Acidmonkeys Challenges

OK well the title was weird enough for you to read this.

Starting Friday ill be uploading 1 save file every two weeks (can be longer if people feel they need more time) this is essencially for those who want a quick fix of FM to get themselves back into a game The challenge will run along these lines:

- I will upload a Save file from a certain point in the season (league chosen by me ?for first 4 (i already have an idea for two of them)

- the players will have to try to do something specific e.g. Drag a team off the bottom and to saftey with the remaing games left. (sorta like the LMA scernarios from the PSOne days :D )

- they will obviously be other handicaps. for top goal scorer injured, or you first and second choice keepers banned.

- ill even put up a table before challenge two goes up

Rules

Obviouls there will be rules otherwise they would be stupidly easy :D

- no using 3D party Real time editors or scouts (OBv.)

- id like to say no using the corner cheat but it seems theres no way to enforce it so this is left to your own devices

=Leaving for 3 days to find out if theres enough intrest=

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenges

One: Sort out the county

Guide notts county to Automatic promotion, they currently sit 9th in League Two with 58 points, from 38 games, can you in their remaining 8 games guide them into the top three and clinch automatic promotion? it will take alot of skill as you will likely need to take all 20 of the available 24 points to do this but also some luck too as you are currently sitting 10 points from the top 3.

Points: 3 for 2nd placed 1 for 3d place. 0 points for playoffs (even if promoted)

post a screenshot of the final table (showing P for promotions) have as many goes as you want but post the screen shots and ill go for the one with the highest placing. :)

Sorry No longer available

Two: help AGF

AGF currently sit 2nd in the Danish SAS Ligen with 9 games to go they have 9 points to get back to overhaul Kobenhavn can you guide them to their first title since 1986 and with the next game against Kobenhavn but a last game defeat to Brondby left then 3rd on the same number of points

Points: 3 points for 1st place + win over Kobenhavn 1 points for 2nd place or defeat/draw to Kobenhavn 0 point for 2nd downwards

2 weeks then the next challenge is up.

Sorry No longer available

Three: The Great American Hope

FC Dallas Sit bottom of the MLS with a pathetic Six points, they have no Designated player and have played 12 of the 30 games avilable to them can you gude them to the play-offs?

Points: 3 points for winning the MLS Final 1 points for winning the Western Conference final 0 point for Everything else

Download

Four: Do the Nation Proud

With the world cup ill give you a challenge :) guide the home nation from a difficult Group containing France, Paraguay and Australia you even get to pick your final 23 :) but i need to see everyones final 23

Points: 3 for winning it all, 1 point for making it out of the Group stage 0 for failing to get out of the group.

Download

Five Irish on tour!

Four years since spain lifted the world cup in Africa we come to the land of the samba with the Irish on tour, There are high hopes for the Irish and they have been handed an average group containing Angola Chile and world cup holders spain

Points: 3 for winning it all, 1 point for making it out of the Group stage 0 for failing to get out of the group.

Download

tablep.png

right oh then 3/4 should be enough for a first one ill "try" and sort it out when i get home from work tonight but first one will be up latest friday night i will say at the most a challenge will be one season long (the idea is little games :) )

i'll probably have a look at some of these, although i probably shouldnt due to exams poking up in the not too distant next couple of months. I have no idea what the corner thingy is this version, but I did rather like the LMA manager challenges (until my dog knocked my PS1 on the floor and broke it :( )

right, my evenings work

league table

and the scores from the fixtures

thats me finished in 3rd (thanks to Bournemouth drawing on the last day) after 7 wins and one draw. most of the games seemed a struggle as the squad is tiny before you take into account injuries, I had at least 4 players out injured for each game, so you might need to call up players from the youth team.

Other than that, watch Ricky Ravenhill, and make sure you have plans at DC for when your loanee goes bye-bye with a few games left :)

yea im gonna blast through this tonight but ill only be doing them once :)

Same as, only one attempt per challenge for me, that will keep it more entertaining and arcade-style. Not bothered if I don't win the challenge, it's the taking part that counts!

i like this idea so i will give this a go.

Oh and if you are concerned about the corner cheat Acidmonkey you could ask people to post up a screenie of the corners scored as a way of determining if it was used or not.

i like this idea so i will give this a go.

Oh and if you are concerned about the corner cheat Acidmonkey you could ask people to post up a screenie of the corners scored as a way of determining if it was used or not.

yea thats one thing i might request that on next challenge for now though ill leave it ill trust you guys :)

Good Luck Fuzzrab :thup:

I decided to follow a some peoples lead in only doing each challenge once.

I completed this challenge last night but unfortunately finished 1 point outside the automatic promtion spots and thus failed the challenge.

I wont bother posting up a league table as there isn't much point really.

Hopefully this initial failure is not a sign of things to come in future challenges.

nice one Jnr_ironside, seems like me and fuzzrab are the only ones who suck :(

still plenty of time to take part :) next challenge not up till Friday night/Saturday morning.

The title isn't won at the start of the season its won at the end.

Good luck with these challenges, Acidburn. They are very similar to my 'Weekly Challenges' which I had a few months back but I ran out of spare time to keep things running, and a few people lost interest if I recall correctly, which I hope does not happen here :thup:

Also, nice to see that both of our opening challenges were with Notts County (been copying me have we? ;)) :D

If I find the time, I would be more than happy to take part but I'm not sure when that might be, but I will pop in and follow nevertheless.

Acidburn.

Wrong Acid dude :D

Also, nice to see that both of our opening challenges were with Notts County (been copying me have we? ;)) :D

it could have been with anyone they are generally just holidayed to a set point where i find something that could be intresting.

From the next challenge on ill be taking requests (for country only)

This is the final table:

AGFtable.jpg

These are the fixtures:

AGFfixtures.jpg

I started well, with a draw against Kobenhavn, but died out during the end. Apart from the match against OB, I scored a goal every game.

Overall, it was a hard challenge, mainly because it was a team I did not know about.

• 2 weeks later...

nah man sorry been really busy lately and what little time ive hadly lately i want to play my crook save, will pull my finger out and get summit up by the end of this week, anyone got any preferences on country?

nah man sorry been really busy lately and what little time ive hadly lately i want to play my crook save, will pull my finger out and get summit up by the end of this week, anyone got any preferences on country?

MLS? Tried to manage there a couple of times but never really get it. Glad your gonna carry on.

Archived