FM 2009 Official Wolves Thread - I used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright noooooowwwww

Tezread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still In my 1st Season but i have bought the following:

K Doyle - £6.5m stagered

Binya - £200k

Babic - £200k

Insua - Loan

Kingston - Loan

Treacy - Loan

Mancienne - Loan (using editor) i also gave him a clubs he likes as 50 becuase he has earned his 1st england call up so i know i would have a great appreciation to that club.

Thats it really.

had a good pre-season and a good start to Championship(PL 4 Won 4).

play a 4-1-3-2

Hennasey

insua

Mancienne

Shackell

Stearman

Binya (henry plays early games due to olympics)

Kinghtly (His Natural Fitness is Appauling)

Babic (alternate with Treacy until he is settle at teh club)

Jones

Doyle

SEB (although recently Iwellumo has been playin cos SEB isn't consistant enough.......yet)

Comments please!

SEB just cannot perform for me, keeps saying he is undermotivated due to my reputation etc.

Luckily Darcheville has been banging in the goals.

Got Pompey in the league cup 3rd round in my 1st season, went 1-0 down but managed to bring it back to 2-1. Was loving it, then drew chelsea in the next round......................at the bridge..............:(

Make sure you put a sell on clause back in Lescotts contract (seems to have been removed in this which is strange as im sure he had one in the last game) as he moved to Man City for £13M at the start of the second season for me.

Lescott does have a sell on clause as i don't think Moxey is stupid enough not to have put in that clause.

Iwelumo is FANTASTIC and my player of the season in the first season.

Sold Keogh right in the beginning of the season.

Played the 1st season with -

Iwelumo

SEB

Vokes

Chopra (loan)

Playing the second with

Zaki

Gignac (7 Million & 24k/week :D)

Vokes

Lewandowski

LuaLua (free - selling him in Dec though - waste of wages)

Sold Iwelumo & SEB both to Middlesborough who were relegated, while I was promoted.

Ive started my game again Stats so far won 1 drawn 4 lost 1. I was wondering what general advice anyone has as I think I have done my usual thing and raced into the game without due thought. What are peoples tactics - any downloads- and what do you do with Press conferences.

I got promoted via the play-offs, but now I'm really struggling for a right winger. I sold Kightly to free up some funds for Lewandowski in January and since then I've played Edwards on the right. But in the Premier League I'm feeling like I'll need someone better there, but with £13m in the transfer kitty I still have plenty to spend. Trouble being that I'd like to get a centre mid too if possible.

Hold on a second, ive been seeing some stuff like Robinho 9mil and Bojan 14mil in second season. I havent been paying much attention and have only started up my first game now but has this FM actually got realistic transfer fees? Instead of the 80/90mil you need to pay to get Rooney, Ronaldo, Torres, Messi, etc?

Well, ive finally started my Wolves game now. Ive really disliked this version of FM, and its took me a long time to get into it, but now here i am.

First look at the team; nothing seems to have changed from FM08.. disappointed. I want to play a basic 4-4-2 this time, as i never ever seem to use that. I'll need to bring in a good target man, a winger on both sides, a physical midfielder, and at least one centre back. After looking at suggestions from this forum, and scouting around a little, ive gone for:

Makukula - £375k

Roberto Junior Fernandez - £100k

Eduardo - £1.9m

Binya - £190k

Sanmartean - Free

Daniel Aquino - £400k

Initial thoughts after a month; Makukula isnt doing it for me. He has chances, but he doesnt finish them. Im going to stick with him tho as maybe he just needs time to bed into the team. Eduardo just isnt good enough as a DC yet. He brings a bit of pace to the back line, but he's more suited as a rounded DL, due to his PPMs too. Binya has been consistent and slotted in effortlessly, bring some much needed presence to midfield. Sanmartean was a great free signing, bringing a bit of quality to the side. Ive used him as a right winger, usually with forward runs mixed so he collects the ball, cuts in and plays through balls. Ive been using Daniel Aquino on the left flank and hes doing ok. Came on as a sub for his debut and scored a penalty and a free kick, he's playing average but getting better as he fits in. Looks good for the future.

