game with two friends (I'm Man Utd, they are Liverpool and Arsenal) and I was using my own variant on a 4-2-3-1 based on wwfan's TTAF09. However, while it was playing some good football and looking good it was too inconsistent. Stumbling across this thread tonight I think I'll give your Blitz tactic a shot and let you know how I get along. The transfer window has just closed (we let the game run "on holiday" with no transfer budgets allowed and managers added until January 1st 2009 and then installed ourselves into the game.)

My squad stands as such (first choice / backup):

GK: Ben Foster / Edwin van der Sar

RB: Dario Srna / Gary Neville

LB: Patrice Evra / Juan Manuel Vargas

CB: Rio Ferdinand / Nemanja Vidic

CB: Wes Brown / Johnny Evans

(Spare: John O'Shea - DRLC)

MCR: Michael Carrick / Park Ji Sung

MCL: Owen Hargreaves / Darren Fletcher

AMCR: Cristiano Ronaldo / Matias Fernandez

AMC: Anderson / Paul Scholes

AMCL: Nani / Ryan Giggs

(Spare: Zoran Tosic - AMRLC)

FC: Wayne Rooney / Dimitar Berbatov

(Spare: Carlos Tevez - FC)

I'm very happy with the squad number at 25 (always like that for a team that is in European competition) and even before stumbling into this thread I was planning on bringing Zapata in to partner Ferdinand over the summer (didn't get enough money this time around). Like you, I want my centre-halves to be quick to cover easily and with Ferdinand and Brown at 17/17 and 15/15 respectively I'm quite happy with this for now. Vidic, O'Shea and Evans will be moved on in the summer to be replaced by quick defenders and I assume Rafael will transition in for Neville as backup RB to Srna.

So that is what I have as my squad after matching the players to your suggested tactics. I'm personally very happy with the starting XI as it contains 6 English players (the whole core of the team is English - GK, 2 CB, 2 CM, 1 FC) and everything matches closely with your recommended attributes, as well as the oldest player being 30 (Rio Ferdinand) and a good mix of ages throughout and the pace throughout being exceptional (excluding Carrick who has 13/13).

I am using this tactic in conjunction with Darkstarr's Training and will keep you informed as to how things go as best I can!

In network games I find you don't have as much time to tweak training/tactics as much as you'd like, which is why I'm trying to simply use other people's for now. Usually I would do everything myself!

My first question is this: is it recommended to leave all player instructions as they are first of all? I usually like to set everything up as far as corners/free-kicks/throw-ins go, but will be happy to bow to your judgement if you think everything is fine as it is!

Thanks for putting your time into this,

Rich.

Hey Ace,

I ll get straight to your questions:

1.Zapata and Chiellini are THE BEST DC (my humble opinion) in the game, simple as that.

I doubt Chiellini would want to come to Lyon as I'm in a league with lower reputation, but I know Zapata would. I'm planning on getting him in the summer.

2.Kroos would fit the AMC role. He is an investment. What he lacks in pace he makes up in quality

I'll see how he develops. I can always sell him if it ever comes to that.

3.Zuculini (The Italian and Argentinian markets are my specialty) is a good prospect, nothing more than that. At this level you should look for top players, much better than the likes of Zuculini or Fellaini. See if you can sign sign Cambiasso, Mascherano, Lassana Diarra. e.t.c Another decent prospect would be Inter's Bolzoni. But if you still have Toulalan, he is great as well.

Zuculini is a wonderkid, so I'm pretty sure he turns out to be world class or at least very close. Plus I just compared Bolzoni to Zuculini, and Zuculini is better even though he's younger. Have you ever used Bolzoni?

Also why not Fellaini?

I don't have Toulalan anymore. I sold him back when I first started my career. Already have Lassana Diarra.

4.The other variation is rather standard than defensive. I don't think that you would use it with your Lyon side, but it might be good for difficult C. League games.

5.No tweaks, no O.I, never!

Korr

I have to say this tactic is awesome especially with some of the better players in the game in it.

My First choice squad looks like this at the moment

GK - Van Der Sar

RB - Gary Neville

LB - Patrice Evra

CB's - Ferdinand and Vidic

MCR - Darren Fletcher

MCL - Owen Hargreaves

AMCR - Rooney

AMC - Goran Pandev

AMCL - Anderson

FC - Tevez

This sqaud are scoring me a load of goals. I've scored 7 in the last two games 3 against arsenal and 4 against west ham.

