FM10: Official Internazionale Thread – Home of Super Mario

FM10: Official Internazionale Thread – Home of Super Mario

1171158818.png

Club Background

Football Club Internazionale Milano, commonly referred to as Internazionale and as just Inter in Italy, is an Italian professional football club based in Milan, Lombardy, founded in 1908. Inter are the champions of Italy, having retained their crown on 16 May 2009, their fourth successive title.

Inter are the only side in Italian football to have spent their entire history in Serie A, making them the only club that has spent all the seasons in this top tier from its foundation in 1929-30. Playing in black and blue striped shirts with black shorts, they have 17 Serie A titles to their name. Including the Coppa Italia and the Italian Super Cup, Inter have a total of 26 trophies won in Italy. Outside of their homeland, the club have also had success in European and World tournaments; they won the European Cup in two successive finals in 1964 and 1965. They have also won the UEFA Cup three times and the Intercontinental Cup twice also in 1964 and in 1965.

Inter play their home games at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, also known as the San Siro. The ground, which they share with rivals AC Milan, is the largest in Italian football, with a total capacity of 80,018. Inter train at the fields of sports center "Angelo Moratti" (better known as La Pinetina) in Appiano Gentile, near Como. The term Inter Milan is sometimes used in foreign countries to differentiate Internazionale from AC Milan but is not used within Italy.

interinfo.png

Money Talk:

Title Challenge:

Transfer Budget: £13,000,000

Wage: £2.2m p/w

If you put Title Challenge you can adjust your budget to £20,000,000

Winner:

Transfer Budget: £16,750,000

Wage: £2.5m p/w

Goalkeepers:

Julio Cesar is probably the best player at the club and Francesco Toldo can provide good backup, however Francesco Toldo is 37 years of age and Julio Cesar is 29 so perhaps a younger backup that can push Julio Cesar is needed.

Left Back:

Cristian Chivu is brilliant and should be first choice although Davide Santon can also play here and is a should develop into a world class left back, Inter captain Javier Zanetti can provide cover as well, so no need to invest in this position.

Right back:

Maicon is brilliant here but you can decide to cash in on him as he will attract intrest from Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea, in my game I sold him for £30,000,000. Ivan Cordoba can replace him but Javier Zanetti and Davide Santon can also play here, so even if you do decided to sell Maicon no investment in this area of the squad is needed.

Centre Back:

Experienced centre backs such as Marco Materazzi and Walter Samuel can get you far as well as new signing Lucio and Cristan Chivu can also play here making a strong backbone for the team. You could invest in younger alternatives. Gabriel Milito can be picked up from Barcelona from around 6m so that could be an option.

Centre Midfield and Defensive Midfield:

Thiago Motta, Patrick Vieira, Esteban Cambiasso and Sulley Muntari can play in either centre midfield or defensive midfield and are all great and Wesley Sneijder can also play in the middle if you preferred a more attacking,creative midfielder so no need for investment.

Wingers:

Dejan Stankovic, Mancini and Ricardo Quaresma make this area the strongest of the team. Mario Balotelli is the star man and will probably become the best player on the game.

mario-balotelli.jpg

Mario Balotelli - Wonderkid (above)

Forwards:

Samuel Eto’o will give the team a lethal touch in front of goal. Diego Milito is also a great finisher and David Suazo can provide cover. Depending on what tactic you play, you could invest in another forward, I invested in Edin Dzenko from Wolfsburg for 17,500,000 and him and Eto’o look unstoppable for me, I recommend the purchase of him. A tip is that Eto'o is currently on £250,000 p/w which is a joke, but offer him a new contract, he should accept around £50,000 p/w

Overall the Inter team is already brilliant but changes can be made to improve it even more to push for Champions League and Seria A success.

Good Luck with your Inter Milan game, I hope I helped :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Inter need a new left back becuase Chivu is not brilliant and Santon is not natural there. I personally bought Kolarov from Lazio for 12M pounds and Vargas for 40M pounds divided into 48 monthly payments and I Sold Cambiasso for 18M pounds because I needed the money.

My starting eleven are:

GK - Julio Cesar

RB - Maicon

LB - Kolarov

CB - Ivan Cordoba

CB - Samuel

DM - Muntari

RM - Balotelli

LM - Vargas

AM - Sneijder

ST - Eto'o

ST - Milito

I play Milito as a deep lying forward and I play Eto'o as an advancing forward and They Both scoring well Eto'o has got so far 15 goals in 18 games and Milito has got so far 14 goals in 19 games.

