FM 2009 Official Wolves Thread - I used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright noooooowwwww

Tezread

He's been inconsistent for me, but he's still my top scorer with about 25 goals in march. He goes through spells a lot and misses lots of chances, but he keeps on getting more chances purely because of his pace, and he's bound to score in the end. I think he struggles when teams sit back, as he doesnt have good enough stats to play through.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks awesome! Did he come through the ranks, or did you buy him? I could do with a player exactly like that right now.

And to an earlier post, i agree everyone should keep Vokes. I stuck him in my reserves and forgot about him for 6 months as i thought he wasnt good enough. His stats kept creeping up tho, and when Iwelumo got injured, i gave him a small run of games. Since then his stats have gone up even more. He's now good as a target man with his jumping increased, and he's a good finisher. He's good at poaching goals and linking up play, and he just needs to improve his movement to be a good premier league striker.

finished 1st season - promoted as runners up.

Signed:

Choi Sung-Kook Seongnam £900K*

Lewandowski, Robert Lech £1M

Kadlec, Vaclav Sparta Prague Free

Sylvestre, Ludovic Mlada Boleslav £400K

Strestik, Marek Brno £1.2M*

* found these guys to be bargains-think of a left sided kightly(checked the editor and he's -8 so he might not be as good)

second season signed:

sturridge free

bullard free

Lita free

tozer 1.5m

kadar 1.5m

ben haim 4.1m

James Vaughan 4.8m

have played 2 won 2 in the prem so far

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolvesteamxz7.png

Started as Wolves and I am in November; My current first 11 looks like this -

4-5-1

Goalkeeper - Wayne Hennessy

Left Back - Emiliano Insua

Right Back - Richard Stearman

Centre Back - Neill Collins

Centre Back - Mariusz Lewandowski

Centre Midfield - Celso Borges

Centre Midfield - Karl Henry

Centre Midfield - Sergey Krivets

Left Winger - Leonardo

Right Winger - Michael Kightly

Striker - Ariza Makukula

I'm doing pretty well atm, and I am second, behind the unstoppable Reading, who are unbeaten; and who beat me 5-3. :(

I won the League and the League cup in my first season with a squad consisting of mostly current wolves players in a bog standard 4-4-2 with a little and large striker force combo.

GK: 1.) Hennessey 2.) Murray

DR: 1.) Stearman 3.)Foley

DL: 1.) Hill 2.) Elokobi

DC: 1.) Berra 2.) Shackell

DC: 1.) St Ledger 2.) Collins

MR: 1.) Kightly 2.) Jarvis

ML: 1.) Jarvis 2.)Aquino

MCd: 1.) Karl Henry 2.) Bodde (In january Somoza became first choice here)

MCa: 1.) David Edwards 2.) Bodde

TM: 1.)Iwelumo 2.) Vokes

CF: 1.) Ebanks-Blake 2.) Aquino

The top 2 scorers in the League were Iwelumo and Ebanks-Blake and the top assisters were Kightly, Jarvis and Aquino. Currently 9th in premier league in October and drawn in a very tough Ueffa Cup group, with my only loss of the season so far at Old Trafford.

Right guys just a quick update for my Wolves game, I am using the 9.01 patch

Transfers so far

wolvestransferswk5.jpg

w640.png

So far so good I am just using the default 4 5 1 attacking formation with the wide players pushed up so they become AMR and AML.

I have about 1.5 million pounds still to spend. So could you guys recommend any potential signings and any players I should get rid of as my squad is quite big now.

Here is my squad and reserves

wolvessquadat3.th.jpg

wolvesreservesny0.th.jpg

Cheers

hi all

i'm stlill playing.

am 8th in the prem in my second season by Nov 1st

started very well- was 3rd or 4th at the end of sept.Sturridge and vaughan have been in great form

my form is not great, but i have drawn games that i should have lost so that is something i suppose.

atm i have a weak central midfield - appiah, Ludovic Sylvestre, Bullard, Da Costa and David Jones. I believe these are all not good enough to compete in the PL. so i'll be using my large transfer funds (2m) to try to improve this. Am looking at Sissoko from Toulouse

Hi All

First time i am going to publish my story lol

Bare with me, anything you want to know let me know.