The only reason Ronaldo isn't i the squad is that he's been out injured for 2-3 months and is due back in a few week so anderson will go back to the bench.

awesome tactic man

Thanks

Hi Korr,

I've just started a network game with two friends (I'm Man Utd, they are Liverpool and Arsenal) and I was using my own variant on a 4-2-3-1 based on wwfan's TTAF09. However, while it was playing some good football and looking good it was too inconsistent. Stumbling across this thread tonight I think I'll give your Blitz tactic a shot and let you know how I get along. The transfer window has just closed (we let the game run "on holiday" with no transfer budgets allowed and managers added until January 1st 2009 and then installed ourselves into the game.)

My squad stands as such (first choice / backup):

GK: Ben Foster / Edwin van der Sar

RB: Dario Srna / Gary Neville

LB: Patrice Evra / Juan Manuel Vargas

CB: Rio Ferdinand / Nemanja Vidic

CB: Wes Brown / Johnny Evans

(Spare: John O'Shea - DRLC)

MCR: Michael Carrick / Park Ji Sung

MCL: Owen Hargreaves / Darren Fletcher

AMCR: Cristiano Ronaldo / Matias Fernandez

AMC: Anderson / Paul Scholes

AMCL: Nani / Ryan Giggs

(Spare: Zoran Tosic - AMRLC)

FC: Wayne Rooney / Dimitar Berbatov

(Spare: Carlos Tevez - FC)

I'm very happy with the squad number at 25 (always like that for a team that is in European competition) and even before stumbling into this thread I was planning on bringing Zapata in to partner Ferdinand over the summer (didn't get enough money this time around). Like you, I want my centre-halves to be quick to cover easily and with Ferdinand and Brown at 17/17 and 15/15 respectively I'm quite happy with this for now. Vidic, O'Shea and Evans will be moved on in the summer to be replaced by quick defenders and I assume Rafael will transition in for Neville as backup RB to Srna.

So that is what I have as my squad after matching the players to your suggested tactics. I'm personally very happy with the starting XI as it contains 6 English players (the whole core of the team is English - GK, 2 CB, 2 CM, 1 FC) and everything matches closely with your recommended attributes, as well as the oldest player being 30 (Rio Ferdinand) and a good mix of ages throughout and the pace throughout being exceptional (excluding Carrick who has 13/13).

I am using this tactic in conjunction with Darkstarr's Training and will keep you informed as to how things go as best I can!

In network games I find you don't have as much time to tweak training/tactics as much as you'd like, which is why I'm trying to simply use other people's for now. Usually I would do everything myself!

My first question is this: is it recommended to leave all player instructions as they are first of all? I usually like to set everything up as far as corners/free-kicks/throw-ins go, but will be happy to bow to your judgement if you think everything is fine as it is!

Thanks for putting your time into this,

Rich.

Hey Rich,

Great game you 've set up there! (My friends never care to manage a team outside the mediocre Greek league....)

I would recommend you left all player positional instructions as they are, they work fine (at least for me and and a couple of other guys in this thread). The only thing I would suggest is to experiment with your fc's settings by turning his f.runs/ r.with the ball/ cross ball to often. MrWhibbs, who tried the tactic with Man Utd said that these instructions worked wonders for him. As for the set pieces instructions, you may tweak them as you please. If you come up with a nice set up, please post it here! (I've already set corners to the 6 yard box and the DRC challenging the keeper, but that's pretty much it.) If you want to ask anything else, please go ahead.

Good luck with Man Utd, I believe you own your poor opponents. Keep me posted!

Cheers,

George

I doubt Chiellini would want to come to Lyon as I'm in a league with lower reputation, but I know Zapata would. I'm planning on getting him in the summer.

I'll see how he develops. I can always sell him if it ever comes to that.

Zuculini is a wonderkid, so I'm pretty sure he turns out to be world class or at least very close. Plus I just compared Bolzoni to Zuculini, and Zuculini is better even though he's younger. Have you ever used Bolzoni?

Also why not Fellaini?

I don't have Toulalan anymore. I sold him back when I first started my career. Already have Lassana Diarra.