Anyway this is a great thread mate! :thup::)

Was a bit worried when i got a note saying that investors were looking into buying the club and were going to replace me with Michael Laudrup, but the takeover fell through then the board gave me an extra £20m to spend. Took my budget to £35m which i offered for Ribery, Bayern board accepted and he is due to sign in January (had to offer him £205k a wk plus £6m sign on fee)

Kolarov from Lazio is a good choice as leftback, you can get him for €7m. Vargas is great and can play a winger but you will need to shell out around €24m for him.

Any ideas for good offensive midfielders? I'm thinking of getting Arda Turan and rotate him and Sneijder.

Anyone taking Inter, if they feel up for a challenge should take the challenge of "Italianizing Inter", get the team more italians.

As for normally, any decent FM manager can take them up to glory in any competition, in 09 i got them into two consecutive CLs before resigning out of boredom.

GK: Cesar is perfect, but Toldo makes way too many blunders.

DL: Chivu is good, not great, he is rather CB, and i play Santon a lot here to develop him.

DR: Maicon is the backbone and the best RB in the game, i'd never cash in on him, Santon can play occasionally, Zanetti too.

CB: Lucio as ball playing and Samuel as destructive, the pair is perfect, Cordoba and Materazzi can give good cover if Chivu is used at LB.

DMC: Cambiasso as Anchorman, it can't get any better than that, if he is injured, Motta and Muntari can play there, Vieira should go out ASAP.

MC: Sneijder is the perfect playmaker and attacking MC, while Stankovic does great as Box-to-Box, i play Motta as Ball-Playing mid.

Wings: All 4 wings (Quaresma, Mancini, Balotelli and Stankovic) can play both left and right, but they are not the best, the OP is wrong to assume that's Inter's best, it's Inter's WORST, i only played wings on the demo when i needed to open the opposition with direct and wide balls. Balotelli does good as an inside forward here, cutting in, while the rest should be hugging touchline.

Forwards: Eto'o and Balotelli should be used as primary pair, they're very good but they need cover, Milito is pretty good, but not the perfect poacher as he should be(he is best poacher in the world at the moment), so you need another forward, i got Cassano to bring more italianship and creativity, NO DEFENSE in Serie A can stop Cassano(Trequartista FC) - Eto'o (Poacher/advanced).

Anyone taking Inter, if they feel up for a challenge should take the challenge of "Italianizing Inter", get the team more italians.

As for normally, any decent FM manager can take them up to glory in any competition, in 09 i got them into two consecutive CLs before resigning out of boredom.

This is my plan exactly :)

Have been playing a bit with Inter on the demo, but looking forward to the real deal, and then go for some italian youngsters.

On the demo I've signing Giuseppe Rossi and Cassano whom are both really good and fits in nicely in the team.

Have been playing a bit with Inter on the demo, but looking forward to the real deal, and then go for some italian youngsters.

On the demo I've signing Giuseppe Rossi and Cassano whom are both really good and fits in nicely in the team.

Yeah, Bocchetti, D'Agostino, Criscito etc, wait for me. :-)

Now I have the full version of the game i am going to start a game with Inter. My plan is to Italianise? them, first transfer will be cassano, but I can't decide what formation to play as Inter have the players to fit several. Im torn between a 4-3-3 with Cassano & Balotelli supporting Eto'o or a 4-3-1-2

Just Started my first game as Inter and its going well so far having won every game.

Super cup

Inter v Lazio

4 - 0

Sneijder (6), Eto'o (22, 25, 69)

League

Roma v Inter

1 - 2

Totti (65), Eto'o (4), Milito (35)

Fiorentina v Inter

0 - 2

Eto'o (67, 87)

Can't complain about anything so far with some relatively easier games coming up in the league. My Champions League group consists of Bayern, Dinamo Kiev and Unirea Urziceni and should be relatively easy to get out of.