David Jones just hasnt been creating anything in midfield, and with Karl Henry's creativity just improved in training, i prefer him and Binya in midfield, with both of them starting to work well together. My strike force is always inconsistent, but im managing to get goals out of them. A clinical finisher will be required in January. Im also being caught out on the flanks occasionally, as all the full backs in the squad are too slow. Should be ok for now, but it'll be a priority for me when im promoted. My defence is still shaky after buying Eduardo on the whim. He's not a DC, so im struggling. Ive gone for Shackell and Collins now, but i need someone more reliable.

My current team:

GK - Hennessey

DR - Foley

DC - Collins

DC - Shackell

DL - Hill

MR - Kightly

MC - Binya

MC - Henry

ML - Aquino

ST - Makukula

ST - Ebanks-Blake

Current results:

3-1 v Crystal Palace

4-0 v Dag & Red (cup)

1-1 v Reading

3-0 v Blackpool

2-1 v Coventry (cup)

2-1 v Barnsley

Im getting the goals ok, and ive got some good attacking play going. My problem is that i keep conceding goals after i control the game, which takes a shine off the results. Most of the goals are 30-yard screamers to be fair, so its frustrating as anything to keep conceding those. I think things will get better as the team gels, and with one or two signings in January, it should be a breeze to the title.

I have a good 4-4-2 tactic for Home & Away suited to the default team at the start of the game. Very good, full backs need to be good as they are attacking minded. Only player I brought in for it was Masilela at DL because I dont like Hill or Elokobi going forward (useless ;) ). Try it out you can mix it up a bit using Ilewumo as the target man and Jones as the playmaker. I recommend if you are using a playmaker then buy a decent one.

Tactic via Rapidshare

Please leave feedback & results if possible. Thanks :)

I badly need some fullbacks season 2 as I have been promoted. I have £17m to spend for a DL and a DR.

Stearman is cack and I have sold Hill. Insua won't come on loan again and Mattock has gone to Celtic.

Little doesnt cut it at this level

I badly need some fullbacks season 2 as I have been promoted. I have £17m to spend for a DL and a DR.

Stearman is cack and I have sold Hill. Insua won't come on loan again and Mattock has gone to Celtic.

Little doesnt cut it at this level

im in the prem with wolves and my full backs and james mceveley and kevin mcnaughton from cardiff..playing very well so far..mceveley was my player of the year last year

Ive heard of some people buying Cristian Molinaro for cheap. Also Marvin Angulo Bourbon looks good on the right flank. Maybe Luciano Civelli if he develops nicely.

Check the loans and transfer lists of course, and look for freebies early on before their contract ends. you wanna tie them up before others get to them.

About to start a Wolves game.

Wondering who to sell initially - probably one of the strikers (gonna bring Aquino in), as well as trying to build a quality defence.

Suggestions?

ive sold ebanks blake..david jones...stearman hill..collins and jarvis..got me a good amount of money!...bring in lewandowski-1million...take his time to adjust but when hes paired with andy keogh your guranteed 50+ goals between the 2 of them!sign james mcevely from derby for about 400k!quality!!

I got rid of Gray, Potter, D Ward, and S Ward straight away. Getting the wages down was the main thing, wasnt too concerned at the profit.

Has anyone found a decent DC? I missed out on Lequi, and i cant find anyone else whose good enough who'll come to Wolves. Ive checked the transfer list, ive checked loans, ive looked around loads of eastern european and south american countries, but still nothing.

I got rid of Gray, Potter, D Ward, and S Ward straight away. Getting the wages down was the main thing, wasnt too concerned at the profit.

Has anyone found a decent DC? I missed out on Lequi, and i cant find anyone else whose good enough who'll come to Wolves. Ive checked the transfer list, ive checked loans, ive looked around loads of eastern european and south american countries, but still nothing.