Yeah, Chiellini would only leave Juve to join the "big clubs". As for Zuculini, this "wonderkid" thingy works based on reputation. Do you know Feghouli? If you had bought him from Grenoble he would have been a wonderkid after a season. But if he stays with his current team, he will never become one, because of his club's low reputation. I had signed Bolzoni for my Napoli side, just before joining Chelsea. He had 4-5 international caps by that time. (third season). Fellainy is slow, his low acceleration would be evident when he tried to tackle a pacey AMC or winger. Further more it would leave your defense exposed to counterattacks due to his inability to intercept the through balls. And last but not least, his tackling/marking are too low for this level. But that's just my opinion, I may well be wrong.

Korr

I have to say this tactic is awesome especially with some of the better players in the game in it.

My First choice squad looks like this at the moment

GK - Van Der Sar

RB - Gary Neville

LB - Patrice Evra

CB's - Ferdinand and Vidic

MCR - Darren Fletcher

MCL - Owen Hargreaves

AMCR - Rooney

AMC - Goran Pandev

AMCL - Anderson

FC - Tevez

This sqaud are scoring me a load of goals. I've scored 7 in the last two games 3 against arsenal and 4 against west ham.

The only reason Ronaldo isn't i the squad is that he's been out injured for 2-3 months and is due back in a few week so anderson will go back to the bench.

awesome tactic man

Thanks

Thanks man, I am happy to know that I have helped! Your feedback is appreciated...

Yeah, Chiellini would only leave Juve to join the "big clubs". As for Zuculini, this "wonderkid" thingy works based on reputation. Do you know Feghouli? If you had bought him from Grenoble he would have been a wonderkid after a season. But if he stays with his current team, he will never become one, because of his club's low reputation. I had signed Bolzoni for my Napoli side, just before joining Chelsea. He had 4-5 international caps by that time. (third season). Fellainy is slow, his low acceleration would be evident when he tried to tackle a pacey AMC or winger. Further more it would leave your defense exposed to counterattacks due to his inability to intercept the through balls. And last but not least, his tackling/marking are too low for this level. But that's just my opinion, I may well be wrong.

I do have Feghouli actually. He's loaned out at the moment to Parma to get some playing experience, but you're right he did become a wonderkid after a few months at my club.

Bolzoni doesn't look very fast either, if speed is what you're after. Zuculini on the other hand is very quick.

I do have Feghouli actually. He's loaned out at the moment to Parma to get some playing experience, but you're right he did become a wonderkid after a few months at my club.

Bolzoni doesn't look very fast either, if speed is what you're after. Zuculini on the other hand is very quick.

Great conversation! Both are great players, I don't think that either of them will have a negative impact on your team's performance. I generally prefer Italians to Argentinians because they usually are more consistent, professional and less red card prone (very important if you play with hard tackling). And Bolzoni's 14/14 is obviously better than Fellaini's 9/13. But it's all a matter of taste in the end:)

Great conversation! Both are great players, I don't think that either of them will have a negative impact on your team's performance. I generally prefer Italians to Argentinians because they usually are more consistent, professional and less red card prone (very important if you play with hard tackling). And Bolzoni's 14/14 is obviously better than Fellaini's 9/13. But it's all a matter of taste in the end:)

Great conversation indeed :)

In my game their physical stats are a bit different:

Fellaini: 11/14 (most likely will stay the same)

Zuculini: 16/16 (will probably increase a little with age)

Bolzoni: 13/12 (will probably increase as well)

So, looks like Fellaini is the slower one, plus his stats will most likely stay the same as Zuculini and Bolzoni will probably improve in theirs and become faster. The other little thing I've noticed is that all my scouts recommend Zuculini more than Bolzoni, in fact they give Zuculini 5 stars and Bolzoni 4.

What do you think of the following: Rafael Carioca, Nuri Sahin, Ignacio Comacho?

PS - It looks like I can have a very good chance of getting Giovanni dos Santos. For some reason Tottenham doesn't really play him and he wants to leave them.

Ace great team without a doubt one flaw is sakho is not ready for that league yet so you may find when he comes across great rw/rm he will be poor, other then that you have a great team, can i recommend two signings if its ok, i tested the team at work brought in them players had a good result after ten games, but i brought in keirisson (sorry if i spelt that wrong) and also moutinho from sporting and they can add so much into a team both young both under 10 mil, bargin if you can get ker under 5 :)...