Currently playing a very rigid 4-4-2

Gk: Cesar

Dr: Maicon (fullback)

Dc: Samuel (limited, stopper)

Dc: Lucio (central defender, cover)

Dl: Srna (fullback)

Mr: Sneijder (winger)

Mc: Muntari (box-to-box)

Mc: Cambiasso (ball winning)

Ml: Stankovic (winger, cross from deep, cut inside)

Sc: Eto'o (advanced forward)

Sc: Milito (poacher/ deep lying)

Srna was signed for £17million and gives great balance to Maicon on the other side. Will be looking to give Balotelli some game time although I dislike his lack of work rate, the sme with Santon.

Could do with another stiker, preferably a big physical striker so most likely Dzeko or more of a technical deep lying creative striker like Vucinic or Rossi (both at Man Utd though now).

Alright, I've finally got my hands on the full game and as my first long term game, I've decided to go with Inter.

For the last couple of versions, I've been wanting to build a team around italian players, and now is the time!

Will be looking to bring in mostly italians but with a couple of other stars too.

Two great players have joined the strikeforce at Inter: Dzeko for 21 mio and Giuseppe Rossi for 16 mio. The talented Otamendi and the two youngsters Verratti and El Shaarawy have joined too.

It looks like Maicon will be leaving. I didn't really want to sell him, but United have bid 33 mio which I can't refuse and it'll help me finance a couple more transfers.

Quaresma will most likely be leaving too, as City have become interested in him. Cassano will probably join instead.

Meh well, while I do agree that he's probably the best RB on the game, I don't think a RB is worth 33 mio. I will still have Cordoba, Zanetti and Santon in that spot.

Hehe no, Dzeko isn't very italian, but it's not like I've limited myself to only buying italian players :)

Finished 1st season with Inter and was a good season won the double and made it to the Champions League Semi Final

Won league with 86 pts 5 ahead of Juventus Top scorer was Eto with 25 in all competitions then Balotelli with 21 and Milito chipped in with 23 we were top scores in league and had best defence

Won Italian Cup against Sampdoria 2-0

Made it to Champions League Semi Final but got beat od Seville 1-0 over the 2 legs they scored a injury time penalty in 2nd leg so was unlucky

My signing for 1st season were

Hamsik 16.75m

Luis Suarez 5.5M

Just starting 2nd season now and so far my Signings are

De Rossi 34m

Mexes 25m

Monzon 2.9m

Players Sold

Maicon 36m he was unhappy so decide to cash in on him

Walter Samuel 12.5m

also got rid of players like Materazzi Mancini and other dead wood

Here is my Team

GK Julio Cesar

DR Santon

DL Chivu

DC Mexes

DC Lucio

DMC De Rossi

MC Cambiasso

MC Sneijder

AMC Hamsik

FC Eto

FC Balotelli

subs

Toldo

Cordoba

Milito

Suarez

Muntari

Stankovic

Motta

Just Started my first game as Inter and its going well so far having won every game.

Super cup

Inter v Lazio

4 - 0

Sneijder (6), Eto'o (22, 25, 69)

League

Roma v Inter

1 - 2

Totti (65), Eto'o (4), Milito (35)

Fiorentina v Inter

0 - 2

Eto'o (67, 87)

Can't complain about anything so far with some relatively easier games coming up in the league. My Champions League group consists of Bayern, Dinamo Kiev and Unirea Urziceni and should be relatively easy to get out of.

Currently playing a very rigid 4-4-2

Gk: Cesar

Dr: Maicon (fullback)

Dc: Samuel (limited, stopper)

Dc: Lucio (central defender, cover)

Dl: Srna (fullback)

Mr: Sneijder (winger)

Mc: Muntari (box-to-box)

Mc: Cambiasso (ball winning)

Ml: Stankovic (winger, cross from deep, cut inside)

Sc: Eto'o (advanced forward)

Sc: Milito (poacher/ deep lying)

Srna was signed for £17million and gives great balance to Maicon on the other side. Will be looking to give Balotelli some game time although I dislike his lack of work rate, the sme with Santon.

Could do with another stiker, preferably a big physical striker so most likely Dzeko or more of a technical deep lying creative striker like Vucinic or Rossi (both at Man Utd though now).

GK: Cesar is perfect, but Toldo makes way too many blunders.

DL: Chivu is good, not great, he is rather CB, and i play Santon a lot here to develop him.

DR: Maicon is the backbone and the best RB in the game, i'd never cash in on him, Santon can play occasionally, Zanetti too.