First of all, transfers.

transfersqm0.th.jpg

I knew my main area i would need to improve was defence. Elokobi is a god at left back for me and so is stearman as a right back. so centre backs i brought in Waldo Ponce and Rolando Schiavi, these two have solid stats and should stop the goals.

I brought in two new strikers in the much talked about Makukula and his benfica team mate Mantorras. Two quality strikers.

I intended to sell Jarvo due to the interest he recieves and me thinking i would need the funds. luckily i didnt and was still able to afford a brilliant left winger in William Paredes. And finally in came Binya for a measley 55k good holding midfielder for the tougher games.

The rest of my transfers are youngsters my scouts have picked out from europe.

No major reportings in pre season apart from Makukula scored 3 in 7 and Mantorras scored 5 in 5 - good partnership forming.

Tactics

Not much to say really, simple formation, no player settings. tbh i have neglected the team instructions too.

Results

After 11 games, 8 league, 3 cup.

resultsoq7.th.jpg

Table

leaguemk4.th.jpg

Really pleased last bit of information im sure your all waiting for, my players stats;

playersjs4.th.jpg

Makukulu is my top scorer with 7 in the league. 2nd in the scoring charts though behind non other Andy Keogh 8 in 7 :/

P.s. Ebanks Blake has broke his leg out for 5 months and Mantorras is only just returning from injury, but no complaints so far.

Any comments welcome

in my first season with wolves, currently 2nd, sold kightly straight off to fund more depth, fabian delph is brilliant (800k) SEB is amazing, got a young nigerian left back called inuwa only 19 and coach reckons he has potential to be better than insua (loan) my other left back, got aaron mclean (1m) and a lithuanian striker from rangers, bargin buy terry cooke from colorado (14k), got henri lansbury (loan) from arsenal, possebon (loan) from united, brought in walter lopez from west ham, jason brown from blackburn (900k) backup for hennessey.

first team

hennessey

pierre-doumbe (celtic), stearman, shackell, insua (liverpool, loan)

cooke (colorado), delph (leeds), davies, lopez (west ham)

SEB, aaron mclean (peterbrough)

Playing as Wolves (as always) in my second season was promoted in second place last year on 108 points behind Reading who finished on an amazing 118 and were pretty much unbeatable even though Coppell left for Portsmouth halfway through the season and Dave Jones took over.

As I'm not sitting in front of my home computer and haven't got all the names in front of me. I sold some of the deadwood such as potter, both the Wards, Iwelumo (in the transfer window) etc and bought in a fair few bargain basement players including:

Michael Ciceres (sp??) DC

Tordoya DC

Makukula ST (a must)

Binya DMC MC (a great defensive midfielder)

Insea (Bolivian can play anywhere across the midfield)

Borges AMC

There were others but i'll have to look them up at home.

Kightly was fantastic when fit, Ebanks was top scorer in the league, Makukula again brilliant scored 15 goals.

Jarvis was great on the left.

My main team was:

Hennessey

Stearman Tordoya / Shackell Ciceres Elekobi

Kightly Borges Henry / Binya Jarvis

Makukula Blake

Halfway through the premier league and bought in Razran Rat (Roland Rat in my head) at left back a young left winger called traouri (will again check spelling later) who is good and has the potential to be a leading star. Also bought beevers as cover for DC and a young striker called Christanous who is for the future. Also got a young lad from Manu U who can play Dr / DL as cover. Sold a few more deadwood players such as Jones MC who to be honest i never really gance a chance to.

Mid table at the moment and doing ok but my conclusions on original players so far:

Kightly: very good in the premier League attracting a lot of interest and performs well with a lot of assists regularly.

Blake: Top class leading goal scorer in the prem at the moment, again is going to be tough to keep him because of the interest shown.

Jarvis: bnot really good enough for prem need to offload

Stearman: good in the prem just a little too slow at times but well worth keeping

Henry: performs well for me in central midfield worth kepping but there is better out there (my club captain)

Keogh: went on a great run when in the championship and makukula was injured earning himself a new contract. Should have sold him as his finishing is too poor for the prem. He misses too many of the chances that are a lot fewer in the prem.