And Korr, i have been using your TWO tactics now, found out something impressive with both tactics, when playing away to your west brom's, stoke, etc.. (the poorer teams) use the attacking, but when playing the bigger teams, chelsea man utd arsenal etc.. use the defensive at home and in contenental cups ie champions league uefa etc, and it works brilliant, and to what you said to the FW on my comment yeah everything .. forward runs/run with the ball/ l. shots, through balls, cross ball all that on maximum with a pacey forward or striker and your in thier :)... (plus can someone tell me how to quote certain bits in messages cause im getting annoued keep looking up and down lol!

Great conversation indeed :)

In my game their physical stats are a bit different:

Fellaini: 11/14 (most likely will stay the same)

Zuculini: 16/16 (will probably increase a little with age)

Bolzoni: 13/12 (will probably increase as well)

So, looks like Fellaini is the slower one, plus his stats will most likely stay the same as Zuculini and Bolzoni will probably improve in theirs and become faster. The other little thing I've noticed is that all my scouts recommend Zuculini more than Bolzoni, in fact they give Zuculini 5 stars and Bolzoni 4.

What do you think of the following: Rafael Carioca, Nuri Sahin, Ignacio Comacho?

PS - It looks like I can have a very good chance of getting Giovanni dos Santos. For some reason Tottenham doesn't really play him and he wants to leave them.

Yes, I agree with that Ace, Fellainy won't improve, at least dramatically. As for the scout recommendations, it's very important to see how many games had a youngster under his belt. First team matches are the most important aspect regarding player development. Therefore, if youngster A has a potential ability of let's say 160 and enjoys regular first team football and youngster B has 170-175 but has been fringe, your scout will recommend the most developed one. Look at an example: Have your scouts check Ivan Fatic and Udinese's Mazzarani. They will probably rate them as a decent to good prospects, event though they always become world class players later in the game. As for the other 3 MCs (Rafael Carioca, Nuri Sahin, Ignacio Comacho) If I were you I would buy Camacho. I don't really trust the other two,especially sahin. From what I've learned, there are many youngsters that look promising, but their potential ability varies from save to save. Feghouli might be a lot better than Dos Santos in your game. If Dos Santos does not fit tactically into Tottenham, then it's not a matter of potential. But if the Tottenham manager prefers another player that plays in the same position, you should be more cautious if you want to sign him...

Ace great team without a doubt one flaw is sakho is not ready for that league yet so you may find when he comes across great rw/rm he will be poor, other then that you have a great team, can i recommend two signings if its ok, i tested the team at work brought in them players had a good result after ten games, but i brought in keirisson (sorry if i spelt that wrong) and also moutinho from sporting and they can add so much into a team both young both under 10 mil, bargin if you can get ker under 5 :)...

And Korr, i have been using your TWO tactics now, found out something impressive with both tactics, when playing away to your west brom's, stoke, etc.. (the poorer teams) use the attacking, but when playing the bigger teams, chelsea man utd arsenal etc.. use the defensive at home and in contenental cups ie champions league uefa etc, and it works brilliant, and to what you said to the FW on my comment yeah everything .. forward runs/run with the ball/ l. shots, through balls, cross ball all that on maximum with a pacey forward or striker and your in thier :)... (plus can someone tell me how to quote certain bits in messages cause im getting annoued keep looking up and down lol!

Hey J ,

To be honest I don't really enjoy using the standard variation, because its approach is more authoritarian. But yes, it is more solid and you are using it in the right way... As for the quote thing, it's simple. Just look at the message you want to reply to and press "quote" before you reply. (you ll find it next to the "reply" option , just below the message.

using 4-2-3-1 Elastic defense (standard) as i am using league 2 team Luton Town, will report back after 1 season.

Hey Jinli, you are the first one to use the tactic with a lower league club, therefore your feedback will be much appreciated. Good luck!

korr i have to say the elastic formation has worked well for me in my first game at home beating united 2-0 and dominating the game (20 shots i think it was and 54% possesion)

That was a nice result mate! And your club?

Well, I'm playing in France, it's a weaker league compared to the EPL or Serie A, plus I'm also in the second season, so Sakho has had time to develop. He's still not the player he will be but he's getting there nicely. His only downside at the moment is his speed, 15 acceleration and 14 pace. I've been training him in a custom Aerobic-intensive training schedule to increase his speed, working well so far.

Interesting that you mention Moutinho as I actually had him in my team just a few months ago, then sold him because he couldn't fit into another formation that I was using. I doubt I could get him back so I'll be looking for alternatives for the MCR position. Or I might just let Diarra play as MCR and get another player for MCL.

