FM09 Player Backgrounds

tjmtjm

Player Background Photos for FM09.

Backgrounds which appear within players individual profile pages (in an similar way to Villaturk and Beefsters stadium packs). These are all action photos rather than photoshop graphics, set at 1024/767 or 1280/800 resolution.

SCREENSHOTS

Torres - screentorrescz6.th.jpg Cassano - cassanofj2.th.jpg Villa - davidvillank2.th.jpg

INSTALLATION

Extract to your my documents/sports interactive/fm2009/graphics/backgrounds/ folder using winrar or winzip. Create this folder yourself if it doesn't already exist.

In your options/preferences page make sure you have:

- show backgrounds ticked

- skin cache unticked

- reload skin on confirm ticked (if you are installing these graphics whilst already in the game)

DOWNLOAD

England - Premiership. 600 players & staff backgrounds: link down

England - Championship. 430 player backgrounds: link down

Scotland - SPL. 170 players & staff: link down

Italy - Serie A. 400 players & staff: link down

Spain - La Liga. 400 players & staff: link down

Germany - Bundesliga. 340 players & staff: link down

France - Ligue 1. 345 players & staff: link down

USA - MLS. 250 players & staff: link down

South America. 300 players from Brazil, Argentina, Mexico & Colombian leagues: link down

Champions League. 52 teams from the champions league group stage and qualifying round: link down

Uefa Cup. 30 teams from the uefa cup group stage and qualifying round: link down

Due to FileFront problems, all backgrounds have been uploaded into 4 megapacks:

1) England Premiership & Championship and Scotland SPL - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O0ZO5CK1

2) Germany, Italy, France and Spain - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKKLRFSO

3) USA, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Colombia - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J58B37AM

4) Champions League & UEFA Cup - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7D1LZB5H

Any questions/errors etc. please post a message. I am using Steklo 09 on most of the screenshots which is a skin I would recommend, although the backgrounds should work well with any skin which uses slightly darker opaque shading on player profile pages :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much for these --question though

When I go into another player (that does not have a picture) the last player viewed shows up ..for instance from Torres ..I went to see Belluschi ( and in the background the picture of Torres was still there)

Do you know any way I can rectify this ?

Cheers

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :)

I'm planning to work my way through the major leagues, although I don't mind doing the odd request as well. Currently working on Serie A - sample screenshot here of Balotelli using Tumma skin:

screenbalotellijj1.th.jpg

@ Alexander

This is a problem which is happening with all backgrounds (stadiums, competitions etc.) put in the game. You can get around it by going into the directory of whatever skin you are using and opening up the file called: panels/global panels.xml (you can open it using notepad or wordpad).

Find the text which says:

CODE

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

And change it to:

CODE

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

Then reload the skin with skin cache unticked.

Sorry mate, it works correctly if I pass from a page with a background photo to another with a background photo in it, but if I go to view a team that does not have a bg, it still shows me the previous team/player/competition background.

I think that I put the default.jpg picture in the wrong folder. Could you tell the exact complete path where to put it?

Thanks

afterware

Which skin are you using? If its the default skin you'll need to extract this using the resource archiver and then edit the panels/global panels.xml file as I have explained above. If its a downloaded skin locate this file in the skin's directory and edit it, make sure this file is edited and in place for all versions of the skin (e.g. left/right hand side folders).

staind / supersub

I agree the default skin isn't transparent enough to see these files or any other background images. I'm not too good at skinning and really not sure how you would go about editing the default skin to achieve this, but will keep an eye out and reply if I find a solution. In the meantime I recommend Steklo as the best skin for my backgrounds.

@ Alexander

This is a problem which is happening with all backgrounds (stadiums, competitions etc.) put in the game. You can get around it by going into the directory of whatever skin you are using and opening up the file called: panels/global panels.xml (you can open it using notepad or wordpad).