Get Tordoya, he's performing fairly well for me, and still has time to develop.

Also, if you want a quality scout, get Dave Harrison from Leeds, JPP 16, JPA 19, 600 quid/week.

EDIT: Hennessy's one-on-ones are terrible, he's conceding to 35-yard lobs from players who break through. Can anyone find a way to fix this, or do I just swap him with Fernandez and be done with it?

Tordoya has random stats, and its just my luck that he's useless in my game. As for Beevers, he doesnt look too convincing for me, although his potential could make it a good long term buy.

Kightly and Jarvis keep getting niggling injuries for me, so ive agreed to buy Franck Guela for £1m in January. He's a left winger who can play anywhere attacking, not the greatest but he has what he needs - pace, dribbling, crossing, and at 22 he'll be a decent short term option.

Ive also been looking for potential Premiership targets early on, with my eyes on Richard (Khimki), Mota (Seongnam), Nikola Kalinic, Elyaniv Barda, Mickael Tavares and James McCarthy to name a few. Im also checking on Victor Wanyama. A 17 year old Kenyan midfielder, cant pass the ball or tackle to save his life, but could be converted to a great target man. His movement and finishing is good, and he's got the pace, strength and aerial ability to always be a threat. Keep your eyes open for him...and hope his stats arent random in each game too.

Ok, end of the first transfer window. I'm also trying to get Craig Conway from Dundee Utd to cover my right flank as Kightly doesn't seem to last the full 90 in what is a very demanding role in my 4-4-2.

WolvesAugust2008transfers.jpg

So, my lineup:

GK: Hennessey/Fernandez (rotating)

DR: Stearman

DL: Hill/Daniel Jones

DC: Shackell

DC: Tordoya

ML: Eduardo

MR: Kightly

MC: David Jones

MC: Henry

ST: Ebanks-Blake

ST: Iwelhuno

S1: Hennessey/Fernandez

S2: Moses

S3: Vigurs

S4: Lecjaks

S5: Davies

One other note: Been playing Vokes as the target man, but he got hurt against Charlton.

So far:

Wolves 0 - 0 Derby

Barnet 0 - 2 Wolves League Cup 1st Round

Charlton 0 - 0 Wolves

Wolves 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

Table:

1st Ipswich W2/D1/L0

2nd QPR 2/1/0

3rd Norwich 2/0/1

4th Bristol 2/0/1

5th Preston 2/0/1

6th Sheff Utd 1/2/0

-------------------

8th Wolves 1/2/0

-------------------

22nd Southampton 0/1/2

23rd Burnley 0/1/2

24th Coventry 0/1/2

first season finished and got promoted in second place, made numerous changes to the squad the purchases were as follows

don cowie

seleznyov

abreu

binya

borges

masilela

abou trika

lewandowski

tordoya

and sold

hennessey 5m citeh

kightly 3.7 mill leeds

matt jarvis 1 mil palace

playing 4-1-2-1-2 formation with binya holding and borges attacking

sent mascio off on loan to cska and he is beasting the russian league

eugene selezynov is AMAZING for me - even with 3 months off with a hip injury mid season still finished top goalscorer his record was 38 apps 23 goals 17 assists 9 mom av rate 7.40

trika on the left was worth the 3 million

abreu on a free is a must and can do a job in the championship for one season banged n 20 goals for me 33 now at end of season and only on one year contract so will release

lets see if i am in the championship again next season

I am strugling 2nd season after promotion to PL.

I bought:

Keirrison - poor start keeps getting injured

Willians Santana - fantastic

Davide Santon - too young yet

Guilherme - left back doing ok ish

Allessandri Tuia - OFTF

Enyeama - free for Juve!!

I am struggling for consistency big time. I am using a 4132 defensive tactic adapted from Reo

Mascio is my star. Bought for 50k 1st season and now rejecting bids of over £3m

Those who sell Jarvo are silly. He's fantastic, jusr runs down the wing and pings in a ball.