Keirrison is indeed a great player, but unfortunately in my game he was bought by one of my arch rivals PSG. I could probably get him but he'll cost me a ton. I was already surprised that I was able to get Sakho from them. Besides, I doubt my team needs him (Keirrson that is), since I already have Benzema, Bojan, Milevskyi, Aquino, and Saivet.

Yes, I agree with that Ace, Fellainy won't improve, at least dramatically. As for the scout recommendations, it's very important to see how many games had a youngster under his belt. First team matches are the most important aspect regarding player development. Therefore, if youngster A has a potential ability of let's say 160 and enjoys regular first team football and youngster B has 170-175 but has been fringe, your scout will recommend the most developed one. Look at an example: Have your scouts check Ivan Fatic and Udinese's Mazzarani. They will probably rate them as a decent to good prospects, event though they always become world class players later in the game. As for the other 3 MCs (Rafael Carioca, Nuri Sahin, Ignacio Comacho) If I were you I would buy Camacho. I don't really trust the other two,especially sahin. From what I've learned, there are many youngsters that look promising, but their potential ability varies from save to save. Feghouli might be a lot better than Dos Santos in your game. If Dos Santos does not fit tactically into Tottenham, then it's not a matter of potential. But if the Tottenham manager prefers another player that plays in the same position, you should be more cautious if you want to sign him...

Seems you might have a point. I just looked at Zuculini's and Bolzoni's first team appearances. Zuculini is a first team regular at his club (Sampdoria) but Bolzoni has had only one first team game in the entire season, most likely he's playing in Inter's reserves. My scouts also say the Bolzoni would not be interested in joining my club. This seems a bit strange since he's a young player and would get more playing time on my team than in Inter.

I checked out Mazzarani in Udinese, however, he's not even a DMC or MC, he's purely a right fullback. By the way, if you are looking for young promising right fullbacks you should take a look at Davide Santon in Inter or Daniel Opare in Real Madrid. Santon is easy to get, especially in the first season and he becomes world class and is very consistent. Daniel Opare is very promising too, however, I'm not sure if Real Madrid would be willing to sell him in first season, however, he gets released after the first season so you can pick him up for free then. That's what I did.

I also checked up on Feghouli, he's developing very nicely on loan at Parma. I think he'll definitely be first team material starting next season.

PS - If anyone looking for a great assistant manager, take a look at Nick Theslof in Bayern Munich. Excellent in motivating, tactical knowledge, player assessment, determination, and pretty good man management.

Due to the time I can't go into too much detail, but I have been testing this formation for the past couple of hours with Manchester United in these four games:

Charlton (h) - FA Cup 4th Round Replay - 3-1 Win (All Blitz) - Goals: Fat Ronaldo (CF) x3 (amazing, considering he was brought on at half-time lacking match fitness and had just joined from Cruzeiro for £650k! I used my second XI in this game.)

Bolton (a) - Premier League - 3-1 Win (All Blitz) - Goals: Rooney (CF), Srna (RB), C. Ronaldo (AMCR)

Manchester City (h) - FA Cup 5th Round - 3-0 Win (Blitz - Elastic at 3-0) - Goals: Dunne (og), Rooney (CF), Fat Ronaldo (CF)

Chelsea (a) - Premier League - 2-1 Win (1st half used Elastic, was 1-0 down, 2nd half moved to Blitz and came back) - Goals: Brown (RCB), Rooney (CF)

The Chelsea game has sealed the deal for me as they were at full-strength and Drogba was a menace. I brought in Fernandez/Scholes for Nani/Anderson as their morale was killed by my pre-match press conference! However, I had huge posession even at 1-0 down (62%) and my pass accuracy was again incredible (82% - has been this good throughout!). By full-time this dropped to 61% and 75% respectively as I went more attacking, but I got the 2 goals that mattered. Along with the change I feel that using Rio Ferdinand to man-mark Drogba helped me to win as he totally nullified the threat and the winning goal (92nd minute!) came from him dispossessing Drogba and playing a long through-ball for Rooney, who scampered onto it and chipped it over the onrushing Cech from 20 yards into the far corner! Delightful!

I must say that so far this tactic looks brilliant in every area, and I have some excellent upcoming test games (which I will play tomorrow) against Bayen Munich (h - CL 1st KO, 1st Leg), Chelsea (n - CC Final), Newcastle (h - PL), Portsmouth (a - PL) and Bayern Muncih (a - CL 1st KO, 2nd Leg). Quite a good variation of tests and I will probably stick with Blitz for all after the second-half at Stamford Bridge.