Find the text which says:

CODE

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

And change it to:

CODE

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

Then reload the skin with skin cache unticked.

im using the flex09 skin, and the pics work great (thanks by the way), but i cant do the above with my skin. i go to panels, and theres no xml file called 'global panels'. any ideas? or should i just download steklo?

afterware

Which skin are you using? If its the default skin you'll need to extract this using the resource archiver and then edit the panels/global panels.xml file as I have explained above. If its a downloaded skin locate this file in the skin's directory and edit it, make sure this file is edited and in place for all versions of the skin (e.g. left/right hand side folders).

It's the default skin. I used resource archiver and extracted global panels.xml in this folder:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\panels

and put default.jpg file in:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\backgrounds\default

But still it shows previous background if I go in a screen without a background.

longyt

There is a panels/global panels.xml file in the flex09_r folder, if you edit this as above it should be ok. However I'm not sure how to get this to work if you're using the left hand side version, simply transferring the file into the panels folder in the regular flex09 folder doesn't seem to work as it converts to the right hand side version.

afterware

Extract the entire entire default skin using the resource archiver and put the folders in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins (create it if it doesn't exist). Then from here go into each folder and edit the text in the panels/global panels.xml file accordingly.

As I say guys, skinning isnt really my thing so I'm going on what I've picked up myself here. If anyone else has any sounder advice feel free to step in?!?

longyt

There is a panels/global panels.xml file in the flex09_r folder, if you edit this as above it should be ok. However I'm not sure how to get this to work if you're using the left hand side version, simply transferring the file into the panels folder in the regular flex09 folder doesn't seem to work as it converts to the right hand side version.

yeh ive done that now, and as you said it converted it to the right hand version, ah well cant have everything ;). thanks for the help!

im using the flex09 skin, and the pics work great (thanks by the way), but i cant do the above with my skin. i go to panels, and theres no xml file called 'global panels'. any ideas? or should i just download steklo?

you can find the global panels in the flex_r section

Italy Serie A Player Backgrounds Pack: 400 players and staff covering all 20 teams - DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshots:

Amauri - amauriel3.th.jpg Acquafesca - acquafrescawn4.th.jpg Cassano - cassanofj2.th.jpg

Cheers for the comments so far everyone. Next pack will be Spain La Liga, hopefully by tomorrow :)

Scotland, France, Germany and Championship packs on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland SPL: 170 players and staff covering all 12 teams.

Boruc - borucxf9.th.jpg Lafferty - laffertyvz2.th.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Struggled to find decent quality images for these tbh. Next one is Bundesliga :thup:

Macca - each download link takes you to a page which shows you the size of the files first; eng - 129mb, ita - 78mb, spa - 87mb, sco - 46mb.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone else to enjoy.

Just started a Italian Save so this is perfect!

Also' date=' I use the 'Dark Horizon' skin so I will post on here to advise if the backgrounds work ok or not.

Again, cheers[/quote']So far all backgrounds work fine, just going to download the SPL pack.

Keep up the good work!

Id pay good money for a scottish div 2 one or more specifically a Raith Rovers one sod the rest of those also ran teams ;p

Heres a link to players pics so you would know names etc

http://www.raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/players.cgi

I can speak to the club photographer and get whatever size action pics for each player if you would be willing to do it

If you could id be happy to send you some cash via paypal or something just lemme know ;p

Like so many others thanks for excellant work its much apprieciated :)

Downloading them now and will let you know how i get on (using Blackin09 skin)

Installed all the 3 packs and works a treat once i edited the global file (Would stick on picture if no other to load until you selected another player)

Fantastic pack look forward to the others :D

Any notes on the different skins are much appreciated, cheers :thup: The backgrounds work better on some skins more than others so its a help to keep track as I've missed a lot of the recent releases.

Nazdarovie - If you've got the photos sourced and know all the players then thats most of the hardwork done :D Happy to do this though (no fee neccesary!), message sent.

Next pack up tommorow.

Charlie - sorry not too sure what to suggest for your missing heads. Do you mean they are under the menubar or the pictures aren't resizing properly? I play windowed mode mostly but dont have any problems when switching between fullscreen.

Ok, will certainly bear that in mind. Im working off Steklo which has a thin top menubar (e.g. my Lafferty screenshot above), but I can see that using other skins like Flex might not have as much room at the top.

Archived