FM09 Player Backgrounds

tjmtjm

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey tjmtjm I've got a suggestion for these backgrounds. I know it would involve a lot of time and effort but it would make these backgrounds a lot more universal. I can't seem to find any skins with a transparent header bar so the players heads are cut off a lot of the time. I know you have recommended Stekelo but I don't really like that skin much and when I try and change my skin to the left hand version (I only ever use left) it crashes on the 'Loading image data for the new skin' screen. I think it would be great if you could resize the images so that the top of them is in line with the bottom of the top header bar so you can get the whole image on and they aren't ever cut off. Let me know what you think.

I know where you're coming from mate, its annoying to me also as I've realised in doing these. The default skin and flex etc. take up about 1/4 of the page with their title bars. Google image search a players name and you'll see that in most cases if its an action shot then the players head will be in the top 1/4 - 1/3 of the picture, and if its a close-up a significant proportion will be.

Cropping in to avoid this is difficult because you loose the resolution of the pic which makes them look crap, you'll see for some teams Iv had to use really grainy images to make sure theres a decent number of players included and they look really poor. Or you crop in to just end up with closeups of peoples heads and shoulders which is already covered by the facepacks, and also looks a bit crap. So even if I was to go back and do them all again (!) they wouldn't turn out too good :(

I've been trying to put the players heads further down on the last few goes where possible. Hopefully these packs are still a useful graphical addition nontheless. I'm not good with skins but if I can find a solution I will certainly post it up...

:confused: Could anyone help with this? :confused:

The code used in the config files (further up the page) says 'background picture covers entire screen' - maybe this could be tweaked somehow??? Or there must be someway of making the bars transparent if their colours are able to be changed???

Maybe you could keep the resolution of the images by just resizing them to a smaller size, say 75% of the original that you have now. You could then create a white bar that is 25% keeping the images the same size in total but the bit you are viewing should all appear under the header bar. Try it with a few to see how that works before you go ahead and create loads ;).

Nazdarovie - Cheers for your comments. Did you get your Raith pics yet? Still happy to do this for you. :)

Koala - What about them?

leedsforever - Yeh will try and cover as many as I can when I get round to it. Think next one will maybe be general champions league.

Nazdarovie - Cheers for your comments. Did you get your Raith pics yet? Still happy to do this for you. :)

Not exactly lol i managed to edit the xml and get some of the team done but there not great quality and im no expert at manipulating graphics.

Team List http://raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/players.cgi

Player pics http://raithroversfc.com/cgi-bin/matchdetails.cgi?id=833 ( You can decrease the 833 number 1 at a time to get previous match pics.

Ive tried google images/yahoo images and searching for individual player names but im not sure what pics will work best with it

Partridge - Championship link has been fixed now.

Sweeney / Toon - No the cut-out face pictures aren't done by me, only the background photos. You can download the faces from various FM sites, I think these ones are the best quality.

super sub - I did the Russian squad from Euro 08 with Arshavin included, so I've re-uploaded that for you here. I'm slowly working on more packs but hopefully a new one by next week :)

Thanks tjm, these are great.

One thing tho...

Nedum Onuoha pic. is in the mancity folder but when I click on him his pic. does not appear in the background, any idea why? Is it easy to fix?

Also, did anyone manage to fix the panel/global panel.xml problem (Alexander999 first highlighted it in this thread) for left hand skins?

KUTGW.

• 2 weeks later...

New pack...

UEFA Champions League: This season's 52 champions league teams from the final qualifying round to the group stages.

Carlos - robertocarlosny5.th.jpg Makoun - jeanmakounlp6.th.jpg

Note that some of the teams from leagues already done have been replicated here. It will work fine if you have two copies of the same team in your graphics folder but if you are short on space you might want to take them out.

DOWNLOAD HERE

tjmtjm - downloaded and installed - utterly beautiful, BUT .... 52 teams accounted for, but Milan is missing!

Well its for this season's champions league teams, and Milan aren't in this season's champions league. So I don't really see what the problem is here :p;)

Not to worry though I've done a UEFA Cup one as well, which they did qualify for :)

I just tried dowloading these but due to my poor internet connection it timed out, is anyone willing to put these into a superpack and put it up on another site, e.g megaupload...or as a torrent.

I am downloading them just now mate.I am going to be putting them on filefront.It says it will be 1hr untill it is complete.

Also could someone make me a Zidane background

Cheers

Archived