4-4-2 Baboon. Scoring more goals and medals than ever!

Here is my 4-4-2 tactic. It works with both 10.1 (tested four seasons) and 10.2 (tested two seasons). I am posting my tactic because I have had nothing but succes with it. I have won many titles and my players are performing very well at the same time! I have tested it with Arsenal, Real Madrid and England.

Formation and Player Stats

formation_playerstats.jpg

Results

- Won Premier League four times, where I managed to go unbeaten throughout the season twice (out of four) - Patch 10.1

- Won La Primera Division once (my first season with Real Madrid) - Patch 10.2

- Won Champions League twice (out of five seasons I made the final four times, the last one I lost in the semi finals) - Patch 10.1 & 10.2

- Won 11 other Cups - Patch 10.1 & 10.2

- I managed to get England to the World Cup final, but lost unfortunately - Patch 10.1 & 10.2

fixtures.jpg

Match stats

A tough away game against Barcelona

http://zsolt.dk/baboon/barca.jpg

Domestic Cup final against Atletico Madrid

http://zsolt.dk/baboon/atletico.jpg

About CCC (Clear Cut Chances) I tend to create at least 4-5 per match, it is totally insane!

Team Instructions

teaminstructions.jpg

Player Roles (Role/Duty)

GK (Goalkeeper/Defend)

DR (Wing Back/Automatic) - this one needs to have high stamina, pace and good crossing skills

DL (Full Back/Automatic)

DC (Central Defender/Defend)

DC (Central Defender/Defend)

MR (Winger/Attack) - look for wingers here, it is a plus to have one who can play naturally in this position

ML (Winger/Attack) - look for wingers here, it is a plus to have one who can play naturally in this position

MC (Advanced Playmaker/Support) - 'Fabregas type' [is set as Playmaker]

MC (Ball Winning Midfielder/Support) - tackling guy

ST (Advanced Forward/Attack) - I usely play my fast striker here. It it VITAL to have a good finisher with good composure

ST (Deep Lying Forward/Support) - I usely play my stronger striker here

League table (10.2)

leaguetable.jpg

Ingame Instructions

I go with this tactic to every match I play. If I have problems away with possession, or if the opposition are creating too many chances, I make my team play more direct (passing) and change the 'Starting Strategy' setting to 'Standard' or 'Counter'. This works very well for me. I don't use OI, but if I would, it would probably only be away against much stronger opponents.

Team-talks

Mostly I don't say anything before the match or at halftime. If I do, I will say (if it is a fierce rival) 'For the fans' or sometimes 'I expect a win' if I am playing at home where I am a huge favorite. If everything is in order at halftime I will say nothing, but if things are not in order I will make my players aware of this by saying "Disappointed" or something like that. I allways use fulltime team-talk. The players must know how they did. I always say 'Well done' (this is an easy way of getting a better Squad Harmony) if my team wins and go the opposite direction if my team loses.

My Succes

Througout Football Manager 2010 I have had great succes focusing on:

- Squad Harmony. It is unbelievable how much this has an influence on match performances. I allways strive to have the Squad Harmony on 80+.

- Players vs. Tactic. Look for players that suite your tactic!

- Team-talks. Can be very important in certain situations. Know to use them right!

Download

http://www.filefront.com/15232379/4-4-2%20Baboon.tac

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about OI?

Never use them. They might be useful when playing a stronger opponent though.

please post comments after testing the tactic with lower league club, thanks

I would like to hear the results as well! I have also considering testing with a lower league club, but haven't got the time atm.

Can you post some more screens of games on the 10.2 patch. And in which years you have your results? Because the screen of your squad is full of regens.

I have updated the thread with three screenshots.

I am in 2023. Both Arsenal and Real Madrid finished fourth in their leagues before I managed them. They had good players, but not the best out there. With Arsenal I managed to build a good team in the four seasons I spent there. With Real Madrid I was totally surprised that I won the Triple in the first season after they had been trophyless in 4-5 seasons!

my quick go on holiday valenci game:

5.Valencia win 18 draw 11 lose 9 scored 66 conceded 52

not bad?

As others have mentioned, that is not the right way to test a tactic. Playing matches is not only tactics but also team-talks, squad harmony and so on.

just tested it with my man utd game. P10 W8 D1(But was league cup so won on penalties vs everton) L1

Haven't really tested it aganist any real quality. Have had easy games but will see how I fair when I come up against the top 4

Good to hear. What about goal scoring and creating CCC's?

I haven't had any outstanding results in terms of CCC. I tend to vary from 2 to 4. Haven't managed to create 6 in a game yet, but I suppose my team is still getting used to the positions.

Lil Update. Drew with arsenal 0-0 at Emirates

Lost to chelsea 2-1, after being down to 10 men in the first 20 mins, at Stamford Bridge. They created 6CCC aganist me.=(

Liverpool at Anfield, beat them 5-0. I **** you not!!!

