FM 2009 Official Wolves Thread - I used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright noooooowwwww

Tezread

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. are an English football club playing at Molineux Stadium. Usually referred to by a shortened version of its name, Wolves, the club is known in the UK for its distinctive team colours and long history.

Molineux Stadium is situated on Waterloo Road and has four stands, three named after players who have become legendary at the club - Billy Wright, Steve Bull and Stan Cullis and one after a former director called Jack Harris. The John Ireland Stand (now the Steve Bull Stand) was built in the late 1970s, the other three stands were added in the early 1990s.

The European Cup competition itself was brought about due to Wolves playing against top European sides in the 1950s. They were founder members of the Football League and before the outbreak of World War I they had won the FA Cup twice. But Wolves really established themselves as a top side under the management of Stan Cullis after the Second World War. They were league champions three times and FA Cup winners twice between 1949 and 1960. Wolves have yet to match the successes of the Stan Cullis era, although they did contest the UEFA Cup final in 1971 against Tottenham Hotspur and won the League Cup in 1974 under Bill McGarry and again in 1980 under John Barnwell. Since 1984 they have spent just one season in the top division.

On 9 August 2007, businessman Steve Morgan finally completed a protracted takeover of the club for £10 in return for a £30million investment into the club, ending Sir Jack Hayward's 17 year reign. After last season's surprising play-off finish, manager Mick McCarthy has stated that this season "automatic promotion has to be the aim".

First Team Squad

Goalkeeper:

1 Matt Murray

30 Carl Ikeme

31 Wayne Hennessey

Defender:

3 Neill Collins

5 Richard Stearman

6 Jody Craddock

15 Mark Little

18 Matthew Hill

22 Jason Shackell

28 George Friend

32 Kevin Foley

33 Michael Gray

40 George Elokobi

Michael Mancienne )loanee)

Midfielder:

4 David Edwards

Carlos Edwards

7 Michael Kightly

8 Karl Henry

14 Darren Potter

14 David Jones

16 Mark Davies

17 Matthew Jarvis

31 Mark Salmon

38 Lewis Gobern -

Denes Rosa

Striker:

9 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

10 Andrew Keogh

11 Stephen Ward

18 Sam Vokes

19 Chris Iwelumo

31 Ashley Hemmings (my cousin goes to school with this guy and he says he hs an immense talent!)

37 Liam Hughes

On Loan:

2 Darren Ward (to Watford) 17 Stephen Gleeson (to Stockport) 21 Daniel Jones (to Oldham) 35 Elliott Bennett (to Bury) 36 Lee Collins (to Port Vale)

Club Information

Year Founded: 1877

Chairman Status: Steve Morgan - Loves the club

Favoured Personnel: Matt Murray, Robbie Keane

Fierce Rivals: West Brom

Other Rivals: Birmingham, Aston Villa, Walsall, Stoke

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £13m

Stadium: Molineux, Wolverhampton

Stadium Capacity: 28525 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch Dimaentions: Length - 107m, Width - 68m

Reserve Stadium: New Bucks Head, Telford

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities + Youth academy

Media Prediction: 2nd

Squad Average Age: 24

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Karl Henry

Many thanks to Cereal_Dave for this

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be starting my Wolves game when the full game is released so I don't spoil the fun by overly playing the demo. However, did have a quick play and the squad is good in my opinion. Some players may still be under rated. As Tezread says, centre back and left wing possibly need improving.

Also, as Vokes is inexperienced and Keogh isn't a natural finisher a striker may be required depending on your tactics.

Not sure what players are available on FM09 as I have not downloaded the demo but i think a continued deployment of the young and hungry type player is the way forward. I think the best team is

GK Hennessey

Dl Hill

DC Mancienne

DC Stearman

DR Foley

ML Jarvis

MC Henry

MC Jones

MR Kightly

FC Keogh

FC Ebanks-Blake

I hope Ebanks-Blake, Jarvis Henry have a better PA than in FM08 as i think their real life performance justifies an increase

Can't wait for the full game - i hope it's on the door mat when I get home. On the demo I sell a few players straight away to free up some wages, add to transfer funds - the following players go easily:

D.Ward (£180k no probs)

S.Ward (£220k no probs - usually MK Dons)

M.Gray (£50k - usually Barnsley)

D.Potter (£100k)

N.Collins (£350k)

Bear with me - at work so might get some spellings/nationalities wrong(!).

Buy:

Deac (Romanian) AMLC for £600k,

Eduardo (Brazil) DC,DMLC for £1.8m + clauses

Carlos Tordoya DC for £100k or Cacares DRC for £100k,

Bokila AMRL (Free) is good backup for Kites and Jarvis

Chopra on Loan as backup for Big Chris, Sylvan and Keogh.

Wuiswell Isea MRLC for £200k

I do like a bargain but Eduardo is definitely worth the extra cash - I'm sure the money will be recouped some day.

Must say I am struggling to get perfomances out of Kightly in the game - he may be on his way in January!

OK, so after the activation ******** that won't be spoken about, I finally glot a game going on the full game.#

Zele Ismail is NOWHERE to be seen.