CB: Lucio as ball playing and Samuel as destructive, the pair is perfect, Cordoba and Materazzi can give good cover if Chivu is used at LB.

DMC: Cambiasso as Anchorman, it can't get any better than that, if he is injured, Motta and Muntari can play there, Vieira should go out ASAP.

MC: Sneijder is the perfect playmaker and attacking MC, while Stankovic does great as Box-to-Box, i play Motta as Ball-Playing mid.

Wings: All 4 wings (Quaresma, Mancini, Balotelli and Stankovic) can play both left and right, but they are not the best, the OP is wrong to assume that's Inter's best, it's Inter's WORST, i only played wings on the demo when i needed to open the opposition with direct and wide balls. Balotelli does good as an inside forward here, cutting in, while the rest should be hugging touchline.

Forwards: Eto'o and Balotelli should be used as primary pair, they're very good but they need cover, Milito is pretty good, but not the perfect poacher as he should be(he is best poacher in the world at the moment), so you need another forward, i got Cassano to bring more italianship and creativity, NO DEFENSE in Serie A can stop Cassano(Trequartista FC) - Eto'o (Poacher/advanced).

How much did you fellas pay for Cassano? He looks to be an excellent addition and I'm hoping to add him to the squad :)

Hi guys, I just started as Inter and hopefully I will be using this as my long term career game. Anyway just about to start the season and I brought in Cassano for 17m and also van der Vaart on loan. Tried to sell some of the existing squad like Vieira/Quaresma/Mancini/Materazzi/Suazo but with no success which is particularly annoying given their wages. Oh yeah I got Alexis Sanchez as well given I loved him on 09.

In reply to the post about Figo taking over the club yes that happened to me also but nothing has changed in terms of finances anyway.

I had an Italian consortium take over in my game. The Chairman injected £85m into the balance (transfer funds haven't changed yet). He's also a Sugar Daddy (Foreground) and he's said he wants Inter to be the best club in the world. My club reputation has also increased to the maximum possible (10,000).

Lucky or what? :D

Tight bugger won't give me any funds though, asked every month until November and he's finally gave me £18m from a balance of £119m!

Playing a diamond formation at the mo

--------------Cesar--------------

Maicon - Samuel - Cordoba - Chivu

-----------Cambiasso-------------

---Toulalan----------Motta-------

------------Sneijder------------

--------Milito--------Eto----------

Playing very narrow (asked for a small pitch at the Meazza) and very quick with all passing focused through middle. Playing a deep defensive line because the defenders available, whilst not the quickest, are mentally superb so i don't want them exposed by fast strikers.

I realise playing as Inter is relatively easy, so i'm going to adopt an approach of signing players this season and then rely on youth products from the Academy.

Cassano will come in as rotation for Sneijder and Milito, with Fazio coming in as backup for Cambiasso. Also signed Santacroce as cover, Pocognoli as cover.

I thought the Figo takeover had been corrected in the 1st patch? Disappointing if it's still in it.

The board decided to give me an extra £40m :D

Dzeko will be coming in, need a height presence in the team up front with Eto'o. Otherwise i'm leaving the side alone and relying on promoted youth players next summer.

I thought the Figo takeover had been corrected in the 1st patch? Disappointing if it's still in it.

The board decided to give me an extra £40m :D

Dzeko will be coming in, need a height presence in the team up front with Eto'o. Otherwise i'm leaving the side alone and relying on promoted youth players next summer.

Im definatly on the latest patch :D

Tight bugger won't give me any funds though, asked every month until November and he's finally gave me £18m from a balance of £119m!

Playing a diamond formation at the mo

--------------Cesar--------------

Maicon - Samuel - Cordoba - Chivu

-----------Cambiasso-------------

---Toulalan----------Motta-------

------------Sneijder------------

--------Milito--------Eto----------

Playing very narrow (asked for a small pitch at the Meazza) and very quick with all passing focused through middle. Playing a deep defensive line because the defenders available, whilst not the quickest, are mentally superb so i don't want them exposed by fast strikers.

I realise playing as Inter is relatively easy, so i'm going to adopt an approach of signing players this season and then rely on youth products from the Academy.

Cassano will come in as rotation for Sneijder and Milito, with Fazio coming in as backup for Cambiasso. Also signed Santacroce as cover, Pocognoli as cover.