I didn't use OI like i had in the two previous games, and i think it gave my team more incentive to play their own football.

You said in post 1:

Ingame Instructions

I go with this tactic to every match I play. If I have problems away with possession, or if the opposition are creating too many chances, I make my team play more direct (passing) and change the 'Strategy' setting to 'Balanced'. This works very well for me. I don't use OI, but if I would it would probably only be away against much stronger opponents.

the philosophy is Balanced. But what you mean with strategy? (I can't choose balanced) do you mean control? or contain?

thanks

You said in post 1:

Ingame Instructions

I go with this tactic to every match I play. If I have problems away with possession, or if the opposition are creating too many chances, I make my team play more direct (passing) and change the 'Strategy' setting to 'Balanced'. This works very well for me. I don't use OI, but if I would it would probably only be away against much stronger opponents.

the philosophy is Balanced. But what you mean with strategy? (I can't choose balanced) do you mean control? or contain?

thanks

I mean the one called 'Standard'. Balanced was a wrong chosen word by me.

I'm going to give this tactic a go. :)

Does the Deep lying forward have to be a targetman-type striker like Dzeko or are strikers like Benzema good enough?

Good question. I think it is best to have a stronger type like Dzeko, but in my Real Madrid savegame I used a quick striker as well as the Deep Lying Forward.

Hi Zsolt

Thanx for this tactic. I don't know why but I always prefer playing a standard 442 and then I saw your tactic. I'm in a game with Havant & Waterlooville in BSS and after 5 matches your tactic still looks promising. My first 5 matches are:

Newport (A) 1-0

Thurrock (A) 2-0

Welling (H FA Trophy) 5-1

Bishop's Stortford (H) 1-0

Woking (H) 3-0

It started slow with the CCC and my domination of the games but it keeps getting better and the 5th against Woking (who where at the top of the table) my side totally dominated them 22/9 against 3/0 shots and 7 CCC for me

So until now I'm impressed. I will keep you informed what happens when I get some of my scouted players. Currently I'm looking for Full Back right, a right and a left midfield. And when I find these guys I think your tactic will work even better.

I'm using your tactic for my QPR career...awesome little tactic! I always prefer to use 442 formations and I had no luck in trying to create my own but your one is a God send! Thanks so much...Premiership here I come :)

Have you tested it mate?

If yes, how did you go with QPR?

Hey Zsolt, nice results there and throughout this thread. What I want to know is what PPMs do you recommend for some of your positions? I seem to find tactics sometimes become useless if your players have bad PPMs

What is PPM?

Yeah I think not giving teamtalks is a bad idea. Id use Wolfsongs teamtalks for 08, they seem to be the best for any tactic :thup:

If you have a good feeling with team-talks then you should definetly go for it.

First test with Villa against Fulham, I have changed it slightly to reflect my team, playing the wide players in the AMR/AML rather than MR/ML to suit Young/Milner.

HT: Fulham 1 - 4 Villa - they scored first. Goals DC x1, AMR x2, STa x1.

FT: Fulham 4 - 5 Villa. Goal STa x1.

Great first half, very disappointing second but this may be due to my wingers. I will try dropping them back once I have a 2 goal lead. Ill test some more.

I've finally finished my season with man city and here's the results:-

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3087/englishpremierdivision.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1740/manchestercity.png

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1084/ronwilson.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4350/ronwilson2.png

And here's the fixture list and when i started using this tactic. Superb!!!!!!!!

manchestercity2.png

I'm really impressed with this tactic so far but i'll be interested to see how good it does in it's second season.

Gah sorry, not working for me at all 5 defeats on the trot.

Hmmms may have been a running in period, just had my fourth win on the trot.

3 - 0 Wolves

4 - 0 Burnley

5 - 0 Slavia Prague

3 - 0 Portsmouth

Not great teams but 15 goals to 0 in four matches is good for anyone.

Hobgob.

ron-e - So you basically won nearly every game and drew a few? Is this in 10.2, because I dont personally believe thats possible? Without cheating of course.

It is very much possible. If you look at my league table I won even more matches, but lost one (with patch 10.2).

With Arsenal my best season was when I won 31 and drew 7 times getting 100 points. This was in patch 10.1.

ron.e, The Hobgob > Good to hear that you got some succes with the Baboon :)

Yeah, but you were Real Madrid mate.

True, but as I mentioned earlier the Real Madrid team I took over was "only" the fourth best team in Spain. I only bought a world class defender and a good regen, (striker, 19 years old) who became my topscorer, in pre-season. We can argue back and forward about how good the team might be, but the screenshots show the facts which is not achieved by cheating.

Anyway, I see your point that this tactic suits the bigger teams very well. That is why I also are very interested to hear results from people who are trying this tactic with "smaller" teams :)

Archived