One thing I have noticed so far is that Anderson may be a poor choice for the AMC position due to his poor finishing (9). He has had quite a few chances and has squandered them. I am currently training both Nani and C.Ronaldo to play AMC, but ideally I'd like to keep them both wide. For now I may simply bring Matiaz Fernandez in to see how he does instead (retains good pace in the front 4) or I might give Carlos Tevez a go there (only has 14/14 and isn't the most creative, though!) I'm loathe to use Scholes/Giggs (both of whom have good attributes for the position) because of their age/lack of pace, but wouldn't be totally against it.

I take it that finishing/composure/off the ball are useful throughout the team due to the massive variation in chances for all different positions (one of the things I love most about this tactic so far!)?

I must say Korr that it looks outstanding and that I'll let you know how little tweaks help (such as man marking lone strikers, etc.) but from what I can see as a strong team, there isn't much needs doing! Zapata in for Brown will make a huge difference, and ideally I'd like a more all-round/all-action MRC than Michael Carrick, but apart from that my squad seems very well-suited to the tactic. I personally thought that Fat Ronaldo would bomb, being mocked for buying him by my mates, but 4 goals in 120 minutes of football says otherwise thanks to your magic! I've used him with all sliders set to "max" (FWRs, RWB, TTB, CB, etc.) and he's been awesome for someone not even match fit yet. Rooney had previously gone 10 hours without a goal before using this, too, now he's got 3-in-3 and looks lethal!

Can only say thanks again, it really is exceptional!

Some nice results Janitor. I wonder though, what if you set the striker's instructions to all mixed instead of all often. Perhaps let him decide what to do. Since you're using world class strikers, might be a good idea to try out, they should make some good decisions.

I'm not sure, ACE. The striker playing in the CF role has scored 7 goals in those 4 games, accounting for around 70% of the total team goals - and this has been a Rooney who had gone 10 hours without a goal prior and a "Fat" Ronaldo who had just moved to England and was severely lacking in match fitness!

I see the logic in what you're saying, but the ratings so far have been exceptional for the player in the CF role and Rooney in particular has been doing some magical things (his goal against Chelsea was exceptional). I think Rooney only has 14 for decisions, though, also - which would perhaps make him less effective.

I'll give it a try over the same 4 games perhaps and let you know how things go.

One thing I would like to do is get Cristiano Ronaldo much more involved in play than he has been, and not just necessarily by switching him into a central role. I'm wondering what effect giving free roles to the wide players would have, but honestly I'm loathe to change anything at all due to the success of everything so far. Corners are much more dangerous thanks to Korr (scored from 3 already since the change - Rooney, Brown, Dunne og), the football is brilliant to watch, the passing percentages are always up around 75-85%, clear-cut chances are being created (5 a game or so) and the posession is always at around 60%, home or away.

It's just brilliant. To think, also, that this is the result after just 4 games of play in a team with a new manager, loads of new staff, 4 new players in the first team squad and who were previously underachieving (4th, 11 points behind 1st when I took over - now 3rd, 8 points behind). Once the squad is blended properly and everyting settles down I'm really looking forward to what this tactic can do.

I'm not sure, ACE. The striker playing in the CF role has scored 7 goals in those 4 games, accounting for around 70% of the total team goals - and this has been a Rooney who had gone 10 hours without a goal prior and a "Fat" Ronaldo who had just moved to England and was severely lacking in match fitness!

I see the logic in what you're saying, but the ratings so far have been exceptional for the player in the CF role and Rooney in particular has been doing some magical things (his goal against Chelsea was exceptional). I think Rooney only has 14 for decisions, though, also - which would perhaps make him less effective.

I'll give it a try over the same 4 games perhaps and let you know how things go.

Sounds good mate. I look forward to reading your findings.

One thing I would like to do is get Cristiano Ronaldo much more involved in play than he has been, and not just necessarily by switching him into a central role. I'm wondering what effect giving free roles to the wide players would have, but honestly I'm loathe to change anything at all due to the success of everything so far. Corners are much more dangerous thanks to Korr (scored from 3 already since the change - Rooney, Brown, Dunne og), the football is brilliant to watch, the passing percentages are always up around 75-85%, clear-cut chances are being created (5 a game or so) and the posession is always at around 60%, home or away.