Vokes: one for the future maybe

Of the players I brought in:

Both centre backs are ok. I think I need to strengthen in that department as soon as I have more funds. They both ship too many goals but I do play a fairly attacking system. I think I could be more of a contender if I had better.

Insea: not good enough for the prem but great in Championship as cover across midlfield.

Borges: a goodish Prem player but will eventually have to be replaced with better.

Makukula: Good prem striker, scored over 10 goals already and attracting interested from bigger teams.

I've been ripped apart a couple of times by the big teams such as Manu at old trafford and Chelsea at home and get fustrated by the number of times I get done for pace with balls over the top of my defence and silly mistakes by one of my defenders.

I've just bought a young dutch player (wiljahim sp????) who can play anywhere across the middle and has the potential to be a prem star so will let you know how he gets on.

In the meantime if anyone knows any good cheap central defenders, let me know. :)

Right Guys end of season update!

League Table

leaguetablevx5.th.jpg

League Stats

leaguestatswr9.th.jpg

Player Stats

playerstatsfr4.th.jpg

End of season Transfers

transfersendcs1.th.jpg

So a very good season in all. To the promise land we go!

Anyone got advice for me on gaining promotion?

You seem to have bought a lot more than me originally but i found that my defence needs strengthening far more than any other area especially DC.

Ebanks and Makukula can both cut it in the prem (in fact blake is currently leading scorer with Makukula a few behind). Kightly definitely worth keeping as he provides a lot of assists and has a high average rating. Henry is worth keeping and stearman makes a great right back.

just out of interest what transfer budget have they given you for the prem? I hadn'y spent a lot in the first year expecting a big budget to stay up only to be given £6.5mill. Also what tactics do you use? Mine is a modified attacking 442. It provides lots of goals but my defenders are not good / quick enough to cope so I ship far too many goals and many of them due to defender error.

Mr Mustard - I am using the 4-5-1 attacking the default one just removed man marking from my centre backs. Im just rotating Ebanks-Blake and Makukula. I have been given a 12 million budget for the premier league which I was pretty happy with considering I said I would avoid relegation.

Fabian Delph I think he had a great season for me Ill post a screen shot of him when I get time. I would have signed him 1st season if your gonna buy him so he can improve a lot earlier.

Can anyone recommend players to help me survive my first season in the premier league?

I'm not sure how good your players that you bought season 1 are so its hard to recommend from my signings. When I get home I'll grab the proper names but there's a young dutch midfielder could Wimhajim (not right spelling) I think he plays for wither ajax or feyenoord reserves that is proving to be a great player. Also a left midfielder called traouri (will check spelling) i picked up for £800k is a good player.

Makukula and Blake can both cut it as can Kightly, stearman, Henry and Borges. The central defenders I bought in season one are just coping and Ii need better. There's a guy called Leo from Brazil I scouted that looks amazing. Unfortunately he isn't cheap and my entire transfer budget wouldn't have bought him. My scouts have recommended Leonardo another brazilian defender who can play left back DM CM AM as well but again I ran out of money as he isn't cheap 9not same ball park as Leo though.

First thing I'd do is sort out your Scouts and coaches if you haven't already. Getting a couple of new scouts is worth the wages I did a search for them with min attributes of 15 for both player ability and potential and sent them on scouting missions and thats how I found the midfielders above.

Keogh is ok as backup as is Vokes. Edwards makes a passable prem player but don't bank on him.

I got delph in season one... his stats don't seem to have gone up that much (season 3, 1st go at prem) but he's playing pretty decently for me now at Left midfield.

How about some definite Wolves buys?

Makukula 120k for me

Appiah free!

Beevers, 2.5?

Makukula Definately bought for 120k now worth £5million in second season after playing well in prem.

Beevers. Just bought him in second season and he is being used as backup with a fair few appearances. Too early to say if good purchase or not.

I would add Binya at 55k as well. very consistent defensive midfielder.

just started a wolves game up, not a wolves fan but thought i'd give em a go!

