in continent table.

This is what I have:

<!-- fields for the continent table -->

<record id="cnrs">

<list id="fields">

<record db_field="cont,Cnam"/> <!-- name -->

</list>

</record>

Why don't you show us what you have in the whole file and I'll copy and paste it in.

That's because dinamo_zagreb was incorrect.

The file need need to edit is in the same folder but called "db record lists.xml".

The continent bit you are looking for will look like this:

<!-- continent table -->
		<record>
			<flags id="field" value="cnls"/>
			<string id="name" value="Continents[COMMENT: Competition editor; field name]"/>
			<flags id="type" value="database_table"/>
			<boolean id="is_section" value="true"/>
			<boolean id="stretch_to_fit_screen" value="true"/>
			<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent"/>
			<boolean id="use_labels_for_columns" value="true"/>
			<boolean id="allow_add" value="false"/> <-- change to true
			<boolean id="allow_remove" value="false"/> <-- change to true
			<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>

<record id="list_item">
				<flags id="fields" value="cnrs"/>
			</record> 
		</record>

The file contains everything from stage names, nations etc. If you "create" nation however, it will not allow a league structure tied to it, the game does not recognise it at start-up.

Good Luck.

I'm confused..............will there be any problems or things I can't do if I add a new nation?

If you make a defunct nation active it will work when added to any continent (including new) and given a league structure.

Making a new nation - that be, editing the XML for the editor to allow the add button, will not allow a league to be attached to it regardless of the continent. The game will not load the league structure.

Copying an entire nation (if possible) will count as a new one too, I presume?

So we can only change existing playable and inactive nations then.

Adding an Antarctica or Viva continent, then only has any purpose if we move existing nations there.

Do you happen too know why the new nations will not be loaded?

And what do you exactly mean by "the nation will most likely work fine though"? That it has been correctly set-up, but the game will overlook it?

Copying an entire nation (if possible) will count as a new one too, I presume?

So we can only change existing playable and inactive nations then.

Adding an Antarctica or Viva continent, then only has any purpose if we move existing nations there.

Do you happen too know why the new nations will not be loaded?

And what do you exactly mean by "the nation will most likely work fine though"? That it has been correctly set-up, but the game will overlook it?

Exactly.

10 letter rule

Is it possible if you used Ireland Pre 1922 and someone else too, to easy transfer it to another country?

As Steven says, some countries you might not want to use, and if someone did, you could then transfer it. (?)

Do you add the Isle of Man league to Europe? Or to another / new continent?

I'm not finished with Isle of Man, I will make it possible to edit continents and add continents and complete Isle of Man this weekend.I will make it available to download if you like.

So far I've added all Premier Division, Second Division and Combination (B teams) teams. I intend to add players soon and real kits.The key features of my database include:

Media sources

Union Mills' link with Blackpool

League will be completely amateur like in real life

Isle of Man is an EU nation (you're allowed to count as one even if you're outside europe, the British Virgin Islands is a EU nation.)

Manx language included with a difficuilty of about 11 or maybe 14 or something like that.

Douglas has been added and in the near future so will other towns and cities

I have also thought about making a non-league Isle of Man based team in England called the Manx Rovers but that is a possibility and it might not be added.If I do add them they will not be playable but you can change that if you want.

letissierandhenryaregreat

P.S. I do not have experience in making kitpacks and logopacks so if someone could make a logopack for Isle of Man and it's teams (I would like Isle of Man's flag to be included and not it's logo) and a kitpack for Isle of Man and it's teams.All help will be much appreciated.

EDIT:I also intend to add Isle of Man to a continent called Europa (which I will make).I will only add countries I've made to the continent.

OK, thanks for answering.

Just a tip for your media sources:

As Nick Habershon (SI) posted: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5087763&postcount=378

And yes I would like to see your leagues uploaded.

I'm just very curious to see what people come up with.

Thanks, and should I add Manx Rovers to the English non-league?(they won't be playable and Manx Rovers isn't a real team).

First of all that is up to you.

If you think it is a usefull addition to the English non-league teams, then you should do it.

If it is not playable and not real, and you look for reality, then you shouldn't.

I wouldn't use countries such as Yugoslavia which have notable historical significance in the game e.g. competition history.

What I did was went through the history of competitions and changed the country, for example Yugoslavia to Serbia, Soviet Union to Russia, Czechslovakia to Czech Republic and East/West Germany to Germany.

I've read on Wikipedia that some of the team that participate in the Island games, normally participate in the Welsh and English leagues. Perhaps these teams mentioned above don't.

Did you allready found a way to solve your questions?

It seems that if you want to add a new continent you have to remove an existing one, as otherwise the game will give the new continent the unique ID of 7. Which is just generically the world. If you were to remove Africa and add say a VIVA Nations continent, then that sould work as the new continent would get the unique ID of 1 for Africa...

I tried to give some non-FIFA nations their own continent with the name of VIVA Nations and the ID of 7 but it crshed the game after I pressed continue.

• 2 years later...

Archived