A Solid 442

I have created a solid 442 formation which uses wing play.

Midfielder Centre Right is Defensive and the other is a box to box.

You need to have fast strikers or use a good target man as one of the strikers.

My record with Notts County is a follows.

P34 W24 D8 L2 F80 A26 PTS 80

All set pieces are setup and I have scored many goals from corners and free kicks.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a09b0e3/n/Marks_442_V2_Notts_Co_Aug_2009_tac

http://www.mediafire.com/file/otwlyn15iet/Marks 442 V2 (Notts Co, Aug 2009).tac

Mark Oxley

email me at (blanked out) and I shall mail you the tactic.

If anyone else has troube downloading this then please email me.

Thanks

Becareful putting your email address on the forums,your setting yourself up for an inbox full of spam.

Much safer asking them to PM you there email address.

P30 W22 D7 L2 F71 A22 PTS 76

That doesn't make sense.

If you have played 30, why does you Win + Loss + Draw equal 31?

Also, why does your points total as 76 when the stats you add to 73?

Screenshot required here.

This is looking like a very good tactic :)

started game with southampton with this tactic and here are my results

Wycombe 1 SOUTHAMPTON 2

SOUTHAMPTON 2 Swindon 1 (Lge Cup)

Charlton 1 SOUTHAMPTON 3

SOUTHAMPTON 3 Swindon 1

SOUTHAMPTON 2 Stockport 0

Tottenham 2 SOUTHAMPTON 4 (Lge Cup)

ok to be fair spurs battered my keeper scored lol

Your team is far too good for League Two, have you tried it with a poor team? That team should be able to run away with League Two in just about any formation.

I just noticed you have Vladimir Weiss, I can't even get him to go on loan to a top League One team let alone join permanently. Seems wierd he would leave Man City for Notts County, and that they would let him go.

Seems a bit strange, but then that's probably Man City having more money then sense. You've got a real bargain there, wish he would move on bloody loan just once.

Your team almost all being 4 stars or better. Jean-Joel Perrie-Doumbe is a Championship quality or so my League One coaches say. So you've got a team of Top League One or Championship quality players so playing League two teams isn't a great test of how good your tactic is.

I have created a solid 442 formation which uses wing play.

Midfielder Centre Right is Defensive and the other is a box to box.

You need to have fast strikers or use a good target man as one of the strikers.

P34 W24 D8 L2 F80 A26 PTS 80

All set pieces are setup and I have scored many goals from corners and free kicks.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a09b0e3/n/Marks_442_V2_Notts_Co_Aug_2009_tac

http://www.mediafire.com/file/otwlyn15iet/Marks 442 V2 (Notts Co, Aug 2009).tac

Mark Oxley

Tried this out yesterday. I kept creating chances, but I noticed the wingers always went to the byline and put in a high cross on my midget strikers, so I changed the wingers to Wide midfielders, and now they mostly play throughballs on my strikers and I score goals :)

Pretty good tactics, but if you have strikers with terrible arial ability change wingers to Wide midfielders, you don't want all those high crosses then.

I use V3 with FC Utrecht (dutch premier division)

results

League WIN 2-0 Away heracles

League WIN 5-2 Home heerenveen

League DRW 1-1 Away feyenoord

League LOSE 0-2 Home nac breda

League DRW 2-2 Home ajax

League WIN 2-1 Away vitesse

League LOSE 1-4 Home fc twente

League LOSE 0-1 Away roda jc

so far, let you more results

lol none of tactic will work if you have player who are not skilled where it requires

its like having speedy forward and playing drill crosses or target man on head

you need to tweak the tactic on your own, there is no magic corners like in fm09 which will bring you extra 13goals and with those extras overall tactic does not matter at all ( it will give you about 7 more wins), but if you are playing with manager who is tactical tallent (tactic knowledge 20) you will for 90% lose (if you dont tweak before match for opposite team), those managers are very best imo

lol none of tactic will work if you have player who are not skilled where it requires

its like having speedy forward and playing drill crosses or target man on head

you need to tweak the tactic on your own, there is no magic corners like in fm09 which will bring you extra 13goals and with those extras overall tactic does not matter at all ( it will give you about 7 more wins), but if you are playing with manager who is tactical tallent (tactic knowledge 20) you will for 90% lose (if you dont tweak before match for opposite team), those managers are very best imo

Good point, terribly expressed :)

Great Start, i beat a strong United side with my Arsenal Reserves in Carling Cup 3-1 :o

This looks like a good tactic, and i still have to get some players for positions to suit.

I've stayed with Standard, do you change the instruction much during the match or give any shouts?

Great Start, i beat a strong United side with my Arsenal Reserves in Carling Cup 3-1 :o

This looks like a good tactic, and i still have to get some players for positions to suit.

I've stayed with Standard, do you change the instruction much during the match or give any shouts?

I sometimes use Exploit the Flanks & Also Retain Possession.

I also use Pump balls into box when I have a big target man.

working with v3 with Notts Co. So far i've won 13 drew 2 and lost 0 scoring 41(!) and conceding 7 with 2 6-0 scorelines. its a good tactic. keep in mind, i've brought in a lot of good players, including joaquin botero, who has scored 10, olivier tebily, olivier bernard and several others.

mark, ive tried V5 with sunderland, so far:

Sunderland 3-2 Everton

Man Utd 4-1 Sunderland

Sunderland 4-3 Wigan

Overall, it does CREATE CHANCES (averaging 3 ccc in a match) but also leaking in defense, going to switch to V3, to see if it'll resolve my defense problem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, back with 3 more results (going kind of slowly because of the memory leak bug)

Scurnthope 1-3 Sunderland

Fulham 0-0 Sunderland

Sunderland 3-2 Spurs

was using your V3, and defense is still a problem for me, but nonetheless, the ccc created is unbelievable (5 alone in the spurs match), considering my squad is lacking depth.

Note: i think turning off offside trap will improve defensive woes, just tried it againts spurs after conceding 2 and i got a last gasp winner from richardson and not conceding as usually, will update soon!

Hi Mate

Used v3 in my Wellington Phoenix game and did the league and cup double in the A-League. Made a few modifications took wing backs off changed to full backs and changed wingers to wide midfielders. After 1st season I moved to Wigan job as they have just been relegated and sacked martinez. will let you no how i get on.

i use v5. just won league and league cup runners up in sfa cup. play aberdeen. havent played much that my 1st season over. at home i go to attacking and hassle players last 20 get stuck in. against big 2 contain and hassle last 20 get stuck in. ive just beaten celtic 5-2 at parkhead. also for some reason it better to play contain against hibs.

Archived