It's just brilliant. To think, also, that this is the result after just 4 games of play in a team with a new manager, loads of new staff, 4 new players in the first team squad and who were previously underachieving (4th, 11 points behind 1st when I took over - now 3rd, 8 points behind). Once the squad is blended properly and everyting settles down I'm really looking forward to what this tactic can do.

Are you using Cristiano Ronaldo as AMCR? I took a look at him. His decision stat isn't that great, only 13, also creativity is only 14 for such a high flair player. To me, it almost seems like you would need to lower his mentality in order to get him involved more because he apparently not intelligent enough to be able to do it on his own. Also, his anticipation is a bit average as well, which leads him not to be able to anticipate moves by his own teammates that well. So, yeah, I think it has to do with mentality and perhaps his creative freedom. Both might be too high for him. However, if the tactic is working great overall and you're getting the results you want, then you should probably just stick with it, don't change anything. Would be interesting to hear what Korr thinks about this.

Unfortunately, my days under the sun are coming to an end as I am moving back to Canada and I doubt I will play FM again. My last update will be a defensive variation of this tactic. Fine-tuning it now, will post it in a couple of days. To all the guys who bothered to download, test my simple tactic and post their results, I owe an honest "thank you". Damn, I sound like an overemotional fag, but I am sad to be leaving my beautiful, sunny country to go back to that cold sh@@hole. (If you are Canadian, don't be offended. I always say what I think, without "polishing" it)

Hi Korr, I've now finished my 1st season in the Premier League as Ipswich and finished a respectable 11th but the tactics I've been using seems OK for a few games and then I go on a very erractic run. So during the pre season I'm going to try ur tactic as I read all the posts and it seems a very good tactic indeed. Just go to get rid of some of my players that aren't quite upto the standard I need for your tactic.Anyway a couple of questions do use attend the press conferences and do you use any OI?

Unfortunately, my days under the sun are coming to an end as I am moving back to Canada and I doubt I will play FM again. My last update will be a defensive variation of this tactic. Fine-tuning it now, will post it in a couple of days. To all the guys who bothered to download, test my simple tactic and post their results, I owe an honest "thank you". Damn, I sound like an overemotional fag, but I am sad to be leaving my beautiful, sunny country to go back to that cold sh@@hole. (If you are Canadian, don't be offended. I always say what I think, without "polishing" it)

Sorry to hear about your move Korr, though Canada is not that bad, I've been there several times my self. Sure it's a bit colder than other places but the people are very nice, plus there's no reason to stop playing FM, even in Canada ;) Hope you stick around here and continue posting about your games and tactics.

Sorry to hear about your move Korr, though Canada is not that bad, I've been there several times my self. Sure it's a bit colder than other places but the people are very nice, plus there's no reason to stop playing FM, even in Canada ;) Hope you stick around here and continue posting about your games and tactics.

Thanks man!

I ve posted a new version of the tactic, based on Wenger's Role theory. You can find the link in the original post. Check it out if you want!

Thanks man!

I ve posted a new version of the tactic, based on Wenger's Role theory. You can find the link in the original post. Check it out if you want!

Thanks I'll check it out. Which do you consider to be your best tactic, regular blitz or the Wenger version?

I think i'll give this one a try. Just taken over at Palace and they are in the relegation zone with 13 matches to go.

Need something that is solid defensively.

Why can't you play FM2009 in Canada Korr?

Scobie, this tactic is not exactly solid defensively, at least you need to have very good players to make it that way. First you need fast center backs because they will be chasing strikers that get through since the tactic employs a high defense line and a lot of width. You also need quick and hard working MCs since they will be covering for the fullbacks who go forward often.

The tactic is very good, but the basis of it is on offense. It may seem good defensively, but only with very good players at the back and I don't think Crystal Palace have those kind of players. If you are going to try it, then I strongly suggest investing in your defense first and foremost.

Thanks man!

Hi Korr, could u suggest which version of this tactic i should use for my current team, in season 2

GK Oscar Ustari / Tim Howard

Full back Micah Richards, Leighton Baines, Joe Mattock, DAvid Saton

DC Yobo / Steven Taylor

MC Veloso/ L. Diarra / Ruben da la red

AML/R David Silva/ Juan MAta / Goran Pandev (retrained)

AMC David Silva/ Juan MAta / Goran Pandev

ST Oscar CArdozo / James Vaughn

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on how this tactic is working out, rather than which players to use. I am just about to start a season and am thinking about giving it a go as it all seems fairly positive so far.