Bought smertin, binya, delorge and insua on loan for the season, still looking for some players

sold jarvis for 400k, also looking to get rid of a fair few including foley gobern ward caraddock

Got promoted after winning the league first season :)

Currently won 1, drawn 1, lost 1 in the Prem, got robbed against West Ham, Jonathan bloody Spector of all people scored a 35 yarder in the 92nd minute after we'd hit the post 3 times at 1-0.

Squad:

GK: Hennessey, Murray, Makaridze (out on loan)

DL: Ball (free from Man City season 2), Hill, a Mexican regen who's out on loan

DC: Andreasen (2.3m from relegated Fulham), Andronic

DC: N'Koulou (3.9m), Tordoya

DR: Stearman, Foley

AML: Leonardo, Fleck (2.2m)

MC: Borysiuk, Delph

DMC: Zuculini, Henry

AMR: Ljajic (3.5m, joins in January), Eduardo Salvio

FC: Makukula

FC: Lewandowski (1.4m), Ebanks-Blake

Hopefully I survive in the Prem this season, then make a push for Europe in season 3 (my midfield and defence are gonna improve shedloads this season, they're all young and quality).

Any advice or whatever is appreciated :)

Another update from me. Finished my first season now, and won the league with a massive 117 points. I only lost one game in the league, and that was the one before last! Absolutely gutted me. My defence was still shakey throughout the season, but my goalscoring just kept me going. Ebanks-Blake went off form towards the end, but Makukula was on fire. Vokes started to pitch in with some good displays, despite not getting many goals. His stats are on the increase tho and he just looks better and better all the time.

So to the transfer window. I had about £2m spare from the first season so i wanted to spend it while i can before my new budget.

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - £1.3m - pretty well known, gives me the creativity the team lacks

Victor Wanyama - £80k - 17 year old, im retraining him to be a beast of a target man

John Goossens - £650k - retrained to ML, back up on the flank and brings great technical ability to the squad

Ikechukwu Uche - £1.1m - absolute bargain. wasnt interested in my contract offer but accepted it anyway! great when fit

Cristian Landu - £350k - young DM, looks like he could develop into a good all round holding midfielder

I was given my budget later on, and i set my goal as 'top half finish' which i thought was realistic, and was given £18m. So now my defence needed tightening up, finally! In comes Andriy Rusol for £4.7m, and Bakary Soumare for £1.5m. Both solid signings and an improvement to the team. At right back, i got Marvin Angulo Bourbon for £500k. It took me about 6 attempts to get him as he couldnt get a work permit. Luckily, he was playing internationals in the summer, so i kept trying again after each game he played. Got him in the end! And finally i got Jorge Ribero at £1.5m to slot in at left back.

My outgoings include:

Lucian Sanmartean - £600k - kept getting injured, wanted him off the wage bill

Mark Little - £400k

Chris Iwelumo - £200k

Kevin Foley - £1m

Eduardo - £4.7m - he's overrated, and i made a nice profit when replacing him with Ribero

George Friend - £300k

Michael Kightly - £4.4m plus - kept getting niggling injuries, and his stats arent all that good. the money was good so i let him go

Now then, Premier League results so far:

Chelsea 0-2 Wolves - they had more posession, but i had just as many chances as them

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves - again i had some decent chances, but i couldnt handle their attack movement

Wolves 3-0 Fulham

Wolves 1-0 Bolton

Blackburn 0-2 Wolves

West Ham 0-2 Wolves

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham

As you can see, plenty of clean sheets which is just what i wanted. Im top of the league by one point, and i cant really ask for any more. Dave Jones is playing rubbish and will be sold in January, so i'll be looking for a backup playmaker. Maybe a right winger too with an end product.

Current team:

GK: Murray

DR: Angulo

DC: Soumare

DC: Rusol

DL: Ribero

MR: Jarvis

MC: Binya

MC: Skjelbred

ML: Aquino

ST: Makukula

ST: Ebanks-Blake

Theres a nice balance to the team, big man/little man, attacking full backs, balanced midfield. My focus now will be scouting around for youth players to continue long term success.