Who the hell is the scout that looks at Wolves? How can a hot prospect such as Zele Ismail be missing from this game? Chelsea are after him, Man City are after him, he's someone that's been said to possibly be the worlds first 100mil player, and he's not in the game.

I was so looking forward to having him in my squad!

Also, yet again our players are lacking I feel.

Hennessey, Kightly, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake, Henry all seem to have stats way below their actual abilities in real life!

Why are Wolves always treated like this?

Signed Possebon on loan, he looks decent!

OK, so after the activation ******** that won't be spoken about, I finally glot a game going on the full game.#

Who the hell is the scout that looks at Wolves? How can a hot prospect such as Zele Ismail be missing from this game? Chelsea are after him, Man City are after him, he's someone that's been said to possibly be the worlds first 100mil player, and he's not in the game.

QUOTE]

Maybe the tabloids have sensationalised too much again

started a new game as wolves, for the full game

PLayers Out	Fee		To
Gray    	300k		QPR
D.Ward 		250k		Cardiff
S.Ward 		250k		MK Dons
Potter 		500k 		Bristol City
Rosa 		100k 		Burnley
Ikeme 		150k 		Hibernian
Jarvis 		500k P/E	Swansea

Players In	Fee		From
McIndoe 	2m 		Bristol City
Beevers  	?? 		Shef Wed
Bodde 		P/E 		Swansea
Soley 		Free		Free Agent
Velicka 	Loan 		Rangers
Murphy 		Loan 		Sunderland
Spiranovic 	Loan 		Nurenberg
Collison 	Loan 		West Ham

i will say beevers transfer fee when i am back on the game

QUOTE]

Maybe the tabloids have sensationalised too much again

Asked this in the Wolves Data thread and apparently 15 year olds shouldn't be in the game apart from afew exceptions i think.

Hennessey, Kightly, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake, Henry all seem to have stats way below their actual abilities in real life!

Hi Teedy, as stated already, Zele should be in next year, he is too young to be in the game, anyone 15 or less in game are either randoms or have been sneaked in against the rules of SI by the teams researcher.

As for the players you mention, i agree that they look like there stats are too low, and i argued this on the data forum when the demo first came out, but what stats do you and the other guys reading this thread believe are wrong with these players, maybe we can get them tweaked for the next update if we all put up the right argument and back this up with facts.

Also, Wolves are actually a pretty strong side in fairness in the game and the Wolves researcher has a thankless task putting all the data together for these guys, so although we can debate and lobby to get things changed, lets not hang the guy out to dry just yet. ;)

I am just about to start a game as Wolves manager. How is everyone doing so far? Im looking forward to having Keightly in my team, how is he performing for you guys?

I will post again once i have taken a look at the team to give you my thoughts on the squad and where improvment is needed.

I am just about to start a game as Wolves manager. How is everyone doing so far? Im looking forward to having Keightly in my team, how is he performing for you guys?

I will post again once i have taken a look at the team to give you my thoughts on the squad and where improvment is needed.

Kightly is a big let down in the game imho, mainly due to his stamina, he literally struggles to play 2 full games in a row.

Other than that i have been really enjoying it with Wolves, Seb and Big Chris seem tow ork well together for me :)

I posted about Wolves in the Championship thread

I always choose to manage them in FM, and this eyar actually thought it would be pretty godd, with the Investment in the club and the players.

Kightly isn't that good, as stated his stamina is awful, and yes a few of the other players stats are low (i'm not actuially a wolves fan so I dont know how realistic most are), altho from demo to full patched release there have been a few changes (Foley is a bit better)

I tinkered with the editor to add Mancienne and C.Edwards loans in after seeing how weak the squad was in places in the demo.

I managed to get some good loan signings to bulk the squad up a bit too

Iago from Juve (no idea how this was pulled off, this kid will be awesome in FM09)

Mehmet Ekici from Bayern is great cover for DM/MC/AMC

Chopra as Voke seems a tad poor

Igor de Camargo is a good striker too

Insua from Liverpool adds cover for Elokobi when he pops off to China for a few weeks

I also signed

Eduardo from Botofogo - class all over 1.5mil

Anton Kozlov, Saturn, - Good cover for Jarvis at LM 350k

Junior Fernandez - Class young keeper and dirt cheap at 90k

Mark Beevers from Shef weds - good young CB 1.4mil

Jan Lecjaks - another great young CB 1mil

Carlos Tordoya - 60k well spent on another young CB

Cipran Deac - good cover for LM and AMC 600k

Victor Moses - Boy looks class again, covers anywhere up top 1.5mil

One thing is that certain players who you could sign in the demo, now wont come anywhere near Wolverhampton(can't say I blame em lol)

I just now need a tactic that works ok, after getting the conditions settled, I seem to be poor every other game at the min

awful :( 5-0 humpin from preston. why do they never make wolves as good as they should be :)

anyway, signed insua on loan jack collison and fabio from united.

Signed robbie fowler for a short term measure due to his finishing really, cant run for crap though. Makaridze the keeper as we only have wayne really as ikeme isnt to good on this. That timar from plymouth was a great signing 2mil though! george boyd from pboro as cover but hes starting left mid atm, and finally managed to snap up delph from leeds for 800k.

not going to well tbf, cant seem to score but not conceeding apart from the 5 against pne. :(

Stormed the first 8 games, hit a sticky patch and have stayed in it. Cant defend or regularly put the ball in the net.