Hey guys,

Firstly, loving the tactic. Was bored with 4-4-2 and was looking for a tactic like this. Its working well with my first season blackburn team.

The only problem I have with it is that whoever(Rosina/Gamst Pederson/Villanueva/Dunn) I play in my AML position sucks.... It isnt just that the players arnt good enough. Example, on the AMR I have Rosina lighting the place up, switch him to the left(rated as Natural for the position) and he stazrts getting 5.6's and the like(even if the team wins 3 -0 and everyone else is in the 7's or above).

Any one got any suggestions of what I can do with his instructions to improve the positions productivity? The instructions for both AML and AML are exactly the same and im really confused.

Also, Feng, its a good tactic...im Blackburn first season and in early december im up to 4th in the Premier League, quarter Finals of the League cup. Notable wins include 6-0 v Bolton(loved that one), a 3-2 win over Arsenal and victory 2-1 over Liverpool all in the league.

One thing tho is crucial. If you dont have fast cb's DONT use the tactic. Ive had to bench Ryan Nelsen(usually a rock in defence) as hes too slow.

Hi Dirty Ace. Thanks for the advice, I've tried the standard tactic for about 7 games last night and apart from one 3-0 spanking, it actually held up quite well with very few goals conceded. Reckon I only won 3 of those games and the other 3 were draws.

But considering the team are in the midst of a bad run of form and when I arrived most of the morale was okay or below I think the tactic perfomed quite well.

Switched to the Blitz tactic when playing the bottom team (Norwich) and came away with a 2-0 victory.

The problem for me seems to be my striker is knocking on a bit and quite old, with a pace rating of only 10. Consequently when all these nice balls are coming out from defence he is just unable to chase them down. I have other strikers however they are a little young and inexperienced so I'm trying to build up there playing experience so they don't constantly show as playing nervously.

Going to test this with Roma now, will let u know how it goes. The starting eleven I will use is:

GK: Doni

DR: Cicinho

DL: Riise

DC: Mexes

DC: Juan

MCL: De Rossi

MCR: Pizarro

AMCL: Baptista

AMC: Totti

AMCR: Aquilani

SC: Vucinic

I think this tactic will work really well for Roma.

I reckon I could get it working with my AC Milan save. I have Ronaldinho Kaka and Arshavin as attacking mids with Feghouli, Sanchez as backup. Do you think Mandanda would work as a sweeper keeper? And Pato as striker?

EDIT: Mandanda wont work as a sweeper keeper just yet

I'm testing your tactic right now. This is what happened in my first game with it against Torino....

pictur19.jpg

Pretty unlucky...but I'll persist with it. I have Veloso coming in January so he should be great.

I have a question though. When do I use Elastic Defence and when do I use Blitz? I also downloaded the role theory one, when do I use that?

This tactic can be extremely effective. I'm using it currently in my third season with Lyon. We just thrashed AC Milan away in CL 8-1 (see pic below)! However, I do make small tweaks in most matches to get the most out of this tactic, plus you do need the right players, and they need 10-12 matches to be fully used to the tactic.

lyonmilanrh7.png

This tactic can be extremely effective. I'm using it currently in my third season with Lyon. We just thrashed AC Milan away in CL 8-1 (see pic below)! However, I do make small tweaks in most matches to get the most out of this tactic, plus you do need the right players, and they need 10-12 matches to be fully used to the tactic.

Hi Dirty, can you explain us what kind of tweaks do you make ?

Thx.

I usually just adjust defense line and tempo. Sometimes I adjust just one and sometimes both, but there are also matches when I don't adjust anything. It all depends on who I'm playing against. Like for example, in the screen shot I posted where we beat Milan 8-1, I dropped the defense line by 3 notches and dropped tempo by 3 notches, plus turned on counter attack.

I usually just adjust defense line and tempo. Sometimes I adjust just one and sometimes both, but there are also matches when I don't adjust anything. It all depends on who I'm playing against. Like for example, in the screen shot I posted where we beat Milan 8-1, I dropped the defense line by 3 notches and dropped tempo by 3 notches, plus turned on counter attack.

Wich tactic do you use ? The attack one, the elastic one or the role theory. If i'm not wrong, you said that you're using the elastic one for away and for hard opponent ?

Thx for the reply dude ;-).

Archived