Ok I'm in front of my home computer:

The young left midfielder is: Abdou Razack Traore (with an accented e on the end) very good left winger

Young Dutch midfielder is: Georginio Wijnaldum from Feyenoord

Just won the League cup in the final against Chelsea. They absolutely dominated the match with all the highlights being them making shots and hitting the woodwork 3 times. I expected to get hammered whilst watching only for Blake to popin with the winner on 88 mins :) Hennessey got man of the match and I had to chuckle at the result.

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. are an English football club playing at Molineux Stadium. Usually referred to by a shortened version of its name, Wolves, the club is known in the UK for its distinctive team colours and long history.

Molineux Stadium is situated on Waterloo Road and has four stands, three named after players who have become legendary at the club - Billy Wright, Steve Bull and Stan Cullis and one after a former director called Jack Harris. The John Ireland Stand (now the Steve Bull Stand) was built in the late 1970s, the other three stands were added in the early 1990s.

The European Cup competition itself was brought about due to Wolves playing against top European sides in the 1950s. They were founder members of the Football League and before the outbreak of World War I they had won the FA Cup twice. But Wolves really established themselves as a top side under the management of Stan Cullis after the Second World War. They were league champions three times and FA Cup winners twice between 1949 and 1960. Wolves have yet to match the successes of the Stan Cullis era, although they did contest the UEFA Cup final in 1971 against Tottenham Hotspur and won the League Cup in 1974 under Bill McGarry and again in 1980 under John Barnwell. Since 1984 they have spent just one season in the top division.

On 9 August 2007, businessman Steve Morgan finally completed a protracted takeover of the club for £10 in return for a £30million investment into the club, ending Sir Jack Hayward's 17 year reign. After last season's surprising play-off finish, manager Mick McCarthy has stated that this season "automatic promotion has to be the aim".

First Team Squad

Goalkeeper:

1 Matt Murray

30 Carl Ikeme

31 Wayne Hennessey

Defender:

3 Neill Collins

5 Richard Stearman

6 Jody Craddock

15 Mark Little

18 Matthew Hill

22 Jason Shackell

28 George Friend

32 Kevin Foley

33 Michael Gray

40 George Elokobi

Michael Mancienne )loanee)

Midfielder:

4 David Edwards

Carlos Edwards

7 Michael Kightly

8 Karl Henry

14 Darren Potter

14 David Jones

16 Mark Davies

17 Matthew Jarvis

31 Mark Salmon

38 Lewis Gobern -

Denes Rosa

Striker:

9 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

10 Andrew Keogh

11 Stephen Ward

18 Sam Vokes

19 Chris Iwelumo

31 Ashley Hemmings (my cousin goes to school with this guy and he says he hs an immense talent!)

37 Liam Hughes

On Loan:

2 Darren Ward (to Watford) 17 Stephen Gleeson (to Stockport) 21 Daniel Jones (to Oldham) 35 Elliott Bennett (to Bury) 36 Lee Collins (to Port Vale)

Club Information

Year Founded: 1877

Chairman Status: Steve Morgan - Loves the club

Favoured Personnel: Matt Murray, Robbie Keane

Fierce Rivals: West Brom

Other Rivals: Birmingham, Aston Villa, Walsall, Stoke

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £13m

Stadium: Molineux, Wolverhampton

Stadium Capacity: 28525 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch Dimaentions: Length - 107m, Width - 68m

Reserve Stadium: New Bucks Head, Telford

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities + Youth academy

Media Prediction: 2nd

Squad Average Age: 24

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Karl Henry

Many thanks to Cereal_Dave for this

Mate as concerns Ashley Hemmings your cousin is right i used to play up front with him for my dads team before Wolves took him i'm mates with him aswell his so underated on this game especially his pace his got it to burn. When i went to school with him we played in a tornument at wednesfield high and in the final every time he got the ball they were just tryin to chop him down SI need to sort it out abit tbf

Finished first Premiership season in a very respectable 8th place. Ebanks was just pipped for the golden boot after a 2 month injury and a run by Drogba.

I won the League Cup so have qualified for Europe. One thing to remember (I haven't played FM for a few iterations so forgot) is the home grown player rules for european competition where you need at least 4 players who trained with you for 3 years or more whilst whipper snappers and at least 8 who trained in England. Therefore Kightly cannot be sold and Hennessey & Murray are being retained.

