How do I add my own photo to my Manager Profile?

Mambaman

The game seems not to have uploaded my name or photo (I was down as 'unknown User'). Got round the name thing by adding my nickname (sorted) but how can i get my picture added now?

Any solutions welcome

As far as I know...you can only add your manager picture at the start of the game, but i'm not 100% sure on that though.

Pretty sure you should be able to do it the "regular" way (i.e. how you normally add facepacks into the game): you need to find your unique ID, and work through the xml file.

um... i have no clue how to edit the XML file....

i saw my unique ID it is like a heaps long number....

First create a config.xml in the location:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\managers

The config.xml file should be:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="nameofyourpic" to="graphics/pictures/person/youruniqueid/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Replacing the bold parts with the name of your pic and your unique ID.

Yuor pic must be in the same folder as the config.xml and must have no spaces and be lowercase preferrably at 180 x 180 px and saved as a .png.

untick Skin Cache and tick Reload Skin in FM09 Preferences and it should work.

so is it best to just copy and paste all of this into a notebook file (exactly as below)?

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="nameofyourpic" to="graphics/pictures/person/youruniqueid/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

First create a config.xml in the location:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\managers

The config.xml file should be:

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

Replacing the bold parts with the name of your pic and your unique ID.

Yuor pic must be in the same folder as the config.xml and must have no spaces and be lowercase preferrably at 180 x 180 px and saved as a .png.

untick Skin Cache and tick Reload Skin in FM09 Preferences and it should work.

So if I want to add staff pics to say my assistant and scouts would I just add this line numerous times.

swapping the proper names and unique ids for the guys?

I got it to work with this in the config instead.

<record>

<list id="maps">

<record from="YOUR PNG" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

NOTE; Put the name of your png between the " " marks. no capital letters. Then your unique id number where it says UNIQUE ID.

CLICK ME

I got it to work with this in the config instead.

<record>

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

NOTE; Put the name of your png between the " " marks. no capital letters. Then your unique id number where it says UNIQUE ID.

CLICK ME

Hey WH what was the name of your folder in the graphics folder that you put it all in. was it pictures or managers?

Hey WH what was the name of your folder in the graphics folder that you put it all in. was it pictures or managers?

The folder doesn't matter, as long as the config file and your pic are in the same folder and in the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics" folder in your My Documents.

I have typed in the following but i still can't get it to work. The greyed out picture has disappeared which is something.

Can you please tell me where i am going wrong a s i have untcked skin cache etc.

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="conormcauliffe" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394653253/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Try this.

<record>

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

NOTE; Put the name of your png between the " " marks. no capital letters. Then your unique id number where it says UNIQUE ID

Mine works (see the click me link on my first post.)

C\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\managers

If the folders are not there you need to create them.

i found it easier to setup up a new game and cancelling the wizard and you will see on your top right side screen there is button to click to add a photo to your self on the game . hope that helps but if u already have a game going i dnt no how to edit the manager to add the photo. i tried following the the above information but no luck.

i found it easier to setup up a new game and cancelling the wizard and you will see on your top right side screen there is button to click to add a photo to your self on the game . hope that helps but if u already have a game going i dnt no how to edit the manager to add the photo. i tried following the the above information but no luck.

This works initially but about December in the first season the picture just dissappears. I have already loaded all my facepacks, logos etc so I have loaded the picture as described aboved and then gone into preferences and unticked " always reload on confirmation". This should keep all graphics constant and hopefully the picture will not go missing. Another thing i noticed is that the unique ID seems to change with each game so I assume you would need to create a new congig.xml file each time you start a new game.

Yes. They are both in the same folder, turned off skin cache and turned on "always reload on confimrtion".

Its driving me nuts!

I even put my picture within Arsenal and copied down an extra line on the code.

recheck the picture name and try adding the extension on the end of it (ie .jpg or .png)

anyone who still cant get this working:

when you save as, make sure you select xml from the drop down list of file extensions. for some reason just calling it config.xml wont give it the correct permissions.

i used a free app called Notepad++ to do this with: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

also DONT use the image extension e.g. .png on the end of the filename in the config.xml

finally make sure and reload the skin by switching to another and back again

it worked for me then

edit: if you still cant get it to work pm me a link to the image you want to use and i'll make you a config.xml

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

sorry but do you do the same if you want a picture of different players in there profile like i type in bojan and a picture comes up then i type pato a picture comes up but i type anderson an theres no picture how do i get a picture for anderson on his player profile not mine his were at has all his attributes

Turn on show Unique IDs from the preferences -> Display & Sound menu, then go to your managers profile and in the header underneath your managers name will be a long list of numbers this is your managers ID.

Thanks for that. I can not seem to convert my photo to a png file. It is a JPEG currently.

Right I am miffed and frustrated. I have saved my config.xml file into a folder graphics>manager, my computer is recognising it as an XML document. I have converted my pic to a png file, it is called "NS". I have my unique manager ID. I have written my config file as below:

<record>

<list id="maps">

<record from="NS" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394644478/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

I have unticked "use skin cache" and ticked "always reload skin on confirm" and have ticked "show background pictures" in the Display & sound preferences menu and reloaded and confirmed; yet still nothing! HELP before I go insane!

Rename the file to ns and change the NS in the config file to ns as the game doesn't always like capital letters, and I take it you have player/staff faces turned on?

Success,must have been the caps thing...thank you very much for your help.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a nightmare with this and I'm not sure why - I've added a manager pic to my previous games on another PC.

Anyway, I'm actually running FM08 currently, but I believe the process is pretty much the same. I have checked that "Always Reload on Confirm" is ticked, that "Reload From Cache" is not ticked, and that the Unique ID here is correct. I've even tried recoding my original JPEG file as a PNG (again), and creating a new .xml file in Notepad++ rather than regular Notepad. Here's my config.xml:

<record>

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<!-- picture mappings -->

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="js.png" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394650517/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. I know there must be something simple that I'm not doing. Thanks.

I'm having a nightmare with this and I'm not sure why - I've added a manager pic to my previous games on another PC.

Anyway, I'm actually running FM08 currently, but I believe the process is pretty much the same. I have checked that "Always Reload on Confirm" is ticked, that "Reload From Cache" is not ticked, and that the Unique ID here is correct. I've even tried recoding my original JPEG file as a PNG (again), and creating a new .xml file in Notepad++ rather than regular Notepad. Here's my config.xml:

<record>

-->

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. I know there must be something simple that I'm not doing. Thanks.

I thought I'd reply here in case it helps someone else.

After spending an entire morning trying to work this out, I realised that in reinstalling FM08, I'd forgotten about the situation with the German national team (cough). So when I fixed that, I started a new game, and my config.xml file worked perfectly.

• 1 month later...

<record>

-->

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

I see you've solved your own problem, but I was trying to replace my photo today and got a solution here, and it should be noted that you do not add the .png extension on your picture name! My first attempt did not work but after I saw not to include that, and making the change it worked like a charm!

Archived