Mr B's Transfer Update 3/9/08

Bennett07

Basically the pre-game editor only can edit soo much of the transfer and balance.

In game editoers are a beetter bet

Although i have ticked sugar daddy for the new owners, so im sure if yiu spent the transfer budget and requested more it would be grante.

sureley if u make their budget and balance £1000000000000000 then ur unlimited funds would be avaliable

also man city arnt in euorpe i dont think

The game does not allow it to be higher than £2 billion approx and the editor will not allow you to put anywhere near £2 billion.

MR B good job on your update but how can you justify man city such a low transfer kitty, all the papers stated hughes has over 380 mil to spend.

So i think in all reality + speculation you should give them 200mil to spend and a balance of 350mil with sugar daddy.

Yes, but that money is the owners, not the clubs, and as yet there's no way other than sugar daddy to replicate owners pouring money in regularly.

It's simply not realistic to give the club the bank balance of the owner. The business and the rich boys toy are two very different financial entities, much like Chelsea who's now been told Kenyon needs to start making a profit.

Well. Here's another one for you:

Fixed Hearts

Woohoo, didnt honestly think you would have taken note of my post regarding Hearts, so thanks very much.

I should have also added that in the last twelve months approx £12m in transfer fee's (Craig Gordon to Sunderland and Roman Bednar to West Brom) have came in and there has been a reshuffle of the debt which took a further £12m off.........not sure if you can alter the finances that much - its the biggest bugbear I have when playing a Hearts save as the 'chairman loans' are shocking and really affect the clubs finances - I think it works out to being about £250k a month comes off you balance....which is hard to counteract with selling the best players!!!

Don't worry about that though....but I really hope its been taken into consideration in the new FM09.

Again thanks for your update...great work!

ok got it working by selecting default database not sure if all the changes from 8.0.2 are there can someone maybe confirm this, but i have picked dundee utd and there team is all wrong,

1. Jim O'Briens Loan finished at end of season and he now plays for motherwell

2. Colin Cameron Signed For Dundee Not Dundee Utd

3. Mark Devries Contract Was Short term and not renewed and has left

4. Eric Odhiambo Was on loan until end of season and has now left

5. Euan Mclean was released and now plays for St Johnstone

6. Andis Shala Was Signed

7. Willo Flood and Roy O'Donovan Were Signed on 1 year loan deals

8. Francisco Sandaza was signed

9. Kevin Smith also signed 1 year deal and has gone to raith on loan

Think that is all

ok got it working by selecting default database not sure if all the changes from 8.0.2 are there can someone maybe confirm this, but i have picked dundee utd and there team is all wrong,

1. Jim O'Briens Loan finished at end of season and he now plays for motherwell

2. Colin Cameron Signed For Dundee Not Dundee Utd

3. Mark Devries Contract Was Short term and not renewed and has left

4. Eric Odhiambo Was on loan until end of season and has now left

5. Euan Mclean was released and now plays for St Johnstone

6. Andis Shala Was Signed

7. Willo Flood and Roy O'Donovan Were Signed on 1 year loan deals

8. Francisco Sandaza was signed

9. Kevin Smith also signed 1 year deal and has gone to raith on loan

Think that is all

You don't select the default database. You select Mr B's database.

Well i cant select mr b's database it only gives me the option of 2.0.8 updated or default and default had the change in players

Make sure the database is extracted and in this place: My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db.

Bennett07 has just released another more up to date database. There is a new thread in this forum.

nice one mate, i'm new to this editor thingy....whats the best one (if there is such thing) to have ??? i'm signed up to fmweegieupdate but their site is down, is their update any good ??

thanks for taking your time to answer

nice one mate, i'm new to this editor thingy....whats the best one (if there is such thing) to have ??? i'm signed up to fmweegieupdate but their site is down, is their update any good ??

thanks for taking your time to answer

I think there are all very good and it is a credit to people who create them to give up their free time to do these. However, FMWeegie seems to be widely recognised by people as the most complete.

I think there are all very good and it is a credit to people who create them to give up their free time to do these. However, FMWeegie seems to be widely recognised by people as the most complete.

nice one, have just see other thread with recomendations. anybody that goes through all the effort of updating database should def be given big thumbs up

Mr B

i have downloaded your database updates but when i load a new game man city have a balance of 6m even though on the pre game editor it says the balance is 300,000,000m?

Any ideas whats wrong and how i can correct this?

There seems to be a limit in the editor. Using FMM to set the balance is easier.

Mr B

i have downloaded your database updates but when i load a new game man city have a balance of 6m even though on the pre game editor it says the balance is 300,000,000m?

Any ideas whats wrong and how i can correct this?

Open Notepad and write

"SUGAR_DADDY" "679"

"BOOST_TEAM" "679" 300000000 -1 -1

Then save it into the update directory:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db\FM Data Update\edt

as city.edt

and start a new game

• 2 months later...
Open Notepad and write

"SUGAR_DADDY" "679"

"BOOST_TEAM" "679" 300000000 -1 -1

Then save it into the update directory:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db\FM Data Update\edt

as city.edt

and start a new game

SI already have added a file called sugardaddy.edt which gives Man City this.

Archived