If anybody wants a winger, Leonardo from Ajax=top notch.

Matty Jarvis is a beast aswell, had him with run with ball and cross often and he was getting assist after assist

Hi guys, thought i'd let you know how i've done so far, at the end of the second season :)

Coca Cola Championship: 2008-2009 : Champions - Wolves

Stats; Pld:46, Won:32, Drn:5, Lst:9, For:97, Ag:48, G.D.:+49, Pts:101.

Players in;

Miguel Rebosio - Free

Henrik Larsson - Free

Charlie Adam - 10k

Roberto Bonano - Free

Ron-Robert Zieler - loan

Jay DeMerit - 1.4m

Diego Tristán - 95k

Stephen Carr - Free

Thomas Gravesen - Free

Kevin Doyle - 5.4m

Henri Lansbury - loan

Jeremy Bokila - 220k

Bobo Balde - loan

Players out;

Jody Craddock - Free

Diego Tristan - Free

Darren Ward - 60k

Lewis Gobern - 180k

Stephen Ward - 1.1m

Denes Rosa - Free

Michael Gray - 90k

Roberto Bonano - Free

Top Goalscorer; Kevin Doyle - 28

Fans Player of the year - Michael Kightly

Manager of the season : Moi!

2009 Season ; Champions - Liverpool ; Wolves Position - 8th

Stats; Pld:38, Won:18, Drn:6, Lst:13, For:65, Ag:57, G.D.:+9, Pts:61.

Players in;

Lomana LuaLua - Free

Daniel Sturridge - Free

Ben Sahar - Free

Joe Ledley - 3.1m

Didier Zokora - 400k

Mauro Zarate - 1.8m-2.3m

Amr Zaki - 1.1m

Khalid Boulahrouz - 7m

Emiliano Insua - Loan - 1.1m perm deal

Kyle Lafferty - Loan

Valon Behrami - P/ex

Charles Kaboré - 1.1m

Leandro Gioda - 800k

Fausto Rossi - 900k- 2.9m

Bojan - Loan - 14m perm deal

Andriy Shevchenko - 220k

Robinho - 9m

Wilson Palacio - 4.6m-5.9m

Players out;

Chris Iwelumo - 1.8m

Matt Hill - 2.4m

Darren Potter -900k-3.8m

Mark Davies - 1.1m + 25%

Matt Murray - 900k

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - 5.6m

Stephen Carr - 225k

Andrew Keogh - 4.3m

Jason Shackell - 1.4m

David Edwards - 2.5m

Matt Jarvis - 8m (thankyou newcastle)

(note i have left out purchased regens as they don't really mean much to anyone else)

So what do you guys think of my progress? :)

Got promoted in first season, finishing 2nd after going unbeaten since xmas

made some great signings for my assault on prem,currently 11th after 5 games

and the guy above, you must have used some heavy editing for some of those signings and sales lol,no way will Bojan leave Barca, especially for a newly promoted team, Jarvis was awful for me but I agree with Leonardo.

I got Adriano (4mil and very unhappy)

Ronaldo (free, took months of haggling)

Saviola (loan)

Ustari (release clause 4.9mil, amazed he agreed)

Leo (gremio, free, amazing youung CB)

Angel Di Maria (loan)

Pablo Osvaldo (5mil)

Luigi Bruins (3mil)

Juninho Pernambucano (1mil)

Samuel (2mil)

Max Von Schelbrugge (1mil)

Kightly and Ebanks Blake both outstanding so far, Karl Henry has been very good too

and Mark Beevers is class for 2million, I was offered 9million after promotion for him but said no

Bojan didn't leave barca for me, but he came on loan to me, when i tried to offer the 14m it said he was not interested. And on this game i did not edit at all :)

I've tried to get him on loan at Arsenal and theres no chance, he's an important first team player, and I've tried with wolves too with no joy.

Must have got lucky

I've already annoyed the fans with a couple of signings.

First off was Seyfo Soley - Out of contract and seems as though he could do a job - The fans think he might 'upset the harmony' of the team.

Then I signed Demontagnac from Walsall, he's young and the scouts said he's got decent potential. The fans were unsure about me signing someone from Poorsall, then Steve Bull said it was a bad idea, then to cap it off the player starts running his mouth about how he sees the club as a stepping stone to bigger things. Oh dear...

Any ideas about what tactics to use?

Managed a 2-1 defeat in my first proper friendly (i.e not against Stafford, Telford,etc), using a 4-4-2 (full backs pushing up and wingers). It seemed quite an even game, but didn't seem to be making too many chances and they seemed to be letting the opposition have a bit too much posession.

Lets have some feedback about players indvidually to help team selection for future gamers - what are the following like

GK Hennessey

DL Hill

DC Stearman

DC Collins

DR Foley

ML Jarvis

MC Jones

MC henry

SC Keogh

SC Ebanks Blake

Anyone excelled in the premiership?

Archived