Set Makakula as target man to head. Bored of fm 2009 already and havent got past January once. But with my Wolves save, SEB and Makakula are both hitting 15 by November, Kites and Jarvo are on fire and Stearman is a rock.

I try to keep the team as real as possible, not buying random players from all over the shop. Keeping it young and British is the way tp go

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. are an English football club playing at Molineux Stadium. Usually referred to by a shortened version of its name, Wolves, the club is known in the UK for its distinctive team colours and long history.

Molineux Stadium is situated on Waterloo Road and has four stands, three named after players who have become legendary at the club - Billy Wright, Steve Bull and Stan Cullis and one after a former director called Jack Harris. The John Ireland Stand (now the Steve Bull Stand) was built in the late 1970s, the other three stands were added in the early 1990s.

The European Cup competition itself was brought about due to Wolves playing against top European sides in the 1950s. They were founder members of the Football League and before the outbreak of World War I they had won the FA Cup twice. But Wolves really established themselves as a top side under the management of Stan Cullis after the Second World War. They were league champions three times and FA Cup winners twice between 1949 and 1960. Wolves have yet to match the successes of the Stan Cullis era, although they did contest the UEFA Cup final in 1971 against Tottenham Hotspur and won the League Cup in 1974 under Bill McGarry and again in 1980 under John Barnwell. Since 1984 they have spent just one season in the top division.

On 9 August 2007, businessman Steve Morgan finally completed a protracted takeover of the club for £10 in return for a £30million investment into the club, ending Sir Jack Hayward's 17 year reign. After last season's surprising play-off finish, manager Mick McCarthy has stated that this season "automatic promotion has to be the aim".

First Team Squad

Goalkeeper:

1 Matt Murray

30 Carl Ikeme

31 Wayne Hennessey

Defender:

3 Neill Collins

5 Richard Stearman

6 Jody Craddock

15 Mark Little

18 Matthew Hill

22 Jason Shackell

28 George Friend

32 Kevin Foley

33 Michael Gray

40 George Elokobi

Michael Mancienne )loanee)

Midfielder:

4 David Edwards

Carlos Edwards

7 Michael Kightly

8 Karl Henry

14 Darren Potter

14 David Jones

16 Mark Davies

17 Matthew Jarvis

31 Mark Salmon

38 Lewis Gobern -

Denes Rosa

Striker:

9 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

10 Andrew Keogh

11 Stephen Ward

18 Sam Vokes

19 Chris Iwelumo

31 Ashley Hemmings (my cousin goes to school with this guy and he says he hs an immense talent!)

37 Liam Hughes

On Loan:

2 Darren Ward (to Watford) 17 Stephen Gleeson (to Stockport) 21 Daniel Jones (to Oldham) 35 Elliott Bennett (to Bury) 36 Lee Collins (to Port Vale)

Club Information

Year Founded: 1877

Chairman Status: Steve Morgan - Loves the club

Favoured Personnel: Matt Murray, Robbie Keane

Fierce Rivals: West Brom

Other Rivals: Birmingham, Aston Villa, Walsall, Stoke

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £13m

Stadium: Molineux, Wolverhampton

Stadium Capacity: 28525 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch Dimaentions: Length - 107m, Width - 68m

Reserve Stadium: New Bucks Head, Telford

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities + Youth academy

Media Prediction: 2nd

Squad Average Age: 24

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Karl Henry

Many thanks to Cereal_Dave for this

The opening post would look a lot better if you added the wolves badge wolves2.gif

UPDATE: End of November.