The board were very pleased with me and gave me £24 million transfer kitty as well as expanding the stadium by 14000 seats. I do need a top half finish though else my necks on the block.

I bought in Leo from Brazil for £11 million DC (looks absolute quality but I've only just started the season and he's out for a month :(

Unbelievably Spurs came in with a £9.5million transfer for Razlan Rat (good old Roland) which was just too good to turn down. So sold him on which displeased Makukula for some reason?

So I went out and bought Leonardo from Brazil (Gremio I think) for £10 million. He can play DL, DC, DM, AML, AM and looks a quality player also. Will now mainly be using him DL & DC alongside Leo.

Also bough in a Scottish midfielder called Robertson (will check firstname when at home) another one my scouts found. Tried to get him at the beginning of the last season but he opted for spurs for 500k, they didn't play him at all and offered him to me for same fee a year later. Scouts still highly rater him so got him in.

Got Edu a Brazillian Striker and AM (will be played as a striker) on a free - Looks to be a bit of a steal so far.

Finally got fed up of Keogh's inconsistency so sold him on for just under £4million (this upset Binya????). I've replaced him with a young Turkish Striker who is good now put has the potential to be a leading star (wil get his name when home) For more or less the same i got for Keogh.

Final bit of business so far is for a young dutch Midfielder called Snjieder (will check spelling) from Ajax for £1million. Again he is one for the future.

I have quite a bit of cover now but some old signings such as Deac and insea are getting restless so may have to be sold or loaned out.

so far I have played two euro cup matches against pub sides that i demolished and have just played my first prem game at home against Man U which I won 4-3 :)

Will keep you posted. i think I've now got a lot more quality throughout the squad which will be needed with the extra matches the Euro cup seems to be piling on. Next match is my second prem game at home to West Brom who seem to have cemented themselves as a mid premiership side. They just bought a very good striker who I had scouted but the club were asking for more than i was willing to pay. I've got over £9million left in transfer funds but am holding on to that at the moment as I'm reasonable happy with the squad and want to see how my new signings get on for January.

I'm playing a modified 442 that's fairly attack minded. I play around with a few but the best with a bit of tweaking is the Gnap tactics. I normally fiddle around with them as they have a lot of individual player instructions but seem to be very good.

I'm having a bit of trouble with squad harmony for the first time at the moment. Mainly because Makukula was unhappy I sold Rat and Binya unhappy I sold Keogh. Then Kightly is unhappy that I rejected an offer for him from Liverpool and a couple of other players are complaining about first team chances.

I need to keep hold of kightly at the moment for the Home grown rule in Euro cup and also the fact he is a leading prem star and Liverpool offered 12 mill over about 3 years.

Oh well, results are still coming my way at the moment but I have a couple of players unhappy at lack of squad harmony.

Right guys here is my update from my first season in the prem. Im half way through the season and here is the league table

leaguetablepremxl6.th.jpg

Very pleasing to see, I'm hoping now I can get a European spot which in my first season of the big time I will be very happy. The 4 games I have lost have been to Arsenal at home 4-1, Man City away 1-2, Newcastle home 3-2 and Chelsea away 2-1. All in all im happy so far.

Here is my transfers

transfersprempd6.th.jpg

Some players there have been performing very well. The likes of Joe Ledley and Rusol have been a big part of my squad. Here is my squad

squadpremev3.th.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Do you think I could improve anywhere?

Cheers

What budget have you got left?

I'd probably wait till next season as the board will give you a large kitty for doing so well. If the do, have a look for a Brazilian defender called Leo from Gremio. Costs an arm and a leg but he has been immense for me so far this season. I'm currently top but its only 7 games in ;) I'm also topping my group in the Euro cup after a couple of matches in the group stage.

Also look out for a Brazilian AM ST called Edu as I managed to pick him up on a free from Betis and he is performing well so far, he does look a bit jaundiced in the 3D match engine though :)

One thing I am still getting is unrest in the squad, anyone get any ideas on what to do about it?

Archived