Same formation, but Lucio plays instead of Samuel and the diamond is Cambiasso; Sneijder, Muntari; Cassano (amazing signing) when everyone is fit.

How long does it normally take for Balotelli to become better than Milito or Eto'o?

If he gets regular football for 2-3 seasons he'll shoot up. But Workrate has been proven in FM09 to have an effect on a youngsters development, along with Professionalism and Determination. I haven't checked his Professionalism rating, but i'm assuming it's not that high and neither is his Workrate, so it might take him a while to reach his potential, if at all.

Looking at getting Yoann Gourcuff from Bordeaux as rotation for Sneijder. Fazio is coming for cover for Cambiasso and i might take a look at Demichelis as a replacement for Cordoba.

Just finished my 2nd season and only won the Italian Cup came 2nd in the League after some poor performances ended up losing to teams a should have been beating easily won most of my games against the big guns like Milan Juventus just dident perform against smaller clubs maby i bought and sold to many players which upset the balance ofthe team.

My 2 main signings De Rossi and Mexes performed well but they do pick up alot of red cards and yellows. Bought a couple of promising youngsters that had been reccomeded on these boards like Verratti who looks like he could turn out to be awesome the only main signing in January was Pazzani for 17m and was worth every penny as he scored 9 goals in 11 games

Got to the quater final of Champions League and got hammered 4-0 of Lyon think am going to have to change my tactics and maby bring in some more palers for 3rd season

Stuttering myself.

With 20 games gone, i'm 4th with W10 D8 L2 with 29 scored and 10 conceded. Too many 1-1 draws and 1-0 wins against teams like Siena, Bologna, Catania.

I'm outplaying them, with an average of 20 shots to 5, but Milito and Eto'o are averaging less than a 6.5 rating.

EDIT:

Another 1-0 against Sampdoria, 20 shots for me, dominated posession but their 'keeper for MoM with an 8.1.

13735171.th.png

Abandoned the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow Diamond because it simply wasn't working.

I was finding that Eto'o, Milito and Dzeko were being crowded out and had no space to move.

As usual in the Match Engine, a 4-4-2 seems to miraculously bring the best out of forwards, quite dissappointing tbh.

Scoring 3-4 goals per game since moving to a 4-4-2 instead of 1-2 goals per game with the Diamond.

yer a was playing the diamond tactic an for some reason a struggled in 2nd season after a great 1st season were a scored loads and had awesome defence 2nd seasona had 23 wins 9 draws and 6 defeats a still finished as 2nd top scorers in league and had best defence maby a will try a different tactic am not keen on a 4-4-2 it just seems a bit boring

Same, 4-4-2 isn't adventurous for me, i'm bored of relying on wingers for the best part of 10 years playing CM and FM and i wanted to try something different.

Board gave me £113m to spend, so i've brought back Ibrahimovic for £80m, £40m up front and £40m over 4 years and bought Demichelis in and got rid of Lucio and Cordoba. Ribery has also come in for £60m, £30m up front and £30m over 4 years.

Also brought in Renan as backup for Cesar and got rid of Toldo.

Theres so many highly paid players i can't get rid of, Mancini, Quarema, Viera, Suazo :(

yer a cant see me changing to a 4-4-2 a will try anything but that

some good signing there maby payed a bit to much for some what season you in am just starting season 3 now and Ribery was available on pre contract he went to liverpool for about 7m on my game a offerd him a contract but he refused

a managed to sell Quaresma for 9m after loaning him out for first 2 seasons so happy with that and a managed to offer viera a coaching roles at club for 8 k a week better than 130 k he was getting and he is a pretty good coach try offering him a coaching contract it all depends what season you are in tho

So far only signing for me at beginning of 3rd season is Vargas for 17m am thinking of maby Zarate or Auguero then a will be pretty happy with my team

Really fedup of this Inter save now.

2-1 loss at home to Lecce, followed by a 2-0 loss away to Ajax.

Struggling to score goals, i've never scored more than 3 in 1 match in 2 seasons with superb players at my disposal.

Ibrahimovic, Ballotelli, Eto'o, Cassano and Dzeko all hit straight at the keeper. Wingers don't run at the defenders, they stop and turn around and pass back to the fullback. Defenders completely switch off with through-balls through the channels, Samuel and Mexes are guilty as hell.

Archived