Results

LOSS on Penalties 2-2 vs Leicester (League Cup 2nd Round)

WIN 1-0 vs Watford

WIN 2-0 vs Blackpool

DRAW 2-2 vs Barnsley

WIN 2-1 vs Ipswich

WIN 3-0 vs Plymouth

WIN 1-0 vs Coventry

WIN 3-2 vs Cardiff

Table

1st QPR 9/3/1 +9

2nd Wolves 8/3/2 +10

3rd Reading 8/1/4 +15

4th Crystal Palace 7/3/3 +7

5th Sheff Utd 6/5/2 +4

6th Southampton 6/4/3 +5

-----------------------------

22nd Nottm Forest 3/1/9 -12

23rd Coventry 1/5/7 -8

24th Doncaster 1/5/7 -9

Promoted 1st season. Finished 6th place on last day of the season. Beat Sheffield United 1-0 semi finals. Beat Derby 3-0 in the final.

Transfer ins:

Ben Holmes (250k)

Carlos Tordoya (250k)

Mascio (100k)

Richard Kingson (loan)

Ronald Huth (loan)

Jan Lecjaks (1mil)

Transfers out:

Darren Potter (85k)

Darren Ward (180k)

Denes Rosa (10k)

Wayne Hennessey (3.2mil)

Sam Vokes (825k)

Lewis Gobern (140k)

Stephen Ward (220k)

Liverpool my parent club, not much use :p

Not really enjoying this game as much as I hoped. On another note I am really pleased to see that Ebanks-Blake can manage 48 goals in one season.

Hopefully things will shape up to be a better game.

Ebanks-Blake seems to be the only player who can score for my Wolves team. first season he was championship top scorer with 33, then 21 goals in my first EPL season helped us stay up.So far in the 3rd season he has 18 goals in 15 games :D, but wants to move to a bigger club.

Daniel Sturridge and Robert Lewandowski are my other 2 strikers, and between them they couldn't hit a barn door. Lewandowski has 6 goals and 4 assists in 44 appearances for the club, and then states he is too good for us and wants to move! the only reason why i keep him is because i can't afford to purchase anyone else at the moment, but come January he can get on his bike and screw up someone else's season.

Give people time to gel into the team, and keep playing them. Makukula was awful for me, but now he's scored 10 goals in January and February. He's fitting in with the system, and he's got basic english now, so everythings starting to fit nicely.

Im just beginning March in my first season now, 16 points clear at the top. Im still not happy with my defence as i dont get many clean sheets, but im scoring bucket loads so its ok for now. Ive won 28, drawn 6, lost 0. I regret signing Guela now. My reason for buying him was because of my injury problems on the wings, but now no one seems to be getting injured so it feels like a waste of money. The fans were uneasy at his signing, and he's been injured himself a couple of times already. Bad judgement on my half.

I signed Michael Morton in January for £50k, a young, versatile holding midfielder. His solid defensively, with good strength and aerial ability. Im converting him to a DC, and can provide backup in midfield. Some of his mental stats are a little low, but they increase with age anyway, and at this price he cant be all bad.

Restarted with 9.2.0 update....it's been good.

So far (in GBP):

Outs:

Salmon, Mark (Loan)

Potter, Darren (Burnley, $85k)

Gray, Michael (QPR, $60k)

Collins, Neill (Crystal Palace, $325k)

Rosa, Denes (Shrewsbury, $50k)

Davies, Mark (Bristol City, $275k)

Hughes, Liam (Loan)

Ward, Stephen (Burnley, $220k)

Ins:

Lecjaks, Jan ($450k) - He's a D/WBL in 9.2.0, solves that problem!

Mascio ($50k) - GOD OF MIDFIELDERS

Tordoya, Carlos ($350k) - Extremely strong at the back

Makukula, Ariza ($120k) - scored ALL OF MY GOALS, 6 in 4 in Championship including a hattrick against Preston.

Beevers, Mark ($2.3mil) - Not justified yet, unfortunately.

Binya ($55k) - Hasn't been performing.

Ochirrossi, Ravan ($1.9mil) - Brought in as a cover for Jarvo, and I'm going to transfer-list Jarvo in January.

To find:

- A AM/MR for the right flank with some stamina - while Kightly is v. good, Edwards is not, and that way I can dispose of him.

- A backup GK for loan until Murray comes back.

- Probably another